Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Eyebrows

(Read 6481 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Eyebrows
     OP - February 17, 2015, 01:18 PM

I could never understand this ruling, and so many muslim woman stand by it religiously and bare the busy eyebrows (my former self included) but it is absolutely absurd.

http://islamqa.info/en/13744

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #1 - February 17, 2015, 01:30 PM

Yeah I used to get that a lot whenever I got my eyebrows done. It's highly ridiculous. My sister used to do it for many of her friends as she is really good with removing facial hair with thread and one of my mothers friends warned her that hell has a special place for women who work with facial hair removal.  idiot2

You are the Universe, Expressing itself as a Human for a little while- Eckhart Tolle
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #2 - February 17, 2015, 01:35 PM

I know its so weird that such a small thing gets you to hell, I have a theory that with all the technicalities in religion no one will make it to heaven without tasting hell first

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #3 - February 17, 2015, 07:44 PM

Yeah I used to get that a lot whenever I got my eyebrows done. It's highly ridiculous. My sister used to do it for many of her friends as she is really good with removing facial hair with thread and one of my mothers friends warned her that hell has a special place for women who work with facial hair removal.  idiot2

Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #4 - February 18, 2015, 02:25 AM

The whole "do not change the creation of allah" is not what makes me think this is stupid. I can somewhat get why a religious ideology, used to control the masses, wants to eliminate individuality and make people preoccupied with the "next" world so much so that even day to day mundane activities must be damned impermissible or disdainful. There is a very good explanation and reasoning behind this, and this is why Islam isn't the only religion that has had and still has these kind of rulings and regulations.

What bothers me more is how, without any real logical or reasonable reasoning, inconsistent this principle is applied. You remove hair from your armpits and private area (actually, removing hair from women's private area can cause a lot of infections and other complications especially for some who are more sensitive than others. More so in warm and damp environments), even your arms and legs, but god forbid you touch your eyebrows. You can't tattoo your body, or do any other cosmetic alterations to it (plastic surgery or other culturally bound practices such as filing teeth), but hey lets cut the foreskin and clitoris. That is not at all risky, and in no way alters the creation of allah or interfers with normal human sexuality  idiot2

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #5 - February 18, 2015, 04:07 AM

Yeah, the owner of a salon I used to go to once went to the mosque and was told that having her girls pluck and shape eyebrows of customers is haraam and was causing her great prejudice, so she forbade her employees to do it anymore.

But she never forbade them to do full Brazilian waxing, among other things, so I guess looking at another woman's vagina is much more preferable than their faces?

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #6 - February 18, 2015, 06:36 AM

But she never forbade them to do full Brazilian waxing, among other things, so I guess looking at another woman's vagina is much more preferable than their faces?

Cheesy Cheesy

You are the Universe, Expressing itself as a Human for a little while- Eckhart Tolle
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #7 - February 18, 2015, 02:54 PM

Ironic that almost all of the eyebrow threaders employed in the chemists and beauticians are hijabi women lol
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #8 - February 18, 2015, 03:10 PM

so I guess looking at another woman's vagina is much more preferable than their faces?

Well, to many Muslims the two are practically the same thing. The face itself is aurah so it must be covered just like the vagina.

I also never understood the big bruhaha over shaping eyebrows. I think it's just another way for the Muslim Ulema to control women's every little action and deprive them of any sense of individuality and pride in their appearance.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #9 - February 18, 2015, 04:01 PM

Most Muslim women groom their brows and I'm pretty sure they know it's haram.
    From the husbands perspective, a unibrow would prevent other men from lusting over his girl. But for his personal pleasures, he would want her hairless in her private areas.

turnipovich
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #10 - February 18, 2015, 04:19 PM

A Muslim is asked about this very issue here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b053h4m7/the-big-questions-series-8-episode-6

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #11 - February 20, 2015, 11:23 AM

Tbh some of the most hardcore pluckers are Muslim women. Plus Instagram brows are a major fashion trend like this girl

I honestly do not think anybody actually follows those rules. Not if they're planning on obtaining husbands.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #12 - February 20, 2015, 11:35 AM

Or worse

• Eyebrows
     Reply #13 - February 20, 2015, 11:41 AM

Those are some serious eyebrows.

I always had thicker brows and I thought they looked weird when I was young, and when I was a freshman in high school I plucked them for the first time to the brink of oblivion. Like a pencil thin line of eyebrows. Grin

I realized later that it was much more desirable to have larger eyebrows, especially since you can carefully sculpt them, than eyebrows too small, but damage done. I still had to wait like three years for them to come back.
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #14 - February 20, 2015, 11:50 AM

I use to get made fun of as a kid for my thick brows but my mother never let me touch them (rightfully so) and now I get to bank in on the Cara Delevingne thick brow trend  grin12
    I just clean up around them, I like their natural shape.

• Eyebrows
     Reply #15 - February 20, 2015, 11:55 AM

Yes, yours are perfect. And good for your mother for keeping you from looking like you singed your brows off in high school. My mother handed me the tweezers. Cry
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #16 - February 20, 2015, 12:05 PM

Thank you Lua. We all learn our lesson on eyebrows at some point or another in our lives...

I just dread the day spaghetti is back

• Eyebrows
     Reply #17 - February 20, 2015, 01:02 PM

Those lips though...

Mhhhmm...HAYYA!..Please refrain from posting such seductive pictures of enticing women with lips that could.....

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #18 - February 20, 2015, 01:13 PM

I thought you were suppose to lower your gaze Jedi

• Eyebrows
     Reply #19 - February 20, 2015, 01:18 PM

The first look is allowed, the second and third are not...

• Eyebrows
     Reply #20 - February 20, 2015, 01:19 PM

Roll Eyes

• Eyebrows
     Reply #21 - February 20, 2015, 01:24 PM

The first look is allowed, the second and third are not...

I used to know a brother who would take advantage of that. “I’m trying not to blink, Akh. I’m still on my first look!”
  • Eyebrows
     Reply #22 - February 20, 2015, 01:29 PM

Yeah 'A brother'. Whatever. They don't call you happymurtad for no reason innit blud!?

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »