Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: My Uncle has died

(Read 12131 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • My Uncle has died
     OP - May 01, 2015, 09:32 AM

He was an author and I have just got one of his books.  It seems the extended family have kept this quiet!  He wrote a biography of Sade, The Divine Demon.

A quote

"It was madam guillotine who ruled, without reason, without justice. She served all men with equal candour as they knelt at her feet, and blessed them with the benediction of her weighted blade"

What is fascinating is how modern revolutionary movements are incredibly reactionary, with religion leading and sex to be utterly hidden, except of course, for the true believers with their wives and slaves.

I know this is a huge agenda, but it is very strange finding out that my uncle was very involved in writing up the history of sex, politics and religion!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #1 - May 01, 2015, 10:21 AM

Sorry to hear that moi :higs:
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #2 - May 01, 2015, 11:00 AM

Thanks, he was 95 and had a good life including 60th wedding anniversary card from her maj!

But it is his work as an author that was never discussed in my hearing in family gatherings!  And what he wrote about!!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #3 - May 01, 2015, 11:06 AM

The above quote continues

And of all the men in Paris at that time it was perhaps Sade who understood her best, for he had already put down with disconcerting clarity in his books the truth about the amoral forces in man and nature that were working her one reeking tooth so incessantly.

And now he was himself selected to visit her, in good time."

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #4 - May 01, 2015, 12:06 PM

He was an author and I have just got one of his books.  It seems the extended family have kept this quiet!  He wrote a biography of Sade, The Divine Demon. 

Sorry to now that moi.. well he lived long and productive life ., It sounds that book is fun to read.. please share more his works/words..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #5 - May 01, 2015, 12:13 PM

I had a moment there wondering what was so controversial about Sade. Anyway it sounds like your uncle was an interesting man with an interesting life.
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #6 - May 01, 2015, 02:14 PM

Yes the original!  But what was fascinating is that I was completely unaware of this until I googled my uncle's name!  I knew he had written some fiction in the late 50's early 60's so I looked to see if they were available anywhere.  He, his wife and my cousins went to Australia in the mid 60's on the £10 thing.  I did not realise the reason was to research and write a biography!

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #7 - May 01, 2015, 02:25 PM

The first published work of Sade was Justine or Good Conduct well Chastised.  Appearing in the first years of the French Revolution, the grandeur of its obscenity instigated a revolution in sexual morality that is not yet over.  Its relentless scrutiny of the eternal underworld of the human mind made it feared and hated, and led to further persecutions of its already greatly persecuted author.  Its vitality, however, could not be supressed, and it remains a living book that all educated people must, somehow, come to terms with.

By my uncle!

Amazon review of Justine

1.0 out of 5 stars TWISTED
    Sick !!!

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #8 - May 01, 2015, 02:38 PM

Nature had made all people equal, and the crimes of the poor against the rich were a means of redressing the unnatural balance brought about by corruption and usurpation.  It was easy for kings, noblemen and priests to preach honesty,: they had all they wanted of food and shelter.  For the poor wretch starving in the gutter it was not so easy.

P169

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #9 - May 01, 2015, 02:49 PM

If the state of nothingness or the stage of chaos before Creation was evil, why did God permit it?  If it was good, why did he change it? If everything now is good, God has no more to do and thus has no more power.  If he has not more power he is not God

Summary of discussion in Justine

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #10 - May 01, 2015, 02:50 PM

"In fact Nature moves herself and has no need of a Creator

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #11 - May 01, 2015, 02:52 PM

all religions start from a false premise, that a Divine Creator is necessary

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #12 - May 01, 2015, 02:57 PM

Had there truly been a God and had he wished to found a religion on Earth, would he have done it in this absurd way through all these nonsensical rites?

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #13 - May 01, 2015, 03:26 PM

Just as Sade had anticipated Nietzsche ....he strikingly looks forward to Freud

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #14 - May 01, 2015, 05:48 PM

What a wise man. Sorry to hear of his passing but celebrate your discovery of his treasure.

Unicorns and love your way...

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #15 - May 01, 2015, 06:13 PM

Good stuff, Moi.

The highlight of my school acting career was playing Sade in The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade.
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #16 - May 01, 2015, 06:21 PM

My uncle's book describes the end of his life there, and how the person in charge was possibly providing better more humane care than is available now, with our modecate and other drug pushing.

Sade is possibly one of the most important people of the last few hundred years.

And he was wonderfully sane living in a lunatic asylum!

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #17 - May 01, 2015, 06:56 PM

Im sorry to hear that Moi!  far away hug

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #18 - May 01, 2015, 07:18 PM

Some very interesting quotes. Sorry for your loss moi. far away hug

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #19 - May 01, 2015, 08:07 PM

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #20 - May 01, 2015, 11:51 PM

Sorry for your loss moi. It does seem that your uncle lived a very full life though, whatever comfort that may be.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #21 - May 02, 2015, 11:56 AM

He was an author and I have just got one of his books. ......................

So moi I was casually looking at that author happened to be your uncle.... or your Uncle happened be an wonderful short story writer..  his name happened to be Norman Gear..

The House of Ruby Wogan  1958

Bayside: a novel  ...  1959

Gertie's Golden Days ..1959

I Sing in a Dead City ..1960

I Sing for the Joker.. 1963

The divine demon: a portrait of the Marquis de Sade ..1963

I would love to read those two books .. I wonder whether you could find them some where in some library /Amazon ...or /pdf files or   may be in his closet??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #22 - May 02, 2015, 12:29 PM

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #23 - May 02, 2015, 03:10 PM

That is him!  I need to broach with his direct family about publishing his works on kindle.  There are copies available second hand and it is my impression my uncle should be read before tackling Sade, that I am now enjoying!

My extended family has two parts, a very religious part and those not!  Because my mother was on the religious side I get the impression certain things have been kept from me!  One of those short stories I believe is actually based on my family!

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #24 - May 02, 2015, 07:00 PM

That must be eye opening for you.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #25 - May 04, 2015, 05:40 PM

Isn't Islam with its inequality and inheritance rules legitimising theft?

All religions start from a false premise, Therese," he would say; "each supposes as necessary the worship of a Creator, but that creator never existed. In this connection, put yourself in mind of the sound precepts of that certain Coeur-de-fer who, you told me, used to labor over your mind as I do; nothing more just, nor more precise, than that man's principles, and the degradation in which we have the stupidity to keep him does not deprive him of the right to reason well.

"If all Nature's productions are the resultant effects of the laws whereof she is a captive; if her perpetual action and reaction suppose the motion necessary to her essence, what becomes of the sovereign master fools gratuitously give her? that is what your sagacious instructor said to you, dear girl.

What, then, are religions if not the restraint wherewith the tyranny of the mightier sought to enslave the weaker? Motivated by that design, he dared say to him whom he claimed the right to dominate, that a God had forged the irons with which cruelty manacled him; and the latter, bestialized by his misery, indistinctly believed everything the former wished. Can religions, born of these rogueries, merit respect? Is there one of them, Therese, which does not bear the stamp of imposture and of stupidity? What do I descry in them all? Mysteries which cause reason to shudder, dogmas which outrage Nature, grotesque ceremonies which simply inspire derision and disgust.

http://www.kkbooks.net/2015/4536_15.html

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #26 - May 04, 2015, 08:42 PM

Did your uncle write that?

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #27 - May 04, 2015, 10:00 PM

No! That is from Justine by Sade written in prison about 1790!

My uncle wrote a biography of Sade , who although extremely rude is definitely worth reading! I am surprised Sade is not quoted more!

A.A. Milne,

• My Uncle has died
     Reply #28 - May 04, 2015, 10:46 PM

I think we share a similar world views on social justice equality/inequality and you seem like someone I could sit down and have a drink with so just to reiterate, like the other's here I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.

What a strange surprise to find out he had the same interests as yourself or perhaps not, maybe it just runs in the family. Smiley
  • My Uncle has died
     Reply #29 - May 17, 2015, 01:38 PM

My uncle's humanist funeral was brilliant.  He wrote his own eulogy, entitled Funeral Ceremony, sometime in the future, that started

Thank you all for coming to my funeral

and continued with Pink Floyd Shine on you crazy diamond - picked by him.

A.A. Milne,

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »