Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: And?

(Read 2233 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • And?
     OP - March 12, 2015, 07:31 AM

Ok, Allah is the only god and mo is his prophet.

And?

What is the next step, are the next steps?

Why?

Why can I not discuss these issues directly with Allah?  It is my soul at stake.  How does anyone else know anything about this?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • And?
     Reply #1 - March 12, 2015, 07:35 AM

Everything is indirect and you need to take the step to seek allah. only then will you be in peace.

Can anyone provide me with a decent challenge?
  • And?
     Reply #2 - March 12, 2015, 07:54 AM

And?

believe in everything the koran and mo says and do everything that the koran and mo tell you to do.
    Why?

because allah wants you to do so. If you don't, he'll send you to hell. If you do, he'll give you beautiful virgins.
    Why can I not discuss these issues directly with Allah?  It is my soul at stake.

because he wants to test you.
    How does anyone else know anything about this?

by listening to mo and the koran.

"we stand firm calling to allah all the time,
    we let them know - bang! bang! - coz it's dawah time!"
  • And?
     Reply #3 - March 12, 2015, 08:29 AM

by listening to mo and the koran

But that is their interpretation!  I think I should discuss it directly with Allah!  Cut out the middlemen and the middle book!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

• And?
     Reply #4 - March 12, 2015, 08:31 AM

Everything is indirect

Why?  This is about my soul!  I must discuss it directly with Allah!

A.A. Milne,

• And?
     Reply #5 - March 12, 2015, 09:25 AM

Islam is a brazen, bare-faced bait and switch that would make even the shadiest used car salesman turn green with envy.

I was told that through prayer - the so-called contact prayer - one communicates directly with allah. Of course I assumed this would be a two-way connection. Then I learn that for allah to get back to me, I must rely on an elaborate telephone game through which allah has already prescribed how I should conduct the most minute details of my life.

Doesn't allah have a full-duplex connection? Perhaps this is just allah 1.0 and when allah 2.0 comes it will be full-duplex. Now if Steve Jobs had designed allah things would surely work better.... iAllah
  • And?
     Reply #6 - March 12, 2015, 01:41 PM

So Allah is on dial up and 5 1/4 floppies, or is it cassettes? :-)

A.A. Milne,

• And?
     Reply #7 - March 13, 2015, 04:36 AM

Is that agreed then?

A.A. Milne,

• And?
     Reply #8 - March 13, 2015, 04:40 AM

And who says Allah is the big god?  Who made Allah?

How do I know I am talking to da boss?  Someone grumpy and threateny and harrumphy and rule making does not sound like a boss!  That is typical foreman behaviour!

A.A. Milne,

• And?
     Reply #9 - March 13, 2015, 10:03 AM

Also apparently theres a powerful deceptive entity known as Satan. One of the most clever ways to deceive people and mislead them would be to pretend to be God and write a book that would inspire religious violence and sectarian dispute

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
  • And?
     Reply #10 - March 13, 2015, 01:33 PM

And how come, if it's even the great creator I'm really onto here, you made the dam universe so big. I mean why does it need to be so big and . . . and if we go exploring it can we find you?
  • And?
     Reply #11 - March 13, 2015, 10:35 PM

Thing is, there are versions of Christianity that promise you can have a two-way conversation with god, and by and large, these groups end up having their members or leaders sent to jail because "God said" to do all kinds of shit that is immoral or illegal or just so completely inept at human-ing that it hurts someone. Like they try to cast out their kids demons by starving them to death or refuse medicine because God said he's going to heal them or kill an abortion doctor or some shit. So, yeah, not the best thing to want, is what I'm saying.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • And?
     Reply #12 - March 14, 2015, 05:14 AM

But let us take this one step at a time - in principle should I not have a direct conversation between the big wot sit and myself about my soul? No middle men, middle books and angels? :-)

A.A. Milne,

• And?
     Reply #13 - March 14, 2015, 11:00 AM

Why can I not discuss these issues directly with Allah?  It is my soul at stake.  How does anyone else know anything about this?

That's usual, I was thinking the exact same thing recently and wanted to make a thread about it too. Apparently God has spoken to plenty of prophets so he has no problems communicating with humans. Why can't I hear his will from the horses mouth, not from some ancient desert nomad (funny how most of the prophets were arab). He was also smiting people and destroying whole towns throughout history, right until we understood weather and plate tectonics.
  • And?
     Reply #14 - March 14, 2015, 01:13 PM

But let us take this one step at a time - in principle should I not have a direct conversation between the big wot sit and myself about my soul? No middle men, middle books and angels? :-)

maybe you should, but allah doesn't want to talk to you directly. He wants to tell you these things through a messenger.

"we stand firm calling to allah all the time,
    we let them know - bang! bang! - coz it's dawah time!"
  • And?
     Reply #15 - March 14, 2015, 01:49 PM

So Allah has never heard of Chinese whispers and transmission errors?

A.A. Milne,

• And?
     Reply #16 - March 14, 2015, 04:02 PM

Why can I not discuss these issues directly with Allah?

You need to ask the prophet about that. I have a feeling he knows exactly why  yes

Ha Ha.
  • And?
     Reply #17 - March 14, 2015, 04:31 PM

And?

Why?

I remember listening to a lecture on this in my "Muslim" days...
    You cannot access/ discuss with God directly because it is beyond your comprehension, we have prophets who we can understand and comprehend. Kind of like you can`t understand university level literature when your still in primary school. That`s why prophets, the sahaba and awliya are our middle men to seek God, and once you attain spirituality you have the strength and knowledge to speak to God directly- although this is said to only be very few!
    Actually I remember a speech which said when the people of heaven will be given their rightful place, there will be a few who when asked what they want will say we only seek heaven to seek you (i.e. God) and God will unveil himself to those.

"the question is" said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be the master- that`s all."
    Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking- Glass.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »