Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves the exist

(Read 43572 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves the exist
     Reply #90 - August 18, 2015, 01:04 PM

Glacial Geology? We can be more specific and go with palaeoclimatology. Still waiting for your comments on how current research and understanding is wrong.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Quod Sum Eris vs CallMeTed - Is there scientific evidence that proves the exist
     Reply #91 - August 18, 2015, 01:20 PM

On what? You're not making sense Quod. I know you probably have a Phd and stuff but you need to break it down for people like me.
     Reply #92 - August 18, 2015, 01:29 PM

"But the ice caps are perfectly explained through nature"

This is the key thing you just don't understand. You can't explain through nature. You think it will be explained by nature. Keep waiting.

You've made a claim, now I need your argument for said claim. Also, again:

So Ted, I'm going to try to explain something that may help us along. The reason you've been unconvincing with your arguments is that you have no arguments. You make claims and don't back them up. I can do that as well.

Once, many moons ago, using blood and blackest magic, I awoke an ancient, dark, great and terrible goddess from slumber, who told me secrets. This goddess told me when she ruled the Earth, nightmares walked among us, walked and danced, skewering victims in plain sight, laying their fears and worst desires out for everyone to see. They did this to make her laugh. Now nightmares are trapped inside the heads of humans, pitiful echoes of themselves. The goddess wondered whom they angered so to merit such a fate.

And, like you, I have done nothing whatsoever to back up my claim. I might even challenge you to prove me wrong. But see, the thing is, the burden of proof isn't on you, it's on me. If I fail to convince you of my conversation with this dark goddess, then that's that. I'm not going to randomly say you don't understand such and such and then tell you to research more. That's unfairly shifting the burden of proof.

Do you understand?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #93 - August 18, 2015, 01:33 PM

Huh?
     Reply #94 - August 18, 2015, 01:41 PM

Sigh. Okay, let me quote where I answered the rock question in the comments.

How Are Rocks Formed? - Universe Today

http://www.universetoday.com/46594/how-are-rocks-formed/

Formation of rocks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formation_of_rocks

I know you like wiki. Smiley

The Rock Cycle - NASA Classroom of the Future

http://www.cotf.edu/ete/modules/msese/earthsysflr/rock.html

Earth Science for Kids: Rocks, Rock Cycle, and Formation

http://www.ducksters.com/science/rocks.php

How do rocks form? YourGemologist

http://www.yourgemologist.com/Kids/Formation/rockformation.html

Analyzing How Different Types of Rocks are Formed

http://www.msnucleus.org/membership/html/k-6/rc/rocks/4/rcr4_2a.html

How Rocks Form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHWWafDqAYk

Reply #95 - August 22, 2015, 06:38 PM

"But the ice caps are perfectly explained through nature"

This is the key thing you just don't understand. You can't explain through nature. You think it will be explained by nature. Keep waiting.

I seriously cannot believe you think there's no explanation for ice caps. I have to assume you're joking or trolling. But in the spirit of the one on one I'll answer anyway. The polar ice caps are formed from snow fall. The moisture in the snow originally came from the ocean. Water is picked up by the atmosphere and dropped on ice caps. These ice caps are also called ice sheets, which cover most of Greenland and Antarctica, more than two miles thick in some places. The North Pole is an ocean with thin layer of frozen ocean, called sea ice. Snow falling on ice sheets packs into solid ice, and the ice flows back into ocean, some as icebergs and some as water where caps melt at the edges during summer.

http://education.nationalgeographic.com/encyclopedia/ice-cap/

https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/quickfacts/icesheets.html

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/ice-cap/

http://water.usgs.gov/edu/earthglacier.html

http://www.thewildclassroom.com/biomes/icecaps.html

Reply #96 - August 23, 2015, 02:36 PM

Why is it colder on mountains with ice caps?
     Reply #97 - August 23, 2015, 07:27 PM

Higher altitude. The fuck does this have to do with your specific god?

Reply #98 - August 23, 2015, 08:16 PM

Why not simply give an explanation? You're just going to end up in the same position as you did in explaining how dust turns into rock. Higher altitude doesn't explain it.

While you're at why not help your friend bogart out with where the extra force comes from to speed up the rocket?

Seems like you both love to state the obvious but when you're taken further you crap yourselves and resort to ridiculing instead of actually answering the question.

No one here has been able to refute anything I've said regarding the science.
     Reply #99 - August 23, 2015, 08:21 PM

What? Huh?

Reply #100 - August 23, 2015, 09:20 PM

C'mon do the science.  Afro
     Reply #101 - August 23, 2015, 09:58 PM

Huh?

Reply #102 - September 05, 2015, 05:31 AM

Since it's been a fortnight and you haven't replied I hope you don't mind if I change the topic. Can you tell me how you accept both the bible and quran? I'm interested in your previous post where you objected (or at least it came across that way, if I read it wrong please say) to the idea of Satan tempting Adam and Eve as a snake. As per the quranic verses I quoted, the quran doesn't actually go against this per say, it simply says Satan manifested himself. It doesn't say as a snake, but it also doesn't say not as a snake. It makes no mention either way.

When reading the bible do you use the quran as a fact checker? For example according to the bible Noah was 600 years old when the flood happened, whereas in the quran he was 950, if I recall correctly.

Would you read the bible, see it says he was 600, check with the quran and think "Ah, he was actually 950" and believe the rest unless the quran specifically says something different?

It seems like the logical thing to do from the perspective of accepting both books, but your comment on Satan makes me wonder if you do it another way.

Reply #103 - September 07, 2015, 07:26 AM

Sorry Quod but I don't think science was your strong subject at school so I don't think it's worth going any further.

Regarding the quran/bible I don't really like discussing it with people who don't believe in God because there is so much they will never accept or understand. Would be pointless waffling of opinions and thoughts which no one can ever prove or disprove.
     Reply #104 - September 07, 2015, 08:14 AM

Ted, you haven't given a single scientific argument. You've asked how rocks and ice caps form, which I showed you, said evolution isn't true and given no arguments to support it, claimed we should be able to create life and given no counter to my explanations as to why this is wrong, and then have the audacity to point the finger at me.

Since this seems to be a fruitless endeavour as you refuse to give this evidence you have for your particular version of your particular god, I thought it might be interesting in the meantime to explore what your own beliefs are.

The fact I may not believe what you believe doesn't mean I don't understand it, it simply means I don't believe it. This has no bearing whatsoever on my ability to comprehend.

Reply #105 - September 07, 2015, 08:32 AM

"The fact I may not believe what you believe doesn't mean I don't understand it, it simply means I don't believe it. This has no bearing whatsoever on my ability to comprehend."

The fact that you didn't understand my other posts shows that you're not going to understand anything else I say. I'll accept that it's just my way of explaining that's making it difficult for you to understand. I can't do any better I'm afraid.

I'd suggest you try explaining your definition of evolution to a biologist and ask them for an honest opinion.
     Reply #106 - September 07, 2015, 09:05 AM

Okay, then let's start again. What evidence can you give me for the existence of Adam and Eve? Or Noah? Or Moses? Or anything that would be evidence of the truth of the teachings of islam and thus of your god?

Reply #107 - April 03, 2016, 10:15 PM

because it's such a ridiculous argument (about planets not being able to form naturally), i think CallMeTed was on the AtheistExperience show today.  the first caller

https://youtu.be/d84kQ41Y7rM?t=3m50s
     Reply #108 - April 03, 2016, 10:41 PM

because it's such a ridiculous argument (about planets not being able to form naturally), i think CallMeTed was on the AtheistExperience show today.  the first caller

https://youtu.be/d84kQ41Y7rM? 

really?  that is CallMeTed ??  that smart? 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #109 - April 04, 2016, 05:48 AM

i can't imagine that there is more than one person on the planet who thinks 'dust cannot clump together' to be good 'scientific evidence' for god. That's why i think it's him
     Reply #110 - April 04, 2016, 09:50 AM

i can't imagine that there is more than one person on the planet who thinks 'dust cannot clump together' to be good 'scientific evidence' for god. That's why i think it's him

Cheesy   ..well then Callmeted is smarter than you and  me., and  you have extremely poor imaginative abilities  without that there will be no progress on any front dr_sloth ...lol..  out of 7.4 billion human species on this earth I can safely say at least 7 billion of them will say/think   similar to  Callmeted...

hmmm...  now i wonder about  "What Part of our  Brain handles Imagination?' and how different is that from other mammalian  species that have  similar number of gene  pool in their genome.??

look a that.,  when I was in the stage of embryo I don't see much difference between me and stupid turtle ..chicken...pig.. rabbit.. whatever.. ..   So there must not be  much difference between me  and Mullah fools that preach Islam in Mosques to generate baboons of Islam  during that embryonic stage..    

So where did Callmeted go? I am sure if he reads CEMB forum he will learn new things everyday..

Reply #111 - April 04, 2016, 01:45 PM

If anything the human embryo most closely resembles pig.

I wonder how that'd go down.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #112 - April 04, 2016, 01:53 PM

human embryo most closely resembles pig.

Damn CEMB is filled with pigs.. Thanks to allah...Luck is in their side    Pigs are haram in Islam  otherwise many would have been slaughetred but I am not certain when that luck will run out...    Cheesy Cheesy

• Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »