Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Legalized Anti-Semitism

(Read 5782 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Legalized Anti-Semitism
     Reply #60 - March 12, 2015, 10:07 PM

Go a look up ethnoreligious grouping. A group unified by a religious view. Islam does this, Christianity does this. Thus this group is defined by a religious view. The religion is the foundation of this view. To no longer follow the religious view is to no longer be part of this group. If one does not hold the religious view at all they are not part of this group. So atheist-Jew is a nonsense term since they have left the group by leaving the religion. They would be cultural Jews but this is not an ethnic group. However the usage is defined by ethnic religions. This term is defined by a group which does not seek or take in converts. Judaism was once an ethnic religion and followed this parameter. However Judaism has become a universal religion by taking in converts. Various sect/denominations now accept interfaith marriages so no longer maintain religious endogamy which is a parameter of an ethnic religion. This split alone divide Judaism thus the religion can not longer be used as a basis of an ethnic group due to disagreements regarding doctrine. Likewise as it would be for Catholics and Protestants.  (I highlighted the words you seem to have issues with)

I have always argued they are a religious group.  Without the religion there is no grouping. The religion comes before the group can be defined. You confuse cultural with ethnic groupings. An ex-Jew can still be a cultural Jew. Just as I was a cultural Christian by still practicing various religious tradition after I left Christianity; X-mas, Easter, etc. This does not mean one is an ethnic anything. Your comment supports  my argument by defining the group by religion where as you defined it without religion. You in ignorance agreed with me, thank you.

People commonly thought the planet was flats or 6000 years old. It does not matter what the general population thinks, ad populum arguments does not make something true.

Israeli exists now so the international community must acknowledge this. Likewise Palestine exists and should be recognized as a state. Until this happens there can be no major progress. It's non-state status allows many nations to treat the area as part of Israeli rather than an illegal occupation thus finding a loophole in international law. The reverse also applies with nations that refuse to acknowledge Israeli. However these are fewer in numbers while also are of no consequence. I do not support the destruction of either nation, occupation of either nor 1-state solution.
     Reply #61 - March 13, 2015, 03:40 PM

You have argued that they are ONLY a religious group. I never said that they are only an ethnic group. And now you are trying very hard to say that ethnoreligious means in fact religious and ethnic means cultural. Hilarious at best.

It's a grownup attitude to admit when you are wrong. However, I expect nothing for you on this matter.
     Reply #62 - March 13, 2015, 04:15 PM

Yes it is only a religious group since it is not longer an ethnic religion. Read what I posted.

Ethnoreligious is a ethnic group identified by a common religion which is not a universal religion, ie ethnic religion. Otherwise Christianity and Islam would be an ethnic group. Taking in converts makes a religion a universal not an ethnic religion. Thus by this definition it is not an ethnic group but a religious view.

So what basis are Jews are ethnic group? You have failed to establish any ground or evidence for this view. You just repeated the claim. Heck even your own comment agrees with me. You are just in ignorance of this since you didn't look at the parameters, you took the word as face value. Ethnic is just a replacement word for race as a carry over of the 19th centuries ideas on racial divides. People uses it far to freely while imposing a double standard for groups they have issues with. For you this happens to be Muslims.
     Reply #63 - March 13, 2015, 04:37 PM

JESUS!!!  Cheesy
     Reply #64 - March 14, 2015, 04:17 PM

I guess you never bother looking up the term in your comment nor read what I posted. Amazing non-rebuttal you have. Again you have failed to establish a basis for your views thus can be dismissed for this reason alone.

Define ethnic group.
    Define ethnoreligious.
    Define the parameters in which Jews are an ethnic group.

Have at it. After all you said they were an ethnic group. Now provide the reasons why.
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »