Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Database backups and forced log-out.

(Read 5383 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Database backups and forced log-out.
     OP - June 27, 2008, 11:02 PM

Just letting everyone know that due to the growing size of our database and consequent server loads during maintenance any logged-in members will probably find themselves automatically kicked out when I'm running a database backup.

This is only a one-off thing during each backup and you can log straight in again.
    There's nothing I can do about this as it is a pre-programmed safety measure to prevent overloading the server.
    Sorry for any inconvenience but we'll have to live with it unless someone wants to buy us a bigger server.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Re: Database backups and forced log-out.
     Reply #1 - January 14, 2009, 03:31 PM

Do you think a new server will make a difference to the site functionality & maintenance?  How much does a new server cost?

Also is there reason why <recent posts> has the time according to U.S. time, and not GMT (where most of the users are)?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #2 - January 14, 2009, 04:12 PM

Do you think a new server will make a difference to the site functionality & maintenance?  How much does a new server cost?

Also is there reason why <recent posts> has the time according to U.S. time, and not GMT (where most of the users are)?

Because the server is in Texas.  You can go into your profile and reset the clock to your local time.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #3 - January 14, 2009, 05:46 PM

thanks...

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #4 - January 14, 2009, 07:00 PM

Because the server is in Texas.  You can go into your profile and reset the clock to your local time.

I did as you said, and put 6 in the box and saved the changed.  However the clocks are still the same?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #5 - January 14, 2009, 07:00 PM

also restarted my pc?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #6 - January 14, 2009, 07:02 PM

I did as you said, and put 6 in the box and saved the changed.  However the clocks are still the same?

You need to type +6 into the box and press the change profile button. 

You shouldn't need to restart your computer, the change should show automatically.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - January 14, 2009, 07:04 PM

Well I just did it for him and it already showed +6 so I have no idea why it is still showing as wrong to him.  wacko

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #8 - January 14, 2009, 07:24 PM

thanks, it working correctly now..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »