Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex-Muslim from Jordan

(Read 2187 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex-Muslim from Jordan
     OP - May 31, 2015, 11:44 AM

Hey all!

First of all, you have to know that I'm not a native English speaker so please bear with me!  whistling2
    I'm 35 years old, and just found out about this forum while trying to find any translated books for Turan Dursun, and I have to say I really loved what I saw here! (although my search was futile lol)
    I "officially" stopped becoming a Muslim about three years ago, and that was after spending two or three years reading and researching, the only thing that kept me a Muslim during that time was my fear of being wrong and therefore of God's punishment and his so-called Jahannam. Ironically, I started my reading and researching to counter some of my friends' arguments who were atheists back then!
    Of course, no matter how relatively liberal Jordan is compared to its surroundings, we still have a majority of extremists hiding behind a liberal mask. Very few people know about my (lack of) religious beliefs, my family has some suspicions regarding some of my ideas and behaviors, but I bet that they just think that it's a phase of recklessness that I'm going through and that "Allah will guide me in the end" if you know what I mean.
    How have I reached that decision? I seriously can't pinpoint a single point or argument, but among the top are the following: (Please note that some of my arguments are against the concept of Abrahamic religions in general, and not just Islam)

- The universe is so vast, and we live on a mote of a dust as Carl Sagan had nicely put it. Therefore, why would that God/Allah/Jehovah really care about what I drink or eat, let alone how often should I wash myself or with whom I should or should not have sex? Doesn't he have galaxies and blackholes to tend to?
    - Still on that same matter, why did he stop sending messengers? Is it because his message is complete? I doubt it! Haven't anybody noticed that the more advanced human technology is, the smaller God's miracles become??
    - And why would he chose to send us messages through messengers and books anyway? I'm sure an omnipotent and all almighty God could think of a better way to make people believe in him.
    - Why is the knowledge of this so-called God limited to the time and place of those aforementioned messengers? For example, we now know that the earth is a sphere, and that it's not the center of the universe. We also know that stars were created billions of years before the earth, and that the heavens were not adorned with lamps that would also act as missiles against spying demons. We also have better transportation means other than horses and mules, and we have ships that don't require God to create winds to move them! And there was never a mention of Koalas and Kangaroos?
    - We also know that there's no air in outer space, so why the hell do angels have wings? And why would Allah need angels to carry his throne?
    - Why all the sexism in the Quran? I won't go into details here, I'm sure you all are aware of them.
    - What about the hate and the insults towards followers of other religions? Why the hate towards Abu Lahab? Why would Allah reserve a whole Sura of his last message to humanity to insult a mere human being??
    - What about the schoolboys' logic in the debate between Abraham and Nimrod? Forget that Abraham let Nimrod get away with his flowed logic of being able to give life and death, what insulted my intelligence was when Abraham told Nimrod that his Allah could rise the sun from the west! Gosh! My 7-years-old nephew would have caught the chance and asked Abraham to prove it!!!
    - So many of the stories told by Mohammed in the Quran were stolen from previous pagan polytheistic religions. Let alone the fact that he, for instance, haven't changed much of Kuffar's Hajj rituals.
    - Have I mentioned Mohammed's bloodlust?
    - What about his libido? Since we're talking about it, I'm sure that if he gave himself some time he would have come up with a better reason to "Nikah" his adopted son's wife other than banning adoption! Really???
    - He banned pork and adoption, why not slavery?

I'm sorry if I went too far, but I lived a lie for 32 years and I rarely get a chance to vent my feelings out this way!

It's nice being a part of you all, have a nice day! :-)

• Ex-Muslim from Jordan
     Reply #1 - May 31, 2015, 12:43 PM

Ahlan wa sahlan deadstar. You are among friends Smiley
  • Ex-Muslim from Jordan
     Reply #2 - May 31, 2015, 01:16 PM

Welcome..

parrot
  • Ex-Muslim from Jordan
     Reply #3 - May 31, 2015, 01:53 PM

Welcome. Parrot? parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Ex-Muslim from Jordan
     Reply #4 - May 31, 2015, 02:21 PM

Welcome to the forum DeadStar. Hope you like it here Smiley

First of all, you have to know that I'm not a native English speaker so please bear with me!  whistling2

If only you knew about the number of native English speakers who would write "bare with me", you wouldn't really doubt your own skill  Cheesy

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Ex-Muslim from Jordan
     Reply #5 - May 31, 2015, 03:55 PM

parrot Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »