Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Mourning ceremonies

(Read 1535 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Mourning ceremonies
     OP - July 27, 2015, 07:30 PM

Quote from behi!

ceremonies to cry our hearts out and ruined our lives!

Friends brother died about a month back but I think spent most of yesterday in one of these. What are they about? It sounds emotionally harmful, not grieving properly at own pace.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Mourning ceremonies
     Reply #1 - July 27, 2015, 09:08 PM

Ive never been to one but I hate how people talk good about the dead person, although when said person was alive, no one gave a shit or even cared to meet once.

People are so dishonest.

• Mourning ceremonies
     Reply #2 - July 28, 2015, 06:26 AM

Was it the fortieth day meal that has become traditional amongst some Muslims? I think the idea is to pray for the deceased and to mark the end of the official mourning period.

There is also a fourth day meal and prayers, plus an annual one after that.

Hi
  • Mourning ceremonies
     Reply #3 - July 28, 2015, 09:23 AM

Was it the fortieth day meal that has become traditional amongst some Muslims? I think the idea is to pray for the deceased and to mark the end of the official mourning period.

There is also a fourth day meal and prayers, plus an annual one after that.

Really? That's quite interesting. I wonder if these have their origins in the Jewish mourning rituals (one week of sitting in the house of the dead person mourning, one year of saying a special prayer for them, and on the one year anniversary every year after, repeat the special prayer). The one year thing is because that's the longest amount of time a person can be in hell in Jewish tradition, so they stop needing your special prayers then but you need to remember them? or something to that effect.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Mourning ceremonies
     Reply #4 - July 28, 2015, 03:25 PM

Yup

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »