Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves

(Read 162561 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 28 29 3031 32 ... 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves
     Reply #870 - September 09, 2015, 09:51 AM

Ted, you realise you'e just argued that science doesn't deal in proofs and facts right? Grin

OK, you can go back to sleep now.
  • Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves
     Reply #871 - September 09, 2015, 10:03 AM

Do you realise that?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #872 - September 09, 2015, 10:34 AM

I don't think there's any point in taking this any further. Going to be too much hard work. I'll call it quits.

I understand reading what you link must be hard especially when it has specific parameters for specific time references while my source covers period in which your specific parameters are not applicable. Nor that specific examples in relation to NASA further reinforce my view.
     Reply #873 - September 09, 2015, 03:25 PM

Adios,

Since I have been Restricted in this forum and am unable to even create my own topics I can't see much point in me hanging around here. Not that I was planning on spending much time here anyway as it was taking too much of my time.

I was planning on creating a new topic on how there is no punishment for apostasy mentioned in the Quran but the following link does a great job of explaining it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kashif-n-chaudhry/does-the-koran-endorse-ap_b_5539236.html

In the Quran God says he guides who he wills and if God does not guide someone then no one else can guide them. On top of that God can misguide people. My understanding of this is that if you make yourself a good person ie you don't lie, cheat, keep yourself clean, be humble, caring, compassionate then God will guide you. However if you're the opposite then God may misguide you. This applies to both believers and non-believers as I believe there are plenty of non-believers who are great people and genuinely can't understand God and religion especially when they see the behaviour of the religious ones.

So in short make yourself into a great person if you are not already so.

I realise there are some things that seem wrong in the Quran science-wise. Such as geocentrism or where the "male seed" originates from. I believe things like this will make more sense as we learn more. However even when people are presented with irrefutable scientific evidence of God that's not necessarily going to help them. You still have to be a good person to get into heaven. People forget that the Quran give more warnings about hellfire to the believers than it does to non-believers. The believers are not saved simply because they believe they have to work for it.

Everyone needs people, we have been designed this way. We can't overcome it. Without people life is not worth living. This is one of the blessings of God and it's something many don't appreciate or they take it for granted. Hence after believing in God the next best thing is being righteous to others. Hence we are expected to be forgiving and understanding to others just as we would expect them to be to us.

All I can say is that for many many believers God is very real. It's not something we have made up in our minds. We know God exists. Maybe some of you will understand that one day.

Until maybe next time I bid you all farewell and best wishes for the future.
     Reply #874 - September 09, 2015, 03:30 PM

[s]Adios,

Since I have been Restricted in this forum and am unable to even create my own topics I can't see much point in me hanging around here. Not that I was planning on spending much time here anyway as it was taking too much of my time.

I was planning on creating a new topic on how there is no punishment for apostasy mentioned in the Quran but the following link does a great job of explaining it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kashif-n-chaudhry/does-the-koran-endorse-ap_b_5539236.html

In the Quran God says he guides who he wills and if God does not guide someone then no one else can guide them. On top of that God can misguide people. My understanding of this is that if you make yourself a good person ie you don't lie, cheat, keep yourself clean, be humble, caring, compassionate then God will guide you. However if you're the opposite then God may misguide you. This applies to both believers and non-believers as I believe there are plenty of non-believers who are great people and genuinely can't understand God and religion especially when they see the behaviour of the religious ones.

I realise there are some things that seem wrong in the Quran science-wise. Such as geocentrism or where the "male seed" originates from. I believe things like this will make more sense as we learn more. However even when people are presented with irrefutable scientific evidence of God that's not necessarily going to help them. You still have to be a good person to get into heaven. People forget that the Quran give more warnings about hellfire to the believers than it does to non-believers. The believers are not saved simply because they believe they have to work for it.

Everyone needs people, we have been designed this way. We can't overcome it. Without people life is not worth living. This is one of the blessings of God and it's something many don't appreciate or they take it for granted. Hence after believing in God the next best thing is being righteous to others. Hence we are expected to be forgiving and understanding to others just as we would expect them to be to us. [/s]

All I can say is that for many many believers God is very real. It's not something we have made up in our minds. We know God exists. ..................

Ted "GET WELL FROM YOUR god disease"  I know your god exists in your brain .. and I fully support your freedom to believe in your god

But Ted Get Well soon .. see you later

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #875 - September 09, 2015, 03:31 PM

I'm still happy to continue the one on one if/when you get back. Afro

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #876 - September 09, 2015, 03:32 PM

Adios,

Reply #877 - September 09, 2015, 03:53 PM

Hey, i think you are still able to create threads Ted, just not comment on others..  ?  not entirely sure.
     Reply #878 - September 09, 2015, 04:31 PM

Hmmm.....Well...
         too little time too much work............  Ted join me..  or i will join you

Reply #879 - September 09, 2015, 04:36 PM

Adios,

Everyone needs people, we have been designed this way. We can't overcome it. Without people life is not worth living. This is one of the blessings of God and it's something many don't appreciate or they take it for granted. Hence after believing in God the next best thing is being righteous to others. Hence we are expected to be forgiving and understanding to others just as we would expect them to be to us.

All I can say is that for many many believers God is very real. It's not something we have made up in our minds. We know God exists. Maybe some of you will understand that one day.

Until maybe next time I bid you all farewell and best wishes for the future.

Hey, Ted.

I’m honestly quite sorry that you are struggling to cope with your ideas of God and your belief in hell. I’m not making light of the situation, because I do understand what the fear of being tortured eternally for one’s own thoughts and convictions can do to a man.

I personally do not know if a god actually exists, nor can I force myself to believe in things I simply find unbelievable. All I have in this world are the limited faculties of observation and reasoning, and all I can do is maneuver along according to what those senses actually tell me.

If indeed there does turn out to be a god, then she must understand this fully. If it intends to torture us for the convictions of our minds and the wavering of our hearts, then she can be neither just nor merciful. In such a case, I do stand by my decision to refuse to worship such a monster. He would not deserve it.

And if he is indeed Most Gracious and Most Merciful, and if life is indeed a test, then I can only conclude that the stories of heaven and hell were only there as trials for us to ultimately overcome. If there is some other world out there, full of towering palm trees and beneath which rivers flow, then I don’t think it would rightfully be populated by those who would be content with the eternal torture of their fellow man. Instead, if humans are indeed meant to inherit such a paradise, then we would only be able to live happily therein with mutual respect, liberty, compassion, and cooperation. Until we learn to do that, then maybe we do just deserve whatever hell we end up creating for ourselves here on earth.
     Reply #880 - September 09, 2015, 05:42 PM

Come back when you have evidence with arguments not based on your own ignorance and lack of education, Ted. Go back to high school and finish it. Maybe it will give you the self-esteem you need your religion for.
     Reply #881 - September 10, 2015, 07:23 AM

I see where you are coming from but you've only scratched the surface. There's more to it than you read. I wouldn't expect someone with your background to have good knowledge of this area. I'm sure if you put the research in you'd understand where I'm coming from.

Are you serious? At this point, it is obvious that you're just making stuff up as you go along.

What is your background Ted? You don't even understand middle school biology and physics, now you are questioning other people's background?

Projection! Projection! Projection!

I realise there are some things that seem wrong in the Quran science-wise. Such as geocentrism or where the "male seed" originates from. I believe things like this will make more sense as we learn more.

So you just admitted that you have blind faith! You have nothing to support your argument - just wishful thinking.

However even when people are presented with irrefutable scientific evidence of God that's not necessarily going to help them.

This is what conmen will say. You have no evidence to support your lies, so now you are trying to cover the big, gaping holes in your arguments by arguing everything that have nothing to do with your faith.

People forget that the Quran give more warnings about hellfire to the believers than it does to non-believers. The believers are not saved simply because they believe they have to work for it.

This is stupid.
    First, nonbelievers don't read Quran.
    Second, everywhere in Quran says that believers are always better. Nonbelievers get automatic eternal hell.

Ted, you are preaching here.

What makes you think that you are better than people in here? Seriously you are the most arrogant person I have ever seen.

Projecting hard now, eh?

Agnostic God =/= Islamic God. Even if God exists, doesn't make it Allah. Your religion isn't true just because someone 1400 years ago claimed that he talked to God - where he couldn't be seen.

God =/= Creator God. There are many other concept of God that doesn't involve creationism. Panentheism (Sikh) or Hinduism' universe concept are both drastically different from Abrahamic God.

Islam =/= Truth. You have no argument for your religion, or even your God. When asked for proof, you just dodge, weasel your way out - change the topic - do everything you can to NOT answer the question.

You are trying to live in imaginary world because you can't handle reality. I don't see how you have any qualification to preach to anyone here. You are the one who need help.

Also:
    I don’t think it would rightfully be populated by those who would be content with the eternal torture of their fellow man.

I agree much with this. The main reason I dislike exclusivity in Abrahamic religion is the lack of compassion. Abrahamic God is a sadistic psycopath created by political leaders to achieve their goal.
     Reply #882 - September 13, 2015, 12:08 PM

You're trolling.
     Reply #883 - September 13, 2015, 07:40 PM

You're trolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjKJ92b9Y04

"true ethics comes from atheism, religion is pseudo-morals through and through"  .....................Ted some one wrote that

Reply #884 - September 13, 2015, 08:21 PM

Ted, would you be interested in calling into the Jinn&Tonic Show?

Reply #885 - September 13, 2015, 10:49 PM

Ted, would you be interested in calling into the Jinn&Tonic Show?

QSE  you are a very cruel gy.,  why QSE??   why are you sending Ted to that show? you think the insults from CEMB folks are not sufficient?...  Instead of going to that show, It is better for him to watch the tubes like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i08oZmUXZ4

Reply #886 - October 22, 2015, 08:22 AM

Einstein was wrong - this is just the beginning of the end for the position of non-believers...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-22/einstein-was-wrong3a-spooky-entanglement-is-real/6876262
     Reply #887 - October 22, 2015, 08:37 AM

Einstein was wrong - this is just the beginning of the end for the position of non-believers...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-22/einstein-was-wrong3a-spooky-entanglement-is-real/6876262

My lack of faith is not based on Einstein. It's based on "God is not the most plausible hypothesis to explain any of the things I have experienced/observed." Einstein was a reasonably intelligent person, but he did make mistakes. He wasn't a god. He wasn't all-knowing. Neither is Stephen Hawking, or Sam Harris, or Richard Dawkins, or anyone else. The amount of information in the universe is exponentially greater than the amount of information that can be stored in the human brain, so no one human being will ever be all-knowing, that's an unrealistic expectation to have of anyone.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #888 - October 22, 2015, 02:35 PM

What. Einstein never claimed to be perfect, he's human. Do you even understand science and why it "changes"? It's seriously hurting my brain to see people grasping at straws like this.

Contrast this idea with believers who claim that their holy book is perfect and without faults.

Your book is wrong and so are you.
     Reply #889 - October 22, 2015, 04:38 PM

Why? Huh?

Reply #890 - October 23, 2015, 09:04 PM

What. Einstein never claimed to be perfect, he's human. Do you even understand science and why it "changes"? It's seriously hurting my brain to see people grasping at straws like this.

Contrast this idea with believers who claim that their holy book is perfect and without faults.

Your book is wrong and so are you.

This just shows you don't understand the story and science for that matter. I'm glad I gave up arguing with you.
     Reply #891 - October 23, 2015, 09:06 PM

My lack of faith is not based on Einstein. It's based on "God is not the most plausible hypothesis to explain any of the things I have experienced/observed." Einstein was a reasonably intelligent person, but he did make mistakes. He wasn't a god. He wasn't all-knowing. Neither is Stephen Hawking, or Sam Harris, or Richard Dawkins, or anyone else. The amount of information in the universe is exponentially greater than the amount of information that can be stored in the human brain, so no one human being will ever be all-knowing, that's an unrealistic expectation to have of anyone.

Your lack of faith is based on lack of knowledge.
     Reply #892 - October 23, 2015, 09:13 PM

Lack of knowledge of what, exactly? If you have some kind of testable evidence or repeatable experiment for which a god is the most plausible explanation, then do tell us that instead of just continuing to brey like a donkey.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #893 - October 24, 2015, 01:54 AM

My lack of faith in your god is because your religion isn't true, thus I assume your god doesn't exist. It has nothing to do with a random opinion of Einstein.

Reply #894 - October 24, 2015, 12:15 PM

Your faith is based on lack of knowledge.

Two can play this game!  dance
     Reply #895 - October 24, 2015, 07:42 PM

CallMeTed, what do you think about that?

You did not kill them; rather it was God who killed them; and you did not throw when you threw, rather it was Allah who threw, that He might test the faithful with a good test from Himself. Indeed Allah is all-hearing, all-knowing.
    (Koran, 8:17)

God who commits a murder by the hand of his worshipper! There is no more free will. It is the most despicable negation of human freedom. What about this God who commits an utterly amoral, vile act such as murder!

What about this God who loves his creatures of a conditional way who rewards on the simple criterion of a faith? Why reject a belief constitute a crime subject to the worst suffering for eternity?

What about justice and divine mercy?
     Reply #896 - October 24, 2015, 10:28 PM

Is there scientific evidence that proves the existence God?

Honestly, science is based on empirical, verifiable evidences. Science is powerless to counter or to assert the existence or the non-existence of God, there are tracks ... but at this day, nobody succeeded to prove anything ... All this is a matter of faith.

The proofs of existence/non-existance of God does not rely on science, it would have been obvious since dawn of humanity. We would not need to believe. Religion would be an obsolete thing since God would be an obvious fact for all.
     Reply #897 - October 24, 2015, 11:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0XuKORufGk
     Reply #898 - October 25, 2015, 08:36 AM

CallMeTed, what do you think about that?

You did not kill them; rather it was God who killed them; and you did not throw when you threw, rather it was Allah who threw, that He might test the faithful with a good test from Himself. Indeed Allah is all-hearing, all-knowing.
    (Koran, 8:17)

God who commits a murder by the hand of his worshipper! There is no more free will. It is the most despicable negation of human freedom. What about this God who commits an utterly amoral, vile act such as murder!

What about this God who loves his creatures of a conditional way who rewards on the simple criterion of a faith? Why reject a belief constitute a crime subject to the worst suffering for eternity?

What about justice and divine mercy?

Like many folk you don't understand the concept of God properly or the reality you live in.
     Reply #899 - October 25, 2015, 08:41 AM

I think I'm starting to understand--Ted do you have an ancient Greek philosophical worldview, where providing evidence is not as important as something being intuitive? Where "proof" is about talking how something "just feels right," instead of doing a repeatable experiment under controlled conditions, and then drawing conclusions from the evidence?

• Previous page 1 ... 28 29 3031 32 ... 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »