Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Qur'anic studies today

(Read 1272729 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 273 274 275276 277 ... 368 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8220 - November 03, 2019, 02:06 PM

Mohammad Ali Amir-Moezzi is agrégé of Arabic and hold a PhD; I do not know the topic of his dissertation, but I think it is related to the Shii early history:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agr%C3%A9gation#In_higher_education
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Ali_Amir-Moezzi
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8221 - November 03, 2019, 03:00 PM

Mohammad Ali Amir-Moezzi is agrégé of Arabic and hold a PhD; I do not know the topic of his dissertation, but I think it is related to the Shii early history:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agr%C3%A9gation#In_higher_education
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Ali_Amir-Moezzi

thanks for that reply dear Altara ., I am trying to find his position on that 1979 Iran revolution ., I wonder whether he wrote anything on that in French? some 30 years ago when  he was in his 30s

AND I APPRECIATE YOUR OPINION ON THESE VERSES i wonder whether you looked in to the presence of  those words "Mecca and Medina " in Quran  and their presence in earlier Quran manuscripts  .. for e.g  verses like these ..

48: 24., And He it is Who held back their hands from you and your hands from them in the valley of mecca after He had given you victory over them; and Allah is Seeing what you do.  .

62: 2.,  He it is Who raised among the inhabitants of  mecca  an Apostle from among themselves, who recites to them His communications and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and the Wisdom, although they were before certainly in clear error,

Did any one with western Ph.D., degree (Muslim or Non Muslim)publish any papers in a peer reviewd journals on these verses that has the word "Mecca"

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8222 - November 03, 2019, 03:35 PM

I am trying to find his position on that 1979 Iran revolution ., I wonder whether he wrote anything on that in French? some 30 years ago when  he was in his 30s

Never heard of.

48: 24., And He it is Who held back their hands from you and your hands from them in the valley of mecca after He had given you victory over them; and Allah is Seeing what you do. 

Hands of whom?
    Idem with victory
    This verse is sufficiently vague to be the point of departure of greats stories Wink

62: 2.,  He it is Who raised among the inhabitants of  mecca  an Apostle from among themselves, who recites to them His communications and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and the Wisdom, although they were before certainly in clear error,

Absent of the textus receptus :

It is He Who has sent amongst the Unlettered a messenger from among themselves, to rehearse to
    them His Signs, to sanctify them, and to instruct them in Scripture and Wisdom- although they had
    been, before in manifest error-

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8223 - November 03, 2019, 03:51 PM

Never heard of.

Hands of whom?
    Idem with victory
    This verse is sufficiently vague to be the point of departure of greats stories Wink

Absent of the textus receptus :

It is He Who has sent amongst the Unlettered a messenger from among themselves, to rehearse to
    them His Signs, to sanctify them, and to instruct them in Scripture and Wisdom- although they had
    been, before in manifest error-

well ..  I can not argue with you on what you are saying and what those verses are saying and why?.. what I am asking is slightly different .. let me rephrase questions

Q1), Did any one with western Ph.D., degree (Muslim or Non Muslim)publish any papers in a peer reviewd journals on these verses that has the word "Mecca"?

Q2).   Whether you looked in to the presence of  those words "Mecca and Medina " in Quran   in earlier Quran manuscripts such as Sana Quran manuscript?

I hope  those questions are clear .. otherwise please let me know ...

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8224 - November 03, 2019, 05:23 PM

Abstract and first page only.

Touraj Daryaee - From Zoroastrian to Islamic Iran: A Note on the Christian Intermezzo

https://mobile.twitter.com/tourajdaryaee/status/1189988458560774145

It seems to start from an assumption of “Muslim conquests” and “Muslim armies”, but I’d like to see the rest of the article.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8225 - November 03, 2019, 05:34 PM

Yeez

IF I  REMOVE SOME SELECTED VERSES  FROM QURAN SUCH AS 10 to 15%   FROM DIFFERENT CHAPTERS.

We have examined a set of controversial verses and all the verses you asked me to check I found in the pre 650 C14 dated manuscripts. There is material evidence so hope to find this beautiful pearl inside the historical Quran full of 21st C humanistic ideas  seems idle...
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8226 - November 03, 2019, 06:41 PM

We have examined a set of controversial verses and all the verses you asked me to check I found in the pre 650 C14 dated manuscripts. There is material evidence so hope to find this beautiful pearl inside the historical Quran full of 21st C humanistic ideas  seems idle...

hi mundi  could you please list those controversial verses  along with a link that is published on those verses?

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8227 - November 03, 2019, 07:13 PM

Yeez,

You asked me to look up the presence of certain verses. I looked them up on Corpus Coranicum. We have the info on this forum... But true, I might have made a mistake.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8228 - November 03, 2019, 08:56 PM

Yeez,

You asked me to look up the presence of certain verses. I looked them up on Corpus Coranicum. We have the info on this forum... But true, I might have made a mistake.

yes .. yes indeed you did., I have that post in this same folder .., thank you  for that ., the point and questions in this post to Altara  is slightly different and about different verses .. and it is about presence of  words 1. Meccaa and 2. Madhina,  and 3. Yatrib  in some Quran verses., .. for e.g these verses that  I mentioned before to Altara havr that word "Mecca"
    48: 24., And He it is Who held back their hands from you and your hands from them in the valley of mecca after He had given you victory over them; and Allah is Seeing what you do.  .

So question was what verses do we see in that Sana Quran manuscript that have word  Mecca , Madina or Yatrib?

I am sure you too have access to Sana Manuscripts and can look in to that problem..

Now your point of "CONTROVERSIAL VERSES IN THE PRESENT BOOK QURAN" in your post is concerned. ,   it is entirely different one  and indeed important one ..

By the way what are those controversial verses?  do you have list of them?

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8229 - November 03, 2019, 09:34 PM

the point and questions in this post to Altara  is slightly different and about different verses .. and it is about presence of  words 1. Meccaa and 2. Madhina,  and 3. Yatrib  in some Quran verses., .. for e.g these verses that  I mentioned before to Altara havr that word "Mecca"

I think Altara was saying that in the second example you gave the word Mecca doesn’t appear in the original Arabic text.
    It doesn’t appear in other translations either: http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=62&verse=2
    Chapter (62) sūrat l-jumuʿah (Friday)

Sahih International: It is He who has sent among the unlettered a Messenger from themselves reciting to them His verses and purifying them and teaching them the Book and wisdom - although they were before in clear error -

Pickthall: He it is Who hath sent among the unlettered ones a messenger of their own, to recite unto them His revelations and to make them grow, and to teach them the Scripture and wisdom, though heretofore they were indeed in error manifest,

Yusuf Ali: It is He Who has sent amongst the Unlettered a messenger from among themselves, to rehearse to them His Signs, to sanctify them, and to instruct them in Scripture and Wisdom,- although they had been, before, in manifest error;-

Shakir: He it is Who raised among the inhabitants of Mecca an Messenger from among themselves, who recites to them His communications and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and the Wisdom, although they were before certainly in clear error,

Muhammad Sarwar: It is He who has sent to the illiterate a Messenger from among their own people to recite to them His revelations and purify them. He will teach the Book to them

Mohsin Khan: He it is Who sent among the unlettered ones a Messenger (Muhammad SAW) from among themselves, reciting to them His Verses, purifying them (from the filth of disbelief and polytheism), and teaching them the Book (this Quran, Islamic laws and Islamic jurisprudence) and Al-Hikmah (As-Sunnah: legal ways, orders, acts of worship, etc. of Prophet Muhammad SAW). And verily, they had been before in mainfest error;

Arberry: It is He who has raised up from among the common people a Messenger from among them, to recite His signs to them and to purify them, and to teach them the Book and the Wisdom, though before that they were in manifest error,

If you’re relying on that translation then maybe this isn’t the only place where it’s adding things to the text.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8230 - November 03, 2019, 10:47 PM

I think Altara was saying that in the second example you gave the word Mecca doesn’t appear in the original Arabic text.
    It doesn’t appear in other translations either: http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=62&verse=2
    If you’re relying on that translation then maybe this isn’t the only place where it’s adding things to the text.

thank you for that response dear zeca.,   well Millions of people actually Muslims as well as non-Muslims across the globe rely on translation of Quran in to various languages ..not just in to English .,

would you consider  http://corpus.quran.com/  as the best possible source of English translation closest   to Arabic Quran?

and don't any of these Academic scholars with Ph. D.,  who are experts in Arabic as well as there own languages  for e.g example in English(THOSE TWITTER HISTORIANS)   publish a peer reviewed paper on existing Quran translations and the errors/pitfalls  in them?

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8231 - November 03, 2019, 11:28 PM

would you consider  http://corpus.quran.com/  as the best possible source of English translation closest   to Arabic Quran?

tbh I’m not qualified to judge and I’ve no idea which is the best translation.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8232 - November 03, 2019, 11:36 PM

and don't any of these Academic scholars with Ph. D.,  who are experts in Arabic as well as there own languages  for e.g example in English(THOSE TWITTER HISTORIANS)   publish a peer reviewed paper on existing Quran translations and the errors/pitfalls  in them?

I’ve seen historians on Twitter discussing problems with translations but I can’t remember what translations they recommended. I can’t think of any academic papers on this.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8233 - November 03, 2019, 11:38 PM

tbh I’m not qualified to judge and I’ve no idea which is the best translation.

well I usually follow kalamullah.com  and use that Saheeh International Translation

Well these guys who organize  these Quran meetings from tax payers fund at universities are really irresponsible ..  They should have done this by now..

anyways going through that corpus.quran.com site  which has many translations together .. on verse 24 of sūrat l-fatḥor Chapter (48)  

Sahih International: And it is He who withheld their hands from you and your hands from them within [the area of] Makkah after He caused you to overcome them. And ever is Allah of what you do, Seeing.

Pickthall: And He it is Who hath withheld men's hands from you, and hath withheld your hands from them, in the  valley of Mecca,  after He had made you victors over them. Allah is Seer of what ye do.

Yusuf Ali: And it is He Who has restrained their hands from you and your hands from them in the midst of Makka,  after that He gave you the victory over them. And Allah sees well all that ye do.

Shakir: And He it is Who held back their hands from you and your hands from them in the valley of Mecca  after He had given you victory over them; and Allah is Seeing what you do.

Muhammad Sarwar: It is He who kept peace between you and the people of the valley of Mecca  after having given you a victory over them. God is Well Aware of what you do.

Mohsin Khan: And He it is Who has withheld their hands from you and your hands from them in the midst of Makkah,  after He had made you victors over them. And Allah is Ever the All-Seer of what you do.

Arberry: It is He who restrained their hands from you, and your hands from them, in the hollow of Mecca,  after that He made you victors over them. God sees the things you do.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8234 - November 04, 2019, 08:41 AM

Mecca:

The only mention of Mecca in Quran is 48:24. I did a new check in my list of oldest and the verse is mentioned in two (according to Corpus Coranicum):

- Chester Beatty I ( C14 610-660)
    - Dam 1-29.1 (C14  640-660)  (look Altara, a window of only 20years!)

But coincidence or not, the part of the verse mentioning Mecca  is damaged or gone. There are no pictures available, only the transliteration done by Corpus Coranicum.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8235 - November 04, 2019, 10:10 AM

MVP thread of threads: https://mobile.twitter.com/Tweetistorian/status/1191153916869783552
    Here's a thread that summarises the threads @PhDniX did last week.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8236 - November 04, 2019, 10:11 AM

Dam 1-29.1 (C14  640-660)  (look Altara, a window of only 20years!)

How much C14 tests?

But coincidence or not, the part of the verse mentioning Mecca  is damaged or gone.

I (personnaly) think that it it  present but...absence will disturb some people.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8237 - November 04, 2019, 10:23 AM

I (personnaly) think that it it  present but...absence will disturb some people.

Mecca:

I also think it is a coincidence that the Mecca part of the verse is gone/damaged. But materially, Mecca is not in these manuscripts...
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8238 - November 04, 2019, 11:28 AM

Mecca:

The only mention of Mecca in Quran is 48:24. I did a new check in my list of oldest and the verse is mentioned in two (according to Corpus Coranicum):

- Chester Beatty I ( C14 610-660)
    - Dam 1-29.1 (C14  640-660)  (look Altara, a window of only 20years!)

But coincidence or not, the part of the verse mentioning Mecca  is damaged or gone. There are no pictures available, only the transliteration done by Corpus Coranicum.

Mecca:

I also think it is a coincidence that the Mecca part of the verse is gone/damaged. But materially, Mecca is not in these manuscripts...

thank you mundi., it is mind boggling., you are the best for checking .,

So it is all about corpuscoranicum.....  and  what we have now in hand is all  that The Topkapı Manuscript ...  So we have whole book all 114 chapters with all those 6230 or so verses in that Topkapı Manuscript.,

DID I GET THAT RIGHT?

did those Tweeting Historians @Tweetistorian or some one write any peer reviewed publication on that?  they say at

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tweetistorian/status/1190773595246596101

Great question! The vast majority of the Quranic manuscripts we have are undated, so this is a difficult question to answer. The earliest basically complete Qurans is the Topkapı Quran edited by Altıkulaç; But it's undated, (somewhere in the 8th c.?). As for absolutely dated ones

@Vakil_e_Roaya  Nov 2 Replying to @Tweetistorian

Thanks for this thread! If this is "the most complete early manuscript" at 85%, then what is earliest complete manuscript?

so dear mundi.,  is that true that Topkapı Quran is missing some 15% of verses from the present Quran what we have?

Now I understand why you always go to that islamic-awareness.org as quick reference ..

Did this Qur'an belong to the third caliph ʿUthmān? The answer is no. There are good number of other Qur'ans [such as the ones at St. Petersburg, Samarqand, Istanbul and two at Cairo, viz., at al-Hussein mosque and Dār al-Kutub al-Misriyya] having at times turned up in different parts of the Islamic world,
    almost all purporting to show the traces of the blood of the third caliph ʿUthmān upon certain pages, and thus the genuine ʿUthmānic Qur'an, the imām, which he was reading at the time of his death.

Moreover, the manuscript clearly shows the script, illumination and marking of vowels that are from the Umayyad times (i.e., late 1st century / early 2nd century of hijra).[2] Furthermore, this manuscript was also briefly discussed by Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn al-Munajjid who did not consider it to be from the time of caliph ʿUthmān

Hmm.. they have some traces of blood of caliph ʿUthmān  as a proof .,  that is what they write ...I wonder some Chinese guy  could clone that guy in near future.,   anyways let me read this

https://bible-quran.com/quran-manuscripts-copyist-errors/

with all this mess I think Altara ideas are certainly worth pursuing

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8239 - November 04, 2019, 12:29 PM

with all this mess I think Altara ideas are certainly worth pursuing

Thanks.
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8240 - November 04, 2019, 01:21 PM

Thanks.

no..no. you have terrific background and literature history on early Islam dear Altara., it is pleasure to read you guys specially zeca you and mundi ., some of your posts are eye opening to me.

I always used to follow that Saheeh International Translation Quran and  read that Muhammad Shakir translation which some one told me is very close to Arabic Quran and to read that one only., It was way back when  I was a kiddo... So I only read  that Saheeh International and some hadith books until I started questioning faith/s as I was am student of basic sciences and work in the field and publish in it  for bread and butter..

please  write some publication in peer reviewed journals ASAP..

talk about these 1000s of year old manuscripts ..writing on  papyrus .. writing on wood or on rocks   ., to  days bbc news at http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20191103-the-worlds-oldest-known-recipes-decoded  says

world's 4000 year old  recipe

damn that is 4000 year old meat recipe?? well here is the recipe

Tuh'u recipe

Ingredients:

1 lb leg of mutton, diced
    ½ c rendered sheep fat
    1 small onion, chopped
    ½ tsp salt
    1 lb beetroot, peeled and diced
    1 c rocket, chopped
    ½ c fresh coriander, chopped
    1 c Persian shallot, chopped
    1 tsp cumin
    1 c beer (a mix of sour beer & German Weißbier)
    ½ c water
    ½ c leek, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed

For the garnish:
    ½ c fresh coriander, finely chopped
    ½ c kurrat (or spring leek), finely chopped
    2 tsp coriander seeds, coarsely crushed

Instructions: Heat sheep fat in a pot wide enough for the diced lamb to spread in one layer. Add lamb and sear on high heat until all moisture evaporates. Fold in the onion and keep cooking until it is almost transparent. Fold in salt, beetroot, rocket, fresh coriander, Persian shallot and cumin. Keep on folding until the moisture evaporates. Pour in beer, and then add water. Give the mixture a light stir and then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add leek and garlic. Allow to simmer for about an hour until the sauce thickens.

Pound kurrat and remaining fresh coriander into a paste using a mortar and pestle. Ladle the stew into bowls and sprinkle with coriander seeds and kurrat and cilantro paste. The dish can be served with steamed bulgur, boiled chickpeas and bread.

Source: Food in Ancient Mesopotamia, Cooking the Yale Babylonian Culinary Recipes, with permission from co-author and translator Gojko Barjamovic

cooking and eating that would be better than numbing the brain with these ooold religious manuscripts   which are nothing but stories of that time with some good words .. with some silly stuff and some politically motivated statements for power grabbing

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8241 - November 04, 2019, 01:52 PM

Source: Food in Ancient Mesopotamia, Cooking the Yale Babylonian Culinary Recipes, with permission from co-author and translator Gojko Barjamovic

Exceptionnal!
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8242 - November 04, 2019, 02:02 PM

Yeez,

I read van  Putten's tweet as
    -Wetzstein II is 85% complete (C14, 662-765, σ2 (95,4%) )
    - Topkapi "basically" complete ( 8th C?)
    - BNF arabe 339 , (written date on it: 799) complete

This is what I understood from Van Putten's tweet.

I haven't checked  how "basically"complete Topkapi is as that would be an enormous work. I have checked several verses on corpus coranicum (https://corpuscoranicum.de/) to see if these are attested in certain manuscripts. That is an easy job that everyone can do. Often the site has pictures of the folia, so it is possible to be really sure...

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8243 - November 04, 2019, 10:39 PM

Alexander Treiger - Origins of Kalam

https://www.academia.edu/2344281/Origins_of_Kalam
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8244 - November 05, 2019, 11:51 AM

Lucian Reinfandt - Iran and Early Islam: Introduction

https://www.academia.edu/7096356/2015_Iran_and_Early_Islam_Introduction
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8245 - November 05, 2019, 12:01 PM

Khodadad Rezakhani - The Islamic Conquest of Sasanian Iran

https://www.academia.edu/32368487/The_Islamic_Conquest_of_Sasanian_Iran
  • Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8246 - November 05, 2019, 02:06 PM

Khodadad Rezakhani - The Islamic Conquest of Sasanian Iran

https://www.academia.edu/32368487/The_Islamic_Conquest_of_Sasanian_Iran

hi zeca that is wonderfully illustrated story work of that Persian  Khodadad from  Princeton.,  it is interesting he starts with a heading "The Islamic Conquest of Sasanian Iran" and moves to "ARAB CONQUESTS and SASANIAN IRAN"

Many readers seem not to realize the difference between "Arab Conquests"  and "Islamic conquests" of  nations  in middle ages from 800 AD or so., both are different beasts and different subjects ...

Anyways I am just curious here. did he write anything on ISLAM ITSELF., such as on Prophet Muhammad or  Abu BAKRAH., and other Father in-laws and son in-laws of Porphet....and  and on Quran or hadith??

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8247 - November 05, 2019, 02:07 PM

Yeez,

I read van  Putten's tweet as
    -Wetzstein II is 85% complete (C14, 662-765, σ2 (95,4%) )
    - Topkapi "basically" complete ( 8th C?)
    - BNF arabe 339 , (written date on it: 799) complete

This is what I understood from Van Putten's tweet.

............ corpus coranicum (https://corpuscoranicum.de/)....................

hi mundi  I am learning from you how to navigate that site..

thank you....

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8248 - November 05, 2019, 02:21 PM

hi zeca that is wonderfully illustrated story work of that Persian  Khodadad from  Princeton.,  it is interesting he starts with a heading "The Islamic Conquest of Sasanian Iran" and moves to "ARAB CONQUESTS and SASANIAN IRAN"

Many readers seem not to realize the difference between "Arab Conquests"  and "Islamic conquests" of  nations  in middle ages from 800 AD or so., both are different beasts and different subjects ...

Anyways I am just curious here. did he write anything on ISLAM ITSELF., such as on Prophet Muhammad or  Abu BAKRAH., and other Father in-laws and son in-laws of Porphet....and  and on Quran or hadith??

I don’t think so. He’s a historian of Iran and I’d say anything he’s written on early Islam is incidental to that. He’s on twitter if you’re interested: https://mobile.twitter.com/sasanianshah

This looks to be covering the same ground as the other article:

Khodadad Rezakhani - The Arab Conquests and Sasanian Iran

https://www.academia.edu/24686000/The_Arab_Conquests_and_Sasanian_Iran_Khodadad_Rezakhani_Part_1_Some_General_Observations_on_the_Late_Sasanian_Period
    It would be repetitive to re-emphasize that the narrative of a quick outpouring of a marginal population, purportedly strangers and outsiders to the Sasanian and Byzantine worlds, and their sudden conquest of these empires is unfounded and impossible to entertain. A gradual process of economic, cultural, and political change has to be considered when looking at the matter of the rise of Islam in the former Sasanian territories. Furthermore, by dismissing the idea of the end of the rule of the Sasanian dynasty as a national failure and the collapse of a supposedly dominant, monolithic culture, we can better understand the process in which the Sasanian administration, having become unsuitable for the administration of its territories, was only gradually replaced by a new system largely based on the same administrative ideas. In this sense, the question of the “fall” of the Sasanians is best viewed from the point of view of the termination of the dynasty, while its consequences need to be studied in a broader context, and perhaps more productively from the point of view of continuity. Conversion in the former Sasanian lands and the rise of New Persian are the two avenues through which this continuity can be observed and further studied. This would then allow us to better perceive the gradual socio-economic and political changes that began in the late Sasanian period and only concluded when the former Sasanian lands emerged as centers of a new medieval culture. In this context, then, we can understand how the late Sasanian state finally became the world of medieval Islam.

• Qur'anic studies today
     Reply #8249 - November 05, 2019, 02:35 PM

............... He’s on twitter if you’re interested: https://mobile.twitter.com/sasanianshah

well I am STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND BANNED AND WARNED on using  these  Facebook   Weibo, Twitter, Tumblr., WeChat, etc..etc platforms

anyway thanks..

• Previous page 1 ... 273 274 275276 277 ... 368 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »