Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Secular Muslims

(Read 3360 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Secular Muslims
     OP - January 02, 2016, 09:22 PM

Hi there,
    I was wondering if people could help me as I am currently writing a book about religions moving forwards, now discussing which (if any) cultural aspects people from each religion would be happy to have continue.
    I have a number of examples for Christianity and Judaism but am unknowledgeable about Muslim cultural holidays/foods/traditions/ etc.

I have come across Ali A Rizvi saying that he still enjoys the Iftar feasts of Ramadan.
    I would greatly appreciate and love to hear from others as to any similar such cultural rituals that secular Muslims may be happy to enjoy and why.

Thanking You
    Peter
  • Secular Muslims
     Reply #1 - January 02, 2016, 11:35 PM

Hi  parrot

I enjoy Eid, Iftaars, certain verses of the Quran and can appreciate different Hijaab styles (I wouldn't want to wear them but they can look good on others).

To an extent I liked how there is a sense of community among Muslims. If I were to join an Islamic society in most cases I would be welcomed as a sister. Of course some people get annoying and preachy later on but that's a different matter Smiley

I'm not what you would call any sort of Muslim though.
  • Secular Muslims
     Reply #2 - January 03, 2016, 03:02 AM

I am currently writing a book about religions moving forwards,

I have a number of examples for Christianity and Judaism but am unknowledgeable about Muslim cultural holidays/foods/traditions/ etc.

The book might benefit from a couple of years of research, no?
  • Re: Secular Muslims
     Reply #3 - January 14, 2016, 05:17 AM

Hi there,
    I was wondering if people could help me as I am currently writing a book about religions moving forwards, now discussing which (if any) cultural aspects people from each religion would be happy to have continue.

I have come across Ali A Rizvi saying that he still enjoys the Iftar feasts of Ramadan.
    I would greatly appreciate and love to hear from others as to any similar such cultural rituals that secular Muslims may be happy to enjoy and why.

Thanking You
    Peter

• Secular Muslims
     Reply #4 - January 14, 2016, 11:46 AM

peter writing book  "petersbook"  and  repeats  his post  on  "Secular Muslims"....

Hi there,
    ...........I am currently writing a book about religions moving forwards,.............

I have come across Ali A Rizvi saying that he still enjoys the Iftar feasts of Ramadan...........

Hello Peter .. So you want to know "what is Secular Islam or who is secular Muslim?.. "

Well Ali Rizvi  says he is "Atheist Muslim"., Question is.,  Is he Atheist Muslim. or secular Muslim?  what is he?   How do we define these words like

Secular Muslim
    Atheist Muslim
    Agnostic Muslim
    RationalMuslim
    religious Muslim
    Shia Muslim
    Sunni Muslim
    Ahmadi Muslim
    Jihadi Muslim
    Mullah Muslim
    Imam Muslim ... on..and on...

If we mix with other religions as  sometimes people are born to  parents that come from different religions  then we can make more categories of Islam...

And I consider Myself as Zebra .. w.r.t the faith of my birth.. and . I consider myself as an  100% Atheist w.r.t all gods Starting Allah to Jesus to Dolls to Rocks to Good looking goddesses to Spaghetti monsters in Sky ..

But what I  believe in is Godliness .. In other words in actions.. I often refer this video to people And ask them to see the godliness  in it.. you too watch it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM

and also watch  this interview of Lindsey Stirling and her sister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCU25nd-bTU

and how people react  when she says she is "Mormon"  .. So please continue to read and write in to the forum..

and good luck with you book
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »