Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: "Coming out" subforum suggestion

(Read 4330 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • "Coming out" subforum suggestion
     OP - June 06, 2015, 07:01 PM

Hello Admins,

I was thinking about where to put a "coming out" story, and it hit me - there should really be a dedicated subforum on this! It'd mean all coming out tales are collated in a series of threads. Therein people may well find inspiration. Such topics can include:

1. Thinking of coming out.
    2. Came out - here's my story.
    3. Family reactions.

I look forward to hearing your consideration.

One only acquires wisdom when one sets the heart and mind open to new ideas.

Chat: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#ex-muslims
     Reply #1 - June 06, 2015, 08:06 PM

Many people do that in the Introductions section when they first join http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?board=2.0 or if they didn't want to reveal at first, many have blogs they update from time to time in the Ex-Muslim Blogs and Bios section http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?board=10.0

Is that what you mean?

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #2 - June 06, 2015, 11:33 PM

Sort of, yes. But the thing is it's easier if there's literally a "Coming out" subforum/section. Because it's so integral to a wide number of members here, and finding the stories without having to dig deep for it in the non-specific introductions and/or blogs & bios' will make life a lot easier I personally believe. Ultimately it is up to you guys to consider it, but if I were asked I'd say it would be a great idea to have something like this Smiley

Reply #3 - June 07, 2015, 11:07 PM

I think the intros and bios suffice.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #4 - June 25, 2015, 05:42 PM

That's fair, Quod! I still believe it would perhaps be better to have a subforum dedicated to this but it is entirely up to the admin team. I'll leave it with them. Smiley

Reply #5 - June 25, 2015, 10:01 PM

Sort of, yes. But the thing is it's easier if there's literally a "Coming out" subforum/section. Because it's so integral to a wide number of members here, and finding the stories without having to dig deep for it in the non-specific introductions and/or blogs & bios' will make life a lot easier I personally believe. Ultimately it is up to you guys to consider it, but if I were asked I'd say it would be a great idea to have something like this Smiley

I think this is actually a good idea. Been thinking bout it as well. Instead of having bits and pieces everywhere, it would be easier to find them all at one place. Sometimes I want to read what others have done when coming out, but I don't know whose intro or bio I should read because I don't know who did come out and who didn't. Sooo yeah..

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #6 - June 26, 2015, 05:27 AM

Agreed.

I know I is thick, but the existing subdivisions of the forum already make it impossible for me to find anything.
     Reply #7 - June 30, 2015, 07:23 PM

I think this is actually a good idea. Been thinking bout it as well. Instead of having bits and pieces everywhere, it would be easier to find them all at one place. Sometimes I want to read what others have done when coming out, but I don't know whose intro or bio I should read because I don't know who did come out and who didn't. Sooo yeah..

That's a lot of work to create another sub-forum, go through 1000s of threads and move parts of them around, and would mess up the organization of the forum and make it harder to navigate.

What I suggest is that, similar to the "CEMB Greatest Hits" thread, you and PhysMath and anyone else who wants to do this, start a new topic thread, in the Exmuslim Bios section or somewhere. Make it a specific thread about Stories & Ideas for Coming Out, then, using the Quote feature, place in that thread any coming out stories you find in any other threads in intros or wherever. This is something that members can do easily - you don't need mods to do it. That way you can all take part in curating such content into one place as you go through various threads, and you can also know that you are helping others who will be viewing that thread later and getting help from it too. We'll be happy to sticky the thread for you. Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #8 - June 30, 2015, 08:07 PM

Thank you allat! That is an excellent suggestion, I really like it. And I do agree it is a monstrous task to transfer all of them. A stickied thread will more than suffice for said task. Smiley

Reply #9 - June 30, 2015, 08:56 PM

Great! Feel free to start it Afro

Reply #10 - July 01, 2015, 05:08 PM

I will do, thank you Smiley

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »