Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Day I First Tasted Bacon

(Read 41624 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Day I First Tasted Bacon
     Reply #30 - December 15, 2014, 10:32 PM

you are all making me hungry... and i am a vegetarian!

ah well, i am a good infidel XD

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
     Reply #31 - December 15, 2014, 11:18 PM

I was told that the protocol for eating bacon sandwiches was to squirt ketchup or brown sauce and then munch.

Infidel!

It’s brown sauce with bacon, and red sauce with sausage sandwiches! Tongue

There is a Jewish joke about a rabbi who dreamed of tasting pork. Eventually he sneaked into a restaurant and ordered a whole roast piglet that even came with an apple in its mouth. As he was about to tuck in one of the worshippers from his synagogue walked into the bistro and the rabbi said ‘Will you look at these anti-semites, you ask for an apple and they serve it like this!”

Not heard that one before. It's actually pretty damn hilarious! Grin
     Reply #32 - December 15, 2014, 11:48 PM

The biggest regret in my life is the fact that I never tried bacon after I became a full-on Kafir and before I became a vegetarian.
     Reply #33 - December 16, 2014, 03:44 AM

You've had a fantastic life, then. Grin
     Reply #34 - December 16, 2014, 08:33 AM

There is a really nice Egyptian pizza delivery guy who delivers when I am at work.  At first I was scared when he first delivered bc I ordered the spicy italian which is full of all sorts of porky goodness but he turned out to be a big egyptian teddy bear  dance and now I get extra jalapenos on my pizza and if I order a small and he is working he always delivers a large no extra charge, we laugh and he gets a great tip.  piggy nom nom

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
     Reply #35 - December 16, 2014, 08:46 AM

you are all making me hungry... and i am a vegetarian!

ah well, i am a good infidel XD

I love it when people admit it Hoorah Afro
     Reply #36 - March 28, 2015, 06:42 AM

Qasira's essay is a gem!

As a person who's been eating pig meat all her life, it's delightful to read ex-Muslims' accounts of trying it for the first time.

When I was a kid, one of my favourite lunches was a strip bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich with toasted bread and plenty of mayonnaise. 

That was in the USA.  Now that I'm living in Australia, if I would order a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with mayo, I'd get a sandwich with back bacon in it, what in the US we call "Canadian bacon".

It's just not the same.

I've never seen strip bacon served in any café or restaurant here.  It might be at the supermarket, but now that I'm older, I stay away from strip bacon because its so fatty.  But I *love* it.

So some of you might want to try a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich on toast (commonly known as a "BLT") as part of your exploration of the brave new pork world.  Don't forget the mayo!  piggy dance piggy

Reply #37 - June 23, 2015, 10:14 PM

This is hilarious. And also relatable. The first time I tried bacon was after a night out with friends and one of my flatmates grilled some. I felt so devious (maybe enhanced by my state of inebriation) but she burned it so I didn't really get the real taste. A few days later I got a bacon sandwich and coffee for £2 from Greggs with ketchup, which I enjoyed... I then started trying all the porks- sausages, ham, chorizo etc and my favourite was ham. However I dont know if it was the muslim background, or pure coincidence, but I couldnt see what the fuss was about- I much preferred the taste of chicken to pork.
    Anyway I'm a vegetarian now, so none of that even matters any more  grin12

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
     Reply #38 - June 24, 2015, 07:32 AM

Pork is overrated, meat in general is. But I agree, chicken wins every time.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #39 - June 25, 2015, 02:20 AM

I was going to say that I haven't eaten pork yet, then I remembered that I'd bought some egg rolls on the cheap and when I got them home, I noticed the box said "shrimp and pork". But I don't think it was actually pork in them, probably a cheap substitute like pink slime.  Cheesy

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #40 - June 25, 2015, 10:07 AM

Pork can be the best of meats or the worst, but never as bad as bad battery chicken.

(I realise this sentence has as many holes in it as a Hamza embryology claim, but you get my drift.)
     Reply #41 - June 25, 2015, 05:34 PM

Well, this post made me amazingly hungry. It takes me back to the time I ordered biscuits with sausage gravy and got pork-blocked by the Muslim cook in the back who sent the waitress to take my order again because he thought he was being "helpful" by letting me know it was pork sausage.

That's the whole point. lipsrsealed Had fried chicken that day, but I'm still lusting after those biscuits and gravy.
     Reply #42 - June 25, 2015, 06:02 PM

^ that happened to me once also, I drove for miles to a quaint country village, an all white area so I could eat my bacon in peace at a small café, I was guaranteed to be served by a white person but who walks in with my plate, a muslim man with a long beard lol..he wouldn't serve me, asshole lol
     Reply #43 - June 25, 2015, 06:36 PM

@umhuraira, suki

Dear god, that's fucked up. Like couldn't you request a different server or something?  mysmilie_977

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #44 - June 25, 2015, 08:11 PM

@umhuraira, suki

Dear god, that's fucked up. Like couldn't you request a different server or something?  mysmilie_977

I was sitting with my Muslim husband so it was imperative that I save face.

Grin
     Reply #45 - June 25, 2015, 08:19 PM

Oh wow, so actually you were being a bit devious that day. Should've mentioned that part of the story for full effect. Grin

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #46 - June 25, 2015, 08:44 PM

Hahah, if I'm being honest I probably would have gotten away with my order had I not been wearing hijab. How's that for full effect?
     Reply #47 - June 26, 2015, 12:52 AM

Grin Wonderful!

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #48 - June 26, 2015, 01:46 AM

The first time i tried pork was in Poland, we broke into the roof of a high rise flat and ate pork/other meat whilst drinking vodka.   grin12 grin12

"those who will, and then those who actually will"
     Reply #49 - June 26, 2015, 02:35 AM

Hey, lolzorlord. Welcome to the forum. You should make an introductory thread.  yes
     Reply #50 - June 30, 2015, 07:38 AM

There are different types and qualities of bacon, and how you cook it also matters.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #51 - June 30, 2015, 07:42 AM

Bacon, alcohol, pot. So much out there for ex-Muslims. I think it would be cool to try all at once!
     Reply #52 - June 30, 2015, 07:43 AM

Oh and puppies too.
     Reply #53 - June 30, 2015, 07:44 AM

Only the good alcohol mind. None of the shit. *sips good quality red wine*

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #54 - June 30, 2015, 07:50 AM

I am pretty clueless about what to try. I'm depending on my alcoholic friend to tell me what to start out with.
     Reply #55 - June 30, 2015, 07:55 AM

If someone suggests Fosters, Strongbow, Coors or any of that shit, you should immediately know not to trust them. Do not accept their drinks!

Reply #56 - June 30, 2015, 07:59 AM

Haha, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. What would you recommend?
     Reply #57 - June 30, 2015, 08:05 AM

Depends what you like.

Reply #58 - June 30, 2015, 08:13 AM

I don't know what I like! I've never drunk alcohol in my life. I'm not sure I'm ready to take that step yet but one of my longtime friends who I recently discovered is also ex-Muslim is in town and is bugging me to get drunk. He's been drinking and doing all sorts of haram things for years but I'm still worried. If y'all don't hear from me in a week it's probably I passed out from too much alcohol and died. 
     Reply #59 - June 30, 2015, 08:19 AM

I didn't ask what alcohol you like, I asked what you usually like.

• Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »