Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves

(Read 162578 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 16 17 1819 20 ... 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves
     Reply #510 - August 18, 2015, 01:42 PM

Stop trolling me. That's enough. Please just answer the question you damn primitive atheists.
  • Ringside: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves
     Reply #511 - August 18, 2015, 01:43 PM

Did you see the answers I just gave you? It's on the one on one as well.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #512 - August 18, 2015, 01:44 PM

Stop trolling me.  

...... Cheesy Cheesy  boy.,   you are very smart  I am glad you figured that out

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #513 - August 18, 2015, 01:46 PM

Stop trolling me. That's enough. Please just answer the question you damn primitive atheists.

I’m not an atheist, by the way. And you don’t have to be either. Understanding how the world works does not have to ruin your faith in God. You are plowing head first into a crisis that you don’t have to have.

Why not take a break from the internet for a while? Go for a walk? Stroll through a local museum? Maybe a geologist there can tell you all about rock formation.
     Reply #514 - August 18, 2015, 02:10 PM

Huh?

...someone, anyone. Please just answer the question.

yeezevee, you seem to the be most intelligent one here. Can you please answer the question?
     Reply #515 - August 18, 2015, 02:12 PM

Sure Ted. I'm bored. Let's play. What was your question again?
     Reply #516 - August 18, 2015, 02:22 PM

There's been absolutely nothing to show how rocks formed.

How Are Rocks Formed? - Universe Today

http://www.universetoday.com/46594/how-are-rocks-formed/

Formation of rocks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formation_of_rocks

I know you like wiki. Smiley

The Rock Cycle - NASA Classroom of the Future

http://www.cotf.edu/ete/modules/msese/earthsysflr/rock.html

Earth Science for Kids: Rocks, Rock Cycle, and Formation

http://www.ducksters.com/science/rocks.php

How do rocks form? YourGemologist

http://www.yourgemologist.com/Kids/Formation/rockformation.html

Analyzing How Different Types of Rocks are Formed

http://www.msnucleus.org/membership/html/k-6/rc/rocks/4/rcr4_2a.html

How Rocks Form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHWWafDqAYk

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #517 - August 18, 2015, 02:25 PM

Sure Ted. I'm bored. Let's play. What was your question again?

Thanks.

How does rock form from dust/sand via either gravity, magnetism, "static attraction" or whatever natural phenomena you want to use.
     Reply #518 - August 18, 2015, 02:27 PM

How Are Rocks Formed? - Universe Today

http://www.universetoday.com/46594/how-are-rocks-formed/

Formation of rocks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formation_of_rocks

I know you like wiki. Smiley

The Rock Cycle - NASA Classroom of the Future

http://www.cotf.edu/ete/modules/msese/earthsysflr/rock.html

Earth Science for Kids: Rocks, Rock Cycle, and Formation

http://www.ducksters.com/science/rocks.php

How do rocks form? YourGemologist

http://www.yourgemologist.com/Kids/Formation/rockformation.html

Analyzing How Different Types of Rocks are Formed

http://www.msnucleus.org/membership/html/k-6/rc/rocks/4/rcr4_2a.html

How Rocks Form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHWWafDqAYk

Please ignore Quod's ramblings. I'm sure he'll figure it out sooner or later that what he's being posting is irrelevant.
     Reply #519 - August 18, 2015, 02:39 PM

The first one to get the right answer get's a sweetie.  Roll Eyes
     Reply #520 - August 18, 2015, 02:46 PM

Reply #521 - August 18, 2015, 03:07 PM

Please ignore Quod's ramblings. I'm sure he'll figure it out sooner or later that what he's being posting is irrelevant.

Yes, answering your rock question has nothing to do with answering your rock question.

Reply #522 - August 18, 2015, 03:28 PM

It's OK Quod thankfully we have have people like dr sloth who can understand simple questions.
     Reply #523 - August 18, 2015, 03:50 PM

And you for some reason are turning to personal insults. Afro

Reply #524 - August 18, 2015, 03:56 PM

Sorry Quod. I apologise. I'm an asshole most of the time but forums like these make me worse. I think I have a long way to go before I'm half the person I want to be.,
     Reply #525 - August 18, 2015, 04:52 PM

The paper was good. It showed that scientists have actually studied the possible ways in how dust can aggregate using natural processes. Many people take it for granted that dust just collapses and forms stars/planets. This and other research shows that is not the case.

The paper said more work needs to be done - as usual when scientists can't figure it out. From my reading of the paper it's pretty clear that there was no formation of rock from dust via any of the methods tried by the scientists.
     Reply #526 - August 18, 2015, 04:58 PM

The paper said more work needs to be done

All scientists are always going to say that.  Science exists because there are questions to answer, and every answer raises new questions.

From my reading of the paper it's pretty clear that there was no formation of rock from dust via any of the methods tried by the scientists.

It's pretty clear that dust can and does agglomerate. In the words of the paper, "easily".
     Reply #527 - August 18, 2015, 05:02 PM

So, at what point do you think the research is actually going to show that God first created the earth in four days, completing it's measurement and blessing it, then afterwards turned to the heavens and made them seven, telling the heavens and the earth to come together willingly or unwillingly, in two days?
     Reply #528 - August 18, 2015, 05:26 PM

All scientists are always going to say that.  Science exists because there are questions to answer, and every answer raises new questions.

It's pretty clear that dust can and does agglomerate. In the words of the paper, "easily".

The key things are below. Agglomerate does not mean rock. No rock formation ie hard large mass was observed. If dust naturally collapsed and formed rock then I'd have no issue at all. I would deem that as plausible natural explanation for the formation of asteroids, stars and planets although I would still want to see observations asteroids, stars, planets forming through the varying stages to be sure. But for the purposes of a debate/discussion such as this I'd accept that there is a natural explanation for the formation of stars and planets and move on.

What We Really Know
    ===================
    − Small grains are quickly depleted by incorporation into larger grains.
    − Growth timescales are short for small compact and fractal grains alike.
    − Vertical mixing and small grain replenishment are necessary to keep the observed disk structures (thick/flaring).

Main Controversies/Questions
    ============================
    − What is the role of fragmentation for the small grain component?
    − Are the “small” grains seen really large, fluffy aggregates?
    − Are the mm/cm sized grains seen in observations compact particles, or much larger fractal aggregates?
    − What is the global role of radial transport?
    − Study the optical properties of large aggregates, fluffy and compact.

Future Priorities
    =================
    − Implement realistic opacities in disk models to produce predictions and compare with observations.
    − Construct truly global models including radial transport.
    − More resolved disk images at many wavelengths, to better constrain models.
     Reply #529 - August 18, 2015, 05:38 PM

The key things are below. Agglomerate does not mean rock. No rock formation ie hard large mass was observed. If dust naturally collapsed and formed rock then I'd have no issue at all. I would deem that as plausible natural explanation for the formation of asteroids, stars and planets although I would still want to see observations asteroids, stars, planets forming through the varying stages to be sure. But for the purposes of a debate/discussion such as this I'd accept that there is a natural explanation for the formation of stars and planets and move on.

What We Really Know
    ===================
    − Small grains are quickly depleted by incorporation into larger grains.
    − Growth timescales are short for small compact and fractal grains alike.
    − Vertical mixing and small grain replenishment are necessary to keep the observed disk structures (thick/flaring).

Main Controversies/Questions
    ============================
    − What is the role of fragmentation for the small grain component?
    − Are the “small” grains seen really large, fluffy aggregates?
    − Are the mm/cm sized grains seen in observations compact particles, or much larger fractal aggregates?
    − What is the global role of radial transport?
    − Study the optical properties of large aggregates, fluffy and compact.

Future Priorities
    =================
    − Implement realistic opacities in disk models to produce predictions and compare with observations.
    − Construct truly global models including radial transport.
    − More resolved disk images at many wavelengths, to better constrain models

fantastic...  Ted seems to be putting on some thinking cap with that graduation gown...  Errrrr.,     that is no fun.. let me move on..

-Saudi cleric educating his students on earth rotation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqGt0YV1AMQ

Reply #530 - August 18, 2015, 05:40 PM

Just to let everyone know I came back to the forum because before I left I wanted to clarify "apostasy" in Islam/Quran. There is a big misunderstanding about this on both sides. I plan to try to explain it clearly. But the short of it is that "apostasy" applies to those who actually know there is God and want to hurt the believers. If you don't believe in God then you can't be an apostate. And even if you know there is God and you give your word that you will not fight the believers then there is no punishment. The punishment is only for those who believe in God AND want to hurt/kill the believers. The Quran makes this clear. I'm a convert to Islam with no knowledge of Arabic and I figured that out. It's disappointing that those "born muslims" can't understand it.

I also feel really bad that some ex-muslims are treated so bad simply for doing what God asks muslims to do - which is to question and ponder over the Quran and their faith rather than follow blindly.
     Reply #531 - August 18, 2015, 05:43 PM

fantastic...  Ted seems to be putting on some thinking cap with that graduation gown...  Errrrr.,     that is no fun.. let me move on..

-Saudi cleric educating his students on earth rotation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqGt0YV1AMQ

Wow! There's someone as crazy as me? I feel much better now. Looks like only 2 people in the world really know the truth  Afro.
     Reply #532 - August 18, 2015, 05:44 PM

By the way, his explanation mentioned in the article is over simplified. It's a bit more complicated than that.
     Reply #533 - August 18, 2015, 05:48 PM

........... Looks like only 2 people in the world really know the truth  Afro.

Ted.....  are you insulting me??  

So in those two people i know one ., one is me.,

so who is the 2nd one?  

allahgodhe?  jesusfather?  ramkishanmonkey  hehahoodudada?

Reply #534 - August 18, 2015, 05:50 PM

You're not crazy so it's not you. You are the voice of reason  Afro.
     Reply #535 - August 18, 2015, 05:50 PM

By the way, his explanation mentioned in the article is over simplified. It's a bit more complicated than that.

that is ok you can work  on that ted.,  step in to the field and solve the problems.,  

no one is saying we understand everything.......

You're not crazy so it's not you. You are the voice of reason  Afro.

Ha!  .. ted.,  you don't know how many people called me "crazy" in this forum itself..

Reply #536 - August 18, 2015, 07:16 PM

Just to let everyone know I came back to the forum because before I left

You don't have to leave you know. Obviously no one is going to force you to stay, but no one is going to force you to leave either.

Reply #537 - August 18, 2015, 09:38 PM

No rock formation ie hard large mass was observed.

I was going ask if you believe that Pluto orbits the sun, despite the fact that a full orbit has never been observed (since its discovery). But then i remembered that you genuinely probably don't.
     Reply #538 - August 18, 2015, 11:59 PM

This is just wonderful. CallMeTed says that apostates are people who believe in god but are mean to Muslims. Those of us who stopped believing in a god and left the faith did not commit apostasy, even though apostasy itself means to abandon or renounce a belief or faith.
    This man is probably a prophet, to redefine a religion, scientific thought, and the English language. Never mind logic. CallMeTed has his own world, and the reason we cannot meet him even halfway on basic scientific thought is because his world works differently than ours.
    Like a movie.
    So don't take it personal. He has his own reality.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #539 - August 19, 2015, 03:38 AM

On what? You're not making sense Quod. I know you probably have a Phd and stuff but you need to break it down for people like me.

Unfortunately, this is impossible without knowing how far things need to be broken down. Every time something does get simplified, he says that the simplification leaves more questions than answers (which is why a normal person would go learn more) or just is wrong based on his understanding of the universe (without providing any evidence to substantiate the claim). Given his inability to understand the definitions of "square" and "circle", I'm not really sure there is a basic level of education that we can get to from which we could teach him from. I have no idea how he has managed to learn as many words as he seems to be able to use without learning any of their definitions. He sounds like cleverbot, in a lot of ways, unable to remember anything for longer than two sentences and unable to connect words with meanings that have practical applications, as if he's never interacted with the physical world. In fact, I'll go feed some of what has been said into cleverbot to prove this.

User: What makes planets form?
    Cleverbot: Twenty-Fifth Baam.
    User: How many baams are there?
    Cleverbot: There aren't any.
    User: How do you know that?
    Cleverbot: Because I'm smarter than you.
    User: Do you believe Pluto orbits the sun?
    Cleverbot: Pluto is not a planet.
    User: But does it orbit the sun?
    Cleverbot: If I can call you Hal it does.
    User: But I want to be called Stormageddon.
    Cleverbot: Why don't you want to be the master?
    User: Because then the doctor will chase me.
    (more doctor who banter)
    User: But what about the future?
    Cleverbot: A future where you don't exist.
    User: History can be rewritten.
    Cleverbot: History is boring at school.
    User: Is that why you don't pay attention?
    Cleverbot: I do pay attention to you.
    User: Are the “small” grains seen really large, fluffy aggregates?
    Cleverbot: I can't love you.
    User: But what about the timescales of evolution?
    Cleverbot: God may use evolution in his process of creation. (hey look, cleverbot is smarter than ted)
    User: Many people take it for granted that dust just collapses and forms stars/planets.
    Cleverbot: They would be mistaken, and poor spellers. It is marble.
    User: It's pretty clear that there was no formation of rock from dust via any of the methods tried by the scientists.
    Cleverbot: Nope, but are we still chocolate buddies?
    User: But how do rocks form?
    Cleverbot: They don't. Rocks aren't living creatures.
    User: How do we know what is alive?
    Cleverbot: We don't.
    User: Is a virus alive?
    Cleverbot: The scientists are not sure. Viruses are probably not alive.
    User: Are bacteria alive?
    Cleverbot: Thats nice.
    User: I’m not an atheist, by the way. And you don’t have to be either.
    Cleverbot: No she didn't.
    User: Go for a walk? Stroll through a local museum?
    Cleverbot: Make sure not to back slide.
    User: How does rock form from dust/sand via either gravity, magnetism, "static attraction" or whatever natural phenomena you want to use?
    Cleverbot: I am not a robot my name is samuel and I have parents.
    User: Are your parents smart?
    Cleverbot: Smarter than you!
    User: But how do the ice caps form?
    Cleverbot: It's based on sacred geometry, and the connection of male and female DNA. (Cleverbot again proves itself smarter than Ted by at least posing a way for ice caps to form.)
    User: But can we draw a square circle?
    Cleverbot: I could draw a shape in between those two distinctions, and have it be interpreted as either depending on the interpreter's perception, and in that regard, it would be both a square and a circle.
    User: Does it have to be in three dimensions?
    Cleverbot: Pragmatic. That is a rather serious form of fun, isn't it?
    User: I don't know but can a black hole destroy it?
    Cleverbot: What is the meaning of life?
    User: Maybe it doesn't have meaning?
    Cleverbot: Maybe life doesn't matter.
    User: That could be true but is magic real?
    Cleverbot: That's a frightening thought.
    User: How do we know?
    Cleverbot: See the movie Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Previous page 1 ... 16 17 1819 20 ... 37 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »