I wonder about that "Pre-Islamic Jāhillya poetry "
.. when and what date and by whom that "Pre-Islamic Jāhillya poetry " was published?? was it before Quran manuscripts or after those Sana Manuscripts??
because sonnets, songs, poems and poetry is an important part of Quarn., Infact other name for Quran is indeed "Recitation of Poetry" in the name of Allah by Allah for Allah..
well let me add Quran verses here on that Poem/poetry..
4. He said: My Lord knows what is spoken in the heaven and the earth, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
5. Nay! say they: Medleys of dreams; nay! he has forged it; nay! he is a poet; so let him bring to us a sign as the former (prophets) were sent (with).
6. There did not believe before them any town which We destroyed, will they then believe?
7. And We did not send before you any but men to whom We sent revelation, so ask the followers of the reminder if you do not
220. Surely He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
221. Shall I inform you (of him) upon whom the Shaitans descend?
222. They descend upon every lying, sinful one,
223. They incline their ears, and most of them are liars.
224. And as to the poets, those who go astray follow them
225. Do you not see that they wander about bewildered in every valley?
226. And that they say that which they do not do,
227. Except those who believe and do good and remember Allah much, and defend themselves after they are oppressed; and they who act unjustly shall know to what final place of turning they shall turn back.
65. On that day We will set a seal upon their mouths, and their hands shall speak to Us, and their feet shall bear witness of what they earned.
66. And if We please We would certainly put out their eyes, then they would run about groping for the way, but how should they see?
67. And if We please We would surely transform them in their place, then they would not be able to go on, nor will they return.
68. And whomsoever We cause to live long, We reduce (him) to an abject state in constitution; do they not then understand?
69. And We have not taught him poetry, nor is it meet for him; it is nothing but a reminder and a plain Quran,
70. That it may warn him who would have life, and (that) the word may prove true against the unbelievers.
71. Do they not see that We have created cattle for them, out of what Our hands have wrought, so they are their masters?
72. And We have subjected them to them, so some of them they have to ride upon, and some of them they eat.
73. And therein they have advantages and drinks; will they not then be grateful?
74. And they have taken gods besides Allah that they may be helped.
34. Surely thus do We deal with the guilty.
35. Surely they used to behave proudly when it was said to them: There is no god but Allah;
36. And to say: What! shall we indeed give up our gods for the sake of a mad poet?
37. Nay: he has come with the truth and verified the apostles.
38. Most surely you will taste the painful punishment.
39. And you shall not be rewarded except (for) what you did.
28. Surely we called upon Him before: Surely He is the Benign, the Merciful.
29. Therefore continue to remind, for by the grace of your Lord, you are not a soothsayer, or a madman.
30. Or do they say: A poet, we wait for him the evil accidents of time.
31. Say: Wait, for surely I too with you am of those who wait.
32. Nay! do their understandings bid them this? Or are they an inordinate people?
33. Or do they say: He has forged it. Nay! they do not believe.
34. Then let them bring an announcement like it if they are truthful
38. But nay! I swear by that which you see,
39. And that which you do not see.
40. Most surely, it is the Word brought by an honored Apostle,
41. And it is not the word of a poet; little is it that you believe;
42. Nor the word of a soothsayer; little is it that you mind.
43. It is a revelation from the Lord of the worlds.
44. And if he had fabricated against Us some of the sayings,
45. We would certainly have seized him by the right hand,
46. Then We would certainly have cut off his aorta.
47. And not one of you could have withheld Us from him.
Yap.. Glad to read Quran., Well it is interesting to note all those verses that have Poets/poetry word in Quan comes from early revelations.... so-called Meccan surahs.