Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Iraqi forces ramp up offensive

(Read 1484 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Iraqi forces ramp up offensive
     OP - March 03, 2015, 05:01 PM

Come on new improved Iraqi army, it's time to make up for running away in Mosul! If only they'd taken the tip off seriously last June, and had been waiting for them, with all the airborne firepower at their disposal - so much misery could have been avoided. It took them a matter of days to take the city, but it's gonna take a hell of a lot longer to get them out.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/03/iraqi-forces-ramp-offensive-recapture-tikrit-150303091829090.html

Ha Ha.
     Reply #1 - March 03, 2015, 10:15 PM

Good to hear some good news about the situation there. I wish strength to the brave soldiers fighting ISIL.
     Reply #2 - March 03, 2015, 10:44 PM

Good to hear some good news about the situation there. I wish strength to the brave soldiers fighting ISIL.

Sadly many of them are actually Shi'a militia who are involved in sectarian killings of sunni civilians in areas they control and recapture.
     Reply #3 - March 03, 2015, 10:51 PM

Sadly many of them are actually Shi'a militia who are involved in sectarian killings of sunni civilians in areas they control and recapture.

I've heard this before from muslim friends, but I took their words with a grain of salt. I know they do it, they've done it earlier, but it sounds unlikely to me that MOST of them do it. But I could be wrong.
     Reply #4 - March 03, 2015, 11:02 PM

I couldn't tell you if most of them do it or not. But it has been going on for some time, since the time of Nouri al-Maliki who allowed Shi'a militias to gain influence.
     Reply #5 - March 03, 2015, 11:05 PM

People often forget this fact along wit the history during the occupation which led give sectarian forces too much power and/or weaponry. The enemy of my enemy is not always a friend
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »