Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Triple Talaq by accident.

(Read 8529 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Triple Talaq by accident.
     OP - December 14, 2015, 10:53 AM

In islam if a man says Talaq 3 times (even in anger), then they cant get back  until she marries someone else.

I always thought that the idea of having to marry a 2nd husband, and consumating the second marriage was a bit disgusting, if they wanted to remarry.

What is all that about? that idea must have come through some really sick mind.

I know at least 2 couples who this has happened to, and when they got together everyone says both their marriage and subsequent children are illegitimate, because she didnt get around to fucking someone in the time they were seperated.

Late Eid Mubarak, Where's my eidee present ?
     Reply #1 - December 14, 2015, 11:41 AM

Actually, it's not an uncommon ruling that extreme anger invalidates the divorce. Either way, yes, a bit ridiculous.
     Reply #2 - December 14, 2015, 12:13 PM

I was taught that it only counts as one time, even if the man says it three times.
     Reply #3 - December 14, 2015, 12:39 PM

In islam if a man says Talaq 3 times (even in anger), then they cant get back  until she marries someone else.

You know why that is dear apostate?

Actually, it's not an uncommon ruling that extreme anger invalidates the divorce. Either way, yes, a bit ridiculous.

A bit ridiculous??  

It is the MOST RIDICULOUS NONSENSE  that people in 21st century consider a word/a statement of  a book written/said  by some cave dwellers of some 1000 years back as word of allah/goo/god/whatever ...

It is nonsense., any fool who considers any statement in any book as word of god should be sent to highschool again and again until he gets some common sense in to his brain. Otherwise he should be in high school until he dies..

click the BABOON to see what he says in the news..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - December 14, 2015, 03:19 PM

I remember this one from taking notes in class.

If the man says Talaq 3 times in one sitting, meaning he says it 3 times in a row out of anger, then it counts as 1 Talaq.

But if throughout the marriage, he says it with an accumulated 3 times, then it's divorce and she must get with another man. Even if the man jokes about divorcing her, it counts. It's funny how the Islamic books don't mention of the process of marriage in this situation. They kind of gloss over the fact that she must consummate in another marriage before getting back.

Many Muslims don't even pay attention to this rule because it's so ridiculous and irrelevant in our times.

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
     Reply #5 - December 14, 2015, 03:41 PM

As I understand it, the “hikmah” behind it was to prevent a husband from willy-nilly talaqs for no good reason. As EMVG said, 3 times in one go would really only count as one talaq.

So, the reasoning goes, the husband would be forced to really consider what he’s doing and whether or not he truly wants his wife to be with someone else, because if he talaqs her one more time after that, he won’t be able to take her back unless she tries out life with another guy first.

So, another example of the Qur’an using a really horrible idea as a so-called “deterrent.”
     Reply #6 - December 14, 2015, 04:42 PM

Every time I came across these types of questions about whether or not the divorce counted, I secretly hoped the shaykh would answer bro, your wife ain't your wife anymore. I hated those men who did those things, but then I forgot about the wife. It's not like she would have it easy finding a new husband, especially if she already had kids (kids she would lose if she ever remarried). But then again, I had after years and years seeing and dealing (especially since I had become a "student of knowledge" a lot of sisters turned to when they had questions) become quite the cynic. Every marriage was the same for women, pretty much miserable, unless they either found a one of a kind prince or a one of a kind monster...

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #7 - December 14, 2015, 06:02 PM

I used to be sad when I heard stories of the moderate muslim marriage.. That you had to be rich and pay a $72,000 dowry.. Made me hopeless to get married.

And I used to be sad when I heard stories of the Salafi marriages.. Broken families. Made me repulsed to even try it.

I used to be sad overall that I couldn't find a common ground to get married through my muslim phases.. But now that I look back at it, I am glad I never pursued any Islamic marriage. I dodged a bullet.

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
     Reply #8 - December 14, 2015, 06:17 PM

It might just be my own personal bad experience, but to have a fulfilling and happy marriage (at least as a woman) is extremely hard as long as you insist on following the proper Islamic etiquette concerning married life. What I mean is, the hierarchical relationship between husband and wife, the restraining "roles" given to both (particularly women), and the overall kinda depressing way of life (living in the West while having to follow all Islamic rules and regulations without actually giving in and doing a little bit of haram here and there), is the perfect set up for people being unfulfilled and dissatisfied with life. I dunno, that's at least what I think and what I've experienced, Allahu alem, we are all different.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #9 - December 14, 2015, 06:34 PM

When the man has to let his beard grow in a marriage, it's terrible as well.

The typical job life for these guys was that they were unemployed because of the beard. As men in the community we all played a psychological game amongst each other called, "who's going to trim down the beard first?"

And as soon as a man trimmed his beard down to save his family's sake, he was labelled as a "sellout to the west."

And for the staunch arguers that said it was possible to have a long beard and have a great job was limited to IT computers, truck driving, halal butcher, or construction. Those were your options. Otherwise, they'd present to apply for welfare as an option. You were going to have to trim down the beard if God forbid you did something that you had a passion for.

The social structure for the Muslim man was terrible. Not to mention going to the conferences and abandoning your family "in order to seek knowledge."

Reply #10 - December 15, 2015, 05:37 AM

I thought that even after the third talaq, you stil have an iddah period. if the couple has sex during the iddah, then the talaq was nullified.

"we stand firm calling to allah all the time,
    we let them know - bang! bang! - coz it's dawah time!"
     Reply #11 - December 15, 2015, 07:29 AM

No, the third talaq is irrevocable. The iddah month after it is supposedly just to make sure the woman isn't pregnant (if she happens to get married right after her divorce, it might have raised questions whose child it is).

Reply #12 - May 20, 2017, 11:33 AM

The old man _  A.G. NOORANI from country of snake charmers   writes about Triple Talaq

...........Once he became prime minister, Narendra Modi made Muslim personal law embodied in the Sharia a target of his campaign. He picked on the one feature that many Muslims themselves were moving towards reforming because they saw it as contrary to religious injunctions— the triple talaq. His concern for Muslim women’s welfare was not very evident when, as Gujarat’s chief minister in 2002, they were raped and murdered on his watch. Now he and his henchmen are posing as their liberators.  ....

Last year, Modi said,
    “Getting Muslim women their rights as per the constitution is the responsibility of the government and society,” moaning, “what is the crime of my Muslim sisters when someone says talaq thrice over the phone and her life is destroyed? Shortly after, BJP president Amit Shah said that a uniform civil code will be “an agenda in the UP Assembly elections”.

Modi is exploiting an issue that Muslims are already looking into.

.............In 1897, the Privy Council made it clear that it preferred commentaries of doubtful accuracy to the Quranic text. It chose to rely on the dicta in the Hedaya, translated by Hamilton, and N.E. Baillie’s Digest of Muhammadan Law. Two of the greatest Muslim judges, Justices Ameer Ali and Syed Mahmud (son of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan) had exposed the errors in the translations............

After independence, Pakistan’s Supreme Court discarded this legacy. It ruled that it was the duty of the courts to ascertain the law from the Quran and the hadith for themselves in preference to the opinions of British-era commentators.

The Quran enjoins a clear procedure. The first step is appointment of arbiters “if you fear a breach” between the couple (4:35). Failing their efforts, either side can demand divorce; khula by the wife and talaq by the husband, for which a period of three months (iddah) is obligatory. It is revocable before that.

In 1943, Maulana Abul Ala Maududi said, “Due to want of knowledge, Muslims have been generally given to understand that a talaq can be pronounced only through the triple-divorce formula, although it is an innovation and a sin leading to many legal complications. If people knew that triple divorce is superfluous and even a single talaq would dissolve the marriage, of course, leaving room for revocation during the next three months (iddah) and remarriage thereafter, innumerable families could have been saved from disruption.”

The writer is an author and apparently a lawyer based in Mumbai  India  and published in today's Dawn.  read it all at the link.,  Some Indian Muslims  if not all  are indeed lucky.,    Well that is what he writes., But foolish  old men of Islam   however educated they may be in a civilized  world,  they  can not figure out that there is indeed something wrong in these silly old religious books of their time..

well these words ""Modi is exploiting an issue that Muslims are already looking into." put me off.,   that is what  the fool says

MY ASS THE MUSLIM INTELLECTUALS ARE LOOKING INTO...
    1400  years .. what the fuck they are still looking into??  
    You fool,   being  lawyer   don't you realize ,  how one sided  women exploiting  myogenic law  is that fucking triple talaq law ??

of course others who oppose Islam will exploit the stupidity In Islam ..  what is new there??  it is same for all these stupid faiths ?? one faith followers would like to prove other faith followers are fools ... that is not new for faiths and faith heads ..  it is happening since the formations of faiths by the exploiters of faiths ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxJoZp2cgV4

Reply #13 - December 29, 2017, 07:55 PM

India inches closer to criminalizing Muslim practice of instant divorce        says news  From CNN.com  with these  pictures

India's Lower House of Parliament has approved a bill criminalizing the controversial Islamic divorce practice known as "triple talaq" and making it punishable with up to three years in prison.

The practice allows a husband to divorce his wife by simply saying the Arabic word for divorce, "talaq", three times.
    The passing of the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill on Thursday comes five months after India's Supreme Court deemed the centuries-old practice unconstitutional.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been a vocal advocate of the bill.

well That is a good news not just for  Indian Muslim women  but Muslims   and Islam .,This should have been done Long time back   by leaders  of so-called Islamic nations

In fact that WORTHLESS  UNITED NATIONS  should take up that issue and BAN THE COUNTRIES FROM UN  which do not ban this  horrible nonsense  that affects half a billion people on the globe ..

I recommend to  Mr . Trump to start that campaign  on Facebook and twitter instead of this 
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year’s Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against. Bundle up!

Reply #14 - December 29, 2017, 08:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co7AxOEU4zc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ5Ch88lxpI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgOiqao9DNc

interesting  news from India... BBC  and other channels

Reply #15 - December 29, 2017, 08:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyfqssQhHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2mztX81Rvg

MY HATS OFF TO  THESE FIGHTING SOULS I SEE ABOVE.,  THESE ROGUES OF ISLAM that supports  this talaq talaq  nonsense  should be expunged from Real Islam

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »