Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Qur'anic studies today

(Read 1271340 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 356 357 358359 360 ... 368 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10710 - April 18, 2022, 10:14 PM

Arietta Papaconstantinou - Review of Jack Tannous, The Making of the Medieval Middle East

https://www.academia.edu/43790029/Review_of_Jack_Tannous_The_Making_of_the_Medieval_Middle_East_Princeton_Princeton_University_Press_2018_for_Bustan_the_Middle_East_Book_Review_11_2020_186_189
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10711 - April 20, 2022, 09:42 AM

Marijn van Putten - Copto-Arabica: The Phonology of Early Islamic Arabic Based on Coptic Transcriptions

https://www.academia.edu/46885698/Copto_Arabica_The_Phonology_of_Early_Islamic_Arabic_Based_on_Coptic_Transcriptions
    The prophetic name: https://twitter.com/DerMenschensohn/status/1515384254397620229

That is a good start of this jpeg paste on the origins of word "Muhammad"

couple of questions on that above pic write-up dear zeca.

1), do you have any idea which book/ what pdf published paper did
    Marijn van Putten  got that ?  I casually scanned through his publication on "Copto- Arabica: The Phonology of Early Islamic Arabic Based on Coptic Transcriptions"  .. does not seem to have that particular heading "5. The Prophetic Name"..

2), what did ("Al-Jallad's 2017, p433)   say on that word "Muhammad"?? and  does he write anything on the origins of that Copto- Arabica: The Phonology of Early Islamic Arabic Based on Coptic Transcriptions Muhammad .. Did he mean that it originated in  Coptic Christology    such as Coptic   ⲙⲁϩ ⲙⲏⲧ (Mahmād)??

Anyway that is an interesting exploration of the origins of the word :"Muhammad"

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10712 - April 20, 2022, 10:17 AM

So just on that  word "Muhammad"
    Zeitscrhift der Deutschen Morgenländischen Gesellshaft, 2021 Marijn van Putten publication  and Al-Jallad's 2017a p413 ......  let me remind myself and reader on that word "Muhammad"....
    there is so much on it .. one could write zillion pubs and ton of books  to brain wash children of 21st century ...  It is indeed NOT SO CLEAR  where it come from..  any ways in Quran., it is mentioned in four verses out of 6300 verses or so ., here are those verses..

(1)   Al-Imraan,  Verse #144 : And muhammad is no more than an apostle; the apostles have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful.

(2)   Al-Ahzaab,   Verse #40: muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Apostle of Allah and the Last of the prophets; and Allah is cognizant of all things.

(3) Muhammad,  , Verse #2:   And  those who believe and do good, and believe in what has been revealed to muhammad, and it is the very truth from their Lord, He will remove their evil from them and improve their condition.

(4)  Al-Fath,  Verse #29 :    muhammad is the Apostle of Allah, and those with him are firm of heart against the unbelievers, compassionate among themselves; you will see them bowing down, prostrating themselves, seeking grace from Allah and pleasure; their marks are in their faces because of the effect of prostration; that is their description in the Taurat and their description in the Injeel; like as seed-produce that puts forth its sprout, then strengthens it, so it becomes stout and stands firmly on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the unbelievers on account of them; Allah has promised those among them who believe and do good, forgiveness and a great reward.

Also it is mentioned in the books of 'Sahih al-Bukhari' and  also by  other hadith writers such as in "Sahih Muslim.'
    Hadith 3532 of   Sahih al-Bukhari " Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (pbuh) and his Companions" ..

Narrated Jubair bin Mut`im:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "I have five names: I am Muhammad and Ahmad; I am Al-Mahi through whom Allah will eliminate infidelity; I am Al-Hashir who will be the first to be resurrected, the people being resurrected there after; and I am also Al-`Aqib (i.e. There will be no prophet after me).

Anyway today in 21st century .. here is fun ...lol..

1). If all variants of Muhammad are counted, there are 14,646 people in Finland named Muhammad. The most common spelling is Mohamed, accounting for 39% of the Muhammad name carriers.

2). In May 2006, it was reported that statistics indicate that some 8,928 Danish Muslims carry the name Muhammad and that in 2004 alone, 167 new-born babies were registered

3). In the 1990 United States census, the Muhammad variant of the spelling was ranked 4,194 out of 88,799 for people of all ages

4). it is worth noticing that approximately 60% of people named Muhammad live in Pakistan, Middle East and North Africa.

there are very famous folks whose middle is Muhammad

Thanks to Allah,, Thanks to Grandma .....MY NAME WAS NOT" Muhammad"  Cheesy Cheesy

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10713 - April 20, 2022, 03:33 PM

Between history and legend The biography of the Prophet Muhammad by Ibn Shihäb al-Zuhrï
    Nicolet Boekhoff-van der Voort
    Thesis to obtain the degree of Doctor at the Radboud University Nijmegen on the authority of the rector magnificus prof. mr. S.C J.J. Kortmann, according to the decision of the College of Deans to be defended in public on Monday 23 January 2012 at 13.30 precisely
    https://repository.ubn.ru.nl/bitstream/handle/2066/101441/101441.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10714 - April 20, 2022, 03:44 PM

Between history and legend The biography of the Prophet Muhammad by Ibn Shihäb al-Zuhrï
    Thesis to obtain the degree of Doctor at the Radboud University Nijmegen on the authority of the rector magnificus prof. mr. S.C J.J. Kortmann, according to the decision of the College of Deans to be defended in public on Monday 23 January 2012 at 13.30 precisely
    https://repository.ubn.ru.nl/bitstream/handle/2066/101441/101441.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

thanks for that 2012 Ph.D. Thesis link of Nicolet Boekhoff.,  I will read through it .,  But did she REALLY TRANALATE the work of Ibn Shihäb al-Zuhrï?? .. there are lot of holes in the story of  Ibn Shihab al-Zuhri  ..

....Muhammad ibn Muslim al-Zuhri was born c. AH 58 (677/678) in the city of Medina. His father Muslim was a supporter of the Zubayrids during the Second Fitna, while his great-grandfather Abdullah fought against Muhammad at the Battle of Uhud before converting to Islam....

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10715 - April 21, 2022, 05:58 AM

Thesis to obtain the degree of Doctor

hello Altara...

well I flipped through that pdf file of   Nicolet Boekhoff 2012  Ph. D. thesis.. Unfortunately That  thesis  is very little to do with Quranic Prophet of Islam   but it is all to do with Hadith Prophet of Islam.,  I have NO hesitation to say hadith Muhammad is a cartoon character scoundrels of Islam created   way after the death of Prophet of Islam whom I call as "FIRST PREACHER OF ISLAM"

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10716 - April 21, 2022, 12:51 PM

Yes, NBV follows Motzki  (who is his thesis director) and his technical stuff about hadith.
    But she says interesting thing  in the first chapter: she admits that the sources are late (200 years after 632), she admits that there is no real 'biography' but hearsay :
     'The traditional sources that are used for composing a biography of Muhammad, are not continuous accounts of the life of the Prophet like modern biographies, but collections of traditions partly ascribed to Muhammad's followers, the Companions. One collection can contain several - sometimes even contradictory - accounts of the same event.'
    She admits that the work of Ibn Ishaq is a salvation history and that the 'biographical information about Muhammad is spread over many different works."
    At last,  in the second chapter, Motzki states interestingly about  the 'II. THE CRITICAL APPROACH TO MUHAMMAD'S LIVE IN THE WEST'  that:'"On the one hand, it is not possible to write a historical biography of the Prophet without
    being accused of using the sources uncritically, while on the other hand, when using the sources critically, it is simply not possible to write such a biography."23
    Of course. 'Not possible'.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10717 - April 21, 2022, 03:02 PM

Yes, NBV follows Motzki  (who is his thesis director) and his technical stuff about hadith.
    But she says interesting thing  in the first chapter: she admits that the sources are late (200 years after 632), she admits that there is no real 'biography' but hearsay :
     'The traditional sources that are used for composing a biography of Muhammad, are not continuous accounts of the life of the Prophet like modern biographies, but collections of traditions partly ascribed to Muhammad's followers, the Companions. One collection can contain several - sometimes even contradictory - accounts of the same event.'
    She admits that the work of Ibn Ishaq is a salvation history and that the 'biographical information about Muhammad is spread over many different works."
    At last,  in the second chapter, Motzki states interestingly about  the 'II. THE CRITICAL APPROACH TO MUHAMMAD'S LIVE IN THE WEST'  that:'"On the one hand, it is not possible to write a historical biography of the Prophet without
    being accused of using the sources uncritically, while on the other hand, when using the sources critically, it is simply not possible to write such a biography."23

So where does that lead to ??

GO ON WRITING JUNK PUBS and tell stories from Islamic sources and make living as university faculty as Islamic historian ??  It  appears many of these Early Islamic historians that are faculty members in universities (west & east)  have no critical thinking abilities
    Of course. 'Not possible'.

well It is certainly NOT possible with that Muhammad/Mecca/Medina/Zam zam water story.. all that hadith story of Muhammad is  watery.,

But Question to you is Muhammad of Quran  and Origins of the word "Muhammad" .
    is it Greek??
    Is it Aramaic ?
    Is it Coptic?
     Is it Hebrew??
    Is it Syriac/Arabic?? 
    or is it Sanaani Yameni ? ..

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10718 - April 21, 2022, 03:53 PM

"It  appears many of these Early Islamic historians that are faculty members in universities (west & east)  have no critical thinking abilities"

They had before Islam entered in the West . Now they are afraid, frightened, etc.

"But Question to you is Muhammad of Quran  and Origins of the word "Muhammad" .

The earliest is (for me...) Hebrew in the expression of 'Ish Hamudot" meaning exactly Mu (Ish) man, this one,  hammad (hamudot) praised, loved, etc. You find it in the Book of Daniel, in the Bible. It is Gallez  who is the first who came up with the idea. I think he is right.

A must read related to what NBV says about Schacht in her chapter II.
    Islamic Law-The Impact of Joseph Schacht
    http://www.soerenkern.com/pdfs/islam/IslamicLawTheImpactofJosephSchacht.pdf
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10719 - April 21, 2022, 04:40 PM

They had before Islam entered in the West . Now they are afraid, frightened, etc.

They better get frightened., 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey0XIy2rXBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mMPNJR0yM

BUT THAT FEAR MAKES THE GAME WORSE & WORSE AS TIME GOES BY...

The earliest is (for me...) Hebrew in the expression of 'Ish Hamudot" meaning exactly Mu (Ish) man, this one,  hammad (hamudot) praised, loved, etc. You find it in the Book of Daniel, in the Bible.

It is Gallez who is the first who came up with the idea. I think he is right.

Thanks for that point

Edouard M Gallez publications are indeed worth reading..

References to Muḥammad in the Koran: Lost Years since 1949?  History of a Research by   Edouard M. Gallez

A must read related to what NBV says about Schacht in her chapter II.
    Islamic Law-The Impact of Joseph Schacht
    http://www.soerenkern.com/pdfs/islam/IslamicLawTheImpactofJosephSchacht.pdf

thanks again..  https://thegreatsecretofislam.com/

with best regards
    yeezevee

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10720 - April 21, 2022, 05:56 PM

couple of questions on that above pic write-up dear zeca.

1), do you have any idea which book/ what pdf published paper did
    Marijn van Putten  got that ?  I casually scanned through his publication on "Copto- Arabica: The Phonology of Early Islamic Arabic Based on Coptic Transcriptions"  .. does not seem to have that particular heading "5. The Prophetic Name"..

It's right at the end of MVP's paper.

2), what did ("Al-Jallad's 2017, p433)   say on that word "Muhammad"?? and  does he write anything on the origins of that Copto- Arabica: The Phonology of Early Islamic Arabic Based on Coptic Transcriptions Muhammad .. Did he mean that it originated in  Coptic Christology    such as Coptic   ⲙⲁϩ ⲙⲏⲧ (Mahmād)??

I can't remember if Al-Jallad has anything else to say about the word "Muhammad". As far as I know he has looked at Arabic written in Greek script but not Coptic.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10721 - April 21, 2022, 08:53 PM

It's right at the end of MVP's paper.

oh I see that., thanks.,  but again ., from that it is not clear to me whether that word "Muhammad" came from Greek to Coptic?

Greek spellings Μαµετ, Μααµεδ,andMααµετ could potentially be interpreted as reflecting a form /maammed/with colouring of the original*u of the prefix to a and raising of the final vowel*a

Or went from Coptic to Greek ?

another Q..

Did any one by chance translate or have translated versions of the  French historiography Edouard-Marie Gallez "Le Messie et son Prophète" thesis., in English?

I guess Altara could give me some help on that..

Subjective and Objective Problems with the Canonical Biography known as the Sîra, with special reference to Q 9:37 and Q 44:54    by Johannes J.G. Jansen,

Vol. I : From Qumrân to Muhammad :     

Part 1 : The « essenian » file : a wood you can’t see for the trees

Part 2 : Origin and elaboration of the  messianistic ideology

Vol. II : From the Muhammad of the Caliphs to the Muhammad of history :

Part 3 + appendixes and indexes                           

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10722 - April 21, 2022, 10:05 PM

Did any one by chance translate or have translated versions of the  French historiography Edouard-Marie Gallez "Le Messie et son Prophète" thesis., in English? I guess Altara could give me some help on that..

Well... Odon Lafontaine said that there would be an English version of its digest of it. There are Arabic and Farsi ones.

https://thegreatsecretofislam.com

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10723 - April 23, 2022, 08:43 PM

Chiara Della Puppa - The Safaitic scripts: palaeography of an ancient nomadic writing culture

https://scholarlypublications.universiteitleiden.nl/handle/1887/3283744
    This dissertation is the first systematic investigation of the materiality of Safaitic inscriptions, which were carved by ancient nomads in the Ḥarrah, a basaltic desert stretching from southern Syria, through north-eastern Jordan, into northern Saudi Arabia. The thesis focuses on graphic variation and palaeographic development in the Safaitic inscriptions, seeking to analyse different levels and patterns of variation in the Safaitic script(s). By using the long genealogies of several texts by members of the lineage of Ḍf as chronological framework, it describes and measures the palaeographic development from the ‘common’ to the ‘fine’ script across generations. In addition, the information from the Ḍf lineage-tree and the attested generations is combined with the dated texts by members of the same lineage in order to provide a working chronological framework for Safaitic writing among the Ḍf. The thesis also deals with other aspects of the materiality of Safaitic texts which have never been treated systematically, such as carving techniques, text layout, writing styles, and disruptive practices towards the texts, that is, their effacement and modification.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10724 - April 24, 2022, 06:39 PM

Petra Sijpesteijn - Arabic script and language in the earliest papyri

https://www.academia.edu/44995659/ARABIC_SCRIPT_AND_LANGUAGE_IN_THE_EARLIEST_PAPYRI_MIRRORS_OF_CHANGE
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10725 - April 24, 2022, 07:00 PM

Petra Sijpesteijn - The Arab Conquest of Egypt and the Beginning of Muslim Rule

https://www.academia.edu/10486504/The_Arab_Conquest_of_Egypt_and_the_Beginning_of_Muslim_Rule
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10726 - April 24, 2022, 07:16 PM

Thank you for those links of dr. Petra dear zeca.. She is a fantastic  articulated modern historian on early Islam ..

on the way let me add the link another wonderful lady Prof. Ella  Landau-Tasseron on whose honor  Petra wrote that article..

Reading into Islamization- Session 8 -  Ella Landau-Tasseron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrETMsnputE

what a names ....   those names .. "Petra" .....  in Islamic history   and and "Landau"... in Physics are very very well known names..

best wishes
    yeezevee

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10727 - May 01, 2022, 01:13 PM

Gabriel Said Reynolds - Does the Qurʾan Quote the Qurʾan?

https://leidenarabichumanitiesblog.nl/articles/does-the-qurʾan-quote-the-qurʾan
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10728 - May 05, 2022, 12:07 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR_n7ZTQh2I
    In this short video I sketch out the Qur'anic portrayal of Jesus, which although writing about the same figure as Jesus in the New Testament, ultimately presents a different character.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10729 - May 07, 2022, 06:55 AM

Peter Webb - Protection Granted by Women - between law and literature

https://www.academia.edu/78456192/Protection_Granted_by_Women_between_law_and_literature
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10730 - May 10, 2022, 01:50 PM

Mehdy Shaddel - Periodisation and the futūḥ: Making Sense of Muḥammad’s Leadership of the Conquests in non-Muslim Sources

https://www.academia.edu/36951072
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10731 - May 10, 2022, 02:37 PM

Khodadad Rezakhani - History from the edge: teaching early Islamic history from sub-Sasanian coins

https://www.academia.edu/49093245/History_from_the_edge_teaching_early_Islamic_history_from_sub_Sasanian_coins
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10732 - May 10, 2022, 02:44 PM

Khodadad Rezakhani - The End of Sasanian Rule: The Center and Periphery of Ērānšahr in the Seventh Century

https://www.academia.edu/43782696/The_End_of_Sasanian_Rule_The_Center_and_Periphery_of_Ērānšahr_in_the_Seventh_Century
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10733 - May 10, 2022, 09:05 PM

Kevin van Bladel - review of Shoemaker's the Apocalypse of Empire

https://www.academia.edu/43541360/van_Bladel_2020_Review_of_Shoemaker_2018_the_Apocalypse_of_Empire
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10734 - May 13, 2022, 11:26 AM

this is an interesting book with Articles from different authors with reference understanding the mindset of "Intellectuals in the Modern Islamic World"  a pdf of file of those articles are freely available at this link at  https://library.oapen.org/handle/20.500.12657/24216

This book reconsiders the typology and history of intellectuals in the Islamic world in the modern and contemporary periods from the late nineteenth century to the present day. Intellectuals in the Modern Islamic World distinguishes itself from other major studies on modern thought in Islam by examining this topic beyond the context of the Arabic world. The first section of this book concentrates on a journal, al-Manar, published between 1898 and 1935, and read by a wide range of audiences throughout the Islamic world, which inspired the imagination and arguments of local intellectuals in the first half of the twentieth century.

The second part concentrates on the formation, transmission, and transformation of learning and authority, from the Middle East to Central and South Asia, through the twentieth century. Providing a rich variety of case studies, by international authors of the most varied disciplinary scope, Intellectuals in the Modern Islamic World meets the highest academic requirements in a spirit of comparative vision and openness to the dynamism of contemporary societies of the Islamic world.

As such, this book is essential reading for those with research interests in Islam and intellectual thought.

Stéphane A. Dudoignon is a research fellow at the National Center for Scientific Research (Paris).

Komatsu Hisao is a professor at the Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, The University of Tokyo.

Kosugi Yasushi is a professor at the Graduate School of Asian and African Area Studies, Kyoto University.

Preface List of contributors

PART I Al-Manar in a changing Islamic world

1 Al-Manar revisited: the “lighthouse” of the Islamic revival KOSUGI YASUSHI

2 Al-Manar and popular religion in Syria, 1898–1920 DAVID D. COMMINS

3 The Manarists and Modernism: an attempt to fuse society and religion MAHMOUD HADDAD

4 The influence of al-Manar on Islamism in Turkey: the case of Mehmed Âkif KASUYA GEN

5 Echoes to al-Manar among the Muslims of the Russian Empire: a preliminary research note on Riza al-Din b. Fakhr al-Din and the Mura (1908–1918) STÉPHANE A. DUDOIGNON

6 Rationalizing patriotism among Muslim Chinese: the impact of the Middle East on the Yuehua journal MATSUMOTO MASUMI

7 The transmission of al-Manar’s reformism to the Malay-Indonesian world: the case of al-Imam and al-Munir AZYUMARDI AZRA

PART II Intellectuals in challenge: situations, discourses, strategies

8 The Arabo-Islamic constitutional thought at 1907: ‘Abd al-Karim Murad (d. 1926) and his draft constitution for Morocco STEFAN REICHMUTH

9 Constructing transnational Islam: the East–West network of Shakib Arslan RAJA ADAL

10 Muslim intellectuals in Bosnia-Herzegovina in the twentieth century: continuities and changes ALEXANDRE POPOVIC

11 From social development to religious knowledge: transformation of the Isma2ilis in Northern Pakistan NEJIMA SUSUMU

12 Islam on the wings of nationalism: the case of Muslim intellectuals in Republican China FRANÇOISE AUBIN

13 Muslim intellectuals and Japan: a Pan-Islamist mediator, Abdurreshid Ibrahim KOMATSU HISAO

14 Clash of cultures? Intellectuals, their publics, and Islam DALE F. EICKELMAN

Glossary—Index

well that is what the book has

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10735 - May 13, 2022, 08:12 PM

Thread: https://twitter.com/iandavidmorris/status/1524814763116601344
    What are your thoughts about Mecca being located at Paran as mentioned in both "The Geography of Ananias of Sirak" and "Thomas Artsruni"?

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10736 - May 13, 2022, 10:13 PM

https://twitter.com/iandavidmorris/status/1524824561828745216

Ian   Morris has a point in the above tweet  w.r.t OT bible stories on Isaac descendants and  Ishmael’s descendants  and it is very clear to any one who read Quran  that  the  Quran stories are firmly rooted in retelling OT/NT stories in Arabic  language...

BUT THAT IS NOT IMPORTANT TO THE PRESENT ISLAM and understanding the origins of Present Islam through "Mecca-Medina-Muhammad-Zam zam water "

The questions are

When and where the present "Mecca-Medina-Muhammad-Zam zam water" stories started  and how they propagated  and who started those stories

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10737 - May 14, 2022, 06:58 AM

I just wanted to say that Gabriel S. Reynolds is active on this thread on Reddit and answers questions:https://www.reddit.com/r/AcademicQuran/comments/unzcqu/gabriel_said_reynolds_prof_of_islamic_studies_and/
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10738 - May 14, 2022, 08:44 AM

I just wanted to say that Gabriel S. Reynolds is active on this thread on Reddit and answers questions:https://www.reddit.com/r/AcademicQuran/comments/unzcqu/gabriel_said_reynolds_prof_of_islamic_studies_and/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AcademicQuran/comments/unzcqu/gabriel_said_reynolds_prof_of_islamic_studies_and/
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #10739 - May 14, 2022, 12:58 PM

that  the  Quran stories are firmly rooted in retelling OT/NT stories in Arabic  language...

OFC.

BUT THAT IS NOT IMPORTANT TO THE PRESENT ISLAM and understanding the origins of Present Islam through "Mecca-Medina-Muhammad-Zam zam water "

To the contrary.

The questions are

When and where the present "Mecca-Medina-Muhammad-Zam zam water" stories started  and how they propagated  and who started those stories

Urwa b. al Zubayr.
  • Previous page 1 ... 356 357 358359 360 ... 368 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »