Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Reasons to feel good about oneself / one's life

(Read 6849 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Reasons to feel good about oneself / one's life
     OP - April 22, 2015, 08:16 AM

Since last posting here I've donated blood and done some other things.

Anyway, woke up this morning and the same shit goes on in head of being really low, and there's not much that can be done about it.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #1 - April 22, 2015, 11:14 AM

Well, you could always check your basics. Vitamins, protein, hydration. Then exercise. Maybe something will give before you have to go volunteer at the Humane Society- because I know you are short on time.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #2 - April 22, 2015, 03:51 PM

Well, you could always check your basics. Vitamins, protein, hydration. Then exercise. Maybe something will give before you have to go volunteer at the Humane Society- because I know you are short on time.

Was thinking about doing things with animals actually, maybe this summer. Don't have any experience with them whatsoever though.  Tongue

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #3 - April 22, 2015, 03:59 PM

Unless you have severe photosensitivity (basically skin like a vampire) or chronic MS or what not, there's very little that can stop you from participating in normal activities. Maybe you can post what exactly you feel is missing?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #4 - April 22, 2015, 05:16 PM

Woah woah, slow down. You're approaching this way too fucking rationally.  Cheesy

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #5 - April 22, 2015, 05:34 PM

But to answer your question directly, at the moment what I would say is hindering me from experiencing normal activities would be lack of income, debt, and school.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #6 - April 22, 2015, 05:40 PM

Anyway, woke up this morning and the same shit goes on in head of being really low, and there's not much that can be done about it.

Embrace it.
     Reply #7 - April 23, 2015, 12:17 AM

But to answer your question directly, at the moment what I would say is hindering me from experiencing normal activities would be lack of income, debt, and school.

Embrace it.

asbie don't listen to that guy.. NEVER EMBRACE SHIT., if you do that you will smell shit.,   

drink beer (NO cigarette) and  throw the shit out.. shit out of your mind and out of your body

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #8 - April 23, 2015, 02:51 AM

I am an expert on living without income. Let me know if you have any questions!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #9 - April 23, 2015, 08:15 AM

Obviously school is going to take up a lot of time, but unless a social life round those parts depends on having money to burn I'm sure you could build one. Every now and then you can go see a film or out to a restaurant but you can easily have a social life with little or no money if you have people who's company you enjoy. You can go to a bar and relax and simply have two or three drinks which you can take your time with. A chilled out social activity without having to spend a shit ton of money. You can invite someone round your place and hang out, maybe order a pizza though you don't have to, Chill out watching TV, listen to some background music as you chat, things like that. Or if there's anything interesting in your local area you want to check out, invite someone along.

Ultimately it's not really money you need, it's company you enjoy.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #10 - April 23, 2015, 12:47 PM

"Reasons to feel good about oneself / one's life"

ANA ALL OF YOU  GUYS.. stop feeling sorry about yourself ....and... and....  STOP FEELING GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF..   finmad finmad

big deal.. so what is the difference between you guys and a dog on street??...  feeling happy and feeling sad.. silly people    ....shut up.. get up... and get over ....   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Reply #11 - April 23, 2015, 11:55 PM

I am hurt that you consider me "you guys" yeez. I thought I meant more to you than that.  Cry

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #12 - April 23, 2015, 11:55 PM

Ultimately it's not really money you need, it's company you enjoy.

This is true.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #13 - April 23, 2015, 11:56 PM

I think my life crisis may have stemmed from the presentation that I just completed, because I don't feel that way at the moment, so yeah.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #14 - April 24, 2015, 01:24 AM

I think my life crisis may have stemmed from the presentation that I just completed, because I don't feel that way at the moment, so yeah.

what presentation was that .. what happened and  what is the problem asbie

I am hurt that you consider me "you guys" yeez. I thought I meant more to you than that.  Cry

dear asbie  ..frankly speaking I have the best interest of many of you guys who write in to a forum like this.. But we need to strong. strong.. mentally .. physically emotionally and and ..financially..   I wish I had a billion dollars to set up a trust fund for folks lie you guys in CEMB...

So  asbie.. focus..focus.. being mentally strong....  you are indeed  wonderful citizen of this little planet..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #15 - April 24, 2015, 02:21 AM

Life's just a roller coaster and you're along for the ride. Wonder how things will be down the road when I experience real joy and tragedy. Brain might just aneurysm from over-stimulation.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #16 - April 24, 2015, 04:36 AM

Life's just a roller coaster and you're along for the ride. Wonder how things will be down the road when I experience real joy and tragedy. Brain might just aneurysm from over-stimulation.

No..No.. no asbie  over stimulation of brain will not lead to brain aneurysm..... it happens because of thinning artery walls often  occurs at forks or branches in arteries . In fact I would say  it is other way around ,, Over stimulation  of brain must lead to the increased consumption of ATP and consequence of that should be blood flow increase in to the brain.. So a regular over stimulation of brain will create stronger arteries. Stronger tubes means they take more pressure before they bursts..

Incidentally women are more prone to   brain aneurysms  .  And I think often people  who harass the toddlers like these people  http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32040752  will get  more aneurysms..

Toddlers prepare for their first big interview..

Yoyo Chan is preparing for an important interview that could help her succeed in life. She is one-and-a-half years old. At two she will start nursery, but competition is fierce in Hong Kong, and some of the most prestigious nurseries are selective. Her parents want her to be well-prepared for her first big test in life

"Are you a boy or a girl?" is one typical interview question

STUPID PEOPLE   STUPID QUESTIONS .. THEY HARASS TODDLERS ..   Silly questions .. I would have said  "take diaper off and see yourself... "

Reply #17 - April 24, 2015, 06:47 AM

^I was watching a docu the other day about little children with gender identity crisis, they were put on programes at the hospital and given hormone treatment at a very young age and then given the option for surgery to switch their sex over, just at the age of puberty..  i dont know, do you think children should be left until adulthood to figure it out for themselves or be treated at an early age ? Dont you think putting them on a programme at such a young impressionable age may somehow coax them into believing that they do have gender issues, even if some don't.
     Reply #18 - April 24, 2015, 08:12 AM

I generally like to see people wait until their twenties at the very least to make drastic changes to themselves that can't easily be undone, but at the same time, some adolescents feel so strongly that they are in the wrong body that some face massive depression and even commit suicide, so the "let's wait until you're older and see if you feel the same way" approach isn't always going to cut it.

There's also some concern, although I am not completely sure how well-founded, but it makes sense, that waiting until you're in, say, your 20's as a man to start the transition, you'll have a harder time "passing" as female than you would if you'd started at an early age, so that sometimes adds to the feeling of urgency to get it done sooner, and I know if I were in that position when I was 14 or so and positive that this was what I wanted, I'd want it over with and the thought of just remaining in a body I felt wasn't really mine for another six or seven years must seem awful and unnecessary.
     Reply #19 - April 24, 2015, 08:44 AM

Yes you are right, there will be those that realise they've made a big mistake after going through with the programme and those that would be severly depressed and commit suicide if they weren't offered any help, so either way it's a gamble i suppose.  Yes i heard that it is easier for a guy to make the transition at an earlier age, pre puberty i think so, the treatment is beneficial for those that are 100% sure. It always amazes me how women can easily look and sound like men after taking the meds.  Anyways, i was just querying, my nephew was discussing it with us yesterday, he's doing a thesis on sex and mental health programmes for his MA, and works in a mental health establishment for addicts, he's frustrated with the programmes put in place i think since the 60's/70's or 80's, i dont know when, and believes that they condition some, not all people into thinking they have mental, addiction or sexual identity problems when they may not. 

Reminds me of a funny quote i read this morning " In the 60's people took acid to make the world look weird, today people take prozac to make the world look normal"

X
     Reply #20 - April 24, 2015, 10:01 AM

No..No.. no asbie  over stimulation of brain will not lead to brain aneurysm..... it happens because of thinning artery walls often  occurs at forks or branches in arteries . In fact I would say  it is other way around ,, Over stimulation  of brain must lead to the increased consumption of ATP and consequence of that should be blood flow increase in to the brain.. So a regular over stimulation of brain will create stronger arteries. Stronger tubes means they take more pressure before they bursts..

Incidentally women are more prone to   brain aneurysms  .  And I think often people  who harass the toddlers like these people  http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32040752  will get  more aneurysms..

(Clicky for piccy!)
    (Clicky for piccy!)

"Are you a boy or a girl?" is one typical interview question

STUPID PEOPLE   STUPID QUESTIONS .. THEY HARASS TODDLERS ..   Silly questions .. I would have said  "take diaper off and see yourself... "

You're the best yeez.  Big hug

And really smart too.  001_wub

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #21 - April 24, 2015, 03:43 PM

^I was watching a docu the other day about little children with gender identity crisis, they were put on programes at the hospital and given hormone treatment at a very young age and then given the option for surgery to switch their sex over, just at the age of puberty..  i dont know, do you think children should be left until adulthood to figure it out for themselves or be treated at an early age ? Dont you think putting them on a programme at such a young impressionable age may somehow coax them into believing that they do have gender issues, even if some don't.

I watched a document about something like that as well. The kid really wanted to become a girl, and his parents somehow made it so, seeking out the help of one of those doctors who give funny medicines to stop puberty. To tell the truth, about 90% of the things I said and thought of as a kid I do not agree with if I had thought about them now. Wouldn't the poor kid regret becoming a girl permanently when he grows up? You don't know anything when you're kid, you're hardly experienced with the many ups and downs in life. Making such a huge decision as to change your sex altogether for the rest of your life... Why do parents even allow these children to go about such an... Adultish thing? Makes me question how these kids will turn out in the end.

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies.
     Reply #22 - April 24, 2015, 04:16 PM

Another point is the fact that, as lua touched on, male-to-female is much more effective if treatment is started pre-adolescence or early adolescence. As this is when our bodies develop you can go through the process of widening hips, developing breasts, basically what regular girls go through minus certain things like periods. It's different as an actual adult when you have the body of a man and then with hormones, basically just don't have to shave as much and grow a pair of tits.

If it isn't a phase, it will be much more traumatic in the long term. If it is a phase, same problem.

Reply #23 - April 24, 2015, 04:29 PM

To tell the truth, about 90% of the things I said and thought of as a kid I do not agree with if I had thought about them now. Wouldn't the poor kid regret becoming a girl permanently when he grows up?

I have heard it likened to realizing at an early age that you are gay. And, of course, many people would try to tell a young person that they're just going through a phase or figuring out what they really want and that you can't know you're gay as a child, but there's people who have actually had that experience who insist that they did by puberty or even younger. And, as with them, I tend to believe transgendered people when they tell of a similar experience.
     Reply #24 - April 24, 2015, 11:05 PM

Isn't the aim of the puberty-stopping medication to effectively enable them to defer the final decision until they are old enough to really be sure what they want? I guess a transition can be done more easily if you haven't grown a beard or boobs etc already!
     Reply #25 - April 25, 2015, 12:26 AM

Yes i guess its for that too.. Plus theres also the voice box change in a guy, a sex change or castration, pre puberty can ensure the voice remains higher pitched, but im not sure if that is one of the options or procedures, or whether hormonal treatment deals with voice changes, i have no idea ? ?
     Reply #26 - April 25, 2015, 12:51 AM

i have no idea ? ?

Honestly, that's like the alpha and the omega of this whole discussion for me. I have no idea. I haven't read up on the developmental changes or what will do what and when, I'm not an expert in child psychology, and I definitely know nothing about the feelings or experiences of transgendered people.

I know that you run the risk of having allowed something to a child that they might not yet comprehend fully and may ultimately regret, and at the same time, I do know that I'd be pretty angry if I wanted this change as a child and, as an adult who had to wait, felt that I lost years of my life or an opportunity for a smoother transition and a body I was more comfortable in. And worse: all because of people like me, who really had no idea. That must be really devastating. 
     Reply #27 - April 25, 2015, 12:54 AM

dear asbie  ..frankly speaking I have the best interest of many of you guys who write in to a forum like this.. But we need to strong. strong.. mentally .. physically emotionally and and ..financially..   I wish I had a billion dollars to set up a trust fund for folks lie you guys in CEMB...

So  asbie.. focus..focus.. being mentally strong....  you are indeed  wonderful citizen of this little planet..

Oh, good lord, Yeezevee, you are sweet.  far away hug
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »