Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Muslim men. Honor and duty to women demand that you outlaw the hijab, niqab and

(Read 37482 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Muslim men. Honor and duty to women demand that you outlaw the hijab, niqab and
     Reply #60 - December 09, 2015, 09:37 PM

dear ExMuslimVlogGuy ., the secret of ISLAM is  "There is No allah and there was NO Muhammad"..

so your statement and your realization is invalid

lol thanks yeez.

And yep the ankle and foot fetish is alive and well.  Cheesy

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
  • Muslim men. Honor and duty to women demand that you outlaw the hijab, niqab and
     Reply #61 - December 09, 2015, 09:42 PM

1). Honor and duty...

2). Honor and duty in Muslim way...

3). Honor and duty non-Muslim way ..

4). Honor and duty Idol worshippers way....

2 and 4. applies to all believing Muslims and that honor and duty is whatever some dead Muslim put into the writings of the Qur'an and other so called holly books.

1 and 3 can also be connected and that honor and duty is what intelligent thought will produce.

Do not ask again as it will be ignored unless you have a legitimate reason.

Regards
    DL

God is a cosmic consciousness.
    Telepathy the key to contact.
    Our next evolutionary step. No choice.
     Reply #62 - December 10, 2015, 02:24 AM

I always appreciate compliments but you seem to be trying to have your cake and eat it too.

"How dare you insist that the oppressed are responsible for their oppression?
    YOU ARE BLAMING THE VICTIMS."

Yes as that is where most of the blame lies.

"It is not the fault of these women that they are born into or find themselves in an honour culture. It is not even the fault of the men- how can you blame anyone for something that has simply been the way it is for a thousand years or four? It is the responsibility of the entire community to evolve past such culture."

I agree and that is why I place most of the blame on the victims. They are the ones who have the complaint and they are the ones perpetuating the system of slavery within Islam.

The slave owner is a happy camper and does not want change. It is the slaves who want to be free and it is up to them to push for it.

So tell me again that I blame the wrong party.

Regards
    DL

That is certainly not how slavery was abolished in my own country. The movement would not have gotten far without both sides (those with power and those who have been denied power) cooperating. Those with power are more able to create change, and indeed, have more responsibility to do so. You cannot simply marginalize any part of a society. Blaming the victims is not the answer. You do blame the wrong party. It is the responsibility of all. There are plenty of oppressors who are sickened by their own role who can work for change.
    Waking up the community and exploring alternatives cannot be done solely from one position.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #63 - December 10, 2015, 02:46 PM

three

"Waking up the community and exploring alternatives cannot be done solely from one position."

Correct. And those in power would not necessarily know that someone is a slave or being treated like one if the slave did not speak up.

The first responsibility goes to the slave to complain. That condition, is what activates all laws, basically, and I see no reason to change that status quo.

Regards
    DL 

Reply #64 - December 11, 2015, 02:17 AM

So now you are saying that Muslim women are not speaking up? That their oppression continues not because of law or cultural mores but because they do not agitate correctly?
    I wish for a solution like what happened in Iceland, myself.

Reply #65 - December 11, 2015, 01:06 PM

three

Even Rome feared a slave uprising.

Happy slaves perpetuate slavery. If Muslim women want freedom from oppression, they will have to fight for it the way our ancestors did.

I imagine it might be somewhat different though due to indoctrination and brainwashing.

I am not sure how deep that goes as I do not think it has ever been done to me.

I am not sure of what you mean about Iceland. Care to expand?

Regards
    DL

Reply #66 - December 11, 2015, 01:20 PM

three
    ............... If Muslim women want freedom from oppression, they will have to fight for it the way our ancestors did.......................

Regards
    DL

well what can we do if some women who newly joined in Islam like Hijab.. light beating ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U98i_dLkJTE

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #67 - December 11, 2015, 01:37 PM

Perfect video to post Yeez  Afro

That exactly is the mentality among a lot of people unfortunately..

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
     Reply #68 - December 11, 2015, 03:19 PM

well what can we do if some women who newly joined in Islam like Hijab.. light beating ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U98i_dLkJTE

There are cures for the delusional. Some are happy slaves.

Regards
    DL

Reply #69 - December 11, 2015, 03:25 PM

Perfect video to post Yeez  Afro

That exactly is the mentality among a lot of people unfortunately..

I would not say a lot but would say too many.

That level of devience is not normal.

Regards
    DL

Reply #70 - December 12, 2015, 03:38 AM

three

Even Rome feared a slave uprising.

Happy slaves perpetuate slavery. If Muslim women want freedom from oppression, they will have to fight for it the way our ancestors did.

I imagine it might be somewhat different though due to indoctrination and brainwashing.

I am not sure how deep that goes as I do not think it has ever been done to me.

I am not sure of what you mean about Iceland. Care to expand?

Regards
    DL

It goes really deep. It dictates how you hold your head and where your gaze lands. How loud your voice is and what words you choose. It challenges your reality, you see no bars and internalize every correction. It echoes in your head forever, even if you are lucky enough to be free of it physically.
    In Iceland in the seventies women demanded the vote. They did not do like Kuwait and invade parliament, they instead went on strike and filled the streets. They showed that they were integral and working parts of the whole and they demanded equal rights.
    They did not start from the bottom though. They already had it better than most when they did that.

Reply #71 - December 12, 2015, 09:31 PM

Good for them and thanks for clearing that up.

Have you noted that Saudi women will vote for the first time?

If they can find a man to drive them to the voting station that is.

Those women are sort of laughing at what Saudi men think of equality under the law.

Regards
    DL

Reply #72 - December 13, 2015, 02:14 AM

Can't disagree with that  Cheesy

Although, one baby step... at a time... Maybe.
     Reply #73 - December 13, 2015, 03:10 PM

I see it more as a lie to placate women.

If you look at the dress codes for Muslim women for Iran and Afghanistan in the 70's as compared to today, you can easily see how quick Islam and Muslim men are to go back to oppression after one of their token gifts of freedom to their women is retracted.

Regards
    DL

Reply #74 - December 13, 2015, 03:15 PM

I see it more as a lie to placate women.

If you look at the dress codes for Muslim women for Iran and Afghanistan in the 70's as compared to today, you can easily see how quick Islam and Muslim men are to go back to oppression .

that is a very good observation SNAKE... You said it.,

and  you meat to say   "Islam and Muslim men before 1970's were different from Islam and Muslim men of 21st century.."

Didn't you want to say that?

Reply #75 - December 13, 2015, 03:19 PM

No. The ideology has not changed.

This Muslim would not agree either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZZMXV_PRXk

Regards
    DL

Reply #76 - December 13, 2015, 04:14 PM

No. The ideology has not changed.

Well No..No.,  noooooo..  I disagree with that Snake.,   the Idea of Islam and Islamic ideology has been changed since the birth of books so-called Islamic scriptures  and it is still changing . And  ..and.. many people  still have a problem of understanding what is written in them, when they were written.
    This Muslim would not agree either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZZMXV_PRXk

Regards
    DL

who care of about THAT MUSLIM.. why worry about that  mujrim?  He is one in  1.2 billion.....BILLION......,  he is sand grain in Islam  DL..

Reply #77 - December 13, 2015, 07:24 PM

I disagree. The ideology has changed in that region in the past forty years or so.

Reply #78 - December 13, 2015, 07:25 PM

Perhaps the one in millions who has intelligence where Islam is concerned.

Regards
    DL

Reply #79 - December 13, 2015, 07:28 PM

Badshah Khan was not beloved by the Wahabis, and he inspired those millions. What he taught and the people subsequently and wholeheartedly embraced was contrary to the current popular ideology in the area. 

Reply #80 - December 13, 2015, 07:30 PM

I disagree. The ideology has changed in that region in the past forty years or so.

Which of the four main sects are you speaking about and what have they changed?

I do know about the recent voting rights for Saudi women. When they can find a man to take them to the voting station and how Afghanistan and Iran first let the women wear what they wanted in the 70's and then reversed that freedom back to men telling women how to dress.

Regards
    DL

Reply #81 - December 13, 2015, 07:32 PM

Badshah Khan was not beloved by the Wahabis, and he inspired those millions. What he taught and the people subsequently and wholeheartedly embraced was contrary to the current popular ideology in the area. 

What are the main points and are you saying they were accepted or not. Your phrasing is slightly confusing.

Regards
    DL

Reply #82 - December 13, 2015, 07:39 PM

Badshah Khan ....................

what??   ...three...........Threee............THREEEE  how do you know Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan?

Badshah Khan  spent  one out of every three days of his life in jail,  half the time under British and half the time  in  the jails of  Pakistani government.

Reply #83 - December 13, 2015, 07:40 PM

...........Your phrasing is slightly confusing.

Regards
    DL

because you are confused snake 

Reply #84 - December 13, 2015, 07:42 PM

. .............. and how Afghanistan and Iran first let the women wear what they wanted in the 70's and then reversed that freedom back to men telling women how to dress.

Regards
    DL

well That is because SOME MUSLIM MEN BECAME CONTROLLING ANIMALS and some muslim men became silent and dumb..

Perhaps the one in millions who has intelligence where Islam is concerned.

Regards
    DL

DL,  is that for Non-Muslims or for Muslims?

well in that case we have ~1.2 billion Muslim folks then we have some 1200 or so Intelligent Muslim folks another 6000 or so Non-Muslim intelligent folks... Rest of them are dumb asses..

so which group you fall in to??

Reply #85 - December 13, 2015, 09:08 PM

Which of the four main sects are you speaking about and what have they changed?

I do know about the recent voting rights for Saudi women. When they can find a man to take them to the voting station and how Afghanistan and Iran first let the women wear what they wanted in the 70's and then reversed that freedom back to men telling women how to dress.

Regards
    DL

I am speaking of the rise of Wahabi Islam across Afghanistan and Pakistan due to the influence of Saudi funded masjids and madrassas, since General Zia´s time. This influenced the culture in the area.
    In Iran there was a regime change. In Afghanistan there was prolonged war, the central government was horribly weakened and the royal family fled, there subsequently was a lot of vacuum to fill. These are two separate occurrences.
    So no one reversed anything. The government changed.

Reply #86 - December 13, 2015, 09:10 PM

what??   ...three...........Threee............THREEEE  how do you know Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan?

Badshah Khan  spent  one out of every three days of his life in jail,  half the time under British and half the time  in  the jails of  Pakistani government.

Everyone who ever heard of him has loved him immediately. He should have been God.

Reply #87 - December 13, 2015, 09:17 PM

What are the main points and are you saying they were accepted or not. Your phrasing is slightly confusing.

Regards
    DL

What I am saying is that if you compare the message of Badshah Khan to any current leader of the Taliban you will see that the ideology is NOT the same.
    You are expecting consistency within madhabs, and such is not possible. Every population is going to behave according to their culture, their mores, and have a different leader. The Hanafi madhab that was most popular there has now been polluted by Wahabism to such an extent that Sufi has become a dirty word there.
    Also I do not think you can call the people who chose to follow Badshah Khan illiterate or uneducated or anything like that. If schooling was not accessible to them, they made up for it in heart. They broke the British Empire and sacrificed themselves greatly to do so. They sought to educate an entire generation in a very short span. Their efforts are heroic, and they should not be slighted in any way.

Reply #88 - December 13, 2015, 09:27 PM

I am speaking of the rise of Wahabi Islam across Afghanistan and Pakistan due to the influence of Saudi funded masjids and madrassas, since General Zia´s time. This influenced the culture in the area.
    In Iran there was a regime change. In Afghanistan there was prolonged war, the central government was horribly weakened and the royal family fled, there subsequently was a lot of vacuum to fill. These are two separate occurrences.
    So no one reversed anything. The government changed.

A change of regime is not a change of ideology.

Many Muslim nations have changed regimes regularly but no ideological change comes about.

I was thinking of ideological change and that is why I mention the dress codes.

Regards
    DL

Reply #89 - December 13, 2015, 09:37 PM

What I am saying is that if you compare the message of Badshah Khan to any current leader of the Taliban you will see that the ideology is NOT the same.
    You are expecting consistency within madhabs, and such is not possible. Every population is going to behave according to their culture, their mores, and have a different leader. The Hanafi madhab that was most popular there has now been polluted by Wahabism to such an extent that Sufi has become a dirty word there.
    Also I do not think you can call the people who chose to follow Badshah Khan illiterate or uneducated or anything like that. If schooling was not accessible to them, they made up for it in heart. They broke the British Empire and sacrificed themselves greatly to do so. They sought to educate an entire generation in a very short span. Their efforts are heroic, and they should not be slighted in any way.

I bow to your knowledge of Islamic history.

I have some research to do.

I was aware though that every culture and country have their own version of Islam. I did not know it was about the same dogs breakfast of variance that it is and in that way Islam is as divided as Christianity is with all their brands and denominations.

Regards
    DL

• Previous page 1 2 34 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »