Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves

(Read 162676 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 33 34 3536 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves
     Reply #1020 - December 06, 2015, 02:43 PM

1). Origin of Terrestrial Planets and-the Earth-Moon System_2004  By dr. Robin M. Canup

2). Constraints on a planetary origin for the gap in the protoplanetary disc _2003 ..WKM Rice etal

3). Star Formation in the Galaxy, An Observational Overview_ 2004 by Charles J. Lada

4). GAIA – Unravelling the Origin and Evolution of Our Galaxy_2000 by M.A.C. Perryman etal

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves
     Reply #1021 - December 06, 2015, 05:49 PM

You still haven't answered how many degrees you have bogart. I take it's none.

Irrelevant but I will answer anyway. I have two at the moment and working on my doctorate. Beside I do not think you even asked me about my degrees. Also keep in mine a degree does not make one an expert on everything but only what the degree specialize in. Even not having a single degree does nothing to show I am wrong as I have provided evidence from those with degrees that verify the heliocentric model daily. I hope you know that citing experts is an acceptable practice in academia. After all you did it with your planet formation tripe. You deny experts when they oppose your view with evidence. Thus you use a double-standard backed by confirmation bias. You only accept the work and views of experts if they agree with your beliefs.

Try again son

*edit*

Found the question which is just a red herring response thus as I said irrelevant and dodging my comment. You have two degrees in what exactly? You keep your degrees vague so no one can even assume your degrees have anything to do with science. You could have a math degree for all I know which is useless in science. You could have a teaching degree which is equally useless in science. You could have an art degree which is useless in science. You use your degrees as an appeal to authority in which you are most likely not an authority in science.
     Reply #1022 - December 06, 2015, 10:07 PM

but dear Ted questions again to you ..
    so let us continue discussing this wonderful subject..

1). Why your God should be "HE?  can we make that as SHE? or better is NO GENDER?

2). Those answers from you  about your god.,  Are they  common to all faith heads of all religions or are they specific to particular religious faith heads?

3). Where is the God that you described above? What is his home place?  Where does your "HE GOD"  stays in this universe that is filled with billions and billions of stars and planets?

with best wishes
    yeezevee

As believers we use the title or references that God tells us to use. We use He or the Almighty or Lord or Father or Allah or God because those are words which we find in scripture or those used by prophets of God. If we use He then does that does not mean God has a gender since God is a being who is not part of creation, he is something that we know through the universe.

What other religions/beliefs describe varies. Some of those may contain some elements are true and some maybe entirely false. I use my own logical reasoning to determine which of those are true and which I deem to be false. I believe we are expected to use our own logical reasoning and intellect to determine what is the truth which is why I believe the prophet Mohammed did not perform any miracles for the people of his time.

God is not like any creation that we know of or can know of. Where he resides is not a valid question. In our reality, to reside somewhere, means that we exist in a certain location for the majority of our time. As God is a being who is not part of creation it's not entirely correct to say that God resides in a certain location.

Reply #1023 - December 06, 2015, 10:18 PM

Irrelevant but I will answer anyway. I have two at the moment and working on my doctorate. Beside I do not think you even asked me about my degrees. Also keep in mine a degree does not make one an expert on everything but only what the degree specialize in. Even not having a single degree does nothing to show I am wrong as I have provided evidence from those with degrees that verify the heliocentric model daily. I hope you know that citing experts is an acceptable practice in academia. After all you did it with your planet formation tripe. You deny experts when they oppose your view with evidence. Thus you use a double-standard backed by confirmation bias. You only accept the work and views of experts if they agree with your beliefs.

Try again son

*edit*

Found the question which is just a red herring response thus as I said irrelevant and dodging my comment. You have two degrees in what exactly? You keep your degrees vague so no one can even assume your degrees have anything to do with science. You could have a math degree for all I know which is useless in science. You could have a teaching degree which is equally useless in science. You could have an art degree which is useless in science. You use your degrees as an appeal to authority in which you are most likely not an authority in science.

I have degrees in Civil Engineering and Computing, what are your degrees in? The question of how many degrees you have is relevant because I can better gauge the level of intelligence, gullibility and naivety. And you're pretty much up there in the gullibility and naivety areas.

Reply #1024 - December 06, 2015, 10:23 PM

Yeez, I don't think you either understood or read those references above. From the first link, it says:

"Whether kilometer-sized planetesimals were formed by sticking and binary collisions or by gravitational instability-or
    both-is a subject of active research."

This translated for your understanding means that "we don't know how planets formed".
     Reply #1025 - December 06, 2015, 11:21 PM

Yeez, I don't think you either understood or read those references above. From the first link, it says:

I read... i read.. i read some and i scan through some dear Ted... ...   but you can read to me .. or we can read together...

"Whether kilometer-sized planetesimals were formed by sticking and binary collisions or by gravitational instability-or both-is a subject of active research."

This translated for your understanding means that "we don't know how planets formed".

Yes indeed many fields are under active and intense research investigations and let me correct a statement   of your's that I crossed out..  "We don't know How exactly planets formed and the mechanisms of planet formation"  and 1000s of scientists/astrophysicists  are exploring that subject .. That sounds  better than what you said..

So what is the problem when some one says or writes "we don't know how planets formed"??  and STOP SAYING YOUR STUPID god as "HE".. your god sounds like dick head ....

for example
    ......We use He or the Almighty or Lord or Father or Allah or God because those are words which we find in scripture or those used by prophets of God. If we use He then does that does not mean God has a gender since God is a being who is not part of creation, he is something that we know through the universe.

You know your types/your ilks KNOW NOTHING ABOUT UNIVERSE.. and there is nothing in not knowing about different subjects., what is important is reading/thinking and learning dear doubeDTed   and let me rewrite rest of  your stuff such as this one...

.What other religions/beliefs describe varies. Some of those may contain some elements are true and some maybe entirely false. I use my own logical reasoning to determine which of those are true and which I deem to be false. I believe we are expected to use our own logical reasoning and intellect to determine what is the truth which is why I believe the prophet Mohammed did not perform any miracles for the people of his time.

God is not like any creation that we know of or can know of. Where he resides is not a valid question. In our reality, to reside somewhere, means that we exist in a certain location for the majority of our time. As God is a being who is not part of creation it's not entirely correct to say that God resides in a certain location.

great .. so where is your hegod located dear Ted and let me rewrite that also and read your words as follows..
    .....We use  SHE or the Shemighty or Lordess or Mother  or AllahShe or God because those are words which we find in scripture in the books written by some cave dwellers  in the name of alleged prophets of alleged god

If we use He or SHE then does that does not mean God has a gender since God is a being who is not part of creation

well that is better and that sounds better dear DOUBLE D Teddy...

Reply #1026 - December 07, 2015, 12:00 AM

I have degrees in Civil Engineering and Computing,

None of which is a science field.

what are your degrees in?

Archaeology which uses historical and scientific methodology

The question of how many degrees you have is relevant because I can better gauge the level of intelligence, gullibility and naivety.

A degree only show an expertise in a specific field. Your engineering and computer degrees are not psychology nor medical so your conclusions are of no merit.

And you're pretty much up there in the gullibility and naivety areas.

Nope considering I have linked specific experiments which show your view was wrong which you have not refuted nor have I produced fallacious arguments. Being called naive by someone prone to such fallacious thinking is meaningless.
     Reply #1027 - December 07, 2015, 12:03 AM

"Whether kilometer-sized planetesimals were formed by sticking and binary collisions or by gravitational instability-or
    both-is a subject of active research."

Which does nothing for your argument from ignorance.
     Reply #1028 - December 07, 2015, 03:09 AM

I didn't claim to the the only person who is right. I've stated my position and have supported it with scientific evidence aswell as logical arguments. If you guys don't understand science or accept logical reasoning then those are your issues.

No, you have not supported your claim with any scientific evidence, and you have not make a logical arguments about Islamic God. In fact, you refused to talk about it. You even claimed that we might know the scripture better because some of us can read Arabic!

What is your scientific evidence of geocentrism? Your "feelings"? The earth feels flat? That is your evidence?

ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE is not evidence of GEOCENTRISM.

I've challenged you guys on the science but you guys either fail to engage in the science experiements and would rather waste time talking nonsense about ow I fail to understand science or you want to discuss my understanding of the Quran.

That was talking nonsense? You DID fail to understand science. How many evidence, papers published to support your scientific views again? None? Then why bother arguing that your position is true, if you can't even publish a single peer-reviewed papers? You want to steal the credits from people who *did* publish paper by twisting their words and meaning. That's not going to happen.

If you don't understand the Quran, then why argue that Islamic God is correct? If you think that talking about Quran is nonsense, why are you a muslim?

I don't believe in (your Islamic) God, but pantheism makes much more sense than creationism. You see where I'm getting at? Even if I did believe in God, I'd still think that your religion is wrong. You need proof that your religion+scripture are right.

How do you think the stars and planets formed? Was it from dust/tiny particles or maybe larger particles or maybe something else?

Even if we still didn't know about it, that is not any different from asking about things that we still know nothing of. There are a lot of things that we still don't know yet, like aliens life or 10000000 other things.

How is that a proof of your God again? How is that a proof that your geocentrism is true?

You keep asking for proofs of planets forming, what is the proofs for geocentrism again? Oh, the earth feels flat? How do you feel about the celestial bodies and their movement again? You feel them moving? Please, this is a joke.

Gods of the gaps argument makes no sense whatsoever. Even if we still don't know about it yet, doesn't mean that what a scripture says is right. You still need to produce the empirical proofs to claim that it's true.

So everything you are, everything that the universe is is a creation of God. I'll leave you to think about the above for now. If it makes sense the let me know and I'll move on.

There you are, babbling this and that without proofs. Again.

1) You claim that an all-powerful, all-knowing God exists.
    2) And this God is apparently the Islamic God.

Literally anyone can make the same claim and create their own religion. Claiming something is true doesn't make it true.

OK I will attempt to explain the concept of God. Maybe it will make sense to you.

For some reason, Ted, you think that what you claimed is somewhat original or something. I thought you're going to have something awesome, but then you copy-pasted the nonsense every single preacher believes. Like, do you really think that we've never heard about something like that from the religious education we get? You still fail where they fail.

I guess that's why it's called the "concept" of God. It's just a concept  Cheesy
     Reply #1029 - December 07, 2015, 07:39 AM

"For some reason, Ted, you think that what you claimed is somewhat original or something. I thought you're going to have something awesome, but then you copy-pasted the nonsense every single preacher believes. Like, do you really think that we've never heard about something like that from the religious education we get? You still fail where they fail."

Did I ever make a claim that what I think about God is something or original? The truth is the truth. Why is copy and pasting the truth wrong? If every preacher is saying what I am saying then what's the matter with you that you don't understand it or can't accept it? Sorry but the believers haven't failed. Our job is just to pass on the message it's up to the non believers to make their own judgement. If the non believers fail to believe then that's between them and God. So please don't think the believers are here to please you.
     Reply #1030 - December 07, 2015, 12:36 PM

No, you have not supported your claim with any scientific evidence, and you have not make a logical arguments about Islamic God. In fact, you refused to talk about it. You even claimed that we might know the scripture better because some of us can read Arabic!

Seems like you're just trolling.
     Reply #1031 - December 07, 2015, 12:41 PM

Which does nothing for your argument from ignorance.

Only someone who doesn't know anything about science could say something like that. Why don't you just explain how planets formed? You give the impression you know science why not prove it? If you can explain this very simple question then I'll accept I'm wrong and you win bogart. I'll accept that the atheists are way more smarter than the believers.

Reply #1032 - December 07, 2015, 12:44 PM

Same goes for you Helaine. Explain to me how planets form. It's the one of the most simplest questions out there. This should be very easy for someone with your level of intelligence.
     Reply #1033 - December 07, 2015, 12:46 PM

None of which is a science field.

Archaeology which uses historical and scientific methodology

A degree only show an expertise in a specific field. Your engineering and computer degrees are not psychology nor medical so your conclusions are of no merit.

Nope considering I have linked specific experiments which show your view was wrong which you have not refuted nor have I produced fallacious arguments. Being called naive by someone prone to such fallacious thinking is meaningless.

You obviously don't understand what kind of study engineering degrees involve.
     Reply #1034 - December 07, 2015, 12:53 PM

I read... i read.. i read some and i scan through some dear Ted... ...   but you can read to me .. Yes indeed many fields are under active and intense research investigations and let me correct a statement   of your's that I crossed out..  "We don't know How exactly planets formed and the mechanisms of planet formation"  and 1000s of scientists/astrophysicists  are exploring that subject .. That sounds  better than what you said..

If you already knew that yeez why did you post those links for? Do you know why the experiments were done, how they were done? Seems like you're just as lost as bogart and Helaine.

I'll give you all the benefit of the doubt. Explain to me how planets form. Simple science question. If you can't answer then accept you don't know the answer and admit it and I'll carry on.
     Reply #1035 - December 07, 2015, 01:24 PM

Same goes for you Helaine. Explain to me how planets form. It's the one of the most simplest questions out there. This should be very easy for someone with your level of intelligence.

Could you do me a favor? Could you quote me one Quranic verse that says anything about planets? Not stars, but planets. Just one verse. I challenge you.
     Reply #1036 - December 07, 2015, 02:04 PM

Explain to me how planets form. Simple science question. If you can't answer then accept you don't know the answer and admit it and I'll carry on.

I don't believe you. I explained how rocks form and you lied and said no one had explained it.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #1037 - December 07, 2015, 02:08 PM

Quod, go back to sleep dude.  Wink
     Reply #1038 - December 07, 2015, 02:09 PM

Could you do me a favor? Could you quote me one Quranic verse that says anything about planets? Not stars, but planets. Just one verse. I challenge you.

http://quran.com/65/12

DR. GHALI
    Allah is He Who created seven heavens, and of the earth their like. Between them the Command keeps coming down, that you may know that Allah is Ever-Determiner over everything and that Allah has already encompassed everything in knowledge.

MUHSIN KHAN
    It is Allah Who has created seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof (i.e. seven). His Command descends between them (heavens and earth), that you may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah surrounds (comprehends) all things in (His) Knowledge.

PICKTHALL
    Allah it is who hath created seven heavens, and of the earth the like thereof. The commandment cometh down among them slowly, that ye may know that Allah is Able to do all things, and that Allah surroundeth all things in knowledge.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
    It is Allah who has created seven heavens and of the earth, the like of them. [His] command descends among them so you may know that Allah is over all things competent and that Allah has encompassed all things in knowledge.

SHAKIR
    Allah is He Who created seven heavens, and of the earth the like of them; the decree continues to descend among them, that you may know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah indeed encompasses all things in (His) knowledge.

YUSUF ALI
    Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His Command: that ye may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah comprehends, all things in (His) Knowledge.
     Reply #1039 - December 07, 2015, 02:19 PM

Also, since you keep forgetting or maybe simply can't understand, the Quran is a confirmation of the Gospel and Old Testament. So it's a bit lame asking for something from the Quran only.
     Reply #1040 - December 07, 2015, 02:25 PM

Again, no mention of planets. The 7 earths referred to in that verse reflects the (erroneous) belief that the Earth is made of 7 layers.
    Al-Tirmidhi
    Narrated AbuHurayrah
    While Allah's Prophet (peace be upon him) and his companions were sitting clouds came over them and Allah's Prophet (peace be upon him) asked, "Do you know what these are?" On their replying that Allah and His Messenger knew best, he said, "These are the clouds (anan), these are the water-carriers of the Earth, which Allah drives to people who do not thank Him or call upon him." He then asked, "Do you know what is above you?" On their replying that Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) knew best, he said, "It is the firmament, a ceiling which is guarded and waves which are kept back." He then asked, "Do you know what is between you and it?" On their replying that Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) knew best, he said, "Between you and it are five hundred years." He then asked, "Do you knew what is above that?" On their replying that Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) best he said, "Two heavens with a distance of five hundred years between them." He went on speaking like that till he counted seven heavens, the distance between each pair being like between Heaven and Earth. He then asked, "Do you know what is above that?" On their replying that Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) knew best, he said, "Above that is the Throne, and the distance between it and the (seventh) heaven is the same as that between each pair of heavens." He then asked, "Do you know what is below you?" On their replying that Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) knew best, he said, "It is the earth." He then asked, "Do you know what is under that?" On their replying that Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him) knew best, he said, "Under it there is another Earth with a journey of five hundred years between them," and so on till he had counted seven earths with a journey of five hundred years between each pair. He then said, "By Him in Whose hand Muhammad's soul is, if you were to drop a rope to the lowest earth it would not pass out of Allah's knowledge." He then recited, "He is the First and the Last, the Outward and the Inward, and He is omniscient." (Tirmidhi commented that Allah's Messenger's recitation of the verse indicates that it would go down within Allah's knowledge, power and authority, for Allah's knowledge, power and authority are everywhere, while He is on the Throne, as He described Himself in His Book.)

I keep forgetting there is no point arguing with you, since you are so ignorant of even the most basic concepts in every field you speak about, one can’t even begin to make a point with you. You don’t even have a foundation to build upon.
     Reply #1041 - December 07, 2015, 02:32 PM

Clearly says of the earth a similar number. If you fail to understand then maybe the problem is with you rather than others?
     Reply #1042 - December 07, 2015, 02:33 PM

The irony... Roll Eyes

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #1043 - December 07, 2015, 02:41 PM

Clearly says of the earth a similar number. If you fail to understand then maybe the problem is with you rather than others?

It actually doesn't say that. It says "Wa min al-Ardhi mithlhunna - And of the earth, like them (the 7 heavens.)”

The Qur’an in multiple places says that the 7 heavens are “layered” (one above the other.)

Surah Nuh, for example, “A lam taraw kayfa khalaqa Allahu saba’a samawaatin tibaaqa – Do you not see how Allah has created 7 heavens in layers, one above the other?”

So, for this verse to come and say that the Earth is created “mithluhunna – like them ( the heavens)” reflects the idea that the earth was also created in 7 layers. This was the opinion of everyone who heard or read this verse, including Muhammad himself as I quoted above, until Ted came along. But let me guess, Ted also has a degree in Qur’anic Arabic and tafsir. Roll Eyes
     Reply #1044 - December 07, 2015, 02:58 PM

Ted comes up with a silly Quran verse for his silly claims on Modern Astrophysics of origins of universe....

http://quran.com/65/12

DR. GHALI
    Allah is He Who created seven heavens, and of the earth their like. Between them the Command keeps coming down, that you may know that Allah is Ever-Determiner over everything and that Allah has already encompassed everything in knowledge.

MUHSIN KHAN
    It is Allah Who has created seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof (i.e. seven). His Command descends between them (heavens and earth), that you may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah surrounds (comprehends) all things in (His) Knowledge.

PICKTHALL
    Allah it is who hath created seven heavens, and of the earth the like thereof. The commandment cometh down among them slowly, that ye may know that Allah is Able to do all things, and that Allah surroundeth all things in knowledge.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
    It is Allah who has created seven heavens and of the earth, the like of them. [His] command descends among them so you may know that Allah is over all things competent and that Allah has encompassed all things in knowledge.

SHAKIR
    Allah is He Who created seven heavens, and of the earth the like of them; the decree continues to descend among them, that you may know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah indeed encompasses all things in (His) knowledge.

YUSUF ALI
    Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His Command: that ye may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah comprehends, all things in (His) Knowledge.

Also, since you keep forgetting or maybe simply can't understand, the Quran is a confirmation of the Gospel and Old Testament. So it's a bit lame asking for something from the Quran only.

Teddy...Ted,   Double DTed...    dear Ted,  all those silly books were written by cave dweller of their time. That goes to these so-called Abrahamic religions and rest of the stupid faiths and faith heads that gets Modern science out of those silly hand waving statements.. So my suggestion to you spend your time in the field of Computer applications or in your civil engineering..  

Now saying that,  why did you pick up a verse from that Surah At-Talaq??? .. Hope you know what it is saying.  It is about Divorce..

Anyways there is a better verse in support of  your claims on Astrophysics and it comes from Surah Al-Anaam .. The Cattle Surah..  sounds like Surah for Cattle .. read it

006.102  That is Allah, your Lord, there is no god but He; the Creator of all things, therefore serve Him, and He has charge of all things.

that is a better one.. it includes everything dear DoubleD Ted.., ..EVERYTHING ....Allah creates everything and controls everything.   Incidentally  you will find that hand waving statement in every religion and in the brains of every faith head..   So use that..

with best wishes..
    yeezevee

Reply #1045 - December 07, 2015, 03:07 PM

Thanks yeez but please concentrate on figuring out what causes planets and stars to form. I'll forget that you had promised to get back to me on the first challenge you took about that calculation. I'll just accept that maths is not a strong area for you.
     Reply #1046 - December 07, 2015, 03:09 PM

To be honest I don't know arabic so you probably have a much better understanding of the words if you know the arabic.

Welp, there you go.

What's that got to do with your Islamic God? We were talking about evolution before, and you conceded on that. Apparently that doesn't matter. What's the point? Are we going to talk about blackholes next? Will this ever end?

Really Ted, why do you keep on using the same Gods of the Gaps argument? If we were all still cavemen and know nothing about science, do you think that it would make your god true just because none of us would be able to explain even the most basic things like rain?

You still haven't produced a single proof to support your Islamic God.

Geocentrism isn't a proof of your God. Neither is lack of scientific evidence/knowledge an evidence of God.

Did I ever make a claim that what I think about God is something or original? The truth is the truth.

You can bark that to a tree outside your house on regular basis, still doesn't make it true.

Anyone can make random claims. Anyone can claim to be a prophet.

At this point, it's quite obvious that you know very little about Islam. You can't use the bible to supplement Islam, because Quran is already perfect and bible is corrupted. You don't need anything else but the Quran. If the Quran isn't enough, then God says nothing about it. That's it.

(There's also hadiths)
     Reply #1047 - December 07, 2015, 03:25 PM

Can you tell us about your exegetical qualifications, Ted? Who did you study under, and did they survive the experience of teaching you with their sanity intact? How many years did it take you to transcend the language barrier and understand the Qur'an without actually learning Arabic? I mean, whoever gave you lessons in balaghah clearly failed, translation or no translation, so I'd ask for my money back if I were you..

Or is it - as usual - that you know best, and what Islamic scholars have had to say over the centuries means.. precisely nothing to you, because you have little to no idea about what they have said? Say it ain't so, Ted. Say it ain't so.
     Reply #1048 - December 07, 2015, 03:27 PM

It actually doesn't say that. It says "Wa min al-Ardhi mithlhunna - And of the earth, like them (the 7 heavens.)”

The Qur’an in multiple places says that the 7 heavens are “layered” (one above the other.)

Surah Nuh, for example, “A lam taraw kayfa khalaqa Allahu saba’a samawaatin tibaaqa – Do you not see how Allah has created 7 heavens in layers, one above the other?”

So, for this verse to come and say that the Earth is created “mithluhunna – like them ( the heavens)” reflects the idea that the earth was also created in 7 layers. This was the opinion of everyone who heard or read this verse, including Muhammad himself as I quoted above, until Ted came along. But let me guess, Ted also has a degree in Qur’anic Arabic and tafsir. Roll Eyes

Sorry but I humbly disagree. The verse clearly says that God created the seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof. This what all the translations from quran.com pretty much agree on. It seems it's you who is not interpreting correctly. The hadiths, as you already know, are not reliable. My understanding is that below the earth's crust there is water rather than more layers of earth. The earth's crust is floating on a huge ocean/body of water. There is far more water under the earths crust than what is on top of it. The only thing keeping the earth's crust steady are the mountains. Hence why the Quran refers to them as "pegs". This explains why we have land tides and why some earthquakes produce a ripple or wave effect. This will be proven by science shortly. Keep an eye on it - you heard it here first  Wink.
     Reply #1049 - December 07, 2015, 03:29 PM

Can you tell us about your exegetical qualifications, Ted? Who did you study under, and did they survive the experience of teaching you with their sanity intact? How many years did it take you to transcend the language barrier and understand the Qur'an without actually learning Arabic? I mean, whoever gave you lessons in balaghah clearly failed, translation or no translation, so I'd ask for my money back if I were you..

Or is it - as usual - that you know best, and what Islamic scholars have had to say over the centuries means.. precisely nothing to you, because you have little to no idea about what they have said? Say it ain't so, Ted. Say it ain't so.

I know best.
  • Previous page 1 ... 33 34 3536 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »