Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Self-Invention of Maajid Nawaz

(Read 53050 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Self-Invention of Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #210 - July 05, 2018, 12:52 AM

I've found Maajid's smugness of late really irritating. What I've always wanted to know is how many people did this fucker brainwash when he travelled half way across the world, from Europe to Pakistan, to preach about a theocratic caliphate? I wonder what some of them went on to do after being taken in by Maajid and his crew?

So he comes back to Britain with a cute anecdote about sitting in a prison cell reading up books on human rights and is welcomed with open arms by liberal intellectuals and policymakers in the hope that he can be a loud voice in the fighting against Islamic extremism. There's a lot I agree with him regarding liberalism but I still find his increasing smugness nauseating when it seems like he's forgotten where he was in his life. When he's 'taking down' conservative or fundamentalist Muslims on his radio show or on Twitter, I mean say what you want about these guys and their backward views but how many of them made concerted efforts to travel abroad preaching theocracy to goodness knows how many people like Maajid? For one, I can see why most Muslims on this level don't care to listen to Maajid Nawaz.
     Reply #211 - April 09, 2021, 07:45 PM

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/uk-quilliam-foundation-controversial-counter-extremist-closes
    British "counter-extremist" organisation Quilliam has announced that it is closing down, citing financial hardship.

In a statement on Twitter, co-founder Maajid Nawaz said the closure had been finalised on Friday.

"Due to the hardship of maintaining a non-profit during Covid lockdowns, we took the tough decision to close Quilliam down for good. This was finalised today,"

Reply #212 - April 09, 2021, 08:07 PM

oh well, thanks for the memories.

https://mobile.twitter.com/miqdaad/status/1380533422628741120
     Reply #213 - April 10, 2021, 11:22 PM

this caught my eye. not such bad idea, we need more strip clubs, less mosques.

Quote from:
    The Tory government is clearly trolling the Muslim community. First it appointmented Sara Khan as extremism tsar, and now William Shawcross as independent reviewer of Prevent. What next? Maajid Nawaz as Chief Mufti of Britain?

https://mobile.twitter.com/RmSalih/status/1354418607623692289
     Reply #214 - April 16, 2021, 09:49 PM

whilst many dance on the grave, a lone mourner delivers a familiar eulogy full of conspicuous praise and half truths.

Quote from:
    I was there in 2007 when Quilliam started. Like a lot of other people, I had spent some years wondering precisely where the reforming Muslims — even the ‘moderate Muslims’ — actually were. After 9/11, 7/7, the Danish cartoons and much more, our country was still going through the early-learning stages regarding Islam. Every time a terrorist attack happened we were assured that Islam was a religion of peace. But when some prominent Muslim organisation was brought forth to reassure us, all too often they tended to be nutters themselves.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/what-the-demise-of-quilliam-teaches-us-about-britain-and-Islam
     Reply #215 - April 17, 2021, 07:32 PM

Maajid will be probably off to GB News too, he'll be alright.
     Reply #216 - May 08, 2022, 11:35 PM

I wonder what Maajid is up to these days:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xlj9u5uUg8&t=14s

Ah...

#SolidarityWithImranKhan!
    #Building7 (Delingpole)
    #AlexJonesIsRightAboutEverything!

Man, I miss the days when people looked to Christopher Hitchens for a 'contrarian' hero. This is shit in comparison.

Reply #217 - May 12, 2022, 07:26 AM

Maajid will be probably off to GB News too, he'll be alright.

maybe talktv - they’ll take anyone!
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8« Previous thread | Next thread »