Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Seeking the supposed ‘truth’, a wild-goose chase with limited time

(Read 2583 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Seeking the supposed ‘truth’, a wild-goose chase with limited time
     OP - August 31, 2020, 05:09 PM

How can I believe in a religion that clearly states that everybody had no choice in being created to exist within this universe in the first place, a universe which exhibits the antithesis of goodness? So this God has forced myself, and billions of others, to live in a universe that has many evils (whilst not existing is much better than a living state where everybody goes through pain and punishment in their lives, and which thereby also, because of existing, allows for the person to risk an eternal damnation in the hereafter?).

To break this down, provided that Islam is true in its claims, which includes the claim of there being an eternal punishment, how is it just for a God to place his creation into a universe, which they again, 1: Are under compulsion to be in (as they never had any option of choosing to exist and not to exist) and, 2: With the infinite knowledge that an Abrahamic God has, why did he choose to create a universe that has many evils, temptations and lies which reduce the chance of the truth seeker enter into into eternal paradise? Why did this Abrahamic God create such obstacles for the truth seeker? Why did this God also deliberately create the human weak (4:28) so that we can be attracted to such things which are obstacles to our salvation? And, 3: As there are many different belief systems, all offering their own ideas to the truth seeker with somewhat similar ex post facto justifications and arguments for their claims, with the truth seeker having an infinite number of decisions that he/she can make in life concerning how he/she reacts, sees and understands these different belief systems, how can one imagine that this truth seeker ever has a sufficient amount of time to come to the supposed truth of Islam? And how can you imagine that this God is just, whilst even if the truth seeker comes to the belief that God does exist, that such a belief (which has no evidence) is also not sufficient for their punishment being only a temporary one and not an eternal one, still having to have their skins roasted and burned again and again, on and on?

To make matters worse, Islam states that Allāh has written the qadr (destiny) of everybody 50,000 years before they have even existed, of whether they will be punished in an eternal hell or rewarded in an eternal paradise. To think about this more critically, what seems to be apparent is that Allāh has created billions of people from within our human race (from among those that disbelieve) for no reason whatsoever but to only, 1: Mislead the believers and, 2: To be fuel for the fire (66:6)? Would a just God not have made such people at all? What is the benefit of such people?

Narrated `Abdullah: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), the truthful and truly-inspired, said, "Each one of you collected in the womb of his mother for forty days, and then turns into a clot for an equal period (of forty days) and turns into a piece of flesh for a similar period (of forty days) and then Allah sends an angel and orders him to write four things, i.e., his provision, his age, and whether he will be of the wretched or the blessed (in the Hereafter). Then the soul is breathed into him. And by Allah, a person among you (or a man) may do deeds of the people of the Fire till there is only a cubit or an arm-breadth distance between him and the Fire, but then that writing (which Allah has ordered the angel to write) precedes, and he does the deeds of the people of Paradise and enters it; and a man may do the deeds of the people of Paradise till there is only a cubit or two between him and Paradise, and then that writing precedes and he does the deeds of the people of the Fire and enters it."

Reading the above hadīth, we can come to the understanding that if it is not possible for people to behave in any other different way for their destiny to be altered (as Allah has already written their destiny), and that this destiny will come to pass and override the acts of what people shall do in their lives, the reality therefore is that every person is then just a robot acting out a divine script. Everything is up to Allah. Hence, Allah is the reason that many people choose to doubt in the truthfulness of Islam and disbelieve. It is Allah that has always wanted us to be disbelievers. It is Allah that has always wanted to punish us with an eternal punishment in hellfire. But who knows, do not lose hope, Allah may have also written for you to become a practicing Salafi before you die!

Does this not sound like utter tripe?

Ahl as-sunnah wal-jamāʻah and following the way of the Salaf. - nope, not anymore.
  • Seeking the supposed ?truth?, a wild-goose chase with limited time
     Reply #1 - August 31, 2020, 06:00 PM

on the otherhand, one can imagine a game with unfair rules and fixed outcomes for each player. you may not like idea but that doesn't make it false.
     Reply #2 - August 31, 2020, 06:16 PM

on the otherhand, one can imagine a game with unfair rules and fixed outcomes for each player. you may not like idea but that doesn't make it false.

Nah.. Crumble.. Nooooo.,    that is NOT false et al., it is truth  nothing but truth.... I still believe some of it truly happened

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Seeking the supposed ?truth?, a wild-goose chase with limited time
     Reply #3 - August 31, 2020, 09:31 PM

there was only one federation and hollywood hogan was its wrestler.

happily following good/bad scripts might be a truer reflection of reality than popular ideas about free will and justice.
     Reply #4 - September 01, 2020, 07:32 AM

there was only one federation and hollywood hogan was its wrestler.

happily following good/bad scripts might be a truer reflection of reality than popular important ideas about free will and justice.

well .. crumble i don't know who that hollywood hogan or hooligan was/is   but  i did not  know about a father of  that Hollywood ((HOLY WOOD) iconic director...

https://www.dawn.com/news/1577337/computer-pioneer-arnold-spielberg-stevens-dad-dies-at-103

that I did not know ., great father.....  glad to read that

as far as  those  your  highlighted words are concerned   let me rephrase  them...

folks who are following  blindly those  good/bad scripts without questioning them might be a truer reflection of brain washed society that follow  the  advertisements either with their free will or that will may be  enforced upon them   but those important ideas  on free will  and justice  are individualistic and an enlightened individual will have constant struggle with-in throughout his/her life  with those two words and his/her actions  day in and day out  and that struggle continues until the end ...

for a simple guy like me .. golden rule works well over 99% of the times ...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »