Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 21-year-old man suspected of killing nine people at a historic African-American

(Read 4830 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 21-year-old man suspected of killing nine people at a historic African-American
     OP - June 18, 2015, 05:43 PM

21-year-old man suspected of killing nine people at a historic African-American church in Charleston, AMRIKA says news..

CHARLESTON: US police on Thursday reportedly captured a 21-year-old white gunman who killed nine people at a prayer meeting in one of the nation's oldest black churches in Charleston, an attack being probed as a hate crime.

The shooting at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in the southeastern US city was one of the worst attacks on a place of worship in the country in recent years, and comes at a time of lingering racial tensions.

The suspect — identified as Dylann Roof of Columbia, South Carolina — has been taken into custody in neighboring North Carolina, CNN and two local television stations reported, citing law enforcement sources.

Churchgoers had gathered Wednesday evening when the shooter walked into the building, sat in the congregation for about an hour and then opened fire, Charleston Police Chief Gregory Mullen said.

Three men and six women were killed, and several other people were wounded. Among the dead was the church's pastor Clementa Pinckney, who was also a Democratic state senator.

“At this point, we have nine victims in this hideous crime that has been committed,” Mullen told journalists.

"I do believe it was a hate crime." Police released photos of Roof — a slender white man with dark blond or brown hair in a distinctive bowl-type haircut and wearing a grey sweater.

“He obviously is extremely dangerous,” Mullen said

that is the news from AMRIKA.. well read more at that link....  Yap... Target people who are black and goes to Church.....

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 21-year-old man suspected of killing nine people at a historic African-American
     Reply #1 - June 18, 2015, 06:35 PM

Ugh, humans.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #2 - June 18, 2015, 06:37 PM

Ugh, humans.

..humans?.. HUMANS??  if that is human   I prefer to be called as FILTHY ANIMAL..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IiVdPlhuRc

That is how hater's mind works .. She apparently is the cousin of that Church Pastor who was shot dead by that hero who is trying to save white skin in AMRIKA..

Reply #3 - June 18, 2015, 08:08 PM

Guns+mental illness=bad combination.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #4 - June 18, 2015, 08:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEUY5im1cwc

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/6/17/charleston-church-shooting.html

The suspected gunman in the deadly shooting at a South Carolina church has been caught, Attorney General Loretta Lynch confirmed on Thursday. Dylann Roof, 21, was detained in Shelby, North Carolina, police officials said. Mullen, who also said he believes the incident to be a “hate crime,” told reporters at a morning news briefing that Roof "was at the church to attend a meeting" on Wednesday night and "was there almost an hour before the shooting occurred."

"This tragedy that we’re addressing right now is indescribable and because of the pain and because of hurt that his individual has caused this entire community, the law enforcement agencies working on this are committed and we will catch this individual," Mullen said prior to Roof's arrest.

“It is unfathomable that somebody in today’s society would walk into a church when people are having a prayer meeting and take their lives," he added.

Roof sat with churchgoers inside the Charleston church for about an hour on Wednesday before opening fire, Mullen said. He reloaded five times, even as victims pleaded with him to stop, according to a relative of Pinckney. Pinckney tried to talk him out of it, she said.

Carson Cowles, Roof's uncle, told law enforcement officials on Thursday that he recognized Roof in a photo released by police. He described Roof as a quiet, soft-spoken man, adding that Roof's father gave him a .45-caliber pistol for his birthday this year..

Reply #5 - June 19, 2015, 04:40 AM

It's a combination of racism and the U.S.'s irresponsible gun culture. This guy was given a gun for his 21st birthday by his father, made racist jokes chalked up as 'southern pride', was planning this for months according to a friend of his, wore apartheid era south african flag, had confederate flag on his car's license plate, and a number of other signs, like what he said to the black people that he murdered after sitting in bible study with them in a historical church that was at the forefront of anti-slavery movements in the U.S.

Sources/articles of interest:
    Charleston Shooting Suspect May Have Planned Attack For Months
        Dylann Roof, 21, is suspected of fatally shooting three men and six women who gathered for a prayer meeting at a historic black church in Charleston Wednesday night.
        Roof, of Lexington, South Carolina, was arrested Thursday during a traffic stop in Shelby, North Carolina.
        President Obama addressed the tragedy: “At some point we as a country have to reckon with the fact that this kind of mass murder doesn’t happen in other countries.”
        Officials said the shooter sat at the church meeting for an hour before opening fire.
        “There is absolutely no doubt in my mind this is a hate crime,” Charleston’s police chief said Thursday. U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch said she has launched a hate crime investigation into the attack.
        Charleston’s mayor on Thursday called the attack a “horrific crime” and an “unspeakable act.”
        Roof’s roommate told ABC that he had likely been planning the attack for six months.

Shooters of color are called ‘terrorists’ and ‘thugs.’ Why are white shooters called ‘mentally ill’?

Take Down the Confederate Flag—Now

The Charleston massacre has sparked a crucial conversation on Twitter about mental health

Everything Known About Charleston Shooting Suspect Dylann Roof

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #6 - June 19, 2015, 04:53 AM

An Emotional Stewart Drops the Comedy to Talk Charleston: ‘We Still Won’t Do Jackshit’

Jon Stewart apologized to his audience tonight for not having any jokes for them, as he just dropped the comedy to get serious about Charleston. He said, “I honestly have nothing, other than just sadness.”

“By acknowledging it,” Stewart pointed out, “by staring into that and seeing it for what it is, we still won’t do jackshit. Yeah, that’s us. That’s the part that blows my mind.”

He contrasted how the U.S. does whatever it can to protect everyone from foreign threats, but has an “eh, what are you gonna do?” attitude to domestic threats.

Stewart brought up the racial wounds being opened in Charleston, especially invoking how South Carolina still flies the Confederate flag and has roads named for Confederate generals.

He sarcastically added, “And the white guy’s the one who feels like his country’s being taken away from him.”

source; http://www.mediaite.com/tv/stewart-drops-the-comedy-to-talk-charleston-we-still-wont-do-jackshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaW47WxcwPQ

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #7 - June 19, 2015, 09:44 AM

The Victims of that Tragedy ....

Rev Daniel Simmons Sr, 74, was the only victim to die at a hospital and not the church.

Susie Jackson, 87, was a cousin of Lance and was a long time church member, according to the Post and Courier.

Rev Depayne Middleton-Doctor, 49, was a mother of four daughters and a minister at the church, according to the Post and Courier.

Ethel Lee Lance, 70, worked for the church for 30 years, her grandson told the Post and Courier

ywanza Sanders was a recent graduate of Allen University, a private historically black university in South Carolina

Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, a speech therapist, pastor and high school track coach, was a mother of three. Ms Singleton was a track athlete at South Carolina State University

Reverend Clementa Pinckney  South Carolina State Senator Clementa Pinckney was the church's pastor since 2010 and a well-known community leader.  He was considered a rising star of Democratic politics in a largely Republican state.

Cynthia Hurd, 54, was a beloved employee of the Charleston County Public Library for 31 years. "Cynthia was a tireless servant of the community who spent her life helping residents,

So when people like that get killed in a senseless violence   by  a Baboon  with Baboonistic Ideologies in their brain.. I often used to wonder  Why God  can not save such people    And I wondered  about that question for a looooooooong time..  At that time I suspected the answer,, Now for the past 15 years or so I know the Answer..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfqHLX3hdcs

Reply #8 - June 19, 2015, 12:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipjM0dBDQqQ

Reply #9 - June 20, 2015, 02:33 PM

CHARLESTON MASSACRE SUSPECT'S FAMILY PROVIDES FIRST STATEMENT SAYS NEWS

And Those who lost the loved ones  in the hands of that brutal baboon  say   "We Forgive You"... We Forgive You...... what a song to sing   well here is the tube on that..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ut4b_D3S2M

Reply #10 - June 20, 2015, 04:37 PM

Rick Perry AMRIKA presidentaila candidate " Charleston massacre was an ‘accident’ caused by drugs — not guns

Well if he gets elected AMRIKA WILL BE IN A GREAT SHAPE ..  watch him talk..

Reply #11 - June 27, 2015, 11:42 AM

Obama leads singing of Amazing Grace at Charleston funeral   says BBC news

US President Obama has delivered the eulogy at the service for the church leader and South Carolina state senator, Clementa Pinckney, who was among nine people shot dead in the city of Charleston last week. The attack on the bible study group at a historic African-American church is thought to be racially motivated.

President Obama concluded his oration by leading the congregation in singing the hymn, Amazing Grace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtLynhY5hA8

Amazing Grace Indeed Grace is Amazing...  That English  John Newton's "Amazing Grace" has different tunes.. different colors and different singers sometimes even different words . John Newton though a white English guy understood what it means to be slave and what it means to have slave mentality and slave ownership mentality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsCp5LG_zNE

well Faith shows different paths to  people and  different people take different faiths in their lives..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA0b4eZTlrA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK7tYOVd0Hs

well Interesting song has very interesting origins..
      "Amazing Grace" is a Christian hymn published in 1779, with words written by the English poet and clergyman John Newton (1725–1807).

Newton wrote the words from personal experience. He grew up without any particular religious conviction, but his life's path was formed by a variety of twists and coincidences that were often put into motion by his recalcitrant insubordination. He was pressed (involuntarily forced) into service in the Royal Navy, and after leaving the service, he became involved in the Atlantic slave trade. In 1748, a violent storm battered his vessel off the coast of County Donegal, Ireland so severely that he called out to God for mercy, a moment that marked his spiritual conversion. Whilst his boat was being repaired in Lough Swilly, he wrote the first verse of his world famous song. He did however, continue his slave trading career until 1754 or 1755, when he ended his seafaring altogether and began studying Christian theology.

Ordained in the Church of England in 1764, Newton became curate of Olney, Buckinghamshire, where he began to write hymns with poet William Cowper. "Amazing Grace" was written to illustrate a sermon on New Year's Day of 1773. It is unknown if there was any music accompanying the verses; it may have simply been chanted by the congregation. It debuted in print in 1779 in Newton and Cowper's Olney Hymns but settled into relative obscurity in England. In the United States however, "Amazing Grace" was used extensively during the Second Great Awakening in the early 19th century. It has been associated with more than 20 melodies, but in 1835 it was joined to a tune named "New Britain" to which it is most frequently sung today.

Reply #12 - June 27, 2015, 12:08 PM

You can't beat amazing grace on the bagpipes.. 

Obama is so cool lol,
     Reply #13 - June 27, 2015, 12:20 PM

Obama is so cool lol,

that is because that guy spent some time  in Pakistan.....  Cheesy Cheesy
    Obama did go to Pakistan that year when he was 20 years old with a college friend, after first seeing his mother and half-sister in Indonesia. That much is true. When he mentioned the 1981 trip during a campaign appearance last year, it came as news, because he had not previously written of it in his books.

Reply #14 - June 30, 2015, 06:59 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTl4u8-KNbw

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »