Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What do you live for?

(Read 27579 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #30 - August 07, 2015, 08:08 PM

And good music! The thought crossed my mind once that never in Jannah is music mentioned as a pleasure. What the hell would be the point of an eternity with no music to set the stage?
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #31 - August 07, 2015, 09:25 PM

I live for black coffee, nerds, and twizzlers. I live for good books on fall days. I live for mountains, beaches, and sunshine. I live for interesting conversation and new perspectives. I live for travel and adventure. I live for useless information and optimistic ideals. I live for the hope that the end will be better than the beginning. I live for a true and real connection with another soul. And ultimately, I live for the day that I die staring into the eyes of a beloved, as my kids say, "Ya know what, our dad was a pretty cool dude."

Nice.
    I live for my daughter's sake and her happiness. To feel the warmth from the sun's rays that have traveled 150 million kilometers to reach me. For my next orgasm  Wink To experience a new day, whether it be the best, worst or most meaningless day of my life. I live for everything and nothing. I find it way more satisfying to se life as it is; without despairing for life's seemingly meaninglessness, or searching in vain for a greater purpose and thus missing out on what is right in front of you. Or what could very well be there.

And nice Smiley

Hi
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #32 - August 07, 2015, 10:11 PM

I don’t know what I live for most days nor what I really believe in. But I have lived a month and half ago for Laura, for her quick to please and easy to please heart. I lived also for her narrow blue eyes, small monkeyish feet and fraudulently white thighs which, all things considered with a kiss, were like a remote, apocryphal beach upon which a kingdom of sun and sand might be built any moment.
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #33 - August 07, 2015, 10:34 PM

Brilliant Whabbist. You made me laugh, and smile heartily with that. I'm still smiling in fact.

You also somehow reinforced the joy of living just that little bit more for me. Not that I need much help with that, to be honest.

Hi
  • Where are you?
     Reply #34 - March 19, 2016, 03:35 PM

Brilliant Whabbist. You made me laugh, and smile heartily with that. I'm still smiling in fact.

You also somehow reinforced the joy of living just that little bit more for me. Not that I need much help with that, to be honest.

I promise you more ludicrous love and riotous laughter. Just come back, my dear.
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #35 - March 19, 2016, 05:54 PM

I live for the sake of living because the alternative seems a bit pointless.

Not to mention the fact that now there are Star Wars movies coming out at least once every 1 and a half years electrifies me to no end. These experiences - music, movies, books, in short creativity, is what drives humanity and seeing how we as a species progress and produce innovate means with which to convey the meta-narratves of yesterday is something that I look forward too.

That and good comedians. You need a good laugh. Also, I look forward to having a shitty day or week and then just sitting down to a gorgeous mouth-wateringly scrumptious bolognaise pizza or lasagne, a can of coke or lilt and a Kinder Bueno. Mmmmm. Then there's waiting for the summer to arrive and the holidays to hit so that you can binge watch Game of Thrones or Lost or Stargate Atlantis and then head of to the beach or play table tennis or hang out with friends and have fish and chips then lemon-top ice cream!

Oh, or course, there's things like family and friends blah, blah, blah.  Wink ...that top of the 'living' experience depending upon the nature of your relationship.

If you are by yourself and content with what you have then it's all good. Also, having your views challenged is something I want to live for. There's always the hope that one day - you just 'get it' and it falls in to place. There you go.

Anyway, here's a 'song' that some of you may like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI

Oh! And how could I miss art? We all need good art. How could I forget the art!?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #36 - March 19, 2016, 09:23 PM

So a while ago I thought I lived for 3 things two of which aren't legal in the state of Illinois.

Well it's interesting, but as necessary as I felt they were for my happiness, I've realized when I didn't or couldn't have any given one of them, I could still make do and live in a very satisfying way. And I realized that what I enjoyed about some of those things were the component parts of them. What it is about them that made me feel a special way.

There are always going to be things that have the components in them that make you feel a special way. Some things will combine these components in a way that will make you want to experience them over and over again, and these we will miss when they're not part of our lives. But still, there are aspects of so many different things that we could do which can give us satisfaction in our lives. So yeah, I'm rambling, but if I'm answering my question more directly once more I would say that I live for the components of unforgettable experiences, and experiencing more of those things that I will miss.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #37 - March 30, 2016, 04:21 PM

To live to see another sunshine and rain, to discover something new, to live for the girl I love, and to tap some easy ass.
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #38 - March 30, 2016, 05:22 PM

And good music! The thought crossed my mind once that never in Jannah is music mentioned as a pleasure. What the hell would be the point of an eternity with no music to set the stage?

Wow, you're right. Music is food for the soul, and the manifestation thereof. A Jannah without music is no Jannah at all.

I live for experience. I live for energy. I live for clarity. I live for expansion. I live for connection. I live for simple pleasures, exhilarating adventures, and everything in between. Life is both a terrible and beautiful phenomenon, and to not fill your lungs with every aspect of it is to waste it.

In less abstract terms, currently I live for studying, fitness, and drinking in the fresh spring sun and air. And cycling. And golf.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #39 - April 01, 2016, 07:46 AM

Golf? Surely that would be justification for suicide, rather than a reason for living. Tongue

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #40 - April 01, 2016, 07:46 AM

Anyway, I live to annoy golfers. Serves them right. bunny

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #41 - April 01, 2016, 09:02 AM

My loved ones, career goals and the many things in life that I have not experienced yet but look forward to.
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #42 - April 01, 2016, 11:34 PM

Golf? Surely that would be justification for suicide, rather than a reason for living. Tongue

Grin

Golf is uniquely both athletic and relaxing. Plus it's totally acceptable to have a beer while playing (and after...  sloshed ). And you can have a great game even if you're terrible at it, which I am! parrot

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #43 - April 03, 2016, 04:23 AM

Grin

Golf is uniquely both athletic and relaxing. Plus it's totally acceptable to have a beer while playing (and after...  sloshed ). And you can have a great game even if you're terrible at it, which I am! parrot

JOTM

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #44 - June 11, 2016, 11:24 PM

Being able to privately enjoy whatever level of nudity I choose to be in, without having to worry about anyone barging in on me.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #45 - June 14, 2016, 06:01 PM

^^I take it you live alone then? How I dream of the day I can as well :(
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #46 - June 14, 2016, 08:51 PM

I live for my cat. Honestly, I think I'd manage fine without my family and friends but not my kitty!
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #47 - June 14, 2016, 09:46 PM

Cheesy

Anyway, I live to annoy golfers. Serves them right. bunny

Cheesy   Cheesy

Sorry Luthiel, I'm deffo with osmanthus on this one Tongue

• What do you live for?
     Reply #48 - June 14, 2016, 10:09 PM

I live for my daughter's sake and her happiness. To feel the warmth from the sun's rays that have traveled 150 million kilometers to reach me. For my next orgasm  Wink To experience a new day, whether it be the best, worst or most meaningless day of my life. I live for everything and nothing. I find it way more satisfying to se life as it is; without despairing for life's seemingly meaninglessness, or searching in vain for a greater purpose and thus missing out on what is right in front of you. Or what could very well be there.

This is a good answer. Particularly regarding not missing out on the moments that make up each day, week and year. What's the point of we don't really  experience what's right in front of us, before it's gone?

As for me, currently living to pay off my debts (getting there, slowly), to be a good son to my truly amazing parents.

Food.

And this. I love food! Sugar. Sweets. Pastry. Sausage rolls (when I'm feeling rebellious). Love sausage rolls!!! Reminds me of car journeys to Cornwall when I was a kid!
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #49 - June 14, 2016, 10:21 PM

This makes me sound a bit shallow  ohmy idiot2  I like to think I'm not. But it does make things easier for now. Basically I'm taking each day as it comes, enjoying travelling up and down this beautiful land and being paid for it (Midlands to Glasgow yesterday and back today, love it) , whilst keeping half an eye on the bigger picture.
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #50 - June 14, 2016, 10:45 PM

I live for the day our neighbours sod off
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #51 - June 14, 2016, 11:22 PM

i live for my family. they are amazing for having put up with my anti Islamic views for all these years. l love em.
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #52 - June 15, 2016, 02:58 AM

For those that love me. Everything else is filler.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #53 - June 15, 2016, 07:57 PM

^^I take it you live alone then? How I dream of the day I can as well :(

I try to, whenever I can. Currently I do! You'll get there, don't worry. Smiley

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #54 - June 15, 2016, 08:01 PM

For those that love me. Everything else is filler.

far away hug

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #55 - June 15, 2016, 09:59 PM

far away hug

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #56 - June 16, 2016, 11:45 AM

and prawn cocktail crisps and aloo ka paratha
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #57 - June 16, 2016, 11:46 AM

and painting. (when i get the chance!)
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #58 - June 16, 2016, 06:15 PM

Do not live for HARAM and have HAYYA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-36548882

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • What do you live for?
     Reply #59 - June 17, 2016, 11:16 AM

My family are my main focus at the moment.

I'm sitting the the waiting room while my 16 yr old daughter has her second MRI scan - she has suspected MS resulting in lesions on her brain that caused her to lose part of her vision for 4 weeks (it is starting to come back now thankfully). We also had another family health scare not long before. This has made me painfully aware of how precious life is as you never know what is around the corner, so make the most of what time you have with your loved ones while you can.

• Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »