Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Leaving Islam prank

(Read 2131 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Leaving Islam prank
     OP - January 24, 2016, 09:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8452P_kBvSs

"we stand firm calling to allah all the time,
    we let them know - bang! bang! - coz it's dawah time!"
  • Leaving Islam prank
     Reply #1 - January 24, 2016, 09:54 PM

It would be interesting as a social experiment, but pretty weird as a prank.

Also, maybe a little belittling for the real reasons people leave Islam (it's not mainly media or public perception), but that part was more implicit.

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
  • Leaving Islam prank
     Reply #2 - January 24, 2016, 10:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aycQ9cii-bw

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
  • Leaving Islam prank
     Reply #3 - January 24, 2016, 11:38 PM

It would be interesting as a social experiment, but pretty weird as a prank.

Also, maybe a little belittling for the real reasons people leave Islam (it's not mainly media or public perception), but that part was more implicit.

I didn't know what to think about it at first.

I had the same thought as well. Leaving Islam is a pretty big deal, since you could face ostracisation, detainment, inprisonment or death throughout the world for it. Making a prank video about the subject could be seen as sort of trivialising it. The comments section seem to agree, a lot of commentors brought up the fact that you could be killed for apostasy in muslim societies.

then comes the friend's reaction. He was really really adamant that the guy shouldn't leave Islam. But strangely enough, I feel that his reaction was mild as to what I would expect a typical muslim reaction would be like, and i was sort of glad. At least, he didn't display any use of force, or gave out threats, worldly or otherworldly.

then there was that last part that he said, addressing the audience, that if you really believe in something, anything, then you should go at it regardless of what other people would say. So i felt that what he said was applicable to ex muslims as well.

"we stand firm calling to allah all the time,
    we let them know - bang! bang! - coz it's dawah time!"
  • Leaving Islam prank
     Reply #4 - January 27, 2016, 02:26 PM

What a load of shite.  Lame prank, and even lamer explanations for why he was going to leave Islam.  It does belittle the deeper reasons we leave, makes it sound like the only thing being cared about is the tarnished image of Islam.

I normally don't waste my time watching youtube videos of one stupid person trying to sound more intelligent than another stupid person.

I should have stuck to what I do normally lol.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Leaving Islam prank
     Reply #5 - January 28, 2016, 12:29 AM

what  would've been funny is if his friend had responded with 'yeah I've been thinking of leaving islam too'.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »