Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

مدهش----- لماذا؟؟؟؟
by akay
Today at 01:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 03:50 PM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
July 01, 2020, 03:33 PM

BLM and Black Ex-Muslims
July 01, 2020, 12:01 AM

Random Islamic History Po...
by zeca
June 30, 2020, 11:15 PM

The essence of the facts
June 30, 2020, 01:22 PM

NayaPakistan...New Pakist...
June 30, 2020, 01:14 PM

Muslim grooming gangs sti...
June 28, 2020, 10:36 AM

Hi there
June 28, 2020, 10:25 AM

Glasgow stabbings
June 26, 2020, 01:48 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
June 26, 2020, 01:11 PM

Coronavirus crisis
June 25, 2020, 01:14 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Qur'anic studies today

(Read 571705 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 314 315 316« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #9450 - June 27, 2020, 11:27 AM

David Power: https://www.academia.edu/43308856/The_Quran_and_its_Legal_Environment

Yes, very strong article again showing the link of the Quran with northern Arabia/Levant.

I would completely agree TO DISAGREE with anyone who says that dear mundi.,  what page of that 22 pages publication says that?  what one can say at best is  this "CERTAIN SELECTIVE VERSES FROM QURAN APPEARS TO HAVE ORIGINATED FROM  NORTHERN ARABIA?LEVANT"

but Quran the book I read often.. NO.... NOPE.. 

anyways I ahve to read that publication again but before that I have to read those Quran verses independently  and as well as in different contexts that one can think..

Powers ends with connecting the Quranic AUDIENCE with that area and that I dont understand. Who knows where the audience was or who it was. I think the verses he explains only link with certainty the author(s) of these verses, and only maybe, a supposed audience.

well as far as i am concerned THE ADDED VERSES in to those Q manuscripts appears to have been directed to "SOME AUDIENCE " and they must be leaders in warfare and leader in community and leaders in preaching robes..

PS: what kind of show was preformed with the Quranic text that "the audience" was read legal texts?

you are talking about NOT 20th and 21st century but 7th century to all the way to colonial period.. So yes., certain religious statements/religious  edicts /religious rituals  did became legal texts to the society of that time

Do law students today (the audience) who are reading Roman or Napoleonic law, necessarily have a connection with Italy or France? Of course not

Well even today.,  some IDIOTS IN ISLAM & FAITH HEADS IN ISLAM (even in other faiths)do take nonsense from religious texts of cave men times  as word of some allah/god  hence they use it as legal texts to the society that they want to control ..anyways I have to read those verses that  David Power used in his pub..

well here are 1st 10 verses he used ..

Q 33:37: Nay: he has come with the truth and verified the apostles.

Q 2:219: They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of profit for men, and their sin is greater than their profit. And they ask you as to what they should spend. Say: What you can spare. Thus does Allah make clear to you the communications, that you may ponder.

Q 4:11 Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females; then if they are more than two females, they shall have two-thirds of what the deceased has left, and if there is one, she shall have the half; and as for his parents, each of them shall have the sixth of what he has left if he has a child, but if he has no child and (only) his two parents inherit him, then his mother shall have the third; but if he has brothers, then his mother shall have the sixth after (the payment of) a bequest he may have bequeathed or a debt; your parents and your children, you know not which of them is the nearer to you in usefulness; this is an ordinance from Allah: Surely Allah is Knowing, Wise..

Q 5:90 O you who believe! intoxicants and games of chance and (sacrificing to) stones set up and (dividing by) arrows are only an uncleanness, the Shaitan's work; shun it therefore that you may be successful..

Q 2:106  Whatever communications We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring one better than it or like it. Do you not know that Allah has power over all things?.[/i]

, Q 16:101:  And when We change (one) communication for (another) communication, and Allah knows best what He reveals, they say: You are only a forger. Nay, most of them do not know..[/i]

, Q 4:43 .,O you who believe! do not go near prayer when you are Intoxicated until you know (well) what you say, nor when you are under an obligation to perform a bath-- unless (you are) travelling on the road-- until you have washed yourselves; and if you are sick, or on a journey, or one of you come from the privy or you have touched the women, and you cannot find water, betake yourselves to pure earth, then wipe your faces and your hands; surely Allah is Pardoning, Forgiving.

Q 61:06.,   And when Isa son of Marium said: O children of Israel! surely I am the apostle of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Taurat and giving the good news of an Apostle who will come after me, his name being Ahmad, but when he came to them with clear arguments they said: This is clear magic..

Q 2:97. Say: Whoever is the enemy of Jibreel-- for surely he revealed it to your heart by Allah's command, verifying that which is before it and guidance and good news for the believers..

Q 6:92., And this is a Book We have revealed, blessed, verifying that which is before it, and that you may warn the metropolis and those around her; and those who believe in the hereafter believe in it, and they attend to their prayers constantly.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #9451 - June 27, 2020, 03:09 PM

Yeez,

You mention " added verses".  Why ?
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #9452 - Yesterday at 03:12 PM

Thread: https://mobile.twitter.com/bdaiwi_historia/status/1277388380138098699
    Long before Christoph Luxenberg, medieval Muslim authorities compiled lists of foreign vocabularies in the Quran. The Quran contains words from Ethiopian, Persian, Indian, Turkic, Nabatean, Syriac, Coptic, Hebrew, Greek, and Berber, and Abyssinian origin. A thread.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #9453 - Yesterday at 03:50 PM

and she says

Just a reminder that Islamic knowledge should be learnt through books and teachers, not from twitter sheikhs

off course along with those words  one must use his/her own brain and common sense and I will have to agree with her

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Previous page 1 ... 314 315 316« Previous thread | Next thread »