Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Bombing in Brussels , airport and metro explosions

(Read 5816 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Bombing in Brussels , airport and metro explosions
     OP - March 22, 2016, 09:47 AM

Brussels Zaventem airport and metro explosions 'kill at least 13'  says news
    Several explosions have struck Brussels airport and the metro system, causing at least 13 deaths, Belgian media say. Two blasts tore through the departures area of Zaventem airport shortly after 08:00 local time (07:00 GMT).

An hour later, an explosion hit Maalbeek metro station, close to the EU institutions. The airport and whole metro system have been closed. The attacks come four days after Salah Abdeslam, the main suspect in the Paris attacks, was captured in Brussels. The Belgian government has confirmed casualties at the airport but has given no numbers. The cause of the explosions is unknown. Belgium has now raised its terror threat to its highest level.

well that is the news...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQpxM0-O9aI

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - March 22, 2016, 11:14 AM

2 explosions at Brussels airport, 1 at subway station; 23 killed  says news..

Brussels, Belgium (CNN)Three explosions that ripped through Belgium on Tuesday killed at least 23 people, according to Belgian media, and raised the specter of terror once again in the heart of Europe.

Ten died in a blast at a subway station, according to two Belgian broadcasters. The other 13 were killed, in addition to 35 injured, in two blasts at Brussels' airport, reported public broadcaster VRT.

The subway station blast happened in the Brussels suburb of Maalbeek, near the European quarter, where much of the European Union is based, according to CNN affiliate RTL. All metro stations in the city have been closed, according to the official Twitter account for the city's transportation agency.

In addition to that precaution, authorities have raised the terror threat level in Belgium to four -- its highest. That step-up means army soldiers can be sent onto the streets to meet security needs.

It's unclear what caused all the blasts, or if they're related to terrorism.

that is the news from CNN and this is the news video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUBXjVAafcE

Reply #2 - March 22, 2016, 12:30 PM

well pictures speak volumes on desperate situations

Reply #3 - March 22, 2016, 03:21 PM

So the last time I visited Karachi, I thought to myself: "I probably shouldn't visit here again. It doesn't seem like a safe place to be."

The whole world is Karachi now, it seems.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #4 - March 22, 2016, 08:15 PM

I had to find this out from the cashier in Iceland's. The world is crazier.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #5 - March 22, 2016, 08:45 PM

Nail bomb and IS flag found during police raids in Brussels  says news

A bomb containing nails has been found along with an Islamic State flag in police raids in Brussels, according to prosecutors.  The discovery was made during a search of an apartment hours after the Belgian terror attacks, which killed at least 34 people.

"The searches that took place in the Schaerbeek (district) found an explosive device containing among other things nails," the federal prosecutor said in a statement.

"Investigators also discovered chemicals and a flag of the Islamic State," the statement added. A series of raids are taking place across Brussels in connection with two bomb blasts at Zaventem Airport and an explosion at Maalbeek metro station.

Belgian authorities have released a photograph showing three suspects caught on CCTV cameras at the airport. Two men seen in the photograph wearing dark jumpers are believed to have blown themselves up in the terror strike, which began around 8am local time.

A third man wearing a hat is understood to have fled the airport.

I am afraid . Chemicals/nails/bombs doesn't mean these rogues came in boats on high seas along with 1000 immigrants looking for shelter from war zones of middle east.   In fact it means these brutal rogues are   are born bread in Europe .. they didn't come from Syria or Iraq..

Brussels explosions: Is mystery airport attacker the wanted Paris bomb maker? Belgian Najim Laachraoui, 24, who made the suicide bombs used in the Paris outrage, is now one of Europe’s most wanted men who gave police the slip last year

Najim Laachraoui was a former Catholic schoolboy and electromechanics student, Laachraoui was stopped by police in September last year, just weeks before the Paris attacks, as he made his way across Europe from Syria.

He was in a car with Saleh Abdeslam, who later became a key fugitive from the Paris attacks, on their way from Budapest to Brussels when they were stopped.
    But police waved them on after they convinced officers they were tourists on a trip to Vienna.

Because they were travelling on false identities, police were unaware that an international warrant for had been issued for him in March 2014 under his real name. Laachraoui was only publicly identified as a Paris suspect on Monday and Brussels was targeted less than 24 hours later.

Reply #6 - March 22, 2016, 08:58 PM

So the last time I visited Karachi, I thought to myself: "I probably shouldn't visit here again. It doesn't seem like a safe place to be."

The whole world is Karachi now, it seems.

asbie  who knows 10 years down the road living in Karachi may be better than living in Brussels .....  But I can assure you, if you get down the flight and go away   some 200 miles  East or 200 miles west of Karachi .. that place will be safer than Karachi.. ALSO MUCH MUCH CHEAPER..

Why-was-Brussels-attacked

War on Islam Not ISIS

.meforum.org

Reply #7 - March 23, 2016, 01:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyWfAyTUoP0

Brussels Bombing Suspects

Reply #8 - March 23, 2016, 09:04 PM

The kids at school were talking about this. It's a damn shame but glad to hear the kids say that 'not all Muslims are terrorists'. We raised them well.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #9 - March 24, 2016, 03:01 PM

These two brothers are believed to have blown themselves up at the Brussels airport.

BRUSSELS — Belgian authorities were searching Wednesday for a top suspect in the country’s deadliest attacks in decades, as the European Union’s capital awoke under guard and with limited public transport after 34 were killed in bombings on the Brussels airport and a subway station.

Belgian state broadcaster RTBF has identified two of the attackers as brothers Khalid and Brahim El Bakraoui. They are believed to have blown themselves up in the attacks. The third man is at large and has not been identified.

The report Wednesday says the brothers were known to police for past crimes, but nothing relating to terrorism. RTBF says Khalid El Bakraoui had rented an apartment which was raided by police last week in an operation that led authorities to top Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam.

Last week, Belgian police said they were hunting for a suspected Abdeslam accomplice, Najim Laachraoui. He is believed to have made the suicide vests used in the November attacks in Paris, in which 130 people were killed, according to a French police official who said Laachraoui’s DNA was found on all of them and in a Brussels apartment where they were made.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing.

The airport and several Brussels metro stations remain closed Wednesday. Security forces stood guard around the neighborhood housing headquarters of EU institutions, as nervous Brussels residents began returning to school and work under a misty rain.

The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the attacks.

In other words three dedicated rogues could cause such a havoc on a city .. They are smart They look educated .. they sound educated and they lived in Europe .. How do we figure out what is there in their brains? and what methods can we use to clean the shit in their heads??

Reply #10 - March 24, 2016, 05:20 PM

The Saudi origins of Belgium’s Islamist threat
     Reply #11 - March 24, 2016, 06:00 PM

Hmm... Ishaan Tharoor ....interesting

writes about foreign affairs for The Washington Post. He previously was a senior editor at TIME, based first in Hong Kong and later in New York.

So Mr. Shashi Tharoor  that UN guy from India put his sons in right places ..

Reply #12 - March 24, 2016, 08:16 PM

Woman with hijab at Brussels memorial site rips apart, hides Israeli flag

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=175_1458783064
     Reply #13 - March 24, 2016, 10:24 PM

Not sure if this is the right place or time to post this but in light of the awful Brussels attacks, these types of memes have been going round, which are well meaning and welcome, but for me, they kind of miss the point.

Yes, and do you know why? Because you are all BETTER than your god! We are just trying to help you to realise it.

You may not hate non-Muslims, but the god of your book does, and that is the point many of us atheists are trying to make, not only to Muslims, but Christians and Jews too. And those that do hate us or want to harm us, can in many cases, claim 'divine permission'.

Generally, at least as far as I am concerned, if in a discussion, I happen to criticise someone's god or prophet or scripture, it is not that I want to personally insult or enjoy offending someone, in fact it is the opposite, it is because I am trying to point out how much, kinder, wiser, and morally superior they are to the god they worship. This is a compliment surely? Not an insult. I am trying to elevate the believer, not drag them down.  This is the message that I and many atheists/secularists are trying to get across to believers.

Sorry if this sounded like a bit of an off-topic rant, it's not meant to be, it's just something that bugs me sometimes and I wanted to let it out as I think it is relevant.

(phew!)

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #14 - March 24, 2016, 11:34 PM

Deaths since 2000 in Western Europe from terrorism are still well below the levels of the 1970s and 80s, either separatist (IRA, ETA) or communist (Red Brigades, Bader Meinhof etc.) This does include the murder of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympics - but in those days the PLO was wholly secular. Also 2011 was one guy, not a Muslim, Andres Brevik in Norway.

Keep calm and carry on. Sh*t always happens, and speaking as someone who lived through the IRA campaign, not that bad yet. 50 people a year average, 25,000 a year killed in road accidents in the EU.

It's perceptions that matter, unfortunately, not reality. Europe will doubtless see a drop in tourism (it does not take much to scare Americans and Japanese). Also unfortunately a rise in counterproductive prejudice against Muslims as people, not the same as concluding that Islam is evil crap (which in its increasingly dominant Salafist form, it is)
     Reply #15 - March 24, 2016, 11:44 PM

Sure, but why do such stats only mention 'western' countries. These things go on all over the world, so when you include the ME and other regions in the Islamic world, that figure is much much higher.

I fully understand why these stats are quoted, in order to reduce hysterical reactions, violence and harassment against normal peaceful Muslims in Western countries, but it kind of hides the scale of the problem elsewhere.

These 'west-centric' stats that people quote,  only seem to give the impression "Hey it's not that bad here in the west, nothing to worry about...... media paranoia!, if it doesn't effect us, no need to do anything"....... but its not paranoia in Kabul, Syria, Mosul, Nigeria...... the list goes on.  Its an international problem happening right now in many parts of the world outside the west.

You show these stats to worried residents in Iraq, Syria, Turkey  and say "Hey did you know that in the USA you are more likely to be killed by a Klan member so don't exaggerate the threat, its just a perception, keep calm and carry on" he will probably tell you to 'go forth and multiply'. If you were to look at the stats in Syria, that bar chart will look very different.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #16 - March 25, 2016, 12:36 AM

Adey5, I agree but this thread is about a terrorist incident in Western Europe.

Also it may be small comfort to anyone in Syria, Libya or Iraq, but for the world as a whole the past decade has been pretty peaceful. Yes, wars in the ME, but far fewer in Africa or the rest of Asia, and a big reduction in terrorism in the CIS and Latin America (crime has spiralled in Mexico, but Colombia and Peru are now pretty safe places).
     Reply #17 - March 25, 2016, 11:23 AM

Fair points, perhaps this discussion is for another day, another thread. Sorry to drag it off topic.

Reply #18 - March 26, 2016, 11:52 AM

Was going to write this on a forum with predominantly muslims, but didn't bother..

One thing is for certain, any notions of "one true religion" and adherents of other religions being termed "infidels", are downright perilous. Such divisory tactics will never lead to peaceful co-existence. We also keep on instilling glorification of killing and dying in the name of religion in our youth, we also tell them that as long as something is endorsed by religion, they should leave their logic, reason and even humanity aside, and then we don't expect all of this to come back to haunt us. Who teaches these young men and women that there is no greater glory than becoming a martyr in the name of religion? Problem isn't that they are becoming martyrs for the "wrong" cause, problem is that they deeply believe in this notion of martyrdom in the name of religion being above all.

Just in the last few days, the imams at some of the biggest mosques in european nations, such as Scotland, Norway, Denmark etc. have all endorsed the killer Mumtaz Qadri. Merely because they beleive he died for the honor of the prophet. Everything else then becomes insignificant. Those people are not imams at those mosques because they were in position of power before they became imams, they are imams because their message and despicable values ressonate with too many muslims. Thats the crux of the problem, the disturbing values that gets instilled in our youth.
     Reply #19 - March 26, 2016, 01:31 PM

Why Belgium?
     Reply #20 - March 26, 2016, 01:56 PM

I didn't know what to make of this from the above article

Although it is extremely difficult to investigate this aspect of things, I am convinced that we might gain much understanding about the motivations of terrorist acts by examining the family situation, whether or not there is a history of family tension or violence, of the attackers in question. I am not talking exclusively about physical violence from the fathers, as this leaves visible scars and is often easily identified. It’s the invisible scars, perhaps induced by moral and verbal violence from the mothers, that might shed some new light on certain kinds of extremist behavior.

Blame the women  Huh?
     Reply #21 - March 26, 2016, 02:03 PM

Yes, it might be looking a bit too hard for psychological motivations.
     Reply #22 - March 26, 2016, 02:06 PM

I didn't know what to make of this from the above article

Blame the women  Huh?

hello puzzlelover.. how are you doing?

STOP GIVING ME THE PUZZLED POSTS., you may love the puzzles but I can not solve them..  Huh?

So if you put that post link or article link.,  that would help me to understand the mindset of the person who wrote that,,

Oops sorry that is this one of zec post  Why Belgium?  by Didier Leroy and Joost Hiltermann

Juicy  stuff... 

Reply #23 - March 26, 2016, 03:14 PM

Oops sorry that is this one of zec post  Why Belgium?  by Didier Leroy and Joost Hiltermann

See, Yeezeevee, my puzzles, are easy to solve, whereas you are sphinxlike  grin12
     Reply #24 - December 05, 2022, 03:05 AM

Nice to see integration going well in Brussels:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xMze4bUigJ0&t=1s

Not that I care that much for flag waving patriotism myself but it's interesting to see such jubilation from Moroccans against their host country. Any clever answer about Belgian imperialism to explain away this behaviour? Can't find one, I don't think Morocco ever came under the influence of Belgium.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbD-_h0QnlA

Ten men will go on trial accused of playing a role in the Brussels terror attacks of 2016 that killed 32 people and injured hundreds in what was Belgium’s worst peacetime atrocity.

The trial, taking place in a specially constructed court in Nato’s former headquarters in the north of the Belgian capital, begins proceedings on Monday, more than six and a half years after the attacks on Brussels airport and Maelbeek metro station on 22 March 2016.

The 10 accused include Salah Abdeslam, who last year was found guilty of murder and sentenced to life in prison in separate legal proceedings for his role in the Paris attacks of 2015, which killed 130 people and injured more than 490. Abdeslam is among five of the accused who have been convicted in France over the Paris attacks.

Also in the dock in Belgium is Mohamed Abrini, who is alleged to be the “man in the hat” caught on camera with two suicide bombers who blew themselves up in the attack on Brussels airport. Prosecutors say Abrini left a bomb in the departure hall and fled the scene.

Abrini, who admitted driving bombers to the scene of the Paris attacks, was last year sentenced to life in prison with a minimum term of 22 years for his role in the shootings in the French capital.

Another defendant, Osama Krayem, planned to be a metro suicide bomber but changed his mind at the last minute, one of his former lawyers said in 2016. One of the accused, Oussama Atar, will be tried in absentia. He is believed to have been killed in Syria in 2017.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/04/trial-of-10-accused-in-2016-brussels-terror-attack-begins-on-monday
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »