Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: so I got my DNA done and I'm a Khazar

(Read 9770 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • so I got my DNA done and I'm a Khazar
     Reply #30 - May 07, 2016, 11:29 PM

I'd sure as hell be interested in seeing where my DNA has come from. Even though my family was from India, the claim is that our ancestry is Arab. So I'd love to put that to the test. Grin

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #31 - May 07, 2016, 11:45 PM

But it seems a lot of "well established truths " about who's who, and where they came from have been shattered by genetic analysis.

If life has taught me anything, it's that foolish pride over one' s genetics not only is stupid in general, but often turns out to bite you in the arse Grin

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #32 - May 08, 2016, 09:01 AM

^ Yes it is like Nationalism, it isn't perfect.

Nonetheless take them with a grain of salt. As an undergrad currently studying evolutionary biology ans analyzing DNA. It isn't perfect, we can easily prove conclusively MANY black men in America had a great grand mother raped by a White man: this is because Y chromosome never changes and is passed down male to male and it was identical to the one most Europeans had, they also had X chromosome the same as those from Africa while there were a FEW Y chromosome from Africa and X chromosome from Europe.

These are very conclusive, the rest of the DNA test looks at autosomal DNA (the other 22 chromosomes) and that is where it mixes quite a bit but you can see a trend, however conclusive details are more difficult there.
    That is why you get a percentage of how sure they are you are from a certain location because they are not 100% sure but they can say with a reasonable degree of accuracy.
    If they dont give you a percentage of how sure they are, then they will only mention the locations they are sure with a reasonable degree of accuracy, the more questionable parts will be grouped as other

As a scientist I can see farther than any human before me by standing on the shoulders of giants (previous scientists); As a religious follower I can not see what is right in-front of me, even when others INDEPENDENTLY see the same thing!
     Reply #33 - May 08, 2016, 09:04 AM

DNA tests are still expensive, honestly I would say you guys shouldn't put a ton of importance on it, save your money unless you have enough dispensable income and are just curious and still want a test.

I am just saying this so you guys are informed consumers because companies monopolize off of this but they dont tell you the caveat that it isn't always an exact science because of the way meiosis creates lots of random changes in DNA, so just take it with a grain of salt, but you can do what ever you guys wanna do.

To find where to do it just search public dna test or something, you will probably have to pride a cheek swab and in a few weeks you will get your results

As a scientist I can see farther than any human before me by standing on the shoulders of giants (previous scientists); As a religious follower I can not see what is right in-front of me, even when others INDEPENDENTLY see the same thing!
     Reply #34 - May 08, 2016, 02:24 PM

they also had X chromosome the same as those from Africa while there were a FEW Y chromosome from Africa and X chromosome from Europe.

You're thinking of mitochondrial DNA, which is only passed from mother to child. People who get an extra X chromosome from dad do exist. They are called "girls".

Other than that little typo, good summary, and very interesting :^)
     Reply #35 - May 08, 2016, 02:26 PM

DNA tests are still expensive, honestly I would say you guys shouldn't put a ton of importance on it, save your money unless you have enough dispensable income and are just curious and still want a test.

23andme have the additional bonus that they can test for Cystic Fibrosis and other genetic defects. Especially useful for us inbred Khazars. (I turned out to have the CF gene myself, which does suck, so I have to be careful about whom I date. But better we know now, right?)
     Reply #36 - May 08, 2016, 03:26 PM

Doesn't 2.5% Neanderthal mean 1-40? Therefore only 6 generations back, therefore a an ancestor about 1800 was 100% Neanderthal?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #37 - May 08, 2016, 05:40 PM

Doesn't 2.5% Neanderthal mean 1-40? Therefore only 6 generations back, therefore a an ancestor about 1800 was 100% Neanderthal?

It would, if there was one neander-guy, and everybody else were "pure" homo sapiens sapiens.

But if everybody ended up with 2½% neander-genes 10000 years ago, the gene pool would still be a solution with 2½ percent content today.
    (provided that there was no elimination of the genes, eg sexual selection against people looking a bit neandery)
     Reply #38 - May 08, 2016, 07:34 PM

Ursus: It seems that Neander genes get selected out as time goes by, as well.

Europeans' ancestral population was 6% Neanderthal, but now appears half that because of this effect, where the more-Neander-looking hybrids died young and/or didn't catch mates.
     Reply #39 - May 08, 2016, 08:54 PM

Embrace your inner muttism!  Afro
     Reply #40 - May 09, 2016, 02:37 AM

Ursus: It seems that Neander genes get selected out as time goes by, as well.

Europeans' ancestral population was 6% Neanderthal, but now appears half that because of this effect, where the more-Neander-looking hybrids died young and/or didn't catch mates.

Interesting!

I wonder if it was reduced viability or sexual selection that did it?
    (Or probably the usual boring third possibility: "a combination of both")

I'll have to read that paper.
     thnkyu
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »