Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Donald Trump wants to ban Muslims from America

(Read 115234 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 16 17 1819 20 ... 30 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Donald Trump wants to ban Muslims from America
     Reply #510 - January 26, 2017, 09:04 AM

Jesus!!! the smearing campaign that I see now against Trump is pathetic really. Leftist media as the likes of The Guardian have almost nothing else on their page other than Trump bashing. As sure as I am that Trump will disappoint his voters and his supporters, he will not be us terrible as the vast majority of leftists are trying to paint him. It is really hard to be worst than Bush jr, yet I have never seen something like that with Bush.

Finally, some sensible discussion Tongue I feel like I'm going even crazier....ffs someone on facebook managed to gaslight me about being mentally ill because I pointed this out.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #511 - January 26, 2017, 10:05 AM

USA compared to an Arab country? What a joke..., how disingenuous one can be to really believe something like that. Not to say that Erdogan is not an Arab, which shows what this self-appointed Middle East commentator- Karl Sharro is made of... Or was he trying to avoid saying "like a Muslim country"...

Karl Sharro takes up the argument on twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/KarlreMarks/status/823447482298466304
     Reply #512 - January 26, 2017, 01:17 PM

Jesus!!! the smearing campaign that I see now against Trump is pathetic really. Leftist media as the likes of The Guardian have almost nothing else on their page other than Trump bashing. As sure as I am that Trump will disappoint his voters and his supporters, he will not be us terrible as the vast majority of leftists are trying to paint him. It is really hard to be worst than Bush jr, yet I have never seen something like that with Bush.

What, some dudes arrested for creating havoc? If not guilty they will be realized... USA compared to an Arab country? What a joke..., how disingenuous one can be to really believe something like that. Not to say that Erdogan is not an Arab, which shows what this self-appointed Middle East commentator- Karl Sharro is made of... Or was he trying to avoid saying "like a Muslim country"...

He wants to disregard international law and bring back torture for the sake of vengeance. But considering the type of person you have proven yourself to be, I wouldn't be surprised that you do not believe him to be "all that bad".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/26/donald-trump-torture-absolutely-works-says-us-president-in-first-television-interview?CMP=fb_gu
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-torture-works-backs-waterboarding-and-much-worse/2016/02/17/4c9277be-d59c-11e5-b195-2e29a4e13425_story.html?utm_term=.267008cad6ea

"If it doesn’t work,” Trump said, “they deserve it anyway, for what they’re doing." Don't blame the media for reporting on the things he says. Or would you prefer "alternative facts" which show the media twisting his words to make them not sound as bad as they actually were?
     Reply #513 - January 26, 2017, 04:53 PM

People can be wrong without being immoral, and they can be immoral without being factually wrong. I feel like too many people are missing that distinction. Sometimes the two get rolled up into the same antisocial statement/behaviour, but not always. Also, someone can be an honest guy who will stab you in the front and another guy can be a dishonest guy who will stab you in the back, but either way you're getting stabbed, it's a distinction without a difference.

Trump has bad ideas about a lot of things. However, I believe he will prove himself to be as much of a corporatist as anyone else in America's recent political past. I think he intends to make money out of being in power, just like Chenney did, Bush did, Clinton did, and probably Obama did (I assume he's going to start getting some nice stacks of money soon-ish from the corporations he did favors for while in office). Bush ordered torture. Obama didn't shut down Gitmo. Bush did drone strikes on civilians. Obama did about three times as many. The Clintons take millions from the Saudis. All the people in power, and all the people who have been in power for the past several decades, are immoral and corrupt. A lot of people thought that Trump was going to be different; I have been saying for a long time that he's the Republicans' Obama in that regard: I think he is going to piss off all the people who thought that he was hope and change, thought that he was going to be different, and he's going to do dick all to get the money out of politics.

Neither party will stop funding the military-industrial complex until we get the money out of politics. While they still make money off of war, they will continue to push wars, no matter the damage it does--both to our country and the ones we bomb. Neither party will stop providing aid to "rebel groups" to perpetuate unrest. Neither party will stop using their cronies in the mainstream media to shill their narrative until people stop jumping from one career path to the other. My interests are not the same as the interests of Rachel Maddow, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Sarah Palin, Bill O'Reilly or Donald Trump. I'm concerned about getting the corruption out of politics. They're concerned about distracting me from it.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #514 - January 26, 2017, 06:24 PM

Read leaked drafts of 4 White House executive orders on Muslim ban, end to DREAMer program, and more
    The two orders released today by the Trump administration, and delivered yesterday by our source, start the process of building President Trump's famous "wall," and make it easier for immigration agents to arrest, detain, and deport unauthorized immigrants at the border and in the US. Those policies are explained in detail here.

The four remaining draft orders obtained by Vox focus on immigration, terrorism, and refugee policy. They wouldn't ban all Muslim immigration to the US, breaking a Trump promise from early in his campaign, but they would temporarily ban entries from seven majority-Muslim countries and bar all refugees from coming to the US for several months. They would make it harder for immigrants to come to the US to work, make it easier to deport them if they use public services, and put an end to the Obama administration program that protected young "DREAMer" immigrants from deportation.

In all, the combined documents would represent one of the harshest crackdowns on immigrants — both those here and those who want to come here — in memory.

Reply #515 - January 26, 2017, 06:32 PM

From an academic in Vancouver: https://mobile.twitter.com/SamRochadotcom/status/824435298067058688
    Trump policies are now directly affecting my present and past students in negative ways. Now this is directly personal *and* political. Everyone who said "he doesn't mean it" or "it won't affect anyone" come at me, I got concrete examples now. Less than a week in, my students are being denied travel Visas to conference in the US for suspicion of being Muslim... This is not a "maybe" or "what if" this is a Trump is religiously profiling people and denying them Visas...

Reply #516 - January 26, 2017, 08:48 PM

The plural of "anecdote" is "data"  Afro

Reply #517 - January 26, 2017, 08:54 PM

Honestly, letting Russia lead, however unsavory the prospect and however unsettling their solutions, might just be the best option available right now. It's abundantly clear that American-led intervention to date has caused far more harm than good and that each new Islamist regime is worse than the one it replaces. The way I see it, Russia just might be able to put a stop to the humanitarian crises, even if they do commit some war crimes to do so. Yes I realize it's a bad option, but I don't think anyone can suggest a good option.

Every American-led intervention? I don't know, here in Belgium I'm quite happy that the USA nd UK intervened when the nazis were leading. I'm happy the USSR didn't intervene this part, you know because of something unimportant like freedom and democracy, also welfare. Just look at the eastern part of europe and look at the shit that they still try to get out of.
     Reply #518 - January 26, 2017, 08:56 PM

Every American-led intervention? I don't know, here in Belgium I'm quite happy that the USA nd UK intervened when the nazis were leading. I'm happy the USSR didn't intervene this part, you know because of something unimportant like freedom and democracy, also welfare. Just look at the eastern part of europe and look at the shit that they still try to get out of.

I thought it was clear from the rest of the sentence but what I meant was every American intervention in the Middle East and the Muslim world. So basically the oil wars.

Reply #519 - January 26, 2017, 09:39 PM

Quote from: gal_from_usa link=topic=29594.msg865410
    I thought it was clear from the rest of the sentence but what I meant was every American intervention in the Middle East and the Muslim world. So basically the oil wars.

Oh you mean all the oil in Bosnia, Afghanistan and Syria?
    And come one, why would you think that it would be better to just let Russia do it? They support a mass murderer.
     Reply #520 - January 26, 2017, 10:14 PM

The plural of "anecdote" is "data"  Afro

Like this? https://mobile.twitter.com/roozbehaliabadi/status/824401277572542464
     Reply #521 - January 27, 2017, 12:21 AM

And come one, why would you think that it would be better to just let Russia do it? They support a mass murderer.

Because Assad is better than ISIS. Wiping them both out will only lead to a new, stronger ISIS. The #1 priority of the international community on a humanitarian level should be "end ISIS". Anyone who is for that can get on the team--Iran would be a great addition to the team; anyone who is against it can try their luck getting on team ISIS--looking at you, Saudi Arabia. And like I said--I'm pretty sure that that will mean war crimes will happen. But as long as they're less bad than the ones being done by ISIS, and the people like the Yazidi sex slaves being liberated from ISIS and the people watching loved ones being burned alive in cages know that what's being done is less bad and serves a better goal, then I am morally OK with it. I would rather have chaotic moral than lawful immoral. I think America and its allies need to seriously rethink the moral center of our policies. If we're going to be an international superpower manipulating foreign affairs--and I wish we'd stop that, but if we can't stop that--then we need to do it on moral principles not on economic principles. I don't think I need to make a case for why this is important, but I will if I have to.

Also the oil pipelines are in Syria. It's how you get the oil out of Iraq to Europe. That's how ISIS is making a great deal of their continued funding. Same with Afghanistan--oil pipelines. Here, I'm going to post the full text of an article from the Spectator which pretty well lays bare the nuts and bolts of why this matters:

Is international conflict really just a fight over oil? It sometimes seems that way. In Syria and Iraq, the militants of the so-called ‘Islamic State’ sell captured oil while battling to establish a puritanical Sunni theo-cracy. From Central Asia to Ukraine, Russia is contesting attempts (backed by the US) to minimise Europe’s dependence on Russian oil and natural gas. Meanwhile, Obama’s ‘pivot to Asia’ allows the US to threaten the choke points through which most of China’s oil imports must pass.

Conspiracy-mongering petrodeterminists who try to reduce world politics to nothing but a clash for oil are too crude (pun intended). No shadowy cabal of oil company executives pulls the strings of world politics. Most of the world’s oil and gas is the property of government-owned companies, and even private oil companies like ExxonMobil and BP generally defer to their home-country governments. But a grasp of global petropolitics is nonetheless vital to any understanding of the crises in international relations we see today. We also need to know a little recent history.

The end of the Cold War left America’s leadership wondering how to justify the US military protectorates over western Europe and Japan. The 1990 invasion of Kuwait by Saddam provided the answer: instead of temporarily protecting its European and East Asian allies from the Red Army, the US would henceforth perpetually protect them from other threats, including the disruption of the oil supplies on which their economies depended.

By policing critical regions like the Persian Gulf on behalf of all industrial nations, Washington hoped to forestall re-armament and unilateral scrambles for security, including energy security, by the other great powers. George W. Bush expressed this idea in a 2002 address at West Point: ‘America has, and intends to keep, military strengths beyond challenge, thereby making the destabilising arms races of other eras pointless and limiting rivalries to trade and other pursuits of peace.’

The US-Japanese relationship was the best fit for this model of patron-client politics. Japan is dependent for most of its crude oil imports on Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, and Kuwait, with small amounts from Iran, Russia and the rest of the world. It follows that Japan is also dependent on the US navy to patrol the sea lanes from the Persian Gulf through the Indian Ocean and the waters of East Asia. When Japan contributed cash rather than soldiers to defray the costs of the Gulf War, many Americans protested, failing to understand that this was exactly what American strategy called for.

Americans who hope that ‘energy independence’ can reduce US involvement in the Middle East similarly fail to understand the post-Cold War strategy of their own country. Thanks to the revolution in oil and gas production made possible by hydraulic fracturing technology (fracking) and horizontal drilling, the US has passed Russia as the world’s leading energy producer and Saudi Arabia as the leading producer of crude oil. A relatively small portion of America’s oil imports last year came from the Persian Gulf, chiefly Saudi Arabia (17 per cent), Iraq (4.4 per cent) and Kuwait (4.2 per cent). The biggest share came from Canada (33 per cent). The US military is not in the Persian Gulf to protect oil destined for the US so much as to secure the oil supplies of Europe, Japan and South Korea, and to implicitly blackmail China.

One element of this post-Cold War American grand strategy has been the attempt to minimise the dependence of the European Union on Russia, which supplies about a third of Europe’s natural gas. Ever since the 1990s, the US has favoured the construction of pipelines that would transfer oil or gas from the former Soviet republics of the Caucasus and Central Asia to Europe while bypassing Russian territory. One, the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline, has been operational since 2006. Another, the Nabucco pipeline, was intended to bring gas from Azerbaijan to Europe through Georgia, Turkey and Bulgaria, but it has been abandoned in favour of two pipelines with much lower capacity. Russia is proceeding with its own alternative, the South Stream gas pipeline, which would bypass Ukraine and bring gas from Russia under the Black Sea to Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary, Slovenia and thence to Italy. It remains to be seen whether this and other projects fall victim to European sanctions against Russia arising from the Ukraine crisis.

China, too, has been involved in the pipeline wars with the US — as a consumer of oil and gas, rather than as a producer like Russia. About 80 per cent of China’s oil imports pass through the Strait of Malacca, between Malaysia and Indonesia, giving the US navy a potential chokehold. This explains Chinese support for a proposed Iran-Pakistan pipeline, which could be extended to China. Opposed by the US, the pipeline has been thwarted by Saudi financial pressure on the Pakistani government. But China has other options for avoiding an American naval stranglehold, including a pipeline across Burma and the Chinese-subsidised port of Gwadar in Pakistan.

China’s claims to the South Sea islands, which have embroiled it in recent conflicts with Vietnam, the Philippines and Japan, are doubtless motivated in part by the desire to develop offshore oil reserves. After China deployed an oil rig in contested waters in May, nearly two dozen died in anti–Chinese riots in Vietnam.

Most consequential of all is the deal between Beijing and Moscow to transport gas to China by pipeline from fields in Siberia. The trade deal was not only the biggest in history but also a dramatic rebuke to the US attempt to encircle and weaken both powers.

China and Russia, along with India and Brazil, are challenging another basis of post-Cold War US hegemony, the ‘petrodollar’. The practice of paying for oil in dollars, even if no Americans are involved, has bolstered the dollar as the world’s reserve currency and helped the US to run large deficits since the Reagan years without too much pain. Many of post-Saddam Iraq’s oil concessions have gone to non-American firms, but the US achieved a small victory by ensuring that the transactions would use dollars.

Far from being reassured that their ‘legitimate interests’ are being protected, China and Russia have doubled down on their efforts to build up their own oil networks at America’s expense. And despite two decades of US support for non-Russian pipeline routes, Europe remains highly dependent on Russian gas. The former German chancellor Gerhard Schröder even sits on the board of a consortium building a Russo-German gas pipeline. At the same time, the American public, having turned against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, simply want less foreign policy, and attempts to cut the budget deficit have set US military spending on a downward path.

Two decades after the Gulf War, America’s commitment to secure the oil supplies of the Persian Gulf and the sea lanes needed for their transit on behalf of the other industrial powers has proven to be far more expensive than Washington expected. The stationing of US troops in Saudi Arabia and other Gulf allies enraged anti-American jihadists, Osama bin Laden among them.

The Bush administration cynically used popular panic following the 9/11 attacks and false claims about Iraqi ‘weapons of mass destruction’ to justify the US invasion of Iraq in 2003. In addition to turning oil-rich Iraq into a permanent American military base like South Korea, the invasion was intended to save money, by replacing the post-Gulf War policy of ‘dual containment’ of Iraq and Iran with containment of Iran alone. In March 2003, the undersecretary of defense for policy Paul Wolfowitz told Congress that ‘we’re really dealing with a country that could finance its own reconstruction’, and a month later the Pentagon estimated that the Iraq war would cost $4 billion. Rather than paying for itself, to date the war has cost the US $800 billion, a figure that does not include legacy costs such as a lifetime of medical treatment for wounded veterans, or the losses in life and property to Iraqi nationals.

Had George W. Bush been an Iranian mole, the clerical regime in Tehran could hardly have benefited more from the suborning of the military power of the US and its allies to remove two of Iran’s major enemies: Saddam and the Taleban government in Afghanistan. Instead of serving as an American ally against Iran, post-Saddam Iraq has been ruled by pro-Iranian Shias. The Shi’ite sectarianism of Nouri al-Maliki’s government has in turn contributed to the success of Isis.

The fracking revolution means that America will have so much oil and gas that it needn’t import any by 2035, according to the International Energy Authority. That timetable, of course, assumes America’s energetic environmentalists don’t manage to slow progress, and it still leaves the next 21 years to get through. So if Europe wants to break its addiction to Russian energy, it will need to start doing its own fracking – rather than wait for American imports. Putin’s continued confidence over the Ukraine this week can be explained by a simple fact: winter is coming, and the countries complaining about him need his gas rather badly.

It is almost exactly 41 years since the Saudis and Egyptians discussed using oil as a weapon – then, to penalise America for helping Israel in the Yom Kippur war. Yet pipeline diplomacy is as relevant now as ever. Look hard enough and you can see such games still being played today in pursuit of grand political goals — whether to establish a Sunni caliphate or to preserve American hegemony over developing European countries. Once America believed it would always have to police this global struggle for resources; soon, the American electorate may decide that it’s not worth the cost.

There will be much discussion of the world’s future at next week’s Nato summit in Wales. America’s European allies have reduced their military capabilities over the years, persuaded that Uncle Sam would always protect their energy supply if things grew difficult. Such old certainties are fast disappearing. Europe may still have to learn the hard way that petropolitics still matters.

Also, what did America start in Bosnia? I'm pretty sure that was a proxy plane to fight the Cold War, right? Same with the engagement where we armed and trained ibn Laden. I'm not old enough to remember that, but I'm pretty sure that's what that was.

Reply #522 - January 27, 2017, 02:34 AM

Quote from: gal_from_usa
    Because Assad is better than ISIS. Wiping them both out will only lead to a new, stronger ISIS. The #1 priority of the international community on a humanitarian level should be "end ISIS". Anyone who is for that can get on the team--Iran would be a great addition to the team; anyone who is against it can try their luck getting on team ISIS--looking at you, Saudi Arabia.

False dichotomy. The civil war started when the kingdom of Assad ordered his troops to shoot on peaceful protesters. So the Free Syrian army formed which Assad and his daddy Putin like to call "ISIS" because it's just too easy to use propaganda like this. The thing is that the Free Syrian Army is complicated and consists of different groups including democratic AND islamist groups. Fast forward to today and now we have at least one good alternative to cancer(Assad & Putler) and aids(ISIS & Al Nusra): The YPG.

Also the oil pipelines are in Syria. It's how you get the oil out of Iraq to Europe.

You mean like there are no oil pipelines in Iraq that lead to Turkey? Oh boy:

At this moment only a small part of that pipeline is controlled by ISIS.

Also, what did America start in Bosnia? I'm pretty sure that was a proxy plane to fight the Cold War, right? Same with the engagement where we armed and trained ibn Laden. I'm not old enough to remember that, but I'm pretty sure that's what that was.

I typed Bosnia, I meant Kosovo, 1999. That's after the cold war against the serbian agression in Kosovo. But it's impossible for the US of A to do something with good intentions so it MUST I repeat MUST be because of some oil pipelines there.
     Reply #523 - January 27, 2017, 02:49 AM

False dichotomy. The civil war started when the kingdom of Assad ordered his troops to shoot on peaceful protesters. So the Free Syrian army formed which Assad and his daddy Putin like to call "ISIS" because it's just too easy to use propaganda like this. The thing is that the Free Syrian Army is complicated and consists of different groups including democratic AND islamist groups. Fast forward to today and now we have at least one good alternative to cancer(Assad & Putler) and aids(ISIS & Al Nusra): The YPG.

Arming the Kurds is also something the Trump has brought up. I'm not against it but it's not going to be any more final than backing Assad or ISIS, it's just going to cause the war to move to a different front. I don't think we can trust the Kurds with everyone else's protection. I think it's safe to assume that any weapons we give them now will be used across all of Kurdistan which, like, I'm not against them getting their own state, that's probably a good idea, but it's not going to save the Syrians or Iraqis that aren't Kurds.

You mean like there are no oil pipelines in Iraq that lead to Turkey? Oh boy:
    (Clicky for piccy!)
    At this moment only a small part of that pipeline is controlled by ISIS.

I know they don't control the entire thing--also they've lost ground recently--but they're making tons of money off the bits they do control, which is enabling them, which is bad.

I typed Bosnia, I meant Kosovo, 1999. That's after the cold war against the serbian agression in Kosovo. But it's impossible for the US of A to do something with good intentions so it MUST I repeat MUST be because of some oil pipelines there.

It's not that America never did anything good, it's that I don't trust a government official in a country where bribes are legal to act ethically. I think that most people, if offered several million dollars to violate their principles, probably would. I think that's especially true of people who seek power for power's sake. My distrust and suspicion of American politicians' publicly stated motives is an extension of that line of thought, not of "America is the great satan".

Reply #524 - January 27, 2017, 12:08 PM

He wants to disregard international law and bring back torture for the sake of vengeance. But considering the type of person you have proven yourself to be, I wouldn't be surprised that you do not believe him to be "all that bad".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/26/donald-trump-torture-absolutely-works-says-us-president-in-first-television-interview?CMP=fb_gu
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-torture-works-backs-waterboarding-and-much-worse/2016/02/17/4c9277be-d59c-11e5-b195-2e29a4e13425_story.html?utm_term=.267008cad6ea

"If it doesn’t work,” Trump said, “they deserve it anyway, for what they’re doing." Don't blame the media for reporting on the things he says. Or would you prefer "alternative facts" which show the media twisting his words to make them not sound as bad as they actually were?

Yes I'm clearly not as naive as you have more often than not proven to be and I'm clearly more concerned about victims and future victims of Islam than you are. Spare me of your care for international law and human rights. If you would care for these, you wouldn't care at all about this disgusting ideology which right now in the 21 century exterminates people and it pisses on your international law and human rights every tiny second. Or are you so blind of what Islam does? You cannot see how many are killed daily because of this or you just pretend to ignore all of these?

Of course I don't believe he is so bad as you think he will. I have no great expectations from him as his agenda is bad enough to expect too much, but I'm sure I have seen worse... However he has been elected and should rule so why crying so much? Reporting is one thing and smearing is another thing(you should know better, as you are a true professional when it comes to smearing). When Bush jr came to power, everyone knew how dumb he was. Did we had this smearing campaign in the media?

Torturing terrorists or terrorist suspects? Don't be naive, they are doing it right now directly or indirectly. In an ideal world it shouldn't exist, yet you fail to see we are not in an ideal world. It happened during Obama as well, it doesn't mean that I think Obama was bad just because tacitly he has approved this. If a president of USA would act as naively and as idealistically as you do, we would be fucked...
     Reply #525 - January 27, 2017, 12:41 PM

Yes I'm clearly not as naive as you have more often than not proven to be and I'm clearly more concerned about victims and future victims of Islam than you are. Spare me of your care for international law and human rights. If you would care for these, you wouldn't care at all about this disgusting ideology which right now in the 21 century exterminates people and it pisses on your international law and human rights every tiny second. Or are you so blind of what Islam does? You cannot see how many are killed daily because of this or you just pretend to ignore all of these?

You want to turn Muslims into criminals by banning them from practising their religion. And what happens when they refuse to give it up? Jail them? Put them in camps? Stop making excuses for your bigotry. You said that your country has 0.3% of Muslims, yet out of all of us, you are the one who seems most convinced that they will take over and forcefully convert you to Islam. As a result you want to subjugate and commit human rights violations against an entire religious group which includes people who many of us care about (family, friends, etc). Does that remind you of anyone?

Of course I don't believe he is so bad as you think he will. I have no great expectations from him as his agenda is bad enough to expect too much, but I'm sure I have seen worse... However he has been elected and should rule so why crying so much? Reporting is one thing and smearing is another thing(you should know better, as you are a true professional when it comes to smearing). When Bush jr came to power, everyone knew how dumb he was. Did we had this smearing campaign in the media?

His policies are being critiqued, not his simple lack of intelligence. Jeez, why would anyone want to do that?

Torturing terrorists or terrorist suspects? Don't be naive, they are doing it right now directly or indirectly. In an ideal world it shouldn't exist, yet you fail to see we are not in an ideal world. It happened during Obama as well, it doesn't mean that I think Obama was bad just because tacitly he has approved this. If a president of USA would act as naively and as idealistically as you do, we would be fucked...

So innocent until proven guilty does not apply to Brown people from the Middle East and Asia, I take it? Hundreds of the prisoners in Gitmo were not captured by the US army but were turned in by corrupt warlords, greedy for the bounty. They were not given a trial, meaning that the majority were innocent, yet they were tortured anyway. Reopening the black-sites and reintroducing waterboarding and "a hell of a lot worse" means that several innocent people will be tortured. But like I said, someone like you could not be expected to care.
     Reply #526 - January 27, 2017, 01:00 PM

Karl Sharro takes up the argument on twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/KarlreMarks/status/823447482298466304

And really it was trolling and nothing else...
     Reply #527 - January 27, 2017, 01:20 PM

You want to turn Muslims into criminals by banning them from practising their religion. And what happens when they refuse to give it up? Jail them? Put them in camps? Stop making excuses for your bigotry. You said that your country has 0.3% of Muslims, yet out of all of us, you are the one who seems most convinced that they will take over and forcefully convert you to Islam. As a result you want to subjugate and commit human rights violations against an entire religious group which includes people who many of us care about (family, friends, etc). Does that remind you of anyone?

Criminals? WTF? Professional smear again?
    Subjugate people? Hahaha, That's what Islam does, are you so blind???, I want them to be free. There are no easy solutions for this... unfortunately...
    Forcefully convert you to Islam.? WTF do you think will happen when Islam(let's say Sunni) is majority. Or you do not see what is happening in Syria in Rebels held territory and in other countries as well? Or do you think you will ever see even the poor record of human rights that exists today in Islamic world, if it won't be for international pressure? We would have more ISIS style governments in the world if not for other non muslim majority countries. Jesus, you are so naïve.
    I want Islam gone, have you a better idea? Common hurry up, because in the meantime your ideology is killing people, in the millions...

His policies are being critiqued, not his simple lack of intelligence. Jeez, why would anyone want to do that?

I never thought intelligence is his problem. Criticizing is one thing, smearing another thing, but I suppose you are not able to see the difference. 

So innocent until proven guilty does not apply to Brown people from the Middle East and Asia, I take it? Hundreds of the prisoners in Gitmo were not captured by the US army but were turned in by corrupt warlords, greedy for the bounty. They were not given a trial, meaning that the majority were innocent, yet they were tortured anyway. Reopening the black-sites and reintroducing waterboarding and "a hell of a lot worse" means that several innocent people will be tortured. But like I said, someone like you could not be expected to care.

Hahaha, do you think I like this a bit or should I like to be in the law. You really are naïve. I'm just telling you how real world look like and not how ideally should be. As long as bad people exist torture will be part of this world as well. Please let me know one USA president which tacitly hasn't approved this? I consider them bad because of this? NO.

Anyways, just continue with smearing (quote: considering the type of person you have proven... ) and avoid the discussion at hand.
     Reply #528 - January 27, 2017, 01:24 PM

People can be wrong without being immoral, and they can be immoral without being factually wrong. I feel like too many people are missing that distinction. Sometimes the two get rolled up into the same antisocial statement/behaviour, but not always. Also, someone can be an honest guy who will stab you in the front and another guy can be a dishonest guy who will stab you in the back, but either way you're getting stabbed, it's a distinction without a difference.

Trump has bad ideas about a lot of things. However, I believe he will prove himself to be as much of a corporatist as anyone else in America's recent political past. I think he intends to make money out of being in power, just like Chenney did, Bush did, Clinton did, and probably Obama did (I assume he's going to start getting some nice stacks of money soon-ish from the corporations he did favors for while in office). Bush ordered torture. Obama didn't shut down Gitmo. Bush did drone strikes on civilians. Obama did about three times as many. The Clintons take millions from the Saudis. All the people in power, and all the people who have been in power for the past several decades, are immoral and corrupt. A lot of people thought that Trump was going to be different; I have been saying for a long time that he's the Republicans' Obama in that regard: I think he is going to piss off all the people who thought that he was hope and change, thought that he was going to be different, and he's going to do dick all to get the money out of politics.

Neither party will stop funding the military-industrial complex until we get the money out of politics. While they still make money off of war, they will continue to push wars, no matter the damage it does--both to our country and the ones we bomb. Neither party will stop providing aid to "rebel groups" to perpetuate unrest. Neither party will stop using their cronies in the mainstream media to shill their narrative until people stop jumping from one career path to the other. My interests are not the same as the interests of Rachel Maddow, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Sarah Palin, Bill O'Reilly or Donald Trump. I'm concerned about getting the corruption out of politics. They're concerned about distracting me from it.

This.
     Reply #529 - January 27, 2017, 01:33 PM

Bosnia is not really Muslim world. Anyways, let's say more good came from USA intervention...
    Afghanistan - they supported talibans against soviets/russians. Sorry but USA really fucked up that place. Don't you think secular communists are much better than salafi/islamists?
    Syria: Well USA supports The Rebels and Russians Assad. Could you please tell us how many non sunni muslims you can find in Rebels held territories?
     Reply #530 - January 27, 2017, 01:36 PM

It's not that America never did anything good, it's that I don't trust a government official in a country where bribes are legal to act ethically.

It's hard to prevent that type of things to happen in any country. So according to this logic you're saying that every politician is evenly unethical because of this probability? Even tough one of them actively promotes hatred, denies all science and plans on censoring it?
     Reply #531 - January 27, 2017, 01:37 PM

There are no such things like democrats in the FSA. If you know some, please name them...
     Reply #532 - January 27, 2017, 01:42 PM

Bosnia is not really Muslim world. Anyways, let's say more good came from USA intervention...
    Afghanistan - they supported talibans against soviets/russians. Sorry but USA really fucked up that place. Don't you think secular communists are much better than salafi/islamists?
    Syria: Well USA supports The Rebels and Russians Assad. Could you please tell us how many non sunni muslims you can find in Rebels held territories?

I was critiquing her for this logic: "it's all aboit oil". Maybe try to read and understand won't you?
    And about syria, can you tell me how many non sunni muslims there are in rebel held territories? No, neither can you. What's your point?
     Reply #533 - January 27, 2017, 01:45 PM

There are no such things like democrats in the FSA. If you know some, please name them...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphrates_Jarabulus_Brigades
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_Revolutionaries

Reply #534 - January 27, 2017, 02:08 PM

I was critiquing her for this logic: "it's all aboit oil". Maybe try to read and understand won't you?
    And about syria, can you tell me how many non sunni muslims there are in rebel held territories? No, neither can you. What's your point?

I can tell you. In Ildib none. Christians, Alawites and Shia have fled and the remaining Druzes have been forcibly converted to Sunni Islam. I remind you there is no ISIS in Ildib, just rebels, some supported by USA.

Please don't suppose I like Russians politics, I'm the last one to favor them. I love USA, just don't like the majority of their policies when it comes to Muslim world.   
     Reply #535 - January 27, 2017, 02:12 PM

Then why USA supports rebel groups allied with Al Nusra(Al Qaeda)? These groups are heavily supported by KSA, Qatar and the golf countries...
     Reply #536 - January 27, 2017, 02:17 PM

These groups are not anymore in the so called FSA(rebels) for a long time. They are part of SDF, which is YPG dominated and which is not fighting Assad anywhere, on the contrary... So I suppose you have no examples?
     Reply #537 - January 27, 2017, 09:39 PM

Criminals? WTF? Professional smear again?
    Subjugate people? Hahaha, That's what Islam does, are you so blind???, I want them to be free. There are no easy solutions for this... unfortunately...
    Forcefully convert you to Islam.? WTF do you think will happen when Islam(let's say Sunni) is majority. Or you do not see what is happening in Syria in Rebels held territory and in other countries as well? Or do you think you will ever see even the poor record of human rights that exists today in Islamic world, if it won't be for international pressure? We would have more ISIS style governments in the world if not for other non muslim majority countries. Jesus, you are so naïve.
    I want Islam gone, have you a better idea? Common hurry up, because in the meantime your ideology is killing people, in the millions...

No, I simply do not feel like sugarcoating your proposal. In order for it to work, there have to be sanctions in place in case the Muslims do not comply. So I ask you again: what do you suggest be done about the Muslims who refuse to give up their religion? Round them up into camps?

You keep saying that they will take over, yet you don't say how. Syria was already a Muslim-majority country, and the civil war made it vulnerable to an IS takeover (which they still haven't succeeded at doing). Compare that to the 0.3% of Muslims, and you look ridiculous. How will it happen? No wonder you have so much scorn for international law and human rights; your hatred causes you to believe that those filthy Muslims who you want to turn into criminals do not deserve human rights.

My ideology? Thank you for further exposing yourself as the ignorant bigot who believes that if ex-Muslims do not conform to their despicable worldview, they must still have a little Muslim in them  Roll Eyes.

I never thought intelligence is his problem. Criticizing is one thing, smearing another thing, but I suppose you are not able to see the difference.

Reporting on what he actually said, the executive orders which he has signed and what he is proposing without sugarcoating it is not "smearing". 

Hahaha, do you think I like this a bit or should I like to be in the law. You really are naïve. I'm just telling you how real world look like and not how ideally should be. As long as bad people exist torture will be part of this world as well. Please let me know one USA president which tacitly hasn't approved this? I consider them bad because of this? NO.

Anyways, just continue with smearing (quote: considering the type of person you have proven... ) and avoid the discussion at hand.

That's right; as long as bad people who think that the torture of innocent people is perfectly acceptable still exist, torture will always be a part of this world. I never disputed that any US president made great efforts to prevent torture, but openly advocating the reinstatement of CIA black-sites because torture victims "deserve it" makes the individual in question especially dangerous. I am sure that people who campaigned to abolish other injustices in the past were referred to as "idealistic" by people who simply didn't care about those who were at the receiving of said injustices, despite many being innocent.
     Reply #538 - January 27, 2017, 11:41 PM

Of course there will be sanctions in place. We have sanctions for denying the Holocaust. Fair? No, but for a good cause.

Discrimination? Much better than people killed and in the end for a good cause for everybody. You seem to care more about discriminations than people being killed. Have you ever thought that this can happen to you or your children? Are you so fucking blind and ignorant to the killings around you. What madness can make someone believe that a shit ideology who kills people in the millions should be allowed to exist for the sake of human rights, international law, freedom of choice, etc, when evey bit of that ideology is against of any part of those great ideals? We sacrifice people for allowing Islam as if Islam is one of those great ideals. Madness.

Camps? Smearing again, you can't resist, don't you, is what you are so good at...

And what matters from where I am and how many Muslims are in my country? What does this have to do with the subject. You want just to smear me as usually.  I'm not nationalist, I care for every Europeans as much and I care for Europe as much as of my country. Certainly more than you. Stop smearing me for who I am.

You are not an ex Muslim or a Muslim for me in this discussion.  You are just the typical ignorant and naive socialist who thinks freedom of religion is more important than killing people.  And BTW try to get some geography lessons and check how fast Islam is growing comparing to every other thing. And then do some maths and see where this is heading to. Prey excuse me if I don't want to see Europe as other failures states like Syria, Lebanon or Bosnia. Not to say that overpopulation is the last thing we need now.

Is not smearing? Have you read the media? From the moment Trump was elected, he wasn't even in charge, not giving any order, media was full on him. When has ever happened something like this, pray tell me? Can we read something else in The Guardian? The worst thing with Trump is that there are no other news...

It is stupid to openly advocating something like this, we can agree with this, but to tacitly approve this you think is bad? Here we are not taking about torturing people for fighting for human rights. We talking about torturing people involved in terrorist attacks. This can save lives.  People can die. I really don't understand how easily is for you to choose for no injustices and no abuses against people being killed. Which is worse? How would you explain your position to anyone that loses someone dear?
     Reply #539 - January 28, 2017, 12:23 AM

^^Answer my question instead of going off on a tangent: what exactly are you suggesting to do to Muslims who do not stop practicing their religion? Are you or are you not suggesting that they should be rounded up into camps? If that is not what you are suggesting, end the so-called "smear" by clarifying what exactly you believe should happen to them.

In order to achieve what you are calling for, there will be lots of violence and there will be lots of killing, as I  already stated in the other thread. Now, either you know this and support violence and the killing of the "right" sort of people (Muslims), or you are dishonest and claim that it can be achieved without the violence.

I think that calling for atrocities towards an entire religious group on a mass scale is abhorrent. If that makes me a socialist, I am proud to be one. Atheism and Agnosticism are growing much faster than Islam, and stats do not show an accurate reflection apostates of Islam, considering the social issues that many of us face. Besides, how on Earth would forcing Muslims to give up their religion stop overpopulation?

The media went "full on" because he made it easy for them to do so. You can't come out with extremely controversial statements, then cry about a "smear  campaign" when others spread the word.

And how do you explain yours to the hundreds of innocent people who were tortured? Or is this another situation of torture and killing not being an issue when it happens to the "right" sort of people? Most people would "confess" to anything to make the pain stop, and I know I would. So the information is not reliable unless there is absolute certainty that the person is actually involved in an imminent threat. And even then, there are those who would give false information in order to cause as much damage as possible. Ironically, the only argument for torture that makes any sense is Trump's argument that it should be done out of vengeance. I don't agree with it, but it makes much more sense than the ticking bomb argument.

And for the record: Bosnia is in Europe.

Not to mention the thinly veiled: I care for every European but not you (a Brit). Translates: I only care for White people.
  • Previous page 1 ... 16 17 1819 20 ... 30 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »