Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Self-Invention of Maajid Nawaz

(Read 53025 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Self-Invention of Maajid Nawaz
     Reply #180 - March 13, 2016, 06:03 PM

let me repeat thatSo lua got a PC and turned in to PC??   That is not good and on top of that she is  ecstatic with PC??   I don't like it and sure many guys who read her will hate that PC... well moderators have to be  PCs., it is not her fault.

Cheesy

yeez, never change.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #181 - March 13, 2016, 06:21 PM

Cheesy

asbie STOOOOOOOOP..stop laughing at me   finmad .  Let this be punishment for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01sBefReZos

learn from her .."Malala Yousafzai"  bloody traitor.

..... MashAllah ....beeeeeeautifull siisssster..... brothers will love it..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #182 - March 13, 2016, 07:00 PM

asbie STOOOOOOOOP..stop laughing at me   finmad .  Let this be punishment for you

Well it's not quite a lightsaber, but the youtube like bar would belie your claim.  Tongue

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #183 - March 13, 2016, 08:38 PM

Jesus!!!
     Reply #184 - March 13, 2016, 08:40 PM

I finally have a PC again with a working keyboard and I'm ecstatic and inspired to finally reply to all the stuff I didn't reply to last month, so at the risk of reviving this thing, I'm gonna do it. Grin

Well I'm happy for you, but very unhappy for me   lipsrsealed
     Reply #185 - March 13, 2016, 08:45 PM

I submit, asbie, that was a good one, and I forgot to reply to my questions...

Aw, don't want to be my sparring partner anymore, nbhb?   Grin
     Reply #186 - March 13, 2016, 08:47 PM

So Amriki girl  whom are you voting?

I'm young and always on reddit so probably Sanders. Grin
     Reply #187 - March 13, 2016, 08:54 PM

Woot Feel the Bern !!

If I was I lived in the U.S. I'd be volunteering for his campaign and would wear nothing but Bernie t shirts until the election was over.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #188 - March 13, 2016, 09:05 PM

Aw, don't want to be my sparring partner anymore, nbhb?   Grin

grin12
     Reply #189 - June 09, 2018, 07:41 PM

Maajid Nawaz’s shoes clack against the hardwood floor as he ambles up and down the center aisle of the Oxford Union’s hallowed debating chamber. It’s January 2013 and the British activist, sporting a slick black tuxedo and a gelled coiffure, urges the House to accept the motion that the American Dream is a noble ethos to which all people should aspire.

The self-described former “radical” joined the group’s British chapter when he was 16. It was during his four-year stint in the bowels of an Egyptian prison last decade, he says, that he began to reject the dogma of religious extremism that landed him there, and came to embrace the values of liberalism that now define his public profile.

Today, instead of supporting the cause of Quran-thumping diehards, he’s ingratiated himself in the growing union of neoconservatives and hawkish liberals who believe in Western exceptionalism and the efficacy of power, especially military power, to expand its influence and protect its interests. He has found in them an opportunity to expand his platform, and they, in him, a veneer that deflects accusations of Islamophobia and Western triumphalism by fixating not on Islam per se but on the alleged threat posed by its foreign “ism” affix: Islamism.

https://newrepublic.com/article/128436/maajid-nawaz-really-believe

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #190 - June 09, 2018, 08:01 PM

sure  Mr.  Nathan Lean......    that  Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz al Saud  funds did a  good job at that George Town University of  AMRIKA

Reply #191 - June 09, 2018, 10:12 PM

How exactly has Maajid "ingratiated himself in the growing union of neoconservatives and hawkish liberals who believe in Western exceptionalism and the efficacy of power, especially military power, to expand its influence and protect its interests"?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #192 - June 10, 2018, 02:45 PM

Reply #193 - June 12, 2018, 12:25 AM

^ Does the CEMB have any affiliation with Maajid?

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #194 - June 12, 2018, 10:59 AM

I suspect his politics and those of CEMB (the organisation) don't mesh together that well in general, so I'd be very surprised if that were the case.
     Reply #195 - June 12, 2018, 02:43 PM

That's a fuckin' relief.

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #196 - June 14, 2018, 09:39 AM

What a sincere fellow he is.

Reply #197 - June 20, 2018, 02:45 AM

'About 60 Organizations' Are Considering a Lawsuit Against the SPLC Following $3M Nawaz Settlement

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #198 - June 20, 2018, 03:00 PM

What a sincere fellow he is.

(Clicky for piccy!)

What's wrong with the tweet? If I were a muslim I wouldn't want Tommy fans going on a rampage against anyone in a hijab or a thobe in a misguided revenge for a prison attack. It's not exactly far fetched to think this may happen if Tommy comes to harm.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #199 - June 20, 2018, 08:59 PM

As if they ever needed that excuse.

What non-chimaeric high ground do you think is being held here?
     Reply #200 - June 22, 2018, 03:52 AM

Still not sure why that tweet paints Majjad in a bad light. Like him, I don't want any innocent muslims walking down the street to suffer a revenge attack. Also I don't know what non-chimaeric means. I know what it means in the medical sense of organisms/organs. but I assume you're using it in a different context.

Reply #201 - June 22, 2018, 10:12 AM

A chimaera is an highly implausible thing; displays of highly performative sincerity bring it to mind.

To digress: the term came from a beast of Greek myth. The biological meaning describes where different parts of a body have DNA from genetically distinct organisms; the OG chimaera was part lion, part goat and part snake.
     Reply #202 - June 22, 2018, 12:09 PM

Okay. So assuming that you don't disagree with Maajid's worry about revenge attacks or his sentiments that most Brit muslims aren't violent, what's wrong with his tweet? Do you view it as some sort of justification? Or that he's just weighing the crowd and giving his responses based on that?

Reply #203 - June 22, 2018, 05:08 PM

I doubt very much that Maajid Nawaz worries about anything beyond whatever reflects well on Maajid Nawaz to the right audiences.

That British Muslims aren't generally in them must be some sort of happy coincidence, I guess.
     Reply #204 - June 23, 2018, 01:03 PM

Hi toor I am really curious  about that picture you have  .. who is that guy??  is it young Lenin?  or one of  these  guys??

Guy..1  or Guy..2

I am really curious on your picture ..  really good looking ........

well this is a good debate to start a  self analysis

Quote from: Quod Sum Eris   says something Majid  link=topic=29767.msg877790#msg877790 date=1529669381
    Okay. So assuming that you don't disagree with Maajid's worry about revenge attacks or his sentiments that most Brit muslims aren't violent, what's wrong with his tweet? Do you view it as some sort of justification? Or that he's just weighing the crowd and giving his responses based on that?

1).  I doubt very much that Maajid Nawaz worries about anything beyond whatever reflects well on Maajid Nawaz to the right audiences.

2).  "That British Muslims aren't generally in them"   must be some sort of happy coincidence, I guess.

Hi toor .. just curious on those highlighted words ...

Would it be better for that guy politically.,    if  he  said   "That British Muslims aren't generally in them"    .. without that word "Generally"??   ..

now the first point.,  I wonder you give specific reasons  for accusing  and doubting  Maajid Nawaz....  Is that because he became close to that American guy  Sam Harris? ..

And..and  we must realize this statement of yours  
     I doubt very much that Maajid Nawaz worries about anything beyond whatever reflects well on Maajid Nawaz to the right audiences.

one way or other way fits to  everyone of us with-in certain limits  put by that  "simple rule.".

for e,g I can say....

I doubt very much that yeezevee worries about anything beyond whatever reflects well on yeezevee to the right audiences.

or ... I doubt very much that toor worries about anything beyond whatever reflects well on toor to the right audiences.

or ...  I doubt very much that Quod Sum Eris worries about anything beyond whatever reflects well on Quod Sum Eris to the right audiences.

I mean we are NOT going to play the game all the time through out our lives   with Wrong Audience /wrong crowd..  Can we ??

I am sure you read QSE posts/opinions and   mine on this forum for a long time...    So here is the question for you  on Maajid Nawaz... you ....me ...and... QSE..  using that Horseshoe Political Theory ..

Proponents of Horseshoe Theory argue that the extreme left and the extreme right are closer to each other than either is to the political center  .. and expanding that a bit to this

So in that spectrum of  2nd picture ...  where do you attach  Maajid Nawaz??... and where do you attach yourself??  .... where do you attach me??...and... where do you attach QSE??

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #205 - June 23, 2018, 01:57 PM

I don't subscribe to horseshoe theory, and your second diagram is a conceptual mess.

Also, my avatar photo is of Mirsaid Sultan-Galiev, whose story I find fascinating.
     Reply #206 - June 23, 2018, 03:05 PM

I don't subscribe to horseshoe theory, and your second diagram is a conceptual mess.

Well when you peel onions  each layer has different amount of chemical  that gives you more and more tears ..

.....but if you don't believe or subscribe to that  horseshoe theory,.. how do we describe the past or present political theories or the concepts of human ruling systems for the past 400 years or so ? and ideally in your view what kind of political system would you think  be better for this 21st century??  and  what do you think  people like Maajid  Nawaz should do  as he is interested in British Politics ..

and I guess  you don't like  respond to  this..

........................................... .. just curious on those highlighted words ...

Would it be better for that guy politically.,    if  he  said   "That British Muslims aren't generally in them"    .. without that word "Generally"??   ..

now the first point.,  I wonder whether you can give specific reasons  for accusing  and doubting  Maajid Nawaz....  Is that because he became close to that American guy  Sam Harris? ..

Also, my avatar photo is of Mirsaid Sultan-Galiev, whose story I find fascinating.

Oh that guy.. I only know his Old pictures  before his  execution  in 1940  ... was a great person great Bolshevik..... great guy ....  far ahead of his times.. That is the life story of ideal person..

with best regards
    yeezevee

Reply #207 - June 23, 2018, 05:49 PM

That British Muslims aren't generally in them must be some sort of happy coincidence, I guess.

I feel the same about Imam Tawhidi. Who is he the imam of?

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #208 - June 23, 2018, 09:45 PM

I've always preferred Imam Bayildi myself.

.....but if you don't believe or subscribe to that  horseshoe theory,.. how do we describe the past or present political theories or the concepts of human ruling systems for the past 400 years or so ?

Notions of left and right predate 'horseshoe theory', a concept seemingly designed to at once exculpate and flatter the self-declared centrist.

As for Maajid Nawaz, what he chooses to do has clearly always been up to him.
     Reply #209 - June 23, 2018, 10:22 PM

I've always preferred Imam Bayildi myself.

Grin

- Robert Louis Stevenson
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »