Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Deadly attack on office of French magazine Charlie Hebdo

(Read 78026 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 16 17 1819 20 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Deadly attack on office of French magazine Charlie Hebdo
     Reply #510 - January 24, 2015, 04:50 PM

For british Muslims, how popular are the likes of Anjem Choudry? Do they represent Islam in Britain or is it a figure for Fox news to raise the tension?
     Reply #511 - January 24, 2015, 05:24 PM

For british Muslims, how popular are the likes of Anjem Choudry? Do they represent Islam in Britain or is it a figure for Fox news to raise the tension?

Well that question is a  loaded question khalils.,  

So who represents Islam? Now you answer me khalils

As far as that fool is concerned,  let me be bit cryptic.,.. That rogue  is using British Social system  and England is using such Muslim Scoundrels  to explain Islam..

Now question again is .. what is Islam and who represents Islam in this 21 st century?

Answer me khalils... answer me..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #512 - January 24, 2015, 06:56 PM

What gets me is the Hypocracy, the amount of Muslims I have heard and seen insulting other religions. Even when discussing with other students who were Christian, they giggled at the cartoons of Muhammad and mentioned how sad the whole event was. But when they saw cartoons satirising Jesus, they retracted their statement and stated "The magazine company deserved it."

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #513 - January 24, 2015, 09:25 PM

Well that question is a  loaded question khalils.,  

So who represents Islam? Now you answer me khalils

As far as that fool is concerned,  let me be bit cryptic.,.. That rogue  is using British Social system  and England is using such Muslim Scoundrels  to explain Islam..

Now question again is .. what is Islam and who represents Islam in this 21 st century?

Answer me khalils... answer me..

Most muslims I know would say he;s a nut job, although he might be working according scripture he does nit represent the spirit of the islamic community, the thing is the way it's presented in the media, he does represent the spirit of british muslims, is it really this way? Do British muslims have considerable percentage thinking ISIS are good? and Sharia should be implemented? What does the muslim street think in Britain?
     Reply #514 - January 30, 2015, 11:53 AM

Quote from: yeezevee   asks  link=topic=27984.msg803604#msg803604 date=1422120270

........Now question again is .. what is Islam and who represents Islam in this 21 st century?........

........ he does represent the spirit of british muslims, is it really this way?
     Do British muslims have considerable percentage thinking ISIS are good?
    and Sharia should be implemented?
    What does the muslim street think in Britain?

Huh?  I asked only one question for that you are bombarding me with many questions  Huh?  .........khalils Unfair.... life is unfair khalils..., anyways let us go back to the thread..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJO6bzAk3I8

That is Taslima Nasrin on that brutal killings in France...  boy that Indian guy needs some help in the way he speaks.. damn his English sounds like noise..

Reply #515 - January 31, 2015, 10:03 AM

Student society censored at University of Manchester

Earlier this week the Free Speech and Secular Society (FSS) at the University of Manchester planned to display a cover of Charlie Hebdo on its stall at the ‘Refreshers Fair’ in memory of those killed.

However, the society was told by the student union that it could not display the magazine, as the fair “was to be a comfortable and inclusive environment where people should not feel ridiculed”.

As a result, the society decided to compromise, placing the cover inside a leaflet which displayed a warning about the content.

This is just the latest in a long line of incidents in which student unions have essentially imposed blasphemy codes on students.

In January 2012, student groups at both University College London (UCL) and the London School of Economics (LSE) were told to remove ‘Jesus and Mo’ cartoons from their Facebook pages.

Meanwhile, in October 2012, the Atheist, Humanist, and Secularist Society at the University of Reading was ejected from the Freshers’ Fayre after displaying a pineapple labelled ‘Mohammed’ on its stall.

A year later, the same society was disaffiliated from the union after refusing to sign a statement in which it agreed to refrain from causing offence.

In the same week, students at LSE were again targeted by the student union, and forced to cover t-shirts featuring ‘Jesus and Mo’.

The LSE student union was later forced to apologise to the students, stating: “the wearing of the t-shirts on this occasion did not amount to harassment or contravene the law or LSE policies”.

As we have written in the past, students do not have the right to impose their religious sensibilities on others – and student unions should certainly not be doing this on their behalf.

To do so homogenises and infantilises religious students – and the fact that Islamic Society members at the University of Manchester have “expressed their displeasure” at the censorship of the FSS highlights this.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #516 - January 31, 2015, 11:38 AM

I pass the university quite frequently, right next door to it is a huge muslim community of shops and islamic restaurants, and some police presence, perhaps they didn't want to spark trouble ??
     Reply #517 - January 31, 2015, 11:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeXzX_zm2cU

Reply #518 - February 05, 2015, 11:56 AM

Hayat Boumeddiene in IS video?

http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2015/02/05/hayat-boumeddiene-amedy-coulibaly-video-daech-cnn-etat-islamique-syrie_n_6619348.html?utm_hp_ref=tw
     Reply #519 - February 10, 2015, 08:48 PM

Police from several UK forces seek details of Charlie Hebdo readers

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/feb/10/police-several-forces-seek-details-charlie-hebdo-readers
     Reply #520 - February 10, 2015, 08:52 PM

Stupid, I think they have apologised now!
     Reply #521 - February 10, 2015, 09:37 PM

idiot2

My local library here in Denmark has the issue available right at the entrance. I browsed it. Wonder if I will be able to visit UK now Cheesy

But srsly... banghead

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #522 - February 11, 2015, 12:34 AM

idiot2

My local library here in Denmark has the issue available right at the entrance. I browsed it. Wonder if I will be able to visit UK now Cheesy

But srsly... banghead

See how fucked up and at crossed-purposes it is in PC UK-Plc?
     Reply #523 - February 11, 2015, 12:44 AM

You could argue that its more about monitoring predominantly anti-establishment / radical readership of a foreign magazine rather than anything PC. Its not a new thing in that regard.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #524 - February 11, 2015, 12:48 AM

True, it's just how brazen and stupid they did it. They shouldn't have made it so obviously Charlie Hebdo heavy.
     Reply #525 - February 12, 2015, 09:22 AM

On the plus side the twats don't seem to have any support.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #526 - February 18, 2015, 06:57 PM

We’re in a suburb near Paris. I’ve taken the tube all the way to the end of the line, then jumped on a bus for half an hour. I’m now standing in front of what looks like a pretty well-run secondary school, teaching kids from 11 to 15 years old. A young woman I studied with is now a teacher here. In the days following the attacks on Charlie Hebdo, two boys from classes she teaches in, were placed taken into police custody.

On the day after the shooting, it was decided by the French ministry of education that a minute of silence would be observed in all secondary schools across France, to honour the victims. My friend got the news via an email sent after 8am on Thursday morning, shortly before she was to start her first class of the day.

She retells what happened next: “It was really early on, before the hostage situation and all the rest took place. I asked the kids if they knew what Charlie Hebdo was. Most of them didn’t, but one said: ‘It’s a newspaper that spoke badly about Muslims.’ So we talked about it. I was supposed to do a civics lesson on the values of the Republic, simply because it’s on the curriculum. I talked about the values of the Republic that had been threatened by the attack, I told them about laïcité [French term for “secularism”] for instance.

There are three or four Muslim kids in that class and they felt uneasy with the notion. They said: ‘Miss, if one is not supposed to discriminate [against] people because of their religion, why are we being told that what happened is our fault even though these guys are not Muslims, even though what they did puts our religion to shame?’ I let them talk because it looked like they really needed to talk. And even the kid who had said Charlie Hebdo had spoken badly about Muslims ended up saying that it wasn’t a reason to kill someone.”

Next day, my friend found out that two kids from two of her classes – boys, 14 and 15 respectively – had been taken into custody and interviewed by the police. One of them was the same kid that had said Charlie Hebdo “had spoken badly about Muslims”.

“Apparently, one kid lost it with a teacher assistant who told him off. He said Al Qaida should blow up the school. It was a similar story with the other kid. He said he agreed with the terrorists”, she explains. Because of measures dictated in the Plan Vigipirate attentats, an emergency set of instructions that come into force after terrorist attacks, school directors are obliged to report pupils for comments that could constitute “apologie du terrorisme” (“terrorism apology”: any action defending or glorifying terrorism).

“Of the two kids, one happens not to be Muslim. It’s important to make this clear, because of the implicit assumption is that he is. The other is not really the type to have political views close to jihadism. In fact, he’s not the type to have political views at all. He’s just the type to be 14”, she explains.

During those days, tensions in the school mirrored those of the entire nation: a 12 year-old girl was also temporarily excluded from school for saying in the playground, that all Muslim kids at school – and all Muslims in general – are friends with jihadists.

On 14 January 2015, Najat Vallaud-Belkacem, France’s education minister, spoke at the Assemblée nationale, saying that in the wake of the shooting, 200 incidents had been reported in schools across the country. “Schools are in the front line. We will punish firmly, create educational dialogue, including with parents. Even in schools were no incidents took place too much questioning came from pupils”, she declared, labelling as suspicious the very act of discussing what had taken place .

[...]

http://www.precariouseurope.com/lives/forced-to-be-charlie
     Reply #527 - February 19, 2015, 01:28 AM

Not saying I agree, but I have to admit to wondering what environment that 12-year-old is subject to.

Reply #528 - February 19, 2015, 03:29 AM

Not saying I agree, but I have to admit to wondering what environment that 12-year-old is subject to.

Thing is, the reason for children becoming like that or like the other children in the story is a bad upbringing. I can't say that I wouldn't have turned out to be a psychotic cultist on a shooting rampage or something, if I had had someone sweep into my life and encourage me to. If I had had someone like Charles Manson, John Allen Muhammad, or Shoko Asahara had come into my life when I was in my early teens, I probably would have followed him, because I was broken and not very in touch with reality. I wanted love, I wanted attention, I wanted someone to protect me from the abuse, and I wanted revenge. If someone had offered me all that, I would gladly have given my life for him. That's not true of me anymore, but there was a time when I could easily have become radicalized by someone.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #529 - February 19, 2015, 08:45 AM

"Even in schools were no incidents took place too much questioning came from pupils”

And to think that this person is the EDUCATION minister...

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #530 - February 22, 2015, 04:20 PM

Isis supporters call for Charlie Hebdo survivor Zineb el-Rhazoui to be murdered by terrorist lone wolves

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-supporters-call-charlie-hebdo-survivor-zineb-el-rhazoui-be-murdered-by-terrorist-lone-wolves-1488721
     Reply #531 - February 22, 2015, 04:26 PM

Saw that. Hope they don't get to her or her family! 

Makes you feel small and like mah pooter haz sploded! could happen if you said anything!
     Reply #532 - February 22, 2015, 04:28 PM

I'm hoping to see thousands of arrests for threatening remarks in the next few days.
     Reply #533 - February 22, 2015, 04:30 PM

It won't happen! Europe is too cowardly, indecisive with a lack of real statesmanlike leadership at the moment.
     Reply #534 - February 22, 2015, 06:35 PM

Isis supporters call for Charlie Hebdo survivor Zineb el-Rhazoui to be murdered by terrorist lone wolves

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-supporters-call-charlie-hebdo-survivor-zineb-el-rhazoui-be-murdered-by-terrorist-lone-wolves-1488721

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm6TjrqNXx4

And  Zineb el-Rhazoui  says If you don't criticize Islam you are racist"

Reply #535 - February 23, 2015, 11:33 AM

It won't happen! Europe is too cowardly, indecisive with a lack of real statesmanlike leadership at the moment.

This. USA has done much better in this regard.

French authorities should take this very, very serious. They should provide extra security for her and her family, immediately.
     Reply #536 - February 23, 2015, 11:40 AM

She has protection. Her husband, who is in Morocco, doesn't.
     Reply #537 - February 23, 2015, 11:41 AM

This. USA has done much better in this regard.

French authorities should take this very, very serious. They should provide extra security for her and her family, immediately.

The US media has steadfastly refused over and over to publish cartoons of Mo. They tell their readers/viewers something has been published but won't let their audience know what exactly it is.

Reply #538 - February 23, 2015, 12:54 PM

Yes with regard of censorship of publicating cartoons, USA has indeed acted cowardly.

But, I was talking in regard to @josoj post.
     Reply #539 - February 28, 2015, 01:57 PM

WHat an amazing discovery!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31640643

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Previous page 1 ... 16 17 1819 20 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »