Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Introduction

(Read 4114 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Introduction
     OP - November 28, 2014, 01:25 AM

Hello
    I would like to introduce myself to the CEMB community, I'm a 17 year old male who lives in south Yorkshire. I was born into a Muslim family with my father being from Libya and my mother being an English convert and I had a somewhat strict religious upbringing. Between the ages of 4-9 I would go to various mosques to learn Arabic and the Quran but at 10 my father stopped sending us (my older siblings as well). I've always been a Muslim who's prayed five times a day and would often go to the mosque to pray the majority of them due to constant nagging of my father to "go do salat at the masjid". I've always been much more closer to my mother due to her being less strict about religion and due to this I've always related to my English heritage and have always been able to get along better with English people rather than Muslims (Pakistanis, Arabs etc.). I think due to this I've always held secular and open views even whilst being a muslim. However most if not all of my english friends were atheists and I always wondered to myself "how can you not believe in a God if you don't believe in Islam atleast be a christian or something" but now looking back I find it remarkable that I believed in a God for so long. By the time I had turned 15 however I had become skeptical of islam but kept the faith. I think I kept the faith for so long is due to the fear of hell, I'm guessing a feeling all too familiar to most ex-Muslims, the fear of hell that sometimes makes you wish you had never been born or curl up and beg the invisible tyrant not to send you there even when you feel like you've done nothing wrong. One thing that gave me serious doubts about Islam was the promise of an eternal hell for non-believers and after giving it serious thought I came to the conclusion it was all BS that was the best tool in history for controlling weak willed people considering how much control it had over me, I mean seriously God creates us in this imperfect state of existence with the only way for a better existence is to grovel at his feet or he'll make it even worse by burning you in hell, I didn't ask to be born, he didn't ask me if I wanted to take the test, it's sadistic. Giving up Islam was the hardest thing I've ever done but afterwards I think I'm better off now that I have my entire life to look forward to without being scared of hell or being dragged down by a religion that asks way too much of its followers. However for now I have to pretend to be a Muslim for my family because of all the fallout with my mother and father for being an atheist, I still regularly go to mosque and I'm amazed by how blind these people are, for example earlier after Isha the imam talked about how its important to pray extra after all prayers and saying "whoever prays extra salat will be given a golden palace in paradise" with the majority of the mosque saying "Subhan Allah" , it angers me and at the same I also pity them due to these people dedicating their lives to worshiping a non-existent being. I eagerly await the day I am truly free from Islam and can finally enjoy life.
  • Introduction
     Reply #1 - November 28, 2014, 01:41 AM

Warm welcome for u.."religion,opium for the masses"..
  • Introduction
     Reply #2 - November 28, 2014, 01:42 AM

hey Abdul, welcome to the forum  Afro

Very inspiring to read your story, remember to think strategically about your beliefs so you stay safe and avoid friction with family. Plan for your long term independence so that in a few years you'll be able to live as you like. And you'll always have this forum to come to for discussing things and connecting with people who know what you're going through  Smiley

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Introduction
     Reply #3 - November 28, 2014, 07:18 AM

Good intro, geezer (or Yorkshire equivalent thereof).
  • Introduction
     Reply #4 - November 28, 2014, 03:24 PM

Welcome to the forum Abdul!

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Introduction
     Reply #5 - November 29, 2014, 07:27 PM

Welcome. Hope it all goes well for u. I am in west yorkshire and still 'Acting Muslim' too just for the sake of family. It can get very stressful tho

"Question with boldness even the existence of God...because...if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear"...Thomas Jefferson
  • Introduction
     Reply #6 - November 29, 2014, 07:39 PM

parrot Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Introduction
     Reply #7 - November 30, 2014, 01:38 AM

Welcome Abdul,

What you said about hell and the fear of it rings so true.  I felt the same way about it.  I spent my last year as a muslim crying because I hated god, and knowing that my anger with him would end up with me in the hellfire.  You know, because I wasn't pleased with the qadr of Allah. 

Welcome to other side, which is so much less terrifying.

Carlie

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
    there is a field. I'll meet you there.
    (Rumi)
  • Introduction
     Reply #8 - November 30, 2014, 05:35 AM

The fake crying at the mosque after especially threatening verses was the worst. And to top it off Allah always says but I am merciful after every threat, that shyt used to trip me out.  Like a wife beater that keeps saying see what you made me do.  Glad you found your way out. Welcome to the forum

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Introduction
     Reply #9 - November 30, 2014, 10:45 AM

Welcome, Abdul - here's a song for you - Abdul Abulbul Ameer:

https://soundcloud.com/atomsblownfromthestars/abdul-abulbul-ameer

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »