Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Blown away

(Read 30340 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Blown away
     Reply #120 - August 06, 2015, 01:25 PM

There's a one on one forum, you may find that to your interest. Usually it will only be two posters unless someone wants to jump in and both posters are fine with that. There's also ringside seats which allows people to discuss what's being said and give their thoughts. Check them out if you haven't already, and then if you're up for it you can start a thread in the one on one section and one in the ringside seats section.

One on one matches

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?board=31.0

Ringside seats

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?board=32.0

Also, I forgot to give you your parrot. parrot

I think you should suggest the topic(s) that you want to discuss/debate as I'm pretty much happy with Islam and the God. Maybe there's something which you are not happy with which maybe you want to go through.
  • Blown away
     Reply #121 - August 06, 2015, 01:26 PM

CallMeTed: The quran makes various supernatural claims, concerning a creator, and that creator's communication with the man Muhammad. What evidence is there to support these claims?

You need to be more specific. What claims?
  • Blown away
     Reply #122 - August 06, 2015, 02:00 PM

I am still stuck on the Muslim=evolved Christian thing.

I read the Bible (OT and NT) and the Quran numerous times and they do not mesh at all. Most of the believing Christians in the USA (multiple denominations) believe that Christ came to release the Jews from the law. So it makes no sense to replace that set of laws with Shariah, it negates the purpose of Christ. The claims that one message morphed into the next makes no sense, as they are not compatible.

I think galfromusa would know more about this than myself, really. But that's my impression.

Seems like you haven't read the Bible properly or don't really understand them because if you did you'd know that Jesus never came to abolish the law in fact he followed the law himself. What is the Shariah? All the laws for Muslims should come from the Quran.
  • Blown away
     Reply #123 - August 06, 2015, 05:31 PM

You need to be more specific. What claims?

Let's stick with the claims in the Shahadah. 1. That there is a god named Allah. 2. Muhammad was given a message from Allah.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Blown away
     Reply #124 - August 06, 2015, 05:56 PM

First of all there is no such thing as the shahadah in the quran.

God does not have a name.
    It's up to you to decide whether the quran is really a message from God.
  • Blown away
     Reply #125 - August 06, 2015, 06:04 PM

You should really research Sikhism. You might like it better than Islam.
  • Blown away
     Reply #126 - August 06, 2015, 06:20 PM

He is Allah , the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. 59:24

Exalt the name of your Lord, the Most High

Indeed, it is from Solomon, and indeed, it reads: 'In the name of Allah , the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful 27:30

• Blown away
     Reply #127 - August 06, 2015, 06:44 PM

I think you should suggest the topic(s) that you want to discuss/debate as I'm pretty much happy with Islam and the God. Maybe there's something which you are not happy with which maybe you want to go through.

My position is quite simple. I don't believe islam is true and I don't think the god of the bible/quran exists. That's it. If you want to go into certain topics that you feel are convincing of the notion that your god and your religion are real, I'm happy to start anywhere. Just don't ask me to read arabic, I'll need another member for that. Grin

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Blown away
     Reply #128 - August 06, 2015, 07:19 PM

You are correct. However I was referring to a personal name of God. No one can claim that there is a personal name of God as in the same we we have named ourselves. Allah can be and is used by Christians and Jews on the arabic countries. I think using Allah in English translations is wrong as it makes people think it is a different God.
  • Blown away
     Reply #129 - August 06, 2015, 07:21 PM

God's personal name is Humphrey Dinglebat.

He told me.
  • Blown away
     Reply #130 - August 06, 2015, 07:24 PM

My position is quite simple. I don't believe islam is true and I don't think the god of the bible/quran exists. That's it. If you want to go into certain topics that you feel are convincing of the notion that your god and your religion are real, I'm happy to start anywhere. Just don't ask me to read arabic, I'll need another member for that. Grin

Great.  I think the first topic should be "Is there scientific evidence that proves the existence God".
  • Blown away
     Reply #131 - August 06, 2015, 07:27 PM

You are correct. However I was referring to a personal name of God. No one can claim that there is a personal name of God as in the same we we have named ourselves. Allah can be and is used by Christians and Jews on the arabic countries. I think using Allah in English translations is wrong as it makes people think it is a different God.

Oh, it certainly is a different god. Perhaps the name is the only thing that stays the same. It’s like Batman. We keep the same name and the same loose background story, but as new authors imagine him, he certainly becomes different characters.

Seriously. You should strongly look into Sikhism. It’s like the e-cigarette version of Islam: all the god-nicotine you crave without all the added nasty stuff. It’s not perfect, but check it out.
  • Blown away
     Reply #132 - August 06, 2015, 07:33 PM

Great.  I think the first topic should be "Is there scientific evidence that proves the existence God".

Sure, if you want to.

I think using Allah in English translations is wrong as it makes people think it is a different God.

I tend to think of them as different, but in the sense of a remake/reboot. Like I acknowledge that both the George Clooney Batman and the Christian Bale Batman are both Batman, but different enough you can talk about them separately.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Blown away
     Reply #133 - August 06, 2015, 07:34 PM

happymurtad, I swear I didn't see your post before I wrote mine, I just clicked post, it said there was another comment, I just hit post again. Grin

• Blown away
     Reply #134 - August 06, 2015, 07:37 PM

“Tyler’s words coming out of my mouth.”
  • Blown away
     Reply #135 - August 06, 2015, 07:49 PM

I'm pretty sure I remember your name starts with a K. Or, considering my post on the was it fundamentally wrong to move the racist thread and your follow up, perhaps I'm Tyler. I'm sure one of us is deeply honoured.

• Blown away
     Reply #136 - August 06, 2015, 07:56 PM

C'mon man. Tell me you got the Fight Club reference! And my name starts with an H, duh. Tongue
  • Blown away
     Reply #137 - August 06, 2015, 09:37 PM

Sorry but it's people like yourself who have failed to use your manners and intellect to engage in a meaningful discussion. Stop being so arrogant.

How have I failed to use manners? I never ridiculed your beliefs once. All I said was that you made empty claims and blamed others for dismissing your claims.  You are making up excuses to avoid my points then to blame me for pointing out your lack of supporting arguments in previous posts. It seems like you are taking my pointing out of your lack of argument personnel when I have never said anything directly about you or your character.

• Blown away
     Reply #138 - August 06, 2015, 09:41 PM

God's personal name is Humphrey Dinglebat.

He told me.

That was the Devil talking to you. I know because the REAL god spoke to me and told me his name is actually Peregrine Carruthers.
  • Blown away
     Reply #139 - August 06, 2015, 09:44 PM

Seems like you haven't read the Bible properly or don't really understand them because if you did you'd know that Jesus never came to abolish the law in fact he followed the law himself. What is the Shariah? All the laws for Muslims should come from the Quran.

I would point out that there is a far larger and more dominate interpretation you are ignoring followed by almost all Christians. You are taking a minority interpretation, cherry picking, to support your views of Islam. 
  • Blown away
     Reply #140 - August 06, 2015, 09:44 PM

C'mon man. Tell me you got the Fight Club reference! And my name starts with an H, duh. Tongue

Unlike yourself, Quod remembered the first rule of fight club.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Blown away
     Reply #141 - August 06, 2015, 09:46 PM

Horrible topic since there is none. For there to be scientific evidence of God it would make God natural not supernatural. Science does not study the supernatural.
  • Blown away
     Reply #142 - August 06, 2015, 09:46 PM

Okay, then would it be safe for you to assume then that those of us here determined that the Quran is not a message from God. My own reason for this determination is that there is no evidence that the Quran came from God, although I suppose for others there could be other reasons.

Does this help your understanding of why we don't accept Islam, and do not consider it to be "the truth"?

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Blown away
     Reply #143 - August 06, 2015, 09:50 PM

Unlike yourself, Quod remembered the first rule of fightclub.

Nice
  • Blown away
     Reply #144 - August 06, 2015, 09:55 PM

Love that movie, though. Have you seen Snatch?

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Blown away
     Reply #145 - August 06, 2015, 09:59 PM

I would point out that there is a far larger and more dominate interpretation you are ignoring followed by almost all Christians. You are taking a minority interpretation, cherry picking, to support your views of Islam.  

Please send me this "dominant interpretation" and I'll show you why it's incorrect. Many Christians are simply following their made up desires rather than the Gospels of Jesus.
  • Blown away
     Reply #146 - August 06, 2015, 10:03 PM

Okay, then would it be safe for you to assume then that those of us here determined that the Quran is not a message from God. My own reason for this determination is that there is no evidence that the Quran came from God, although I suppose for others there could be other reasons.

Does this help your understanding of why we don't accept Islam, and do not consider it to be "the truth"?

Of course it does.  And I think I know why you don't believe in God as I was an atheist at one time.
  • Blown away
     Reply #147 - August 06, 2015, 10:07 PM

Here is a source explaining it from the Catholic Church, the largest domination of Christianity. I would also direct you to the Council of Jerusalem.

http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/why-we-are-not-bound-by-everything-in-the-old-law

This view is dominate enough that anyone that knows the Bible, as you claim you do, would know this interpretation from basic research.

Let see you 1. Refute the interpretation 2. Show that Christians follow their own desires.
  • Blown away
     Reply #148 - August 06, 2015, 10:13 PM

the irish accents are hilarious
  • Blown away
     Reply #149 - August 06, 2015, 10:44 PM

Seen it, felt it, tasted it...
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »