Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →


Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?


Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

The essence of the facts
by akay
Today at 06:54 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 10:28 PM

Discord Group for Ex-Musl...
Yesterday at 02:29 AM

Story of Sheikha Latifa b...
Yesterday at 02:28 AM

Tommy Robinson is a refor...
Yesterday at 02:25 AM

God: An Anatomy by France...
by zeca
September 25, 2021, 01:04 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
by zeca
September 25, 2021, 08:02 AM

مدهش----- لماذا؟؟؟؟
by akay
September 24, 2021, 07:13 PM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
September 23, 2021, 11:00 AM

Freely down loadable Boo...
September 15, 2021, 10:15 PM

Apostasy Alternative
September 14, 2021, 09:25 PM

Random Islamic History Po...
by zeca
September 12, 2021, 01:14 PM

Theme Changer

 Topic: Help

 (Read 3105 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Help
     OP - August 31, 2015, 08:08 PM

    Is there any one can help me. Been in UK 14 years over stayed. Became a non believer in 2012  but kept secret.  Filed human rights application to home office but refused. Wanted to claim asylum on the basis of atheism but couldn't find a solicitor as mostly faith oriented and also didn't want to disclose toy relatives in UK who were helping me then. Went to court against home office decision. Had to send relative documents by 1st September, but unfortunately my relatives became violent and aggressive due to them finding out about me leaving religion.
    All my personal property and documents are with my sister but unfortunately there is no way I can get hold of last few weeks I have been put through mental and physical torture can't even go to police due to my status, have missed my last week reporting as I had to leave in such a state that I was sick  on road and on run.
    I have no choice but come out open but I fear that if I was to go back to Pakistan I will be killed.
    Just imagine if my relatives and community can subject me to torture and threats in UK what cannot be done in Pakistan.
    I really would like to claim asylum on the grounds of belief but don't know where to get help from.
    As most of the lawyers(still have one email in my account) don't take these type of cases.
    Is there any one..any one who can help me.
    My life was already under threat from my ex family in pakistan and step brother who is a government prosecirir prosecutor and has taken away every inch of my father's property.
    More over my sister in UK has informed them of my beliefs and they all hate me and will do anything to save their face in community.
    It's so easy to kill any one back home due to apostasy law and come out free.

  • Help
     Reply #1 - August 31, 2015, 11:36 PM

    Mate, that all sounds awful.

    I wish I could help, but I'd be trying to find answers via Google, and that could lead anywhere. If you contact the mods though, they may be able to point you in the right direction? They can be found here I think:

    Either way, I wish you luck bro.

  • Help
     Reply #2 - August 31, 2015, 11:49 PM

    There was another poster posing a similar question today who was looking for a solicitor. Not sure if anyone suggested anything other than local charities or the consulates..  Hope you manage to find what you are looking for.
  • Help
     Reply #3 - August 31, 2015, 11:51 PM

    Try looking for info there
    Apostasy and Asylum

    I hope you find what you are looking for.

  • Help
     Reply #4 - September 01, 2015, 12:38 AM

    Before 9 July 2012 it was possible to grant long residence after a period of 14 years continuous residence, but that provision was removed by changes to the Immigration Rules on that date. However, a person granted an extension of stay following an application made before 9 July 2012 can still be considered under the rules in force before that date. This means a person granted leave to remain on the basis of 14 years residence in the UK can still be granted ILR once the requirements are met.

    Although the automatic 14 years long residence rule has been abolished, paragraph 276D of the Rules does allow for a person to be granted leave to remain on the grounds of ‘private life’ on the basis of long residence in the UK. If you have overstayed you need to look at your circumstances in more detail. For instance: Are you in a relationship with a British or EEA national? Do have a child who has lived in the UK for more than 5 years? Would your life be in danger if you were forced to return to your country?

    The 10 year lawful long residence rule still applies, for instance where a student has been legally studying in the UK for 10 years and has no criminal convictions or civil judgments such as County Court Judgments (CCJ).

    A CCJ or conviction for not paying your fare on the train could come back to haunt you when making an immigration application for FLR, ILR or marriage – especially if they are not disclosed on the application.

    Each case is different and you should seek advice from a qualified immigration adviser who has dealt with applications from overstayers, ‘outside the rule’ cases and human rights article 8 appeal. If you in a relationship or have a child with an EEA national you may apply under more favourable EEA rules.

    Read this if you haven't already.

    `But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »