Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Assalamou Alaikum

(Read 2414 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Assalamou Alaikum
     OP - September 29, 2015, 10:54 PM

Assalamou Alaikum my fellow infidels, if you must you shall call me Rhiannon.
    I'm actually not that new here, I used to be "liveoutloud" a couple years ago if I'm not mistaken but I got caught up in other things.
    Basically, I'm a 17 year old girl who became an "atheist" (I still don't know how to define myself yet but I guess that's the closest thing) when I was 15 years old.
    Once upon a time, I thought that as a devout muslim I should probably read the Quran from start to finish on my own, well needless to say my mind was blown, and not in a good way. I felt scared, threatened, disgusted, offended, humiliated as a woman and as a human. There are a lot of other small reasons why I left islam, but reading the Quran was the main one.
    Flash forward 2 years later, still want nothing to do with Islam, still haven't told anyone except my foreign friends and my boyfriend who are all atheists too, still living in my country where the majority are muslims and I could go to jail for this or worse, still pissed off at how religion brainwashes people here.
    You know, I do have these moments sometimes when I meet a muslim person who's incredibly nice, or I read a verse in the Quran that preaches some good values, I ask myself : did I judge too fast? am I making a mistake?
    But then I remember that I am a pansexual feminist female, every part of who I am contradicts Islam, and it shouldn't.
    Anyway, I'm glad to be back among you all and happy atheism!!
  • Assalamou Alaikum
     Reply #1 - September 29, 2015, 10:55 PM

Welcome. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Assalamou Alaikum
     Reply #2 - September 30, 2015, 02:35 AM

You know, I do have these moments sometimes when I meet a muslim person who's incredibly nice, or I read a verse in the Quran that preaches some good values, I ask myself : did I judge too fast? am I making a mistake?
    But then I remember that I am a pansexual feminist female, every part of who I am contradicts Islam, and it shouldn't.
    Anyway, I'm glad to be back among you all and happy atheism!!

Bingo!

It is a barbaric message, spread by a barbaric desert man. It has nothing to do with civilization & elevating the status of human beings. Islam gives a great deal of attention to men, ignores women, hence it failed; even Ibn Rushd noticed that.

& IMO the desperate attempts by some new leberal muslims to save Islam are failing & will fail forever.

P.S. Welcome back.

"I'm Agnostic about God."

Richard Dawkins
    ==
    "If there is a God, it has to be a man; no woman could or would ever fuck things up like this."
     George Carlin == "...The so-called moderates are actually the public relations arm of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic Republic of Iran."  Maryam Namazie
  • Assalamou Alaikum
     Reply #3 - September 30, 2015, 02:44 AM

Welcome back! parrot

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »