Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Greek island refugee crisis

(Read 108182 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 33 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Greek island refugee crisis
     Reply #30 - June 09, 2015, 09:26 PM

I hope you realize what refugee means and how long the asylum process takes. At times many do not have time to stop by their local embassy to fill out paper work since they are busy fleeing for their lives. Keep in mind that many governments have laws which allows one to apply for refugee status for people are already there illegally. Canada for example allows this and recognizes the status via third-party nation. So in the case in point a number of refugees could apply to Canada if recognized by Greece.
     Reply #31 - June 09, 2015, 09:27 PM

I think I knew it very clear. And it's very clear that you didn't realized how this people were getting in. But you did now. Glad to help you.
     Reply #32 - June 09, 2015, 09:30 PM

I know people get in illegally, Hence I cited refugee laws as I can identify the difference with a refugee and an illegal alien. I am pointing out there is a process within nations that allow this thus you argument based on illegal border-crossing is nonsense. You have yet to "help" me with anything since the OP and the post following, none of which is made by you, already state this a fact. Did you not look at anything before launching into your anti-immigrant rant?
     Reply #33 - June 09, 2015, 09:31 PM

I hope you realize what refugee means and how long the asylum process takes. At times many do not have time to stop by their local embassy to fill out paper work since they are busy fleeing for their lives. Keep in mind that many governments have laws which allows one to apply for refugee status for people are already there illegally. Canada for example allows this and recognizes the status via third-party nation. So in the case in point a number of refugees could apply to Canada if recognized by Greece.

The fact that refugees are entering in EU is understandable even illegally.
    It doesn't absolve Turkey to do what it does. Meaning nothing. I understand with Libya, but not with Turkey.
     Reply #34 - June 09, 2015, 09:33 PM

Nope since they are refugees the EU is allowing this based on the 3rd party status which I mentioned in my first post. It is legal for these nations. No it does not absolve Turkey. However it does not render the law invalid due to Turkey or your anti-immigrant views. You lack empathy for their situation and really do not care if they die or not. You only care about bureaucracy rather than human lives.
     Reply #35 - June 09, 2015, 09:39 PM

If I have something with immigrants in general as you and others think, I would have said something about Libya also. Which is not the case as only an idiot would think that given the fertility in EU, we don't need immigrants.

Reply #36 - June 09, 2015, 09:39 PM

You're wrong. 2 millions Turkey, 1 million Jordan, 1 million Lebanon. If we take 500000 per year we will balance out this soon. I can understand not much can be done with Libya, but Turkey is another matter.

Plus, I doubt if many Ukrainians are becoming refugees Turkey will take any. It is a regional issue.

So how many has your country taken?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #37 - June 09, 2015, 09:46 PM

I dont know.
     Reply #38 - June 09, 2015, 09:49 PM

So there's no massive influx into your country then obviously. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #39 - June 09, 2015, 09:51 PM

It matters?
     Reply #40 - June 09, 2015, 09:55 PM

You are treating refugees as illegal immigrants thus you have an issue with immigration on some level and conflating the two. Considering your conflation based on legality you ignore laws specifically dealing with refugees with by definition does not make them illegal. They status is undetermined but they can still legally apply for asylum with inside a host nation.  You also ignore, as pointed out above, that their entrance into EU is in fact legal due to third party and U.N status. Your emphasis on the idea this could cause a greater increase in illegal immigration and refugee claims is a slippery slope fallacy. You only want a slow trick of refugees coming in with all their paperwork in order while following the least effective level of bureaucracy available and ignore the other options. Your idea of sending them back to Turkey shows a real lack of empathy.

Your own post in this thread show how you conflate the two terms.

What? Should EU accept illegal immigrants?

So that's why governments are battling with it? It's a spectacle for you. Not because illegal immigration creates problems.  

I guess you missed the previous posts about the refugee crisis. the OP and the thread title.....

Backpedal away, I expect no less from you now.
     Reply #41 - June 09, 2015, 09:57 PM

It matters?

Actually it does. If your nation is not one that is accepting refugees then you are simply bitching about how other nations are run.
     Reply #42 - June 09, 2015, 10:05 PM

You are treating refugees as illegal immigrants thus you have an issue with immigration on some level and conflating the two. Considering your conflation based on legality you ignore laws specifically dealing with refugees with by definition does not make them illegal. They status is undetermined but they can still legally apply for asylum with inside a host nation.  You also ignore, as pointed out above, that their entrance into EU is in fact legal due to third party and U.N status. Your emphasis on the idea this could cause a greater increase in illegal immigration and refugee claims is a slippery slope fallacy. You only want a slow trick of refugees coming in with all their paperwork in order while following the least effective level of bureaucracy available and ignore the other options. Your idea of sending them back to Turkey shows a real lack of empathy.

Your own post in this thread show how you conflate the two terms.

I guess you missed the previous posts about the refugee crisis. the OP and the thread title.....

Backpedal away, I expect no less from you now.

Lack of empathy is to send them back in Libya not in Turkey. In Turkey they have the same status. 
     Reply #43 - June 09, 2015, 10:07 PM

It matters?

Yes it matters.  If other EU countries take refugees from Syria, what's it to you?

Reply #44 - June 09, 2015, 10:09 PM

Turkey is doing nothing for these people thus you condemn them to poverty and starvation. Which is no better than what they face in Syria. There will still be acts of violence as people become desperate. Locals will use violence against outsiders as well. Lets no pretend Turkey has the best record when it comes to treating minorities. You still lack empathy.
     Reply #45 - June 09, 2015, 10:09 PM

Actually it does. If your nation is not one that is accepting refugees then you are simply bitching about how other nations are run.

Lool. My country is accepting refugees.  It doesn't want them, but who does?
     Reply #46 - June 09, 2015, 10:11 PM

Yes it matters.  If other EU countries take refugees from Syria, what's it to you?

It gives him a talking point in order to tell how people to run their nations from his own home. I am going to call him procul praeses.
     Reply #47 - June 09, 2015, 10:12 PM

Perhaps you should take your complaints to your government rather than airing them here.
     Reply #48 - June 09, 2015, 10:14 PM

There are people in western EU countries who say exactly the same about immigrants from Eastern Europe.   How does that make you feel?

Reply #49 - June 09, 2015, 10:19 PM

Turkey is doing nothing for these people thus you condemn them to poverty and starvation. Which is no better than what they face in Syria. There will still be acts of violence as people become desperate. Locals will use violence against outsiders as well. Lets no pretend Turkey has the best record when it comes to treating minorities. You still lack empathy.

I doubt Turkey does nothing. But let's say you are right.
    So EU should accept all worldwide refugees? Why not all discriminated people in the world? To show that we really care and have empathy? Why is a syrian refugee much more important than a poor african?
     Reply #50 - June 09, 2015, 10:30 PM

There are people in western EU countries who say exactly the same about immigrants from Eastern Europe.   How does that make you feel?

I feel that they are right. British have all the right to complain and single out Romanians when many of them go there to commit illegalities. Why should the not? Whyit is racism to say that one third of rRomanians in UK commit illegalities when it is the truth. I won't like this either.
     Reply #51 - June 09, 2015, 10:34 PM

One third of Romanians in the UK commit illegalities?  Citation needed.

Reply #52 - June 09, 2015, 10:44 PM

No need for that. I don't know numbers. I heard is high. I write ftom my phone so I just gave a figure l can't check now.  Thing is the unpleasant truth should not be hidden out. I really understand those in West fed up with romanians. I'm also.
     Reply #53 - June 09, 2015, 11:06 PM

You throwing out a figure that you heard and didn't check is not an unpleasant truth.  Its just you spouting off without knowing what you're talking about.

Reply #54 - June 09, 2015, 11:15 PM

Arriving at Molyvos
     Reply #55 - June 09, 2015, 11:20 PM

You dont know what I'm talking about. I know very well what I'm talking about. The fact that Romanians are singled out for some illegalities in uk is not just coincidence.  There's a cultural problem here. I don't have time now to explain. And I've seen some figures,  but I won't look outfrom my phone and now.
     Reply #56 - June 09, 2015, 11:42 PM

^I get an idea where this is going.

Reply #57 - June 10, 2015, 05:10 AM

Another polarised slanging match. Shame.

I wish there was honest discussion of how many refugees the EU is willing to take, and whether their status should be permanent or temporary. Also, honest discussion of housing allocation priorities. The budget for benefits is theoretically limitless; the supply of social housing isn't.

People are asking nbhb for figures and detailed policy, yet failing to provide detailed ideas of what they think Europe should do in the short and long term.

I've no idea myself.
     Reply #58 - June 10, 2015, 06:01 AM

Well first the governments need to reflect on their foreign and refugee policies. If there are no major plans to help Syria long term, form a unified government or at the least stop the war then they must realize that the refugee status will be long term rather than short term. With this in mind a plan must be made for integration of refugees along with a process of gained citizenship. To do otherwise just places refugees in the confines of limbo as non-citizens dependent on the government with no recourse but to wait out the storm. A visa work program for skilled and technical expertise can create productive members of a nation. This allows them to support their families, get off the government buck and giving them a chance to actually start new lives. I do not know about the EU's job supply and demands. However for Canada I do know it has a growing shortage in the trade skill market which is increasing every year. By policy Canada is interested in filling the demands of vacant jobs to the point of businesses and government cooperation for work visas and immigration applications. Following this example there has to be jobs within the greater market some refugees are qualified in any numbers of EU nations. An education program should be created for those without certified qualifications in order to gain just such certification. Many trade-skill labourers are trained by apprenticeship with certification being only proof of the apprenticeship and technical studies. Many refugees will have the apprenticeship experience but lack certification. This results in this group transitioning into the above group with the above group are become citizen under a visa and citizenship program. The uneducated show be granted full access to the education system within the public scope based on the education level of each individual. This allows them to progress to the apprenticeship level above. Last comes their children which due to age slowly transition into the above group as they age.

A dialogue between nations with refugee programs needs to develop with the above in mind, especial foreign policy, in order to pool resources. This will allow those that wish to apply for status in nations they are not currently in. Nations like Canada can take those wishing to come to Canada rather than whatever EU nation they happen to be in now. Via the UN a fund to help off set individual nations burdens has already been setup. This needs to become implemented to the level of other UN refugee programs quickly before the burden on the current national populations is not too great.

I know this is all too optimistic but even attempting this on a small scale will help some escape the limbo of being a refugee.
     Reply #59 - June 10, 2015, 08:18 AM

^I get an idea where this is going.

(Clicky for piccy!)

You got it wrong. I wasn't talking about Roma people, although I believe their tribal culture is also bad.
    I was talking about a behavior among ethnic Romanians, some form of culture formed during communist regime and most prevalent in the part of Romania which was never under Germanic influence.
    It was most during the Ceausescu regime that people made petty crime and theft a national sport because having their properties, lands confiscated and a regime imposing food rationalization, they felt entitled to steal from state. Unfortunately this behavior, although has dwindled a little bit, it is still there.
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 33 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »