Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Khutbah on Adam & Eve

(Read 6205 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #30 - May 08, 2015, 11:51 AM

I'd join, so long as you make me the pope.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #31 - May 08, 2015, 11:52 AM

Ad-Dawatul-Hassaniyyah  
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #32 - May 08, 2015, 11:54 AM

I'd join, so long as you make me the pope.

No popes - you can be my main "da'ee" (caller to the faith) - benefits include virgins and luxury apartments.
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #33 - May 08, 2015, 11:55 AM

Ad-Dawatul-Hassaniyyah  

You can be my scribe and make some new verses for me.
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #34 - May 08, 2015, 11:55 AM

Ad-Dawatul-Hassaniyyah  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04hZTtekpqM

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #35 - May 08, 2015, 11:58 AM

No popes - you can be my main "da'ee" (caller to the faith) - benefits include virgins and luxury apartments.

I'd prefer an experienced woman who's been around the block, knows what she likes and has acquired skills I've never dreamed of. I'll take the luxury apartments though.

• Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #36 - May 08, 2015, 12:00 PM

You can be my scribe and make some new verses for me.

Abshir Grin
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #37 - May 08, 2015, 01:25 PM

Beautiful khuTbah yaa Hassan. bravo 3layk Smiley

إطلب العلم ولو في الصين

Es sitzt keine Krone so fest und so hoch,
    Der mutige Springer erreicht sie doch.

I don't give a fuck about your war, or your President.
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #38 - May 08, 2015, 02:24 PM

Thanks CJ  Afro
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #39 - May 08, 2015, 06:55 PM

If you're willing, yes please!

OK, instead of posting them here, I've created a new Google Blog "Agnostic Muslim Khutbahs"  grin12 dance

I've only posted one so far. Will do others later - inshallah Smiley

http://agnosticmuslimkhutbahs.blogspot.co.uk/

• Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #40 - May 08, 2015, 08:50 PM

Yay! Thank you sign
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #41 - May 08, 2015, 09:16 PM

Honestly, these kinds of khutbahs need to be the mainstream if Muslim communities are going to effectively integrate with communities in the West. It shouldn't be marginalized to little mom and pop congregations (no offense) while bigger mainstream mosques are run by insular muftis with particular agendas. That mainstream should be the shunned and marginalized view, and truly progressive views ought to be at the forefront and highlighted. How to get there however, is a question I don't have an answer to.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #42 - May 08, 2015, 09:38 PM

The thing is, it's really a shame that we as ex-Muslims have had to completely bail and ditch the community of Islam all together because our views are so fringe. There are plenty of agnostic/atheist people of Jewish or Christian heritage that have no problems claiming affinity to the only spiritual identity they've ever known. As I said earlier, I've had some really interesting conversations with people who call themselves Jews or Christians in real life, and honestly I'd struggle to disagree with them on much. It's a shame that the state of thought in the Muslim community is so lagging that we've essentially had to preemptively excommunicate ourselves before discussion could even begin. Nonetheless, I still think people who have had that crisis of faith or loss of faith will play an essential roll in the reformation, if even by no other means than by forcing debate.
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #43 - May 08, 2015, 10:54 PM

Honestly, these kinds of khutbahs need to be the mainstream if Muslim communities are going to effectively integrate with communities in the West. It shouldn't be marginalized to little mom and pop congregations (no offense) while bigger mainstream mosques are run by insular muftis with particular agendas. That mainstream should be the shunned and marginalized view, and truly progressive views ought to be at the forefront and highlighted. How to get there however, is a question I don't have an answer to.

You hit the nail in the head asbie., That is a HUGE problem in Islam., it is hard and even impossible to play double game in Islam unlike with Christian faith heads or Jewish faith heads . the other problem is number game., The rato of number of nominal folks who just follow some festivals of their respective religions vs faith heads that adhere to  bookish rules of religion.,  Islamic faith heads  beat  other religious faith heads by a huge margin.  

The thing is, it's really a shame that we as ex-Muslims have had to completely bail and ditch the community of Islam all together because our views are so fringe. There are plenty of agnostic/atheist people of Jewish or Christian heritage that have no problems claiming affinity to the only spiritual identity they've ever known.  .................

The problem lies with the heritage(stories) of Christ verses heritage/stories of Muhammad.  To some extent one can make Islam look better by deleting all that hadith and abolishing those sharia laws or apostasy laws.  And that is what that Mustafa Kemal Atatürk tried and succeeded to extent in Turkey.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #44 - May 09, 2015, 12:34 AM

• Re: Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #45 - May 09, 2015, 03:59 PM

Just added another Khutba "99 Names & Problem of Evil"

http://agnosticmuslimkhutbahs.blogspot.co.uk/

I won't keep posting every time I add a new one - I will leave it to those interested to bookmark & check the site above - if interested.

Smiley
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #46 - May 09, 2015, 09:10 PM

Do you mind if I tweet a link to this?
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #47 - May 10, 2015, 01:40 AM

Of course not, HM  Afro
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #48 - May 10, 2015, 02:04 PM

The thing is, it's really a shame that we as ex-Muslims have had to completely bail and ditch the community of Islam all together because our views are so fringe. There are plenty of agnostic/atheist people of Jewish or Christian heritage that have no problems claiming affinity to the only spiritual identity they've ever known. As I said earlier, I've had some really interesting conversations with people who call themselves Jews or Christians in real life, and honestly I'd struggle to disagree with them on much. It's a shame that the state of thought in the Muslim community is so lagging that we've essentially had to preemptively excommunicate ourselves before discussion could even begin. Nonetheless, I still think people who have had that crisis of faith or loss of faith will play an essential roll in the reformation, if even by no other means than by forcing debate.

Very perceptive as ever HM - This going on the greatest hits thread  Afro
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #49 - May 10, 2015, 03:16 PM

Aww, thanks.  Smiley
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #50 - May 10, 2015, 07:21 PM

Aww, thanks.  Smiley

In fact I love it so much I've tweeted it and Facebooked it (Facebooked? Is that a word?) - and it's gone down very well !! Smiley
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #51 - May 10, 2015, 07:37 PM

I remember watching a video by Zizek in which he argues that ancient peoples didn't believe in their religions the way we understand belief today, that they recognized the fictitiousness of their religions and believed in them as metaphors and myths that held deeper value.

Can't find the video right now, but it was fascinating and enlightening.
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #52 - May 10, 2015, 07:39 PM

Yep just stumbled upon this Khutbah by way of a Twitter retweet today, congratulations Hass on getting the message out there, you're making a difference.  Afro
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #53 - May 10, 2015, 07:52 PM

I remember watching a video by Zizek in which he argues that ancient peoples didn't believe in their religions the way we understand belief today, that they recognized the fictitiousness of their religions and believed in them as metaphors and myths that held deeper value.

Yes, I agree with that. The problem is that today many think that if parables and myths don't come up to scientific or factual historical standards they must be completely rejected.

Which is why so many Muslims defend their "scientific and historic accuracy" against all reason. They are terrified that their faith will collapse if they don't.
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #54 - May 10, 2015, 07:53 PM

Yep just stumbled upon this Khutbah by way of a Twitter retweet today, congratulations Hass on getting the message out there, you're making a difference.  Afro

Thanks DT Smiley
  • Khutbah on Adam & Eve
     Reply #55 - May 10, 2015, 07:59 PM

Genuinely Smiley
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »