Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Calling Academics out on their pro-Islam BS

(Read 1596 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Calling Academics out on their pro-Islam BS
     OP - November 01, 2014, 12:04 PM

I would like to create a thread where we can have a repository of BS that Western academics have said in order to appease Islam or out of gross ignorance of Islamic/Muslim culture. These are statements which come from respected academics that give us that 'WTF' moment and are far removed from what Islamic scriptures or the general 'invisible' experiences of Muslims throughout the world reveal to us.

Naomi Wolfe:

The West interprets veiling as repression of women and suppression of their sexuality. But when I travelled in Muslim countries and was invited to join a discussion in women-only settings within Muslim homes, I learned that Muslim attitudes toward women's appearance and sexuality are not rooted in repression, but in a strong sense of public versus private, of what is due to God and what is due to one's husband. It is not that Islam suppresses sexuality, but that it embodies a strongly developed sense of its appropriate channelling - toward marriage, the bonds that sustain family life, and the attachment that secures a home.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/behind-the-veil-lives-a-thriving-muslim-sexuality/2008/08/29/1219516734637.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #1 - November 01, 2014, 12:14 PM

Jedi  I don't think Naomi Wolfe is a Western academician  .. She is a book writer .. story teller.. Political Pandit.. And she did good job in the past..

Now it appears she became a ATTENTION SEEKING PUPPY or WOLFIE

well this is what she thinks in 2014..
    ........In October 2014, Wolf again aroused controversy, with a series of Facebook posts questioning the authenticity of videos that purported to show beheadings of two Americans and two Britons by the Islamic State, implying that they had been staged by the U.S. government and that the victims and their parents were actors. Wolf also charged that the U.S. was dispatching troops not to assist in treating the Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa but to carry the disease back home to justify a military takeover of America. She further said that the Scottish independence referendum, in which Scots voted to remain in the United Kingdom, was faked.[71] Speaking about this at a demonstration in Glasgow on October 12, Wolf said, "I truly believe it was rigged...........

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - November 01, 2014, 12:22 PM

Naomi Wolf has OD'ed on the internet. She needs to go to rehab.

Her experience is also blatantly ignorant to what women themselves tell . And she is a Feminist?

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #3 - November 01, 2014, 12:27 PM

I would like to create a thread where we can have a repository of BS that Western academics have said in order to appease Islam or out of gross ignorance of Islamic/Muslim culture. These are statements which come from respected academics that give us that 'WTF' moment and are far removed from what Islamic scriptures or the general 'invisible' experiences of Muslims throughout the world reveal to us.

Naomi Wolfe:

The West interprets veiling as repression of women and suppression of their sexuality. But when I travelled in Muslim countries and was invited to join a discussion in women-only settings within Muslim homes, I learned that Muslim attitudes toward women's appearance and sexuality are not rooted in repression, but in a strong sense of public versus private, of what is due to God and what is due to one's husband. It is not that Islam suppresses sexuality, but that it embodies a strongly developed sense of its appropriate channelling - toward marriage, the bonds that sustain family life, and the attachment that secures a home.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/behind-the-veil-lives-a-thriving-muslim-sexuality/2008/08/29/1219516734637.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

this woman was recently revealed to be a conspiracy theorist who thinks the ISIS beheadings and Ebola are part of a conspiracy. Absolute lunatic.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/11/from-isis-to-ebola-what-has-made-naomi-wolf-so-paranoid.html

Good idea for a thread.

Islamists gobble up the arguments made by the useful idiots to use as 'covering fire' for their agendas. In the 21st Century, the relativist Left has become part of the most reactionary far-right movements around.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »