Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: is it possible to edit my Profile ?

(Read 5038 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • is it possible to edit my Profile ?
     OP - May 21, 2015, 03:07 AM

hi Admin

it seems, i can't find a way to edit my profile, is it possible that i change my profile from ex-Muslim to something else ?

thanks
     Reply #1 - May 21, 2015, 03:13 AM

The alternative is just a regular "Member." Is that what you were looking for?
  • is it possible to edit my Profile's Position ?
     Reply #2 - May 21, 2015, 03:16 AM

ah good it is possible, actually i was more looking for  Muslim .

I understand it is a forum for ex Muslims, for me personally, although I have some unorthodox Muslims views ( Quran is a human product, I am not sure about the existence of God etc), I still identify as Muslim.

Reply #3 - May 21, 2015, 09:21 AM

It's done hatoush Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #4 - May 21, 2015, 09:39 AM

It's done hatoush Smiley

hu!.... "Muslim"?  that is it? 
     Just Muslim?? No adjective next to the word "Muslim"?

Not good.. no good .....doesn't sound good..

"Muslim without Islam"
    "No Quran  No hadith Muslim"

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #5 - May 21, 2015, 11:32 AM

Thanks Lua and Naerys, much appreciated.

yeezevee, i think it is really time that people can claim to be Muslim for any reasons ( cultural, emotional, spiritual)  without the obligation to show a public declaration of faith, or believe in fairy tales, at least for me, Islam meant a lot of thing, if i say i am an ex-muslim, it is like i betrayed my mother, i can't do that, even if I want.

i fast, i do celebrate Eids, I recite quran to my son before he sleeps, i don't eat pork , i tried it once, and i think it is overrated Smiley,  but I know Quran is a man made book, edited by multiple hands, and hadith is mostly a total fabrication, so i try to reconcile both, and i think it is feasible, if Christians, Jews and Hindu can do it, why not Muslims, we are not special after all.

I
     Reply #6 - May 21, 2015, 11:49 AM

Ma sha Allah, hatoush! Afro Smiley

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #7 - May 21, 2015, 11:54 AM

hatoush - that sounds a bit like the Church of England, which was my religious background. There are people in the C of E who believe in some version of traditional Christian theology, with the trinity, the resurrection, and so on and people who have rejected all this but have some vague religious beliefs and are attached to the traditions and the idea of the church - they're the ones more likely to be supporting women bishops and gay marriage. I'm an atheist and this doesn't seem very coherent to me, but I don't think it's a bad thing either and I guess it offers a way for religion to evolve. I've no idea whether something similar can work for Muslims but I'd wish all the best for anyone trying it.
     Reply #8 - May 21, 2015, 12:04 PM

i don't eat pork , i tried it once, and i think it is overrated

One does not simply try pork once and dismiss it in it's entirety. As for the rest of the post, fully agree with you.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #9 - May 21, 2015, 12:53 PM

yeezevee, i think it is really time that people can claim to be Muslim for any reasons ( cultural, emotional, spiritual)  without the obligation to show a public declaration of faith, or believe in fairy tales, at least for me, Islam meant a lot of thing, if i say i am an ex-muslim, it is like i betrayed my mother, i can't do that, even if I want.

i fast, i do celebrate Eids, I recite quran to my son before he sleeps, i don't eat pork , i tried it once, and i think it is overrated Smiley,  but I know Quran is a man made book, edited by multiple hands, and hadith is mostly a total fabrication, so i try to reconcile both, and i think it is feasible, if Christians, Jews and Hindu can do it, why not Muslims, we are not special after all.

I

Good for you, Hatoush. I support you 100%  Afro
     Reply #10 - May 21, 2015, 01:39 PM

I didn't do anything, I forgot Muslim was even a title option on here! Grin

But yeah, what Hassan said.  Afro
     Reply #11 - May 21, 2015, 02:22 PM

One does not simply try pork once and dismiss it in it's entirety. As for the rest of the post, fully agree with you.

I mentioned Pork, just to prove I am not an orthodox Muslim in a closet, you know that very well, eating pork for a Muslim is the ultimate sacrilege Smiley

I'm an atheist and this doesn't seem very coherent to me, but I don't think it's a bad thing either and I guess it offers a way for religion to evolve. I've no idea whether something similar can work for Muslims but I'd wish all the best for anyone trying it.

the way i see Islam is more of social rituals and practice, and that was the case in my county ( Algeria) until the 80's, than something went terrible wrong,

http://f.hypotheses.org/wp-content/blogs.dir/761/files/2013/06/20e-anniv-2-copie.jpg

Reply #12 - May 21, 2015, 02:29 PM

Seriously though, pig is like a magical animal. With most meats, it's just one thing. Beef is basically beef, chicken is chicken, etc. Pork is a class all of it's own. Ham is different to bacon which is different to sausage which is different to pepperoni and so on. And then there are different kinds of ham, different kinds of bacon. And how you cook it also matters. Christ it's lovely.

Homer explains it well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsdmqhn50uM

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #13 - May 21, 2015, 04:35 PM

i only like the bacon, prefer chicken, versatile too
     Reply #14 - May 21, 2015, 05:13 PM

yes I think it is possible sorry I'm new here ans still trying to figure things out

Sometimes a girl has to be like the snow, beautiful, but cold...
     Reply #15 - May 21, 2015, 07:12 PM

the way i see Islam is more of social rituals and practice, and that was the case in my county (Algeria) until the 80's, than something went terrible wrong,

Yes, I think this is what the church was for my family, and what religion has often been - even more so if you look at religion in the ancient world. I think there's a tendency for atheists to overlook this and talk about religion as if it always involves some kind of scriptural literalism.

Reply #16 - May 21, 2015, 07:24 PM

I think there's a tendency for atheists to overlook this and talk about religion as if it always involves some kind of scriptural literalism

Yes, so true.
     Reply #17 - May 22, 2015, 04:18 AM

yeezevee, i think it is really time that people can claim to be Muslim for any reasons ( cultural, emotional, spiritual)  without the obligation to show a public declaration of faith, or believe in fairy tales, at least for me, Islam meant a lot of thing, if i say i am an ex-muslim, it is like i betrayed my mother, i can't do that, even if I want.

i fast, i do celebrate Eids, I recite quran to my son before he sleeps, i don't eat pork , i tried it once, and i think it is overrated Smiley,  but I know Quran is a man made book, edited by multiple hands, and hadith is mostly a total fabrication, so i try to reconcile both, and i think it is feasible, if Christians, Jews and Hindu can do it, why not Muslims, we are not special after all.

I

Calipha yeezevee   approves all that and more  hatoush................  " be proud what you are and what you do and and make that golden rule to guide your life.."

what is there in name tag?  A Rose is a Rose is a Rose..with  whatever name we my call it

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »