Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Came to realize this after many years of trying to talk to religious people.

(Read 4066 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Came to realize this after many years of trying to talk to religious people.
     OP - June 25, 2015, 03:01 PM

"A sheep is a wolf's greatest ally"

No matter how much logic you present. No matter how much proof you present. Religion is something that is wired into people on an emotional level and we all know that emotions are far from logical.

I find it funny when religious people try to defend their religion by willful ignorance towards key aspects of that religion. Anything they don't agree with is irrelevant even if it's part of the religion.

Women defending islam for example.  wacko Just boggles my mind.
     Reply #1 - June 25, 2015, 04:07 PM

"A sheep is a wolf's greatest ally"

No matter how much logic you present. No matter how much proof you present. Religion is something that is wired into people on an emotional level and we all know that emotions are far from logical.

I find it funny when religious people try to defend their religion by willful ignorance towards key aspects of that religion. Anything they don't agree with is irrelevant even if it's part of the religion.

Women defending islam for example.  wacko Just boggles my mind.

well googlies., let me hit   your googlies out of the park., I say you are wrong in EVERY WAY at every point., In fact you yourself is an example that proves all of your points are wrong ..

Now correct me if I am wrong...

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - June 25, 2015, 04:55 PM

Honestly don't understand what you mean by that. Please do elaborate.

Your response seems highly emotional and seems to be after some sort of argument. Is that what you're after? Are you simply this forum's troll?

Hmm so many questions
     Reply #3 - June 25, 2015, 06:00 PM

Honestly don't understand what you mean by that. Please do elaborate.

Your response seems highly emotional and seems to be after some sort of argument. Is that what you're after? ........you simply this forum's troll.......

well I am forced to elaborate but you are riot   googlies  w.r.t to those highlighted words  

Hmm so many questions

questions? No questions.,  I didn't ask  any question googlies .,  I just said "you are  wrong in your OP" .. I say again .,  each and every point of your's is wrong  and that includes all these words..
    " sheep........  wolf ........logic ........... proof ........Religion.......Women  .

and the statements with those words.. they are all wrong googlies...

Reply #4 - June 26, 2015, 05:20 AM

No worries googlies, Yeezevee is jesting with you, I think so..

(i'm not understanding yeeze replies on this thread either lol) 
     Reply #5 - June 26, 2015, 06:51 AM

No worries googlies, Yeezevee is jesting with you, I think so..

(i'm not understanding yeeze replies on this thread either lol)  

I know., I know that suki ., and  I will make my posts  in this thread more clear  in time  but i am waiting for  "googlies"  to talk to me  and  to explain me bit more on his opening post because what he is saying in his opening post is wrong....

Reply #6 - June 26, 2015, 10:15 AM

You're going to scare him off! Leave googlies alone!
     Reply #7 - June 26, 2015, 10:22 AM

Yeahh, Yeez, why don't you just explain to him why you think his post is wrong instead of telling him it is and waiting for him to respond? That might be a bit more productive.

Googlies, Yeezevee is a man of mystery and you could go right out your mind trying to understand him sometimes. Grin I've had many a post of mine slashed through by Yeez. It means you're officially one of us.  grin12
     Reply #8 - June 26, 2015, 10:39 AM

You're going to scare him off! Leave googlies alone!

hello um huraira.,  I read  each and every post and and each every line of every post of googlies ., The Ex-Muslim. Don't worry., He is not the person who gets scared of a dirt like yeezevee., So I still say his OP is wrong ..

now...  the people who don't get my response in this folder are..  1). googlies ., 2). Suki., 3) lua ...

Ok.. I need more more members to question me... any Yahoos? any Chromes? any explorers? any sea monkeys? any conquerors  who would like to know why I wrote that?  I am hungry .. let me eat and drink a beer first..

Reply #9 - June 26, 2015, 10:46 AM

Yeezevee is a man of mystery

...and as of today, a man of miracle.

Still posting from beyond the grave. RIP Yeez. Chapeau.
     Reply #10 - June 26, 2015, 11:06 AM

People change their views gradually as more information comes to light. Therefore if you want to persuade somebody of something, the best approach is to describe a position similar to theirs but slightly different. Maybe with religion the best approach is to simply express some doubt that the religion can be 100% accurate.
     Reply #11 - June 26, 2015, 12:22 PM

hello um huraira.,  I read  each and every post and and each every line of every post of googlies ., The Ex-Muslim. Don't worry., He is not the person who gets scared of a dirt like yeezevee., So I still say his OP is wrong ..

now...  the people who don't get my response in this folder are..  1). googlies ., 2). Suki., 3) lua ...

Ok.. I need more more members to question me... any Yahoos? any Chromes? any explorers? any sea monkeys? any conquerors  who would like to know why I wrote that?  I am hungry .. let me eat and drink a beer first..

Yes you are completely correct. I was wrong. 
     Reply #12 - June 26, 2015, 12:26 PM

Yes you are completely correct. I was wrong. 

huh!  what? how?  why you are wrong googlies??

if you don't tell me why you are wrong then I am forced to conclude that you are thinking
    "I don't give fucking shit to this troll  yeeze... and what he says "

Reply #13 - June 26, 2015, 04:32 PM

This is literally you in these intro threads, yeezevee.
     Reply #14 - June 26, 2015, 04:53 PM

(Clicky for piccy!)
    (Clicky for piccy!)

close very close...um huraira  but sometimes  basic instinct takes over because of the culture I was born in to ..

Reply #15 - June 26, 2015, 07:07 PM

Googlies The Yeezy is like that aunt that drinks too much at dinner parties. Hilarious to watch her inflict pain on others while she spews their secrets and must be ignored if your own secrets are being spewed.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
     Reply #16 - June 26, 2015, 08:27 PM

grin12

But yeah, you should really go easy on the new guys, Yeez. She's totally right and you have confused and upset people who were new and didn't know what to make of you before.

But, OP, it's best to embrace the Yeezevee. He means no harm. As the Prophet Happymurtad revealed:
    أ لم تروا كيف خلقنا ييزيف ثم أوحينا إليه قولا عجيبا
    فمنكم من يفهم كلامه و منكم من لا يكاد يفقه منه حديثا
    و علمناه من لدنا علم يوتوب و آتيناه إلى كل فيديو سبيلا
    ليبين لكم ما فيها من حكمة و ليهديكم صراطا مستقيما
    يا أيها الذين كفروا لا تسخروا من يزيف وإن تسخروا منه فعسى أن تسخروا من ررجل قد جعلنا فيه خيرا كثيرا
    واتلوا ما أوحينا إليه من آيات متشابهات ومن يفقه قليلا من ما يقول فقد فاز فوزا عظيما

1. Do you not see how we have created Yeezeeve and inspired him with an odd word?
    2. Lo, of you are those who understand his speech and of you are those who scarcely grasp a word from him.
    3. And we taught him from Us the knowledge of youtube, and we gave unto him a means to every video
    4. So that he may make clear unto you the wisdom that is in it and guide you to a straight way.
    5. Oh ye who have disbelieved!  Mock not Yeezeeve! And if you do mock him, then it may be that you mock a man in whom we have placed much good!
    6. And rehearse that which we have inspired unto him of allegorical signs! And whosoever grasps a little of what he says has indeed achieved a great success!

Reply #17 - June 27, 2015, 08:04 AM

Common all of you guys...... I was only trying to nudge a bit on some of googlies words  I know he is new, only posted six posts and appears to be young & adventures  which is a good sign and wonderful... but you know words like these

...................Women defending islam for example.  wacko Just boggles my mind........

My now recently ex gf

I can't be with you because I feel I am loosing my faith and you make fun of religion too often.   Roll Eyes

You see when you make fun/insult your girl friend's religion to the extent that she leaves you  and you think that "Women defending Islam is wacko"  .... such statements needs bit nudging and correcting ....

well it appears our young googlies realized his mistake .. But....but.... you guys.. ALL OF YOU.....  lazy guys  started making mistakes.. So you know.,  I do have a problem of writing some nudging posts  here and there whether it is for a newcomer or old-comer..

Reply #18 - June 27, 2015, 08:33 AM

Apologies Yeeze..  x
     Reply #19 - June 27, 2015, 09:15 AM

Apologies Yeeze..  x

oh common suki...  that is terrible.. now you made me feel guilty..

no apologies needed from any side here .. except  googlies must apologize to his Ex-girl friend...

Reply #20 - June 27, 2015, 10:26 AM

He didn't say how much he was criticizing Islam, only that she felt it was too much. And too much for her could have been a couple times or even slightly for all we know. It's a sad thing when you can't be open to your partner, no matter what the subject is.

As for women defending Islam, it is hard to make a case that, going by a literal interpretation of the Quran and the hadith, it's the best system for women today. So it's a fair topic of discussion. There are women who are forces for change and progress in Islam, which I think is a good thing (although more would benefit in my opinion for acknowledging why the reform is necessary in the first place than just pretending there is nothing about Islam that could give women the short end of the stick), but there's also women who have accepted roles as oppressors and the oppressed because of it. I can see why women defending it can be surprising to some people, considering.
     Reply #21 - June 27, 2015, 10:46 AM

He didn't say how much he was criticizing Islam, only that she felt it was too much. ................  

Huh!.. I am still logged in .. Dammit stupid stop that.. when you are NOT in the forum you must log off...

Capitaan.........Capitaaaan  .. no excuses... no excuses.,  when family life is at stake because of stupid religions and the Maaaaaaaaan thinks  "his religion is better than his girl friend's or his better half's...."  ......no excuses...

As for women defending Islam, it is hard to make a case that, going by a literal interpretation of the Quran and the hadith, it's the best system for women today...........................

Hmm let me read that again..
    ...Women defending islam for example.  wacko Just boggles my mind........

lua that will not cut with me unless unless you come up with some 2 pages of response in defending that.. you got to go and get a Law Degree on that subject...  It is same whether Man or Woman defending their own faiths...  Woman are not wired differently for religions...   except for political/economical/family reasons women's views get suppressed and different societies have different levels  of that attitude towards women folks..

Reply #22 - June 27, 2015, 11:07 AM

Capitaan.........Capitaaaan  .. no excuses... no excuses.,  when family life is at stake because of stupid religions and the Maaaaaaaaan thinks  "his religion is better than his girl friend's or his better half's...."

I don't think that's a fair deconstruction of his situation. Remember that this is a place where people like him can come and talk about their problems with Islam and how it has affected them and their relationships, even when they're voicing their true opinions on the matter. This--striking out his text, telling him he's wrong, telling him he should apologize to his girlfriend--is kind of bordering on shaming them, in my opinion. This is supposed to be a safe place for this very discussion. You can give your advice to him without all of that, right?

Also, I've had a lot of experience with trying to maintain a relationship while holding my tongue. It wasn't fun. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. If the OP had come and said "my girlfriend might leave me if I insult Islam," I'd probably have advised him that he'd be better off with someone else, anyway. This is supposed to be the closest person in the world to you. Not someone you're putting up a front around, not someone you'd lose if you were honest.

lua that will not cut with me unless unless you come up with some 2 pages of response in defending that..

Yeezevee, whom I love dearly, you know that'd be no problem for me. Grin But honestly, I'm not one of the ones who is surprised. I absolutely get why women and men from all backgrounds would come to or stay in Islam. It's a very human thing across the board.

But I also understand why, when it is ostensibly a less-favorable position for women than many others out there, a woman's voluntary participation and defense of Islam makes some people scratch their heads. Of course this neglects a lot of other factors, but, like I said, I think it's fair to discuss. At least an understandable frustration.
     Reply #23 - June 28, 2015, 09:02 AM

I don't think
    that's a fair deconstruction of his situation. Remember that this is a place where people like him can come and talk about their problems with Islam and how it has affected them and their relationships, even when they're voicing their true opinions on the matter. This--striking out his text, telling him he's wrong, telling him he should apologize to his girlfriend--is kind of bordering on shaming them, in my opinion. This is supposed to be a safe place for this very discussion. You can give your advice to him without all of that, right?

Also, I've had a lot of experience with trying to maintain a relationship while holding my tongue. It wasn't fun. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. If the OP had come and said "my girlfriend might leave me if I insult Islam," I'd probably have advised him that he'd be better off with someone else, anyway. This is supposed to be the closest person in the world to you. Not someone you're putting up a front around, not someone you'd lose if you were honest.

Hmm.. lua you have every right think and I have every right to question your thinking.,  but for now I will wait for the responses of  googlies  ... After reading him I will question you + your thinking..

Yeezevee, whom I love dearly, you know that'd be no problem for me. Grin
     But honestly, I'm not one of the ones who is surprised. I absolutely get why women and men from all backgrounds would come to or stay in Islam. It's a very human thing across the board. 

But I also understand why, when it is ostensibly a less-favorable position for women than many others out there, a woman's voluntary participation and defense of Islam makes some people scratch their heads. Of course this neglects a lot of other factors, but, like I said, I think it's fair to discuss. At least an understandable frustration.

Well for now I will forgive you for loving "yeezevee" dearly,.. but next time that will not work  lua  and again let me wait for googlies  ... Mowgli's....... responses...

Reply #24 - June 28, 2015, 10:55 AM

Hmm.. lua you have every right think and I have every right to question your thinking.,  but for now I will wait for the responses of  googlies  ... After reading him I will question you + your thinking..

Well for now I will forgive you for loving "yeezevee" dearly,.. but next time that will not work  lua and again let me wait for googlies  ... Mowgli's....... responses...

grin12 Okay, Yeez.
     Reply #25 - July 30, 2015, 01:41 PM

huh!  what? how?  why you are wrong googlies??

if you don't tell me why you are wrong then I am forced to conclude that you are thinking

I have come to know that I was wrong about several things. Which one specifically are you referring to?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »