Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: "Member"/"Ex-Muslim"? ++

(Read 8861 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • "Member"/"Ex-Muslim"? ++
     OP - March 07, 2016, 09:24 PM

Er, I think I messed up the "Member"/"Ex-Muslim" question when setting up my forum account. If "Member" means member of the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain, then it seems I should have selected that, instead of "Ex-Muslim", which I am, too. If this is so, then please could you change it from "Ex-Muslim" to "Member"? (I'm not sure whether this affects how the Forum appears to me, or what I can and cannot do).

I also have two questions to which the answers are probably blindingly obvious to everyone else, but not to me:
    • If more than one person has replied to a post and I want to reply to a replier who is not the last one in the thread, how do I do that?
    • How do I access/edit my signature?

Thank you very much for your patience.

New general blog, Autonomous Individual, under construction at Freethought Blogs to be launched soon with posts on Pedagogy, Religion, Cities and Marriage Equality. http://freethoughtblogs.com/anjuli
     Reply #1 - March 07, 2016, 09:29 PM

No, member doesn't mean member of the Council, it just means a forum member who's never been muslims/doesn't want to declare.  It doesn't make any difference to how you see the forum anyway, its just a guide for other posters interacting with you.

If you look down at the bottom right corner of a post you will see a quote button.  Just press that and reply underneath the quoted post.

Go into your profile, press the look and layout button and that will enable you to edit your sig. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - March 08, 2016, 10:55 AM

I also have two questions to which the answers are probably blindingly obvious to everyone else, but not to me:................

Hello BuraqRentalsInc.. Greetings and my good wishes to you., I just read your first post in inductions folder.  So I have one question and the question is blinding me.. lol..

what does your forum Nick  "BuraqRentalsInc" means??

Do you have business "Renting Burkhas" in Cape town ?

OR  you have a business  of Hotels and guest houses near that Syrian/Israeli border "Buraq, Syria"?

either way I am very glad to read you and I believe you have vast life experience from different countries and cultures and  that is helpful to readers in CEMB..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - March 08, 2016, 09:22 PM

Cheesy Cheesy   @ yeezevee

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #4 - March 08, 2016, 09:32 PM

Hello BuraqRentalsInc.. Greetings and my good wishes to you., I just read your first post in inductions folder.  So I have one question and the question is blinding me.. lol..

what does your forum Nick  "BuraqRentalsInc" means??

Do you have business "Renting Burkhas" in Cape town ?

OR  you have a business  of Hotels and guest houses near that Syrian/Israeli border "Buraq, Syria"?

either way I am very glad to read you and I believe you have vast life experience from different countries and cultures and  that is helpful to readers in CEMB..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

I took it to mean s/he owns a rental company for flying horses with women's faces.
     Reply #5 - March 08, 2016, 09:43 PM

I took it to mean s/he owns a rental company for flying horses with women's faces.

Hmm... webbess1 ..............  what?  you mean divine  horse Barak??  you mean this one

well that is all good for his/her male clients but how about women folks  Huh?

So what is happening in the that neighboring county of that South Africa? I missed this news

or this link  ...  Is this really true?? No UN meeting ?  No fight from that OIC??

Reply #6 - March 09, 2016, 01:10 AM

Hmm... webbess1 ..............  what?  you mean divine  horse Barak??  you mean this one

well that is all good for his/her male clients but how about women folks  Huh?

So what is happening in the that neighboring county of that South Africa? I missed this news

or this link  ...  Is this really true?? No UN meeting ?  No fight from that OIC??

-------------
    Dear Valued Customer,

Buraq Rentals Inc very much regrets that the models you refer to have long since been discontinued. We've decided to concentrate on the classic model as preferred by more than a billion of our customers. It has performed strongly since its debut appearance in 621 and gave the world the saying, "The sky's the limit," when it proved this to be the case. But do not take our word for it. Here's what the customer who had hired that model, Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul Muttalib, a fine Meccan gentleman of the merchant class, had to say,

"I wanted Heaven to come to me, but it would not. So I had to go to Heaven. I almost gave up on finding a company that could supply the kind of horse that could meet my requirements. I became depressed and retreated to a cave nearby. Presently, an angel appeared before me and said, 'Read'. It was a joke, right? Everyone knows I can't read. So I ignored it, but the angel insisted I behold the wall. And there, wallahi, was a brochure stuck to the wall. I concentrated very hard and the writing on the brochure was revealed to me. It said, "Hasten thee, oh Muhammad, unto Buraq Rentals Inc. There shalt thou find what thou seekest." It was a joke, right? But I thought I'd check it out anyway.
         The buxom lady with the amazing black hair at Buraq Rentals Inc showed me the latest model and, sneaky little thing, claimed that with that buraq 'the sky's the limit'. So I made a crescent moon on the dotted line and left with this shiny new beast. That night, just as I was dozing off to sleep, I noticed a strange light in my stable. I rushed out because Khadija said that if I return that thing with one scratch on it, they'll have my foreskin. Right there, in my stable, an angel was doing something to the buraq that I'd just paid for, that, apparently, gave it pleasure. I'm not sure why I felt jealous, but I mounted the beast and instantly it took off.
         Next thing I knew, it stopped for a drink at a fountain in Jerusalem. 'How did that happen?' I asked, but no-one answered. Next thing I knew, a Jewish mod appeared on my right and a Christian mob appeared on my left and both mobs bore the countenance of people in the mood for cutting off heads and they were all looking at me. 'Get me outta here!' I ordered the buraq. 'Whereto, Master?' asked the buraq. 'As far as the eye can see!' I shouted.
         Next thing I knew, I was whizzing past Jesus and Moses and Noah and a whole lot of other really freakish-looking dudes and only when a seriously massive big toe barred our way did the buraq stop. Then a voice in my head said, 'Wherefore doth thou intrude upon the toe of Allah?' Believe me, I high-tailed it out of there so fast, I mean, the desert is full of stories about what that guy can do to you. But that buraq saved me. In a flash I was back in my bed and the buraq made its own way to the stable (the feature that really hooked me). I swear if I had a Qur'an I'd swear on it: this really did happen."

So there you have it, valued customer, the exact words of Muhammad as spoken to us without a single letter altered. Since then it's been confirmed time and time again that if you want to reach for the sky, there's only one place to reach out to. It's Buraq Rentals Inc. BURAQ RENTALS INC for all your celestial travel requirements. Call us now on +966 12 716 007 or visit our website at www.burqrentalsinc.sa or better still, call in at our air conditioned offices at The Kaaba, Mecca, Saudi Arabia, and enjoy a glass of our very own spiritually-uplifting mineral water, sourced right here on the premises, and cheerily served to you by the buxom lady with the amazing black hair.

New general blog, Autonomous Individual, under construction at Freethought Blogs to be launched soon with posts on Pedagogy, Religion, Cities and Marriage Equality. http://freethoughtblogs.com/anjuli
     Reply #7 - March 09, 2016, 04:29 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #8 - March 09, 2016, 07:06 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ha! Luthiel comes and laughs at yeezevee's horsie Buraqi picture and head of that  Buraqa Rental  company... and I am mad  finmad..

what is that thing Luthiel? head of that  Buraqa Rental  company. posting wrong names and wrong stories..lies... PLEASE DO NOT BELIEVE what Buraqa Rental  company. heads says., he is not even offering/renting  Buraq horsies for people., He is trying to cheat using that heavenly horsie name and ..See this..what that manager says
    -------------
    Dear Valued Customer,

......Here's what the customer who had hired that model, Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul Muttalib, a fine Meccan gentleman of the merchant class, had to say,

Who was that guy "Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul Muttalib??"  He was not and he is not  model for mankind., he  was not that good looking broad shoulder guy who had strength of some 13 horses to satisfy 13 wives in one night..

That model name was "Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim" ., by the way that Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim is nothing to do with Islam and nothing to do with Prophet Muhammad of Islam that I see in Quran.

well before I read more of that post let me read this the islamicworkplace.com

Urwa reported on the authority of his father:

‘Aisha said: "O my nephew, the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bdid not prefer one of us to other in respect of his division of time of his staying with us. It was very rare that he did not visit any of us any day. He would come near each of his wives without having any intercourse with her until he reached the one who had her day (i.e. her turn) and passed his night with her...."

(Sunan Abū Dawūd Hadīth 2135. Albāni classified it as Hasan Sahih)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHvxiQbQ37I

great..

Reply #9 - March 10, 2016, 05:35 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #10 - March 11, 2016, 08:52 AM

Ha! Luthiel comes and laughs at yeezevee's horsie Buraqi picture and head of that  Buraqa Rental  company... and I am mad  finmad..

what is that thing Luthiel? head of that  Buraqa Rental  company. posting wrong names and wrong stories..lies... PLEASE DO NOT BELIEVE what Buraqa Rental  company. heads says., he is not even offering/renting  Buraq horsies for people., He is trying to cheat using that heavenly horsie name and ..See this..what that manager says
    Who was that guy "Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul Muttalib??"  He was not and he is not  model for mankind., he  was not that good looking broad shoulder guy who had strength of some 13 horses to satisfy 13 wives in one night..

That model name was "Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim" ., by the way that Abū al-Qāsim Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim is nothing to do with Islam and nothing to do with Prophet Muhammad of Islam that I see in Quran.

well before I read more of that post let me read this the islamicworkplace.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHvxiQbQ37I

great..

Buraq Rentals Inc.                19 Jumada al-Awwal 1437.

Dear Yeezevee,

We have received you complaint, Ref. no. 000000000001 (please quote this reference number is all related correspondence).

Firstly, allow me to thank you for being the first to put something in our complaints file. The reason for our late response is because we had to first find and then study our complaints procedure, before we could respond, part of the problem being that it was written in Arabic of 1437 years ago, making it virtually impossible to be certain of its meaning. We should have updated it 200 years later, when Arabic finally became a language with proper writing. We believe that may be why Mr Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul Muttalib wished that he had a Qur'an.

Your complaint concerns the veracity of some of the information in our last letter. Allow me to deal with the points one by one, insha Allah:

• Concerning Mr Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul Muttalib's true identity, we are unable to confirm anything beyond the testimony of the half-witness (his wife) who was present at the signing of the contract. We are satisfied with the identity he has provided us.
    • Concerning Mr Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul Muttalib's strength and virility, we consider it inappropriate and unprofessional for us to speculate on such matters.
    • As to your description of Mr Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul Muttalib as "not a model for mankind," we are unable to comment. Suffice it to say that to the extent that Buraq Rentals Inc has had dealings with him, he struck us as a man of integrity who, although he had to make a crescent for his signature, nevertheless paid for the hire up front and in full, and returned the buraq on time, fully fed and without a scratch. There was no evidence that he had had sex with her.
    • As to your point that Mr Muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abdul Muttalib is not the gentleman you claim to read about in the Qur'an, we can well believe that. Buraq Rentals Inc made no claims to that effect.

It is unfortunate that you seem to find it necessary to slander one of our good customers. We wish to make it clear that any future attempts to do the same or similar, will be disregarded by our company and may result in charges being brought before the mutawwiʿ. When we say we value our customers, we mean it. This policy has not and never will be abrogated.

Buraq Rentals Inc considers this matter closed.

(signed) The buxom lady with the amazing hair
    for Buraq Rentals Inc

Reply #11 - March 11, 2016, 01:17 PM

Cheesy Great response Buraq !
     Reply #12 - March 11, 2016, 02:58 PM

There was no evidence that he had had sex with her.

I lost it here.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #13 - March 11, 2016, 03:50 PM

One of the better responses to yeezevee.
     Reply #14 - March 11, 2016, 04:44 PM

Yeah... has yeezevee met a worthy opponent at last! Smiley   He usually confounds everyone with his elliptical, oblique posts  ...  which contain food for thought....  though one has to dig for it and never be sure about it  grin12
     Reply #15 - March 12, 2016, 03:05 AM

I lost it here.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Men have a sexual carte blanche over women, including rape. Only when they do it with animals might their character be drawn into question.

Reply #16 - March 12, 2016, 03:06 AM

Thank you, zeca.

Reply #17 - March 12, 2016, 04:19 PM

Just to make it clear, I enjoy Yeezevee's posts and always click to see his views.   I also enjoyed BuraqRental's humorous response.   The more interesting views and writing styles, the better.   

I wish I could express myself as well as some of the folk here.
     Reply #18 - March 12, 2016, 05:22 PM

Yeah... has yeezevee met a worthy opponent at last! Smiley  ...............  grin12

NO..........WAY guys., I just have a damn problem with PC and chrome.and other whole lot of other problems., BuraqRental is goooood., very good., but watch me I will   cover the burqa on  BuraqRentalsInc so s/he will not even see what is happening and how it is happening.,  but I still have problem to figure out whether the manger of BuraqRentalsInc  is he or she.,  that will change the game I play,,  Cheesy Cheesy.. and If it is "He" if I can not cover burqa on him sure I will call happymurtad to write some surah Buraq..  Cheesy

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #19 - March 12, 2016, 05:41 PM

Looking forward to it  Smiley

btw BuraqRental's Intro implies BR is a 'she' ...  unless he is a 'he' and misdirecting, which I doubt.

Reply #20 - March 13, 2016, 01:22 AM

Looking forward to it  Smiley

btw BuraqRental's Intro implies BR is a 'she' ...  unless he is a 'he' and misdirecting, which I doubt.

really???  well  I must read that  post and  if BuraqRental' is "she"., then the  way she is writing she will put burqa on me., She has so much talent sure she will be another Ishina of CEMB..  Well let me probe more..

Reply #21 - March 13, 2016, 06:18 AM

NO..........WAY guys ...I just have a damn problem ...and other whole lot of other problems. [Nevertheless] watch me [as I turn] burqa [into] Buraq
    with best wishes

burqa > Buraq. Nice anagram. Good start. Masha-Allah. I'd be the first to acknowledge that this feat is achieved despite "...I just have a damn problem ...and other whole lot of other problems." However, such candour, followed by "watch me", rather recalls a famous Monte Python sketch, and that does take the shine off things a bit.

But BuraqRentalsInc, in recognition of the "best wishes" graciously extended, hereby offer yeezevee a one-week free rental of the buraq that made us a household name in this world and the next, insurance and hay included. Simply make your reservation online at www.buraqrentalsInc.sa, quoting the promotion code "IQRA'1437" (case sensitive). This offer can be redeemed at any time up to 48 hours before Yawm al-Qiyamah. I very much look forward to meeting you, insha-Allah.

(signed) The buxom lady with the amazing black hair
    for Buraq Rentals Inc.

PS. What is a burqa?
    PPS. "Probing" or otherwise improperly interfering with any of our buraqs will lead to prosecution.

Reply #22 - March 13, 2016, 11:48 AM

PS. What is a burqa?
    PPS. "Probing" or otherwise improperly interfering with any of our buraqs will lead to prosecution.

Cheesy   ..PS and PPS....

Any one who says PPS to PS will know what is in PS  So BuraqRentalsInc  I can assure you that you do better business and will have more customers  with BurqaRentalsInc  instead of BuraqRentalsInc ..

http://www.buraq.aero/images/map.gif

that used to be good rout to fly in and around middle east., I wonder whether this Buraq Airlines is still in business?   ..

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »