Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Just need to vent a little

(Read 2323 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Just need to vent a little
     OP - March 12, 2016, 08:24 PM

Just when I feel like I'm in a good place in my life, my family drop the marriage bomb and stress me the fuck out.

I know I'm getting "old" and need to start looking, but how the fuck do you just casually bring up the fact that you're an ex-muslim?

I'm Pakistani and ideally would like to marry a Pakistani atheist like myself, but I have no idea how to tell a potential partner that, because I can't risk him telling his family and spreading the word in the Pakistani community.

All the Pakistani guys I've met over here are hypocrites. They do whatever the hell they want but when it comes to girls, they all want "good girls" i.e semi-devout muslims. I don't feel like I'm compatible with Danes either, and honestly, it's not even an option if I want to keep my family in my life.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it sucks to be an in-betweener.  :(
     Reply #1 - March 12, 2016, 09:26 PM

You will find him in time? Is it a Pakistani that you want? Why not a non-Pakistani?

It's a mess at times.. I know. You're not the only one.

Hmmm...try dating sites perhaps.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #2 - March 12, 2016, 10:14 PM

Awww normally the age that is considered to be "old" in the Muslim community is not really old, especially when it comes to women.

Since you mentioned that your apps rents will only accept a Pakistani, your best bet is having a look at dating websites. Are there any meetup groups where you live that will help you to meet fellow Atheists?
     Reply #3 - March 12, 2016, 11:17 PM

You will find him in time? Is it a Pakistani that you want? Why not a non-Pakistani?

It's a mess at times.. I know. You're not the only one.

Hmmm...try dating sites perhaps.

That's a good question considering I haven't met a single Pakistani guy that I've been compatible with so far. I guess I do enjoy certain aspects of Pakistani culture and when I compare the Pakistani couples in my family with the pakistani + dane couples, I just lean more towards the former. I'd like to be able to poke fun at Pakistani culture with my future husband but at the same time be able to dance at desi weddings etc. I don't know if I'm making much sense right now, but yeah.
     Reply #4 - March 12, 2016, 11:22 PM

Awww normally the age that is considered to be "old" in the Muslim community is not really old, especially when it comes to women.

Since you mentioned that your apps rents will only accept a Pakistani, your best bet is having a look at dating websites. Are there any meetup groups where you live that will help you to meet fellow Atheists?

I don't think meeting Pakistani guys is that big of a problem, the bigger problem is telling them you don't believe in Islam and hence, don't want it to be part of your life once you get married. :/  If they don't share your views, which they most likely don't, they probably won't keep their mouths shut about it and the word will spread. 

Thanks for offering advice though, I appreciate it! Smiley
     Reply #5 - March 12, 2016, 11:37 PM

That's a good question considering I haven't met a single Pakistani guy that I've been compatible with so far. I guess I do enjoy certain aspects of Pakistani culture and when I compare the Pakistani couples in my family with the pakistani + dane couples, I just lean more towards the former. I'd like to be able to poke fun at Pakistani culture with my future husband but at the same time be able to dance at desi weddings etc. I don't know if I'm making much sense right now, but yeah.

You're from Denmark? Good luck!

Had an awful experience with a Danish girl. One thing I've learnt is to be honest about your intentions and future prospects. She was an absolute con artist and good riddance.

Seriously, just be open about your atheism. It's hard. Very hard. But at least you are lying to your beloved.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »