Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: How to avoid people and not be friendly?

(Read 4834 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • How to avoid people and not be friendly?
     OP - November 17, 2014, 12:11 AM

I don't like people. And I dont wanna be friends with anyone. There seem to be no one interesting outside there. -_-
    and Im sick bored of them.
    How to be reserved without sounding too rude?
    How do I ignore people who I've been friendly with?

Reply #1 - November 17, 2014, 12:43 AM

I think it is better to come off sounding insane. That usually puts people off quicker and more effectively. You could also suddenly fumble through your belongings when someone says hi to you. Be perpetually distracted.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #2 - November 17, 2014, 01:28 AM

You are right, lol

I just like my company  Tongue
     Reply #3 - November 17, 2014, 01:58 AM

Can't blame you!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #4 - November 17, 2014, 07:32 AM

Having headphones on has barely ever failed me. If you're really dedicated then perhaps try walking around with a motorcycle helmet on, though that might be too interesting.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #5 - November 17, 2014, 02:28 PM

aha right, AstroCat  Tongue
     Reply #6 - November 17, 2014, 02:32 PM

Niqab, sunglasses and some giant headphones should do it.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #7 - November 17, 2014, 04:14 PM

I better lock myself in a room at this point. Lol

Reply #8 - November 17, 2014, 05:30 PM

I don't like people. And I dont wanna be friends with anyone. There seem to be no one interesting outside there. -_-

Keep your distance, absolutely no eye contact, wear headphones or just look distracted. It's important to look unapproachable so rock that mean, bitchy look (similar to the look you give guys when you don't want to be approached). Depending on where you live, wearing a hijab can help but you might attract Muslima sisters and/or stares. If you're desperate, pretend that you can't speak English whenever someone strikes a conversation with you.
    I'm fantastic when it comes to not making friends. I prefer to be alone but it doesn't mean I don't want people in my life. I just need breaks. You can still be friendly with others but set boundaries. I have people I'm cool with but I wouldn't dare exchanging numbers, adding them on Facebook or going out for brunch with them. And there's definitely interesting people out there so don't give up on humanity.

turnipovich
     Reply #9 - November 17, 2014, 06:00 PM

My faith in humanity is restored online.

Reply #10 - November 17, 2014, 11:19 PM

It's a shame you've decided there's no one interesting out there before you've met us all :(

Seriously though, M.I.A offers the most useful and comprehensive advice. She seems highly skilled at avoidance. To add to that, headphones plus not wearing any contact lenses on the days I didn't fancy talking, seemed to work for me. I would pass friends without noticing them, and I didn't have to pretend not to see them. I just really couldn't. But I suppose that only works if you're blind, but not too blind that you'd get yourself run over by a bus  wacko

Hi
     Reply #11 - November 18, 2014, 12:20 AM

Avoid making eye contact with people. When walking I usually try to keep my gaze low. However you also do need to glance up sometimes to make sure you aren't walking towards someone that you are vaguely familiar with. If you do see such a person, try to take a detour in as natural a way as possible. An alternative is to take a sudden interest in your surroundings. However, if they have already spotted you and you think that they probably think that you have also spotted them, give them the eyebrow raise of acknowledgement or the nod of acknowledgement, in order to avoid seeming rude.

If you somehow find yourself having to talk to someone, you can pretend to be shy or dull to avoid coming off as rude. Give vague, non-commital responses. Pretend to not be interested in anything. If there is a pause in the conversation, don't break it, but instead give them a nervous smile. Hopefully they will think you are one of those nice-but-boring people and eventually leave you alone.

Reply #12 - November 18, 2014, 03:14 AM

Say you have ebola

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #13 - November 18, 2014, 04:06 PM

Robbie Fulks - I Like Being Left Alone
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=etgS6_rbo1I
     Reply #14 - November 18, 2014, 06:23 PM

It's a shame you've decided there's no one interesting out there before you've met us all :(

Seriously though, M.I.A offers the most useful and comprehensive advice. She seems highly skilled at avoidance. To add to that, headphones plus not wearing any contact lenses on the days I didn't fancy talking, seemed to work for me. I would pass friends without noticing them, and I didn't have to pretend not to see them. I just really couldn't. But I suppose that only works if you're blind, but not too blind that you'd get yourself run over by a bus  wacko

it is just the people I meet. Obviously it is not everyone, but I just feel there's no one that thinks like me and I don't feel a connection with anyone   Angry

Thanks guys for your advice. I thought I was the only one avoiding people  Cheesy
     Reply #15 - November 18, 2014, 06:24 PM

Robbie Fulks - I Like Being Left Alone
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=etgS6_rbo1I

aha nice song  Afro
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »