Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Blown away

(Read 32668 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Blown away
     Reply #90 - August 05, 2015, 07:06 PM

Callme Ted, you've reminded me of this song somehow:

Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al: https://youtu.be/uq-gYOrU8bA

Thank you for that reminder. I am so grateful. In fact, I'd love it if you'd callme. Just callme Ted. I'm yours.

Hi
  • Blown away
     Reply #91 - August 05, 2015, 07:11 PM

Don't call us Ted, we'll call you.
  • Blown away
     Reply #92 - August 05, 2015, 07:11 PM

Lol

Hi
  • Blown away
     Reply #93 - August 05, 2015, 07:12 PM

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Blown away
     Reply #94 - August 05, 2015, 07:21 PM

Lol. Who is trolling who? I get confused  wacko

Hi
  • Blown away
     Reply #95 - August 05, 2015, 07:25 PM

I think CallMeTed was supposed to be trolling us.

This is what I've managed to collect thus far:

- He wants us to call him Ted.

- He'd make a shit therapist.

• Blown away
     Reply #96 - August 05, 2015, 07:26 PM

Lol.

I'm gonna give him a chance. Innocent till proven otherwise.

Hi
  • Blown away
     Reply #97 - August 05, 2015, 07:28 PM

For Ted <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk7-GRWq7wA

• Blown away
     Reply #98 - August 05, 2015, 07:31 PM

4 pages, well that thread went better than expected. wacko
  • Blown away
     Reply #99 - August 05, 2015, 07:42 PM

I've answered all the questions that were asked. No one asked what the scientific evidence was that makes me certain. Actually, as usual, got into a silly debate about what science is. then someone asked a silly question about the Trinity which is easily googleable.

Problem is that people are just not interested in wanting to know the truth. This includes many believers. They'd rather spend their time discussing vain things. They don't want true happiness they want the tiny, temporary happiness of this world/life.

You provided answers but no rational behind these answers.  You have yet to provide any reason to accept your claims as true thus to claim others are not interested is blaming others for your own failings to back up what you claim.
  • Blown away
     Reply #100 - August 05, 2015, 08:09 PM

I've answered all the questions that were asked. No one asked what the scientific evidence was that makes me certain. Actually, as usual, got into a silly debate about what science is. then someone asked a silly question about the Trinity which is easily googleable.

"Silly debate", lmao. May I remind you that Ted thinks that if he checks to see that his car is in his drive, he is doing science.

• Blown away
     Reply #101 - August 05, 2015, 09:11 PM

We wouldnt have goals but we would just sit under a tree doing nothing.

Ah, now that would be the life, wouldn't it? grin12

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Blown away
     Reply #102 - August 05, 2015, 09:42 PM

I am still stuck on the Muslim=evolved Christian thing.

I read the Bible (OT and NT) and the Quran numerous times and they do not mesh at all. Most of the believing Christians in the USA (multiple denominations) believe that Christ came to release the Jews from the law. So it makes no sense to replace that set of laws with Shariah, it negates the purpose of Christ. The claims that one message morphed into the next makes no sense, as they are not compatible.

I think galfromusa would know more about this than myself, really. But that's my impression.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Blown away
     Reply #103 - August 05, 2015, 11:19 PM

Welcome Ted. I'd be happy to have a back and forth with you but I'm not quite sure I understand just what exactly your beliefs are. Why do you think some things were only relevant when Mo was around? What are they? Why them and not others? Are you quran only or are there hadiths you follow? Are you a literalist or do you take the teachings as allegory, metaphor, poetry? Do you reject the idea that a muslim is one who believes there is no god but allah and Mo is his (last) messenger, since you said sikhs, scientologists and whatnot can be muslim? Etc.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Blown away
     Reply #104 - August 06, 2015, 03:58 AM

I find it funny when you try to talk about reality, Ted.

It's like Inuits talking about The Caribbean.

Like I said before, your ignorance of my character isn't an argument for anything but your own naivety.

Mathematics cannot be proven empirically. Mathematics is a priori. Although the real world can influence mathematics-Newton is a great example. However, no amount of empirical evidence can overturn a mathematical truth. How much mathematics can you understand? If I were to prove that 1+1=2 via the peano axioms, would you be able to comprehend it?

There is no "one logic". Logic comes in the forms of logics. Classical logic and paraconsistent logics are worlds apart.  Logics are languages. All languages have limitations. Logic isn't a universal truth machine.

Mathematics is far more than just formal systems of logical inference, reverse mathematics shows that.

I'll respectfully leave you to dwell in your own made up reality just as instructed by my God. I can't see any point in having a meaningful discussion/debate with someone like yourself.

Same goes to the other members of this forum who are arrogant and here to mock believers.
  • Blown away
     Reply #105 - August 06, 2015, 04:14 AM

Hey dude, good morning  Afro

Hi
  • Blown away
     Reply #106 - August 06, 2015, 04:20 AM

I'll respectfully leave you to dwell in your own made up reality just as instructed by my God. I can't see any point in having a meaningful discussion/debate with someone like yourself.

Same goes to the other members of this forum who are arrogant and here to mock believers.

So when you fail to back up your claims you blame everyone else for ridiculing your empty claims. Hilarious.
  • Blown away
     Reply #107 - August 06, 2015, 05:34 AM

Welcome Ted. I'd be happy to have a back and forth with you but I'm not quite sure I understand just what exactly your beliefs are. Why do you think some things were only relevant when Mo was around? What are they? Why them and not others? Are you quran only or are there hadiths you follow? Are you a literalist or do you take the teachings as allegory, metaphor, poetry? Do you reject the idea that a muslim is one who believes there is no god but allah and Mo is his (last) messenger, since you said sikhs, scientologists and whatnot can be muslim? Etc.

Thanks for engaging.

My beliefs are based from the Quran. They are basically as follows:

There is only one God.
    There is only one "religion" or "path" to God (I feel the word "religion" is misunderstood and used),
    Mohammed was a messenger of God through whom God revealed the Quran.
    The Quran contains a message for all of mankind and is a confirmation of previous revelations given to other peoples, for example Jews.
    The mission of the prophet Mohammed was to bring the Meccan people back to monotheism from paganism.
    There is no requirement to convert Jews/Christians or other monotheist faiths to "Islam". Each can continue to follow their book/revelation.

If you read the Quran it is clear that it is God talking to Mohammed. Some verses in the Quran are trying to convince Mohammed that he is actually receiving a revelation from God. For me this shows that Mohammed was actually a pagan just like the Meccans he was sent to reveal the word of God to. God in the Quran is guiding and convincing Mohammed that there is only one God telling him how people have been misguided or have become corrupted over time.
    The verses which give the command to fight the pagans is clearly only for that time. They clearly urge the believers and Mohammed to have faith in God and to go and fight. There are references to certain locations and certain people.
    Below are some examples of Quranic verses relevant only to Mohammed at that time:

"13. Behold! A party among them said: "Ye men of Yathrib! ye cannot stand (the attack)! therefore go back!" And a band of them ask for leave of the Prophet, saying, "Truly our houses are bare and exposed," though they were not exposed they intended nothing but to run away.
    14. And if an entry had been effected to them from the sides of the (city), and they had been incited to sedition, they would certainly have brought it to pass, with none but a brief delay!
    15. And yet they had already covenanted with Allah not to turn their backs, and a covenant with Allah must (surely) be answered for.
    16. Say: "Running away will not profit you if ye are running away from death or slaughter; and even if (ye do escape), no more than a brief (respite) will ye be allowed to enjoy!"
    17. Say: "Who is it that can screen you from Allah if it be His wish to give you punishment or to give you Mercy?" Nor will they find for themselves, besides Allah, any protector or helper.." 33:13-17

"1. (The Prophet) frowned and turned away,
    2. Because there came to him the blind man (interrupting).
    3. But what could tell thee but that perchance he might grow (in spiritual understanding)?-
    4. Or that he might receive admonition, and the teaching might profit him?
    5. As to one who regards Himself as self-sufficient,
    6. To him dost thou attend;
    7. Though it is no blame to thee if he grow not (in spiritual understanding).
    8. But as to him who came to thee striving earnestly,
    9. And with fear (in his heart),
    10. Of him wast thou unmindful." 80:1-10

If you read the verses above it's quite apparent why they only apply to Mohammed and at that time although you can use them infer lessons to be learnt from the events that happened at the time. For example there is no running away from God. That believers should pay more attention to those who want to learn more about God rather than how rich or influential or important that person is in society.

My main source is the Quran. I'm quite skeptical of hadiths and only accept those that are in agreement with the Quran and are deemed to be good by me. The hadiths for me should be taken very lightly they can be wrong and contradictory.

The Quran for me contains historical events, parables, scientific evidence, logic reasoning and guidance. You need to ponder over each verse and take them for what they are in their context.

If you read the Quran you will find that the term Muslim is used for the disciples of Jesus, prophets and those people who have obeyed the commands of God. Jews who follow their book properly are Muslims same goes for Christians or any person who follows the commands of God. The term "believer" is used for those who accept that the revelation they are listening to is from God. Being a Muslim for me is kind of a step above being believer in that you can believe that the Quran/Bible is a revelation from God but you may not be following the commands of God. When you are praying to God, doing good deeds in the name of God, etc then you are in a state of being muslim, ie you are in a state of submitting to the will of God.

Being a believer does not automatically make you a Muslim. You're a Muslim when you are obeying the commands of God. The Quran clearly warns the believers to fear God and obey his commands lest they become corrupt and end up in Hellfire. Being a believer does not automatically guarantee you from being saved from Hellfire. It's up to you as a believer to use the guidance from God to save yourself and to take advantage of it to live a good and proper life in this world. If you don't than that's your loss.

There is only one message from God and that has been the same message since the first man was created. People get confused between rituals and the message. They think that just because someone prays differently or wears different clothes or has a different revelation that they are worshipping a different God. We were created to have differences but the God is the same God.

I hope the above answers most of your questions. I would like to suggest that you pick a certain specific topic to discuss and we can have a back and forth discussion over it. The topic of Islam is huge and I think it would help to go through each area one by one rather than discuss all of it under one thread.

• Blown away
     Reply #108 - August 06, 2015, 05:37 AM

So when you fail to back up your claims you blame everyone else for ridiculing your empty claims. Hilarious.

Sorry but it's people like yourself who have failed to use your manners and intellect to engage in a meaningful discussion. Stop being so arrogant.
  • Blown away
     Reply #109 - August 06, 2015, 05:38 AM

Translation: "I don't have the ability to offer a cogent reply,so I'll just post more irrelevant bollocks."

• Blown away
     Reply #110 - August 06, 2015, 05:40 AM

Don't rage quit until the weekend when I'll be free to try and chat, ted. Everything exciting happens when I'm at work lately. Grin
  • Blown away
     Reply #111 - August 06, 2015, 05:41 AM

Don't get your hopes up.

• Blown away
     Reply #112 - August 06, 2015, 05:53 AM

I guess this turned contentious fast? I haven't been able to read much of anything on here, but 4 pages in a day says something exciting happened.
  • Blown away
     Reply #113 - August 06, 2015, 06:07 AM

Sorry but it's people like yourself who have failed to use your manners and intellect to engage in a meaningful discussion. Stop being so arrogant.

• Blown away
     Reply #114 - August 06, 2015, 06:14 AM

I would like to suggest that you pick a certain specific topic to discuss and we can have a back and forth discussion over it. The topic of Islam is huge and I think it would help to go through each area one by one rather than discuss all of it under one thread.

There's a one on one forum, you may find that to your interest. Usually it will only be two posters unless someone wants to jump in and both posters are fine with that. There's also ringside seats which allows people to discuss what's being said and give their thoughts. Check them out if you haven't already, and then if you're up for it you can start a thread in the one on one section and one in the ringside seats section.

One on one matches

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?board=31.0

Ringside seats

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?board=32.0

Also, I forgot to give you your parrot. parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Blown away
     Reply #115 - August 06, 2015, 06:27 AM

Ted the therapist:

Maybe this explains why you are so confused about God and religion. I suggest you snap out of it and come back to reality. You're alive, you eat, breathe, see, touch, have feelings, etc. You need to remind yourself what is real and what isn't. Otherwise I can see you even denying this reality.

I get the feeling that the so called ex-Muslims are not really interested in wanting to know the truth. That's fine. Each to their own way.

Peace and best wishes to all of you.

Problem is that people are just not interested in wanting to know the truth. This includes many believers. They'd rather spend their time discussing vain things. They don't want true happiness they want the tiny, temporary happiness of this world/life.

Like I said before. You need to return to the real world, to this reality, rather than delve into concepts which are pretty much irrelevant to your well being.

Of course it does.  And I think I know why you don't believe in God as I was an atheist at one time.

• Blown away
     Reply #116 - August 06, 2015, 06:54 AM

I was right. This thread is a gold mine Grin

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Blown away
     Reply #117 - August 06, 2015, 07:23 AM

The interesting thing is that we all once thought and spoke like Ted, especially the converts.   not meaning that in a patronizing way toward Ted
  • Blown away
     Reply #118 - August 06, 2015, 07:39 AM

"exciting"

Eh. Not really. Dude has barely scratched the surface until his last long post.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Blown away
     Reply #119 - August 06, 2015, 07:40 AM

CallMeTed: The quran makes various supernatural claims, concerning a creator, and that creator's communication with the man Muhammad. What evidence is there to support these claims?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 9 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »