Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: "Miracle" that has been bothering me...

(Read 12137 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • "Miracle" that has been bothering me...
     OP - December 30, 2014, 06:03 AM

This has been bothering me for quite a bit. There is a picture of a tree going around the Internet of a tree that looks like a man praying in ruku. At first, I didn't pay too much attention to it since after all it could be just a natural coincidence and an example of paradeloia . However, what has been bothering me is that the tree points towards the kaaba on a compass. My cousins in Australia have visited that place, and I also found a picture of a compass showing that the tree almost exactly pointed towards the Kaaba some months ago which I can't find at the moment (although I will post it as soon as I find it). My mind can't wrap around the notion that this may be a coincidence. Not only does this tree look like a man praying (How many of these have you ever seen in your life? :S) which seems remarkable by itself, but it also seems to point towards the Kaaba which I have honestly been having a hard time rationalizing.  For the past 6 months, I have still not been able to wrap this around my head, and was interested in your thoughts.

Here are two pictures (an older and newer version) :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_n2W-yfyW_Lo/SCKqMqKgoYI/AAAAAAAAAJg/qClv2NEBy_g/S187/ruku+tree+(zoom-up).jpg

http://www.islamawareness.net/Miracles/tree_ruku_new2.JPG
     Reply #1 - December 30, 2014, 06:10 AM

I don't get it. It doesn't really look like anyone praying.  Huh?

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #2 - December 30, 2014, 06:13 AM

Sorry, I meant the ruku position.
     Reply #3 - December 30, 2014, 06:21 AM

Oh, well then I'm not going to be much help cuz I don't know what that is. But I'm glad Allah is putting his omnipotence to good use by making his existence this obvious.

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #4 - December 30, 2014, 06:55 AM

Cheesy
     Reply #5 - December 30, 2014, 08:39 AM

There are trillions of trees on earth. One of them kind of looks like a man bending over given the right angle and lighting conditions. In addition, it may or may not be facing mekka considering we have no proof of that (I bet its a number of degrees off but miracle claimers wouldn't give a shit about that!).

This tree is a mathematical certainty bro, nothing miraculous about anything here. And look at all those atheist trees just growing beside it! Astaghfirullah!
     Reply #6 - December 30, 2014, 08:45 AM

That picture is proof that even a tree can show proper respect. Aussies should give it to the Japanese as a gift.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #7 - December 30, 2014, 09:04 AM

However, what has been bothering me is that the tree points towards the kaaba on a compass. My cousins in Australia have visited that place, and I also found a picture of a compass showing that the tree almost exactly pointed towards the Kaaba some months ago which I can't find at the moment (although I will post it as soon as I find it).

Looking up this claim, I can't find any calculation to back up this detail. It should be noted that its not possible to find the direction of mecca with a compass alone. Different pieces of information are required and the calculation itself is somewhat involved with the spherical triangle and all. You also have to factor in the magnetic declination of magnetic north and true north. Considering no miracle site has these calculations, I would guess that they've run into a bit of a problem.

maybe its ass is the thing pointing to mecca  Tongue
     Reply #8 - December 30, 2014, 09:22 AM

From what I remember in the picture, it wasn't EXACT, but it was very close to EXACT (I'm just talking about the compass). I favorited the site on my brother's laptop as soon as that is up and running, I'll post it.

But man, I just can't seem to get it out of my head. As childish as it may sound to all of you, I just can't fathom it being just a probability. Also, there are about 400 billion trees (I know it doesn't matter in the long run but thought I should point it out lol).
     Reply #9 - December 30, 2014, 09:35 AM

One major issue is the Earth's curvature. For a tree to be truly pointing at Mecca the line must be straight, not conforming to the curvature of the Earth. The line factually goes off into space. This is typical thinking from sensory information understood in a 2d format rather than 3d which is observed in reality.
     Reply #10 - December 30, 2014, 09:40 AM

If it grew right next to the kaba building then that would be a miracle but it's in Australia. 
     Reply #11 - December 30, 2014, 09:56 AM

From what I remember in the picture, it wasn't EXACT, but it was very close to EXACT (I'm just talking about the compass). I favorited the site on my brother's laptop as soon as that is up and running, I'll post it.

But man, I just can't seem to get it out of my head. As childish as it may sound to all of you, I just can't fathom it being just a probability. Also, there are about 400 billion trees (I know it doesn't matter in the long run but thought I should point it out lol).

Yeah, not trillions, 400 billion. quick search failed me lol

You can't fathom a not exact, kind of bending over if given the right angle and lighting conditions in the middle of nowhere tree out of 400 billion? Maybe if there were was a species of tree that always pointed to mecca exactly we'd have a real miracle but this is just random nonsense
     Reply #12 - December 30, 2014, 10:18 AM

Fuck, I've never thought about how the angle would matter. For example, the other side doesn't really look impressive http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0o9RChKFfGU/RuSN5WBTumI/AAAAAAAAACE/yPW8MRa666o/s400/Image008.jpg
     Reply #13 - December 30, 2014, 10:24 AM

Well the first pic looks exactly like a polite Japanese person.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #14 - December 30, 2014, 10:35 AM

Fuck, I've never thought about how the angle would matter. For example, the other side doesn't really look impressive http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0o9RChKFfGU/RuSN5WBTumI/AAAAAAAAACE/yPW8MRa666o/s400/Image008.jpg

Reply #15 - December 30, 2014, 10:40 AM

To me from a scientific perspective it looks like a tree that was pushed over by something; high winds, fallen tree, large animal which did not break but slightly cracked and it healed itself up. The 'trunk' that is growing up from beyond the bend is actually a branch which has taken on the role of the main trunk as the trunk proper beyond this became too strongly damaged hence the tapering off as the rest of the trunk has thickened over time.
     Reply #16 - December 30, 2014, 11:23 AM

Trees do all kinds of human things:

Reply #17 - December 30, 2014, 11:41 AM

If you would have the exact geographical coordination, you could look it up on Google Maps, if it really points to Mecca. A compass is not enough.
     Reply #18 - December 30, 2014, 11:44 AM

Yes I can confirm it is a miracle!!

God put this praying tree in this forest to prove he exists and Islam is true.
     Reply #19 - December 30, 2014, 11:55 AM

One must always be on the lookout for God's discreet messages that he leaves us here and there - our eternal salvation depends on it.

But be careful not to be fooled by things like images of the virgin Mary on toast or milk drinking Ganesh statues.  Shaytan put those there to misguide you.
     Reply #20 - December 30, 2014, 11:59 AM

More funny trees  Cheesy

http://pictures.bigfunnysite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/121.jpg

http://idiotduck.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/fuunny-tree-8-600x400.jpg

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/1770015/Trees

http://coolemailforwards.com/pictures/Interesting-Trees-Photos-2231-2.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cYBOxXaa-dA/TM_KYSPc-1I/AAAAAAAAAJc/EB_0wuSwwJQ/s1600/nida0071649653.jpg
     Reply #21 - December 30, 2014, 12:03 PM

I found the Ganesh tree:

Now we can all convert to Buddhism  Cheesy
     Reply #22 - December 30, 2014, 12:05 PM

Astaghfirullah brother! Those images are clearly fake or examples of pareidolia.

The tree praying towards mecca is a genuine miracle.

It's actually facing mecca! What more evidence does one need to accept a religion for goodness sake!?
     Reply #23 - December 30, 2014, 12:07 PM

I found the Ganesh tree:

(Clicky for piccy!)

LOL
     Reply #24 - December 30, 2014, 12:08 PM

What about the praying rock?

Reply #25 - December 30, 2014, 12:09 PM

I found the Ganesh tree:

(Clicky for piccy!)

Pfft…  looks nothing like Ganesh.
     Reply #26 - December 30, 2014, 12:10 PM

Tree is praying towards Jerusalem, it is indeed a great miracle but slightly different religion.
     Reply #27 - December 30, 2014, 12:12 PM

Ps to the OP…  sorry but even at the hieght of my Islamic fervor I could never take this sort of nonsense seriously.
     Reply #28 - December 30, 2014, 12:14 PM

Tree is praying towards Jerusalem, it is indeed a great miracle but slightly different religion.

Lol good point  grin12
     Reply #29 - December 30, 2014, 12:26 PM

Nooo, it just the original Islam when all the Mosques DID point towards Jerusalem!
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »