Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The ins and outs of being Muslim and ex-Muslim

(Read 2904 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The ins and outs of being Muslim and ex-Muslim
     OP - December 26, 2015, 08:58 AM

A great little piece by a newly 'out' Ex-Muslim writer:

Everything is structured. Formulaic. Crafted. Admittedly, religion helps to give a person a sense of purpose, hopefulness, security and stability. But the promise of a higher purpose stopped being alluring when I began to question almost all of it. I started to feel like a child with very little freedom; following rules by the carrot and stick.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #1 - December 26, 2015, 11:25 AM

A great little piece by a newly 'out' Ex-Muslim writer:

That is interesting., Jennine Khalik giving me an Idea.. and I am going to use that in real life..

My grandfather, Kassem, lay in bed partially paralysed. He didn’t know who I was. He didn’t remember anyone. I was scared to get too close or to touch him at first. I was worried that resting my hand on his arm could break him. He was tiny. Emaciated. Bones. Sunken-in cheeks. His eyes were wild. He made small sounds and cries. He looked afraid.

My heart shattered. My grandfather — the man who could run after me once upon a time. The man who could call out my name; who could talk to me over the phone and ask me about my day.

The whirring of a fan at his bedside filled the room — it filled my ears. I went to hold his scrawny hand and he grabbed my wrist, squeezing it aggressively. He didn’t let go. He cried out to eat, like a child. He was hungry.

I cried, .........

That is real life.. and that is squeezing heart heart with a wrench ...

Anyway .. I got an idea from her link "how to fill an official  form when it asks for religion".  1st of all that column should removed from all forums in all countries. THAT IS FUCKING BLASPHEMY TO HAVE THAT ..

So next time I am going to write on it .. "I WAS ZEBRA .. w,r,t religious brought up..followed ZEBRAISM for some time to satisfy near and dear .. Now I have NO FUCKING RELIGION..

So I am going to fill it as

Religion = ICU background now no more religion..  in short my religion  is going to be ICUBNNMR   Cheesy   .. She is good and I wish her the best

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - December 26, 2015, 05:16 PM

Jennine Khalik on twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/jennineak/status/680348219650387968
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »