Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves

(Read 162579 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 32 33 3435 36 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves
     Reply #990 - December 03, 2015, 02:33 PM

Now all I can think of is Billy Goat Gruff. Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves
     Reply #991 - December 03, 2015, 03:39 PM

Not really. The science proves that we are in fact created. That there is no natural explanation for the stars, planets and many of the phenomena observed on the earth like weather and sea levels being stable. Which points to God.

Argument from ignorance and god of the gaps. Science has not "proven" what you claim. Science does not prove anything itself as it is not math. Sure it does not have answers for a lot of things but this does not make your assertion correct what so ever. I know you do not understand science since sea levels are rising rather than stable. You also demonstrate you can not think nor form arguments without fallacious reasoning. The problem with your fallacious reasoning is if a field of science figures out a natural cause of X, Y or Z then you argument becomes smaller and smaller turning into a God of the Gaps argument. Also people do understand weather to a level that there is an expert on every news channel. They understand it enough to predict weather patterns days in advance.

Science must be hard for you since you have no idea what science is nor some of the fields within it you discuss such as weather....
     Reply #992 - December 03, 2015, 04:37 PM

Oh well Yeez, I guess it's still something beyond your level of understanding. Nevermind  Roll Eyes.

Oh common Ted., It is not just that.,  Not only what you are saying that I don't understand but there are plenty of things around me .. above me..below me.....inside me.. inside you.. inside a rat...  that are way beyond the level of my understanding..

So that is not a big deal.,

what is big deal is discussing, debating, trying to question  our own opinions and opinions of pin heads with chicken brains...

what is big deal is trying to put our legs in to their shoes and asking them to put their legs in our shoes.. And we have to do all this with resorting to insults and violence..

So the point here is.,  we got to keep the golden rule  in front of our eyes  and then stick to our guns.. Please continue to make me understand your god.. THE GOD... THE THINGY...

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #993 - December 03, 2015, 04:40 PM

"there is no natural explanation for the stars, planets and many of the phenomena observed on the earth like weather and sea levels being stable"

umm.. yeah there actually is.. perhaps take a basic class in science?

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
     Reply #994 - December 03, 2015, 08:52 PM

Great, we have a someone who knows science. Please explain to me how stars/planets form initially.
     Reply #995 - December 03, 2015, 08:54 PM

"Please explain to me how stars/planets form initially."

That would make a great google search. I think those who believe in God feel somewhat entitled and think everyone owes them an explanation.

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
     Reply #996 - December 03, 2015, 09:00 PM

What's life like down under that bridge, ted? I'd assume it's getting cold by now. Though I guess you could use the money you demand from the passers by up top to buy yourself a nice heater.

It's crowded with all these ex-muslims.
     Reply #997 - December 03, 2015, 09:02 PM

Argument from ignorance and god of the gaps. Science has not "proven" what you claim. Science does not prove anything itself as it is not math. Sure it does not have answers for a lot of things but this does not make your assertion correct what so ever. I know you do not understand science since sea levels are rising rather than stable. You also demonstrate you can not think nor form arguments without fallacious reasoning. The problem with your fallacious reasoning is if a field of science figures out a natural cause of X, Y or Z then you argument becomes smaller and smaller turning into a God of the Gaps argument. Also people do understand weather to a level that there is an expert on every news channel. They understand it enough to predict weather patterns days in advance.

Science must be hard for you since you have no idea what science is nor some of the fields within it you discuss such as weather....

I have 2 degrees, how many do you have?
     Reply #998 - December 03, 2015, 09:06 PM

"Please explain to me how stars/planets form initially."

That would make a great google search. I think those who believe in God feel somewhat entitled and think everyone owes them an explanation.

Oh, I thought you already knew the answer using your basic knowledge of science. I guess you're just another lame atheist who when he is educated in something will simply say scientists are still working it out, etc...
     Reply #999 - December 04, 2015, 04:48 AM

"And when the ignorant address you, tell them 'Peace'"

So what is your whole point and tirade of trying to tell people that "God" exists? After you prove it with your "scientific/philosophical" approach, what do you hope that people will start doing?

I'm new here, so I'm not sure what you are.. Are you a Muslim? If you are, what do you hope to gain? You want people to start praying 5 times a day?

I need to have this defined because why on earth would anybody waste time if your belief in god is not defined?

Reply #1000 - December 04, 2015, 09:07 AM

Sorry but your questions are rather irrelevant. You claimed that basic science explains the formation of stars and planets. Either retract that claim or explain it.

You seem to be the typical person who thinks they understand science simply because they believe everything in the media. Try understanding science properly and then judging what the media is reporting to you.
     Reply #1001 - December 04, 2015, 09:20 AM

This is the last time I'm addressing you, Teddy.

"Sorry but your questions are rather irrelevant."

Why is my question of asking how you define God an irrelevant one? You have a purpose to be on this forum, do you not? If you're trying to prove that the flying spaghetti monster god exists, then I need to know, so that I do not waste time.

"You seem to be the typical person who thinks they understand science simply because they believe everything in the media"

ok so you make an assumption that I'm a typical person... Now you blame the media just like a typical muslim or a "truther/hippy."

Now I see your trolling methods.. Bravo.

Reply #1002 - December 04, 2015, 09:26 AM

It's irrelevant because we are talking about science not about belief. It's possible to test the science but it's difficult to objectively test belief in God.

Does that make sense to you? If you think I'm trolling feel free to ignore my comments.
     Reply #1003 - December 04, 2015, 09:34 AM

You're just silly bogart. Try putting some effort in and using that brain you've been gifted with.

"The problem with your fallacious reasoning is if a field of science figures out a natural cause of X, Y or Z then you argument becomes smaller and smaller turning into a God of the Gaps argument."

The above is nonsense. The more we learn in a field of science the more questions are raised. Take quantum mechanics for example or astronomy or biology, etc. Seems as though you just like parroting things that other scientists have said. I think it was Neil deGrasse Tyson said something like this. He is wrong. Ask him again and he'll have probably changed his mind.
     Reply #1004 - December 04, 2015, 09:34 AM

Seems like you just don't want to answer the question. ok.

That's all I wanted to know, really.

I really don't talk to creationists who have no religion..  whistling2

Reply #1005 - December 04, 2015, 12:17 PM

Check the link in the first page to the one on one where I try to explain things to him.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #1006 - December 04, 2015, 01:15 PM

Oh common Ted., It is not just that.,  Not only what you are saying that I don't understand but there are plenty of things around me .. above me..below me.....inside me.. inside you.. inside a rat...  that are way beyond the level of my understanding..

So that is not a big deal.,

what is big deal is discussing, debating, trying to question  our own opinions and opinions of pin heads with chicken brains...

what is big deal is trying to put our legs in to their shoes and asking them to put their legs in our shoes.. And we have to do all this with resorting to insults and violence..

So the point here is.,  we got to keep the golden rule  in front of our eyes  and then stick to our guns.. Please continue to make me understand your god.. THE GOD... THE THINGY...

with best wishes
    yeezevee

I agree. The good, intelligent people will discuss in a civilised manner. If they differ in opinion, they will politely agree to disagree or simply state they are not convinced yet.

The foolish, ignorant ones will ridicule and resort to mocking. For example changing avatar pics and signatures...

Yeez, like many others, you are heavily influenced by what you see other people do, say and think. I personally think you need to learn to take a step back and think objectively without any bias. You see and hear what religious people are doing and may become angry and blame the religion. You see and hear what atheists are doing and feel that they are more rational and intelligent.

What's being forgotten is the question of what is the truth. What is fact. What is real and what it is that really matters.  This world contains many similitudes and examples to help us learn and understand the truth and God.

Reply #1007 - December 04, 2015, 04:25 PM

Check the link in the first page to the one on one where I try to explain things to him.

I did. You gave him way too much credit to think you could influence him to think. I've come across people like him. Best to ignore or else they'll hurt you.

Debating in general is very dumb in my opinion. If you check out Krauss vs. Tsortzis you will see why. Krauss illustrates that people will suck you into some fluffy philosophical argument for an hour and a half, and it achieves nothing. Discussion is much better.

Debates are entertaining and people learn a lot.. But they're not always ideal.

Reply #1008 - December 04, 2015, 04:26 PM

In mine you got to enjoy tales of ancient goddesses and dragons. yes

Reply #1009 - December 04, 2015, 05:38 PM

I agree. The good, intelligent people will discuss in a civilised manner. If they differ in opinion, they will politely agree to disagree or simply state they are not convinced yet.

The foolish, ignorant ones will ridicule and resort to mocking. For example changing avatar pics and signatures...

No..No.. Take the mocking out dear Ted., I DO THAT MOCKING ALL THE TIME.. and yes I see you changing  avatar ..,   As far as yeezevee is concerned .,  I am .. I was and I will be yeezevee all the time since the beginning of the internet  to the end of the life..

Yeez, like many others, you are heavily influenced by what you see other people do, say and think.

Off course I carefully observe everything in my life and what others do around me.,  NO.... I WILL NOT GET INFLUENCED BY OTHERS OR RELIGIOUS BUMS OR RELIGIOUS BOOKS..
    I personally think you need to learn to take a step back and think objectively without any bias. You see and hear what religious people are doing and may become angry and blame the religion.

I take my steps back as well as forward dear Ted., and yes I do  hear what religious people  say and what they did and what they are doing   SINCE THE DAWN OF HUMAN RACE.  and I would consider them as fools with Stagnated brains/mindset  at worst or FAITHE HEADS at best..

You see and hear what atheists are doing and feel that they are more rational and intelligent.

Yes they are more rational and intelligent than religious bums and you can argue and influence them  unlike "BOOKS SAID SO" religious bums. I keep my options open to question everything..

What's being forgotten is the question of what is the truth.

No that is NOT forgotten.,  again I Keep the options open to question even if it is proven 99.9% correct

What is fact. What is real and what it is that really matters.

Indeed.. Very few will disagree with you there
     This world contains many similitudes and examples to help us learn and understand the truth and God.  

let me delete your word "God"

Truth is OK.,  but what is god? what is your god? what is the meaning of god? whom do you consider as god in your neck of the world dear Teddy?

So Ted.. Please continue  and watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn_i3RxGGTk

Reply #1010 - December 04, 2015, 08:14 PM

You're just silly bogart. Try putting some effort in and using that brain you've been gifted with.

I already did by showing your view is based on ignorance, willingly ignoring data that shows your view is from and fallacious reasoning.

The above is nonsense. The more we learn in a field of science the more questions are raised. Take quantum mechanics for example or astronomy or biology, etc. Seems as though you just like parroting things that other scientists have said. I think it was Neil deGrasse Tyson said something like this. He is wrong. Ask him again and he'll have probably changed his mind.

Nope. You produced an argument from ignorance. As you said since we can not at this time explain X, Y and Z it must be due to your assertion. You never showed your assertion to be correct on it's own merit but due to other peoples inability to explain causes to your satisfaction. All you have done is repeat the argument from ignorance. Also you showed you have no idea what you are talking about since an argument from ignorance is based upon philosophy and logic not science. Maybe enroll in a logic 101 course to find out your mistakes.  Beside all you have done is repeat outdated ideas from religion which have been falsified by ignoring the science you claim to follow.

As I have no need to talk to Tyson since I never mentioned him, his views, nor anything he said. You are producing a strawman. You also ignore the fact that science is inductive thus can change while your view is based on deduction. Once shown to be wrong you conclusion collapses as per your geocentric tripe. You view is untenable without willfully ignoring evidence against your view.

http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/ignorance.html

Amusing to say the least. Try again son.
     Reply #1011 - December 04, 2015, 08:22 PM

I personally think you need to learn to take a step back and think objectively without any bias. You see and hear what religious people are doing and may become angry and blame the religion. You see and hear what atheists are doing and feel that they are more rational and intelligent.

Take your own advice. Wait you cant since it makes your views untenable, ignore away so you can maintain your ideology based on misinformation and a failure to be without bias and objectivity

What's being forgotten is the question of what is the truth. What is fact. What is real and what it is that really matters.  This world contains many similitudes and examples to help us learn and understand the truth and God.

Religious rhetoric used as a vain attempt to side step the issues that your views are wrong.

Reply #1012 - December 05, 2015, 02:05 AM

Ted, ted.

"They are not convinced yet". But you ARE already convinced. You are convinced that you are on the side of the truth and we're all strayed away. You see? You are not even intelligent by your own admission.

The foolish, ignorant ones will ridicule and resort to mocking. For example, mocking every single person who disagrees with "If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you are stupid and you don't know science. It's not worth my time talking to the likes of you." Welp. You are foolish by your own admission!

Once again with the truth. Why do you think you're the only one who has it right, Ted? Any proofs to support your theory?

The more we learn in a field of science the more questions are raised. Take quantum mechanics for example or astronomy or biology, etc.

The more we learn in a field of science, the more answer we learn about the universe. We cover larger base of knowledge now, people in the past didn't even know about quantum mechanics. The gaps is getting smaller. That's how it's going to be to the end of humanity with science.

It's funny that you ask scientists to explain how the universe work to you - and then you claim that Islamic God is the truth. Have the Islamic God produce empirical evidence of how the universe works? No? Then why do you keep parroting about it being "ze truth"? Laying claims about knowing all-knowing God doesn't mean all-knowing God exist. It doesn't even mean that God actually exist.

You want science explained to you, not in  the way most scientists interpret it - but in the way you understand it. Too bad the world doesn't exist in your bubble, Ted.
     Reply #1013 - December 06, 2015, 09:29 AM

Helaine,

Sorry bt you're not aking much sense. Of course I'm convinced I'm on the side of truth. If I wasn't convinced it would be silly of me to say the tings I've said so far. You guys are obviously not convinced that's why you're in the non believing camp at the moment. Why are you stating the obvious?

I didn't claim to the the only person who is right. I've stated my position and have supported it with scientific evidence aswell as logical arguments. If you guys don't understand science or accept logical reasoning then those are your issues.

I've challenged you guys on the science but you guys either fail to engage in the science experiements and would rather waste time talking nonsense about ow I fail to understand science or you want to discuss my understanding of the Quran.

Maybe you are different to the other silly people on tis forum and have some understanding of science. So I'll try have a science discussion with you.

How do you think the stars and planets formed? Was it from dust/tiny particles or maybe larger particles or maybe something else?

Reply #1014 - December 06, 2015, 09:30 AM

Take your own advice. Wait you cant since it makes your views untenable, ignore away so you can maintain your ideology based on misinformation and a failure to be without bias and objectivity

Religious rhetoric used as a vain attempt to side step the issues that your views are wrong.

You still haven't answered how many degrees you have bogart. I take it's none.
     Reply #1015 - December 06, 2015, 10:10 AM

Truth is OK.,  but what is god? what is your god? what is the meaning of god? whom do you consider as god in your neck of the world dear Teddy?

OK I will attempt to explain the concept of God. Maybe it will make sense to you.

God is a real being who is all powerful. All powerful meaning that he has control over everything in existence. Whether it is stars, planets, atoms, quarks, light,

etc. He also has control over subjective things such as love, hate, happiness, thoughts, dreams, etc. To clarify - subjective means

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/subjective

"existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective )."

God is all knowing. All knowing meaning that he knows about everything in existence in both the physical reality and subjective reality.

God created the universe. Everything in the universe whether it be stars, planets, light, darkness, atoms, gravity, physical forces, all the processes by which

everything in the universe interacts with one another.

God also created our subjective reality. Things like love, hate, death, life, pain, sadness, madness, intellect, confusion, dreams, languages, numbers, morality, what is justice/injustice, what is

mockery, what is honour, dignity, etc. Everything that's in our minds is also a creation of God. Just as there are limits, boundaries and processes in the physical

world we also have the same in the subjective reality in our minds. For example, how we treat family, friends, enemies, strangers how we grow and learn about ourselves

and the universe.

When people question how there can be evil in the world if there is God or that there could be a thousands gods then they are just being silly because they don't understand the concept of God.

So everything you are, everything that the universe is is a creation of God. We only know about God through the limited senses and abilities given to us. We have

sight, smell, touch, taste, hearing and the ability to learn and understand. Because our senses our limited we can only learn and understand about God a limited

amount. So what we know about God is only a small subset of what God actually is.

I'll leave you to think about the above for now. If it makes sense the let me know and I'll move on.
     Reply #1016 - December 06, 2015, 10:50 AM

good..good.. fantastic answers  from 2 degrees Ted....  

Hello Ted I guess you have clubbed all answers together to my questions.. but they are NOT clear.

OK I will attempt to explain the concept of God.   May be it will  may make sense to you.
    God is a real being who is all powerful. All powerful meaning that he has control over everything in existence. Whether it is stars, planets, atoms, quarks, light,

etc. He also has control over subjective things such as love, hate, happiness, thoughts, dreams, etc. To clarify - subjective means

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/subjective

"existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective )."

God is all knowing. All knowing meaning that he knows about everything in existence in both the physical reality and subjective reality.

God created the universe. Everything in the universe whether it be stars, planets, light, darkness, atoms, gravity, physical forces, all the processes by which

everything in the universe interacts with one another.

God also created our subjective reality. Things like love, hate, death, life, pain, sadness, madness, intellect, confusion, dreams, languages, numbers, morality, what is justice/injustice, what is

mockery, what is honour, dignity, etc. Everything that's in our minds is also a creation of God. Just as there are limits, boundaries and processes in the physical

world we also have the same in the subjective reality in our minds. For example, how we treat family, friends, enemies, strangers how we grow and learn about ourselves

and the universe.

When people question how there can be evil in the world if there is God or that there could be a thousands gods then they are just being silly because they don't understand the concept of God.

So everything you are, everything that the universe is is a creation of God. We only know about God through the limited senses and abilities given to us. We have

sight, smell, touch, taste, hearing and the ability to learn and understand. Because our senses our limited we can only learn and understand about God a limited

amount. So what we know about God is only a small subset of what God actually is.

I'll leave you to think about the above for now. If it makes sense the let me know and I'll move on.

So 2degreeTed., let me delete that STUPID WORD "WILL"  and let me rewrite my questions and your  answers together to make it readable

Yeez Q:     what is god? what is your god? what is the meaning of god? whom do you consider as god in your neck of the world dear Teddy?

2degrees Ted Ans:  God is a real being who is all powerful. All powerful meaning that he has control over everything in existence. Whether it is stars, planets, atoms, quarks, light, etc...,  He also has control over subjective things such as love, hate, happiness, thoughts, dreams, etc{{ the word subjective  def at   this link}}

God is all knowing. All knowing meaning that he knows about everything in existence in both the physical reality and subjective reality. God created the universe. Everything in the universe whether it be stars, planets, light, darkness, atoms, gravity, physical forces, all the processes by which everything in the universe interacts with one another.

God also created our subjective reality. Things like love, hate, death, life, pain, sadness, madness, intellect, confusion, dreams, languages, numbers, morality, what is justice/injustice, what is  mockery, what is honour, dignity, etc. Everything that's in our minds is also a creation of God. Just as there are limits, boundaries and processes in the physical  world we also have the same in the subjective reality in our minds. For example, how we treat family, friends, enemies, strangers how we grow and learn about ourselves  and the universe.

So everything you are, everything that the universe is is a creation of God. We only know about God through the limited senses and abilities given to us. We have  sight, smell, touch, taste, hearing and the ability to learn and understand. Because our senses our limited we can only learn and understand about God a limited amount. So what we know about God is only a small subset of what God actually is.

OK... that looks better now.,

Ted I cancelled your words because people who ask questions are NOT silly. In fact people who do not ask questions are silly stupids with stagnated mindset.   I CONSIDER YOU AS NOT A STUPID .. NOT SILLY AND YOU DON'T HAVE STAGNATED MINDSET .. because you are asking questions.

so again people who ask questions ate NOT silly dear Ted..

No ..No.. don't leave.,  what you say does NOT make sense and i will think about it so we will continue debating dear Ted..

Good answers Ted., So For you    God  is "He" and "God is a real being who is all powerful. All powerful meaning that he has control over everything in existence"

but dear Ted questions again to you ..

1). Why your God should be "HE?  can we make that as SHE? or better is NO GENDER?

2). Those answers from you  about your god.,  Are they  common to all faith heads of all religions or are they specific to particular religious faith heads?

3). Where is the God that you described above? What is his home place?  Where does your "HE GOD"  stays in this universe that is filled with billions and billions of stars and planets?

so let us continue discussing this wonderful subject..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #1017 - December 06, 2015, 11:26 AM

Hamsters are evil, Ted.

Reply #1018 - December 06, 2015, 11:35 AM

Hamsters are evil, Ted.

Nooooooooooooo   Cry Cry Cry Cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNf-IGmxElI

Reply #1019 - December 06, 2015, 11:38 AM

Cheesy

• Previous page 1 ... 32 33 3435 36 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »