Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 21, 2024, 01:56 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: My Uncle has died

(Read 12130 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #30 - May 17, 2015, 02:54 PM

Was it a recording of him singing?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #31 - May 17, 2015, 03:15 PM

No! Originals he loved them!  My cousins said they all used to watch University Challenge together and he would answer the questions - correctly!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #32 - May 17, 2015, 03:36 PM

I have had a general puzzlement here about threads discussing family issues, how is it that the parents have got so stuck in their attitudes?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #33 - May 17, 2015, 03:55 PM

I thought about this in my teens, while I was at a point I was noticing my sense of time was changing. 0-2, 7-9, 11-13, just two years brought about such profound change. We change so fast when we're young. There's such a huge difference between say a 14 year old and a 16 year old. But as we get older those changes lessen. When I hit my late teens I was very aware that birthdays and Christmas' were occurring faster than I'd ever perceived before. The changes I went through from 21-23, 23-25 were nothing compared to what I used to go through during those short years at earlier periods of my life. Ever since my late teens I've been changing to an increasingly lesser degree with every year that goes by. What changed, as far as I can tell, was my sense of time. The older we get, the quicker times goes. The changes in two years you can experience between 14 and 16 can take decades after a certain development point. Perhaps time is the crux of it.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #34 - May 17, 2015, 04:41 PM

That might be it, he never lost a learning, exploratory, being alive attitude.

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #35 - May 17, 2015, 04:48 PM

Hopefully that will also be true of myself. Grin

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #36 - June 10, 2015, 07:52 PM

Reading Justine again!  It is an awful
    But brilliant plot and very very funny once the rude bits are in context! I was tempted to give away the plot but there are free versions on line, and I can't comment on translations and possible bowdlerisation !

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #37 - June 10, 2015, 07:54 PM

The arguments against morality and religion are superb!

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #38 - June 10, 2015, 08:43 PM

Afro

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »