Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Why did god made more than one religion ?

(Read 5588 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Why did god made more than one religion ?
     OP - February 29, 2016, 09:33 PM

I googled this question, found several articles and videos(by muslim scholars ) and found this answer given by a muslim convert .
    I searched answer for this question and found this answer from quora

"No religion before islam was flawed. People are, and they practice something they have altered themselves. I did mean their "religion" as it is practiced. In the Qur'an we are warned against "innovations" in our religious practice. "

Thoughts ??

Reply #1 - February 29, 2016, 09:41 PM

God is a concept.
     Reply #2 - March 01, 2016, 09:43 AM

If you reframe the question to be not "why did God create different religions" and instead frame it as "why did different religions differentiate from each other and from their origins", then the answer becomes slightly less mystifying.

The "original" Jewish texts, in terms of their narrative--not in terms of when they were actually written--are the books of the Torah (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). These books are attributed to Moses (although that doesn't make much sense because most of it isn't from his point of view and some of it is after his death). They were actually written sometime around the reign of Cyrus the Great of Persia. There are two leading theories on who wrote them: one is that they were written by people who were the ruling classes, who, having been deposed some years prior by the Persians, took advantage of Cyrus' offer of religious independence for religions that adhered to certain guidelines, and the other theory is that the texts were actually written in Persia and brought to Palestine by the Persians, and were "reintroduced" as the original religion of the locals, despite their ancestors never having practiced it. I personally lean towards the first theory being more accurate, however, whoever wrote the texts definitely had access to Persian and Babylonian texts that had been written in the few centuries prior to this, because they definitely included huge chunks of those texts.

Christianity is best seen as a reactionary response to the long Roman occupation, a growing despair among the locals (especially among the local noblemen and priestly classes--the average "Jew" didn't seem to care that much about Judaism) that they would never have self-governance, and to the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD.

Then Islam came as a sort of outshoot of heresies in Christendom leading to the expulsion of certain sects by the Roman Empire, and the general weakening of the Empire due to various factors that led to systemic weakness that could be exploited by the Arabian tribes to enrich their own people with little difficulty.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #3 - April 07, 2016, 11:43 PM

God didn't make all of the religions which are followed today. As a Muslim, I believe that Islam was here since the beginning. Many say that Islam was created by the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.), but we Muslims believe that Muhammad was the last Prophet - not the first. The Qur'an, [3:67] says: ''ABRAHAM was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a MUSLIM [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists.''  We find similar verses in 2:132, 12:101, 2:133, 3:52, 5:111 and many more. Funnily enough, (if I may add) Christianity itself was said by many Rabbi's, (for example) Ben Abrahamson to have been an heretical sect which arose from Judaism. But, Rabbi Ben Abrahamson also holds the thought that Islam might be the religion from the beginning. He calls it, ''the religion of Adam himself'' because the terms: Muslims, Salamays, Mushlams, Mushlems and Mushlimana are the believers' original title in the Hebrew and Aramaic scriptures, (the Bible).

Ahl as-sunnah wal-jamāʻah and following the way of the Salaf. - nope, not anymore.
     Reply #4 - April 08, 2016, 10:54 AM

A Muslim  throws some selective Quran verses in to his post and  I am not certain that he is reading Quran properly
    God didn't make all of the religions which are followed today. As a Muslim, I believe that Islam was here since the beginning. Many say that Islam was created by the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.), but we Muslims believe that Muhammad was the last Prophet - not the first. The Qur'an, [3:67] says: ''ABRAHAM was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a MUSLIM [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists.''  We find similar verses in 2:132, 12:101, 2:133, 3:52, 5:111 and many more.

Hello A Muslim ., Glad to read your posts., CEMB forum has fair number of Muslims.. such as "A Muslim, The Muslim, Agnostic Muslim, Atheistic Muslim ..  etc.. etc Muslim "  So I often wonder how many of them are REAL Muslims.,  Anyways ., I like reading Quran so let me read the verses you selected in your post..

003.067 :  Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian but he was (an) upright (man), a Muslim, and he was not one of the polytheists.

002.132: And the same did Ibrahim enjoin on his sons and (so did) Yaqoub. O my sons! surely Allah has chosen for you (this) faith, therefore die not unless you are Muslims.

012.101: My Lord! Thou hast given me of the kingdom and taught me of the interpretation of sayings: Originator of the heavens and the earth! Thou art my guardian in this world and the hereafter; make me die a muslim and join me with the good.

002.133 : Nay! were you witnesses when death visited Yaqoub, when he said to his sons: What will you serve after me? They said: We will serve your god and the god of your fathers, Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq, one Allah only, and to Him do we submit.

003.052: But when Isa perceived unbelief on their part, he said Who will be my helpers in Allah's way? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the way) of Allah: We believe in Allah and bear witness that we are submitting ones.

005.111: And when I revealed to the disciples, saying, Believe in Me and My messenger, they said: We believe and bear witness that we submit (ourselves).

that is what those verses say.,   Quran is a funny book., If choose and pick verses here and there from different chapters  it sounds as if you are trying to brain wash the readers or your disciples.,But if you read some 5 verses below and above the the verse of your interest it tells you different story.

any ways your post with pick and choose verses does send a message to the readers
    Funnily enough, (if I may add) Christianity itself was said by many Rabbi's, (for example) Ben Abrahamson to have been an heretical sect which arose from Judaism. But, Rabbi Ben Abrahamson also holds the thought that Islam might be the religion from the beginning. He calls it, ''the religion of Adam himself'' because the terms: Muslims, Salamays, Mushlams, Mushlems and Mushlimana are the believers' original title in the Hebrew and Aramaic scriptures, (the Bible).

Hmm.,   that is funny., So Islam started way before the birth of alleged Prophet of Islam "Muhammad"??

Now I wonder about all that biology., chemistry., Physics I read  in My school  and I wonder about Prophets and revelations before Abraham.  Hell.,  Why start with Abraham?   we should think about revelations and prophets even before Adam and Eve..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzmZjO1RDOQ

Errrr., you stupid  yeeze..., why I think about  all that Junk??  Just read the Quran you fool .,  Allah., Prophet and revelations is good enough in this 21st century..

and My good wishes to you A Muslim

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #5 - April 08, 2016, 03:26 PM

Ben Abrahamson to have been an heretical sect which arose from Judaism. But, Rabbi Ben Abrahamson also holds the thought that Islam might be the religion from the beginning. He calls it, ''the religion of Adam himself'' because the terms: Muslims, Salamays, Mushlams, Mushlems and Mushlimana are the believers' original title in the Hebrew and Aramaic scriptures, (the Bible).

He was not talking about Mohammad Islam but the idea of monotheism that exists before Judaism, namely Bnei Noach.  Bnei Noach is seen as Islam not Mohammad's Islam. He is trying to show the similarities, shared values, etc between Judaism, Islam and Bnei Noach rather than what you thought and posted here.
     Reply #6 - April 08, 2016, 08:44 PM

He was not talking about Mohammad Islam but the idea of monotheism that exists before Judaism, namely Bnei Noach.  Bnei Noach is seen as Islam not Mohammad's Islam. He is trying to show the similarities, shared values, etc between Judaism, Islam and Bnei Noach rather than what you thought and posted here.

what you are talking about bogart??  don't you know Islam started by Adam, Eve.. Abraham  and even before that??   I guess you haven't read/heard anything about Islam and its Origin..  So let me throw some links for you here and  I am sure  CEMB forum new  member "A Muslim"  will clear all of your doubts on Origins of Islam..

Islam before Muhammad(PBUH) from Islamic civilization .com

Kaba built by Prophet Abraham (pbuh)

Jesus ,Abraham,Moses were all muslims
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izmTy6r0kcI

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #7 - April 09, 2016, 05:55 PM

Why start with Abraham?   we should think about revelations and prophets even before Adam and Eve..

May peace be upon upon you. Firstly, I have no idea what you mean by saying, ''Why start with Abraham''. Please clarify. Secondly, there are no prophets before Adam and Eve/Hawwa (peace be upon them both).

Ahl as-sunnah wal-jamāʻah and following the way of the Salaf. - nope, not anymore.
     Reply #8 - April 09, 2016, 05:58 PM

What is, ''Mohammad Islam''? Did Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) follow, ''Mohammad Islam''? LOL!

Reply #9 - April 09, 2016, 06:11 PM

May peace be upon upon you yeezevee. Firstly, I have no idea what you mean by saying, ''Why start with Abraham''. Please clarify. Secondly, there are no prophets before Adam and Eve/Hawwa (peace be upon them both). Can I also ask, what interpretations of the verses are you using? Look at mine:

The Qur'an, [3:67] says: ''ABRAHAM was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one INCLINING TOWARD TRUTH, a MUSLIM [submitting to Allah]. And he was not of the polytheists.''

The Qur'an, [2:132] says: And ABRAHAM instructed his sons [to do the same] and [so did] Jacob, [saying], "O my sons, indeed Allah has chosen for you THIS RELIGION, so do not die except while you are MUSLIMS."

The Qur'an, [12:101] says: My Lord, You have given me [something] of sovereignty and taught me of the interpretation of dreams. Creator of the heavens and earth, You are my protector in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die a MUSLIM and join me with the righteous."

The Qur'an, [2:133] says: Or were you witnesses when death approached JACOB, when he said to his sons, "What will you worship after me?" They said, "We will worship your God and the God of your fathers, ABRAHAM and ISHMAEL and ISAAC - one God. And we are MUSLIMS [in submission] to Him."

The Qur'an, [3:52] says: But when JESUS felt [persistence in] disbelief from them, he said, "Who are my supporters for [the cause of] Allah?" The DISCIPLES said," We are supporters for Allah. We have believed in Allah and testify that we are MUSLIMS [submitting to Him].

The Qur'an, [5:111] says: And [remember] when I inspired to the DISCIPLES, "Believe in Me and in My messenger Jesus." They said, "We have believed, so bear witness that indeed we are MUSLIMS [in submission to Allah]."

Edit: Here is the death blow for you sir, (towards your nonsense about: ''Why start with Abraham?'')...

The Qur'an, [22:78] says: ''And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him. He has chosen you and has not placed upon you in the religion any difficulty. [It is] THE RELIGION OF YOUR FATHER, ABRAHAM. Allah named you "MUSLIMS" BEFORE [in former scriptures] and in this [revelation] that the Messenger may be a witness over you and you may be witnesses over the people. So establish prayer and give zakah and hold fast to Allah. He is your protector; and excellent is the protector, and excellent is the helper.''

Reply #10 - April 10, 2016, 10:22 PM

what you are talking about bogart??  don't you know Islam started by Adam, Eve.. Abraham  and even before that??   I guess you haven't read/heard anything about Islam and its Origin..  So let me throw some links for you here and  I am sure  CEMB forum new  member "A Muslim"  will clear all of your doubts on Origins of Islam..

Islam before Muhammad(PBUH) from Islamic civilization .com

Kaba built by Prophet Abraham (pbuh)

Jesus ,Abraham,Moses were all muslims
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izmTy6r0kcI

Irrelevant claims does not make facts. A follower of Judaism would not say Islam (the religion) is the first religion (Islamic ideology Muslims follow). It is distortion of his views, nothing more. 
     Reply #11 - April 10, 2016, 10:29 PM

What is, ''Mohammad Islam''? Did Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) follow, ''Mohammad Islam''? LOL!

The quote you referenced is not acknowledging Islam as the first religion nor the religion of Moses. You have injected your ideology into your quote. A follower of Judaism does not accept your religious ideology's claims. You rebuttal is nonsense as either you do not understand that outside your faith Islam is a religion created by Mohammad not the original religion of the Hebrews, which was in fact polytheist with monotheism evolved later from it's polytheist origins. Yahweh, El, are polytheist Gods.

Islam= A religion created by Mohammad
    Islam (ideology)= Islam is the original religion of Abraham.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »